Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Razor Coast
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Ice Cream Cultist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7907
Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo
My role is going to be more to round out the party as a sea scout, sometimes spellcaster, and backup combat support feller.

Anyway, a bit about me, I suppose. I just transplanted my happy ass from Texas to New Jersey to be with my girlfriend. We're quite happy, and plan on getting married eventually when I have a job and such. Right now I'm 23, unemployed, and looking for work in the area, though there's not much near me. I'm going to be going back to school as soon as I can get all the BS state residency stuff squared away. New Jersey is a pain.

I have done Martial Arts as well for most of my life. I have done 8 years of TKD and Judo, and a mish mash of a few other arts. I am a pretty hefty fella, and I love my food- and I love to cook. I have only been roleplaying for about five years, but I'm pretty solidly hooked. When it comes to actual roleplay stuff, I'm similar to Teufel in that I don't look at the rules too hard when roleplaying, though I do follow them. I prefer to let my roleplay, not the dice, speak for me as much as possible.

Because of this, my favorite rpg's are actually diceless, such as the Chronicles of Amber RPG from way back in the day.

For my druid, to augment the scout idea, I took Deepsight so that I have 120 ft. Darkvision, and I am going to see what else I can do to make sure I'm a good lookout.
There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving
Custom Dice Bags
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4513
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Oops, I linked the wrong liquid courage. I originally linked to the buccaneer page, then decided to try and be fancy with the direct link. But picked the wrong one, forgetting barbarians get an ability of the same name.

Here's the correct Liquid Courage. And if that is the one you were looking at, I'm fine with the "in combat" addition, just confused on the 4+ con modifier.

Last edited by kdtompos; Jul 18th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1731
Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtompos View Post
Oops, I linked the wrong liquid courage. I originally linked to the buccaneer page, then decided to try and be fancy with the direct link. But picked the wrong one, forgetting barbarians get an ability of the same name.

Here's the correct Liquid Courage. And if that is the one you were looking at, I'm fine with the "in combat" addition, just confused on the 4+ con modifier.
I was looking at the barbarian one that it was linked to. It's fine as a feat as it stands, and will go through an evaluation period- if it's "off" then we can rejig it down the road (i tend to say yes, with that caveat).
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008

Tools
User Statistics
Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
My role is going to be more to round out the party as a sea scout, sometimes spellcaster, and backup combat support feller.

Anyway, a bit about me, I suppose. I just transplanted my happy ass from Texas to New Jersey to be with my girlfriend. We're quite happy, and plan on getting married eventually when I have a job and such. Right now I'm 23, unemployed, and looking for work in the area, though there's not much near me. I'm going to be going back to school as soon as I can get all the BS state residency stuff squared away. New Jersey is a pain.

I have done Martial Arts as well for most of my life. I have done 8 years of TKD and Judo, and a mish mash of a few other arts. I am a pretty hefty fella, and I love my food- and I love to cook. I have only been roleplaying for about five years, but I'm pretty solidly hooked. When it comes to actual roleplay stuff, I'm similar to Teufel in that I don't look at the rules too hard when roleplaying, though I do follow them. I prefer to let my roleplay, not the dice, speak for me as much as possible.

Because of this, my favorite rpg's are actually diceless, such as the Chronicles of Amber RPG from way back in the day.

For my druid, to augment the scout idea, I took Deepsight so that I have 120 ft. Darkvision, and I am going to see what else I can do to make sure I'm a good lookout.
Where in NJ are you?
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colatine View Post
I was looking at the barbarian one that it was linked to. It's fine as a feat as it stands, and will go through an evaluation period- if it's "off" then we can rejig it down the road (i tend to say yes, with that caveat).
Sounds fantastic. If it helps, it effectively nullifies the class ability that it would have replaced in the original archetype. So in many ways it does replace that ability, but I've used up a feat on it as well

Thanks!
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Ice Cream Cultist

Tools
User Statistics
Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo Megiddo
I'm in Sussex County.

Anyone want to start a pool on how many times my druid gets caught by a fisherman during the campaign?

>.>
There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving
Custom Dice Bags
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
I'll start a pool that it happens 3 times

More questions for Colatine: I believe you said this already, but I can't seem to find it anymore. But the campaign setting involves Commonplace Guns rather than Guns Everywhere, correct?
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtompos View Post
I'll start a pool that it happens 3 times

More questions for Colatine: I believe you said this already, but I can't seem to find it anymore. But the campaign setting involves Commonplace Guns rather than Guns Everywhere, correct?
Guns are common, but note that the level of guns etc. is similar to the age of piracy so their use is on par with that era.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
We're All Mad Here
Iron DM 2012  

Hall of Fame 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20941
Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba Toba
I'm gonna pause in my response to give folks some time to post. Also, to probably do some work and all that.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Ice Cream Cultist

Tools
User Statistics
So, carry a bunch so you don't have to reload. Gotcha. Hehe.

What kind of language do the Tulita speak?
Custom Dice Bags

Last edited by Megiddo; Jul 18th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008

Tools
User Statistics
Common (since they have no real choice in not learning this in dealing with the colonists)

Tulita: A patois of related tongues ignorantly dubbed
“Tulita” by the newcomers, the range of languages
spoken among the indigenous peoples of the Razor
Coast share a common root. However, the farther apart
two Tulita communities exist, the greater the chance
their languages prove mutually unintelligible despite
a common origin. Based on rough similarity, these
languages fall into three categories: Tulita (mainland),
Tulita (coastal), and Tulita (island). In addition, a fourth
dialect seldom seen along the Razor is the Aizanes-Tulita
of the Aizanes Islands at the farthest eastern reaches of
the Razor Sea.

Ronjoronjo (Sacred Tulita): Reserved for shamans
and chiefs, most Tulita never learn the sacred written
word of the people. Although seldom taught to
outsiders, some newcomers who claim they were gifted
with Ronjoronjo describe a language whose glyphs
include pictographs.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colatine View Post
Guns are common, but note that the level of guns etc. is similar to the age of piracy so their use is on par with that era.
Right, so I'm not purchasing advanced firearms, as a revolver in this period doesn't fit. (It would be unbelievably expensive as well, as every bullet would cost 7.5gp, even if I crafted it myself)
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Ice Cream Cultist

Tools
User Statistics
So, if I want to understand all the native peoples, I need three dialects of Tulita? Sounds ok. Though I think I only would know Island and Coastal, most likely
Custom Dice Bags

Last edited by Megiddo; Jul 18th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Ars artis gratia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24916
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden
OM (FRAKIN') G

Maybe I shouldn't try to roll up a character during the workday ...... I just realized that I rolled D10's instead of D12's for HP (although since I am planning on one level in Fighter one of the D10's would be alright: haven't finalized that yet)

How do you want me to handle that Colatine? Re-roll that altogether or add some onto the end to account for D10 vs D12?

Uggh!!!!
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeufelHeunden View Post
OM (FRAKIN') G

Maybe I shouldn't try to roll up a character during the workday ...... I just realized that I rolled D10's instead of D12's for HP (although since I am planning on one level in Fighter one of the D10's would be alright: haven't finalized that yet)

How do you want me to handle that Colatine? Re-roll that altogether or add some onto the end to account for D10 vs D12?

Uggh!!!!
Just re-roll it.