twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-09-2015, 10:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio
Besides the one obvious acronym for it, what is a POS company?
Old 08-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7534
arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12 arin12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roofio View Post
Besides the one obvious acronym for it, what is a POS company?
Point of Sale. Basically companies that make glorified cash registers that run on Windows.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Very Humerus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1733
Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layk View Post
No it was in Minnesota, mainly fast food, lots of Wendys, Long John Silvers, and KFC's.
Hey look, someone mentioned Minnesota! That never happens! We don't have anything up here besides snow and the ability to give the false impression we sound like northern canadians...eh.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6350
Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk Layk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmaim View Post
Hey look, someone mentioned Minnesota! That never happens! We don't have anything up here besides snow and the ability to give the false impression we sound like northern canadians...eh.
I happen to like it there, moved away 8 years ago though for work, now only go back to visit family.

@arin@roofio
The saying was, I left my POS apartment, and got in my POS car to get to my POS job at the POS company. Made some good friends from that place though, and as I said before I liked the work, just not the company.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 432
Ed Starwind Ed Starwind Ed Starwind Ed Starwind Ed Starwind
Just curious... We are debating selling what we did tour small independent restaurants around here. What did the software cost?
Old 08-10-2015, 04:39 AM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Starwind View Post
Just curious... We are debating selling what we did tour small independent restaurants around here. What did the software cost?
Well, we mostly used Aldelo for Restaurants and we sold the whole system (software + custom built hardware, installation and training of personnel) for a little over $2000. We didn't really sell the software separately, but if I remember right, the license used to cost us somewhere in the $400-600 range.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:31 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Ahh ok. Haha thats a great saying.

Heh Minnesota is one state I think Id like to be. But then I did grow up watching The Mighty Ducks lol. I prefer the north anyways though, like the cold. And hockey is the only sport I pay even the slightest bit of attention to. Used to go to my dads games back in New York. Whats the cost of living like up there?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Ahh ok. Haha thats a great saying.

Heh Minnesota is one state I think Id like to be. But then I did grow up watching The Mighty Ducks lol. I prefer the north anyways though, like the cold. And hockey is the only sport I pay even the slightest bit of attention to. Used to go to my dads games back in New York. Whats the cost of living like up there?
Some of the kids in my school were in the first movie, as hockey players of other teams during the montages. I had stopped playing hockey the year before, otherwise who knows, I could have been an extra in a movie.

As far as cost of living, I don't really know anymore. If you live in the Twin Cities Metro area it's considerably more than if you live in Bemiji or Duluth. So depends on what you want. My sisters do talk about there being lots of jobs, but I guess that really comes down to what you are qualified for/etc. If you like cold and hockey though it's great.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wow that's pretty awesome man. Those movies are still among my top favourites, even after all these years.
Yeah I reckon the costs would be similar to everywhere, horribly expensive at the cities and super cheap in the middle of no where.
Luckily, I like the middle of no where. About to be in such an area when I move to Ohio later this month.
Maybe one day I'll get to check Minnesota out at least. A Harley is one of the first things Im getting once Im working in Ohio, so roadtrips will be a constant for me.
I really dont like the southern states to be honest, too hot almost all the time so my runs will be mostly through the north til snow makes riding impossible and Im forced to ride south.
Any suggestions on cool places to check out? Im particular to history, meaty unhealthy(aka good) food and irish whiskey lol
Old 08-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I haven't been there in 8 years other than visiting family, and the only place that I try to make sure to go is my old bar, Barley John's, which is craft beer fun if you like that. So I can't really help, but maybe Shadowmaim has a better idea.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Very Humerus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1733
Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim Shadowmaim
Quote:
Wow that's pretty awesome man. Those movies are still among my top favourites, even after all these years.
Yeah I reckon the costs would be similar to everywhere, horribly expensive at the cities and super cheap in the middle of no where.
Luckily, I like the middle of no where. About to be in such an area when I move to Ohio later this month.
Maybe one day I'll get to check Minnesota out at least. A Harley is one of the first things Im getting once Im working in Ohio, so roadtrips will be a constant for me.
I really dont like the southern states to be honest, too hot almost all the time so my runs will be mostly through the north til snow makes riding impossible and Im forced to ride south.
Any suggestions on cool places to check out? Im particular to history, meaty unhealthy(aka good) food and irish whiskey lol
Well, I don't really get around to the northern part of the state much. A place to visit that springs to mind however is Red Wing. Not the biggest town, but definitely fits most of your criteria.

Pretty old town that does "trolley" tours through it's old downtown district(it's actually a bus shaped like a trolley, but who's counting.) Lots of old buildings and a sort of small museum showcasing the town's history.

There are several fantastic restaurants (Smokin' Oak being my favorite, woodfire cooked everything with a gigantic rotisserie you can see when you walk in), as well as the current "Best Burgers in Minnesota" at King's Pub, no more than a 15-20 min drive away in a small town called Miesville. They have a 4-5 page menu of only burgers, with some other options for those who've been dragged along.

As for the whiskey, I don't really hit the bar scene, but I'm sure they've got it somewhere. It isn't terribly far from the cities, and only about 40 mins from the suburbs, so your options skyrocket if you're willing to travel a bit.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If you head that way, check out Mount Rushmore. It's a grand sight. And if you do, you have to stop in Wall, SD. No spoilers, just a unique place.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:17 PM
Now With Kung Fu Grip!
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Anyone up for a game of Hearthstone? The ads made me want to
Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Haven't played that one in a while. I do play Shadow Era though.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:11 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm gonna be putting this down in a note to myself for when I start making runs. Everything you guys suggested sounds awesome to me, Minnesota is now on the "Must go to" list. Ill keep Wall in mind too. Both of the Dakotas are on the list, one because of Sturgis and the other because of an interesting fellow follower of my faith who I'd like to chill with at least once. Lol you know, sometimes I completely forget Rushmore exists, kinda like Nebraska.