twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26468
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
sammich please hit up my private thread when time allows.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13830
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Finished first draft character sheet with the exception of equipment. Added Doctor Background which gave two skills, surgeon kit and feature of Medical Command.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13947
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Nice, I like it! Creative approach!
Old 01-26-2017, 11:26 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Alright so with the second Archetype Oliver is going to bring his dog with him, which is actually a wolf but don't tell him that. I think just about everything else is done. I put the Handgun feat on but I have no idea what sort of benefit that grants me yet.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
I'll need some idea of how healing will work so I spend enough creation capital on that but not too much. Thanks.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Just checking in...anything I need to be doing?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:36 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Healing - pretty standard for 5E, but let me reread hit dice and see if I want to tweak anything for modern medicine.

Character creation - how's everybody doing? I've seen some good work, just wondering if people are comfortable or need any help.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:50 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, healing options are based quite a bit on supplies. I'm going to tier them, but Mr. Trauma Doc can input a bit and let me know if I'm lumping too much ^.^

First Aid Supplies - With a successful Medicine check (DC15), a character's wounds can be tended to during a short rest. This allows for the benefits of spending a hit die, without actually spending the die. They also provide a +2 bonus to Medicine checks to stabilize the dying.

Medic Supplies - All the benefits of First Aid, plus more. With a successful Medicine check (DC20), Medic Supplies can be used to remove the Poisoned, Deafened, Blinded, or Paralyzed conditions. This takes 1 minute.

Field Doctor Supplies - All the benefits of Medic, plus more. With a successful Medicine check (DC25), Field Doctor Supplies can remove the Crippled condition (see targeted attacks, in another houserule), and allow the target to spend a hit die for healing. This takes 15 minutes.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Still waiting on the details for the weapons feats but other than that I think I'm done if you want to check out my character.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
Targeted Attacks
Any person can call their shot, aiming for a limb, the head, or the heart. The effect is slightly different depending on the target and the type of damage. Specialized conditions are in another houserule. Aiming for a limb imparts a -5 to attack. Aiming for the head or heart imparts a -10 to attack.

Arm :: no matter the type of damage, the target immediately drops whatever they were holding in that hand. If you beat the target's AC by 5 or more, the target limb is Crippled.

Leg :: no matter the type of damage, the target immediately falls prone. If you beat the target's AC by 5 or more, the target limb is Crippled.

Head :: If the damage is bludgeoning, the target is Concussed. If it is slashing, the target is Blinded. If it is piercing, add 5 to the d20 raw roll to see if it is a crit (EG, a normal attack would crit in a d20 roll of 15 before adding your attack bonuses; this only applies if the attack actually hits, and does not make the attack automatically hit on a 15+).

Heart :: If the damage is bludgeoning, the target is Incapacitated for 1 turn. If it is slashing or piercing, follow the same rules as under head for crit adjustments.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
I'm posting these here for discussion, and will put them into the houserules thread as soon as i feel they are finalized.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
Conditions -
Crippled :: This limb does not work until healed. For an arm, this means the character cannot attack with the arm or use any items or weapons that require two hands. For a leg, this cuts the character's speed in half, and if both legs are crippled, leaves them prone and unable to stand.

Concussed :: ....something clever. I'm getting there.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:20 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
Firearms Weapon Focus Feats

Handguns :: +1 to attack with 1-handed firearms. If you hit a target and then choose to continue aiming at it, you may make a second attack at -5. If this attack also hits, you may make a third attack at -10. If you have multiple attacks already in a turn (from the Attack action and other class features, or some other method), these extra attacks can only trigger once per round from a successful attack.

Longarms :: +1 to attack with non-automatic 2-handed firearms. You may apply your DEX or WIS bonus (your choice) to damage rolls made with a weapon that fits the requirements. If you do not move on a turn in which you take the Attack action with an appropriate weapon, you may add both your DEX and WIS to the damage rolls.

Automatic Weapons :: +1 to attack with automatic firearms. When you use the Full Auto action, you may choose to target a 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 square, or any oblong version using any of those dimensions (EG, 2x4, or 3x2).

Last edited by sammichweasel; 01-30-2017 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
The healing looks good to me. You'll have to decide if all injuries are able to be healed in the field. e.g. fractures, head injuries. My Sheet is done except for weapon details. I contemplated the longarms feat and adding some hunting background. If we are heavy combat I will move in that direction. If not I'll stay with Observant feat.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 AM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
That's gonna depend a bit on you guys, and how you play out various scenarios. I'd say if your character is more prone to violence, then probably Firearms. If he's more prone to solving problems before they escalate, then Observant!