twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6727
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
I think it is called soothe and it is a spell... I will double check, but he will have a heal or two up his sleeve.

Edit: Yup, it is a first level spell and he has two spell slots to cast it. 1d10+4 HP.

Last edited by Pendragon; 09-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:14 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 842
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
The Burglar
right-aligned image
Character Name: Jugar of Corsa
Ancestry & Heritage: Human (Versatile)
Class: Rogue (Ruffian)
Background: Criminal

Description: Jugar is a calculating man, and one very obviously driven by greed and ambition. Pride marks his stride and posture, an air like he could best any man in any test of skill or might that they could proclaim. As if he could handle anything that might come at him. And perhaps that would be true. Jugar is by no means a weak man. His thews are strong and supple, brazenly displayed from his light clothing, and his eyes are cunning like a cat's. Selling this aura, his words are spoken bluntly, but with vigor.

A distinct foreignness pervades Jugar's features though. High cheek bones and narrow eyes that mark him of a different blood than most of the Corsain rabble. Shuuli features. They've become watered down with time, but remain prominent. Reinforcing this oddity, Jugar also has a habit of speaking with emphasis on strange words, and of himself as if he were another man.

Jugar makes an interesting bar room conversation, but most know not to let him lead them home. A cat's eyes are a predator's eyes.

Character History: Born to a family of dockers, a colloquial term for the city's sickly poor, Jugar has a bit of history with poison. His family were born of an exile from Shuul, from his grandfather's generation, and because of that distinctiveness they had always been poor and had to eat from the poisoned sea. It took a strong body to survive that, but their family had always had that at least. But, as his grandfather grew weak with age, that constant poisoning eventually wore down his body and killed him.

His grandfather, Mali, was a great man once, at least to Jugar, who idolized him. But Corsa had no use for greatness, not of their family's kind. Not with a king that loved order like the Weben kings. He had been exiled for a grand theft, but after nearly losing his mind in the desert wastes, he'd lost the treasure somewhere along the way. He was lucky to arrive in Corsa with his life, but without what had made it all worth it, he was nothing but a foreign vagrant. In the years before his death, Mali spoke to Jugar of his tales, his exploits, and filled the boy's head with pride and vengeance.

And as he grew, Jugar took to the streets of Corsa with the mind to become the next great thief of his line. The next Snake of the Desert, so his grandfather had been called. He was a strong sort thanks to his blood, licked his wounds quick and experienced everything from petty theft to greater felonies before his twenties.

By the day he had first met the prince, Jugar was an accomplished burglar. He'd climbed the twelve towers of Corsa, even the Shattered Spire, and knew the city like the ancients might have. He'd mastered the poisons that had killed his grandfather, had taken in all those old lessons, and had even imbibed the grass of god's sight to fill him with even greater acuity. There was no one better to steal away a prince in that tavern. It was Elbin's lucky day. And, for Jugar, it would be the payout of a lifetime.

Last edited by Vathe; 09-05-2019 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:35 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8222
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
She Who Watches
right-aligned image
Name: Nilima

Ancestry: Human

Heritage: Versatile

Class: Sorcerer

Background: Guard

Appearance: Nilima is a 28-year-old, dark-haired woman with light brown skin and eyes the color of amber. She is 5 feet and 4 inches tall. She has a lithe figure that is usually hidden under simple airy clothes, not unlike what peasants are often seen wearing around Corsa. Her ethnicity is difficult to determine by her looks alone.

Personality: Nilima is a person who tends to blend in. She is unremarkable and unimposing by choice and by necessity. She has been accustomed to observing everyone and everything in any given room that she finds herself in, often taking mental notes that are later jotted down in her journals. Nilima doesn't like being observed herself, for she is a very secretive person. In conversations, she rarely talks about her life.

Character History: For a little over 2 years, Nilima has been working as King Reagol’s eyes and ears when it comes to matters concerning the crown prince. The king had assigned her the unenviable job of following Prince Elbin everywhere he went. The job is a compromise between the king and the prince. The father wants his son protected and steered away from trouble, while the son didn’t want to appear weak by being seen with uniformed spearmen all the time. The soldiers guard him for official matters, like when he’s attending a ball, meeting a foreign dignitary or sleeping in his chambers. For nearly everything else, Nilima is the one who guards the prince. Elbin feel like he gets more freedom this way and Reagol gets a little peace of mind.

On the day of the king's death, Nilima was on duty. The prince had practiced his performance in front of her many times during the past week. He'd be miffed that he wasn't able to perform in front of an actual audience that night, but that is the least of his concern at the moment.

Prior to serving Corsa’s royal family, Nilima has worked over a dozen years as an informant for both the city watch and the thieves’ guild. Prior to that, she was an errand girl for a bakeshop. Nilima had been in Corsa for most of her life. She left once for a quieter life in Thubinrue, and again in Emern, but Corsa called her back each time. She is one of the many orphans that consider the city their parents. Her real parents were killed by a plague that had struck Corsa when she was three years old. She has no memories of them. Not even their names.

Last edited by Osse; 09-05-2019 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Added Writing Sample
Old 09-04-2019, 09:14 AM
Punk Terror

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3659
Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain Maskain
I had something but it got way too... well, the character found a bad end before I finished them. Still, we'll see if I can cook up a fine dish here.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
@Vathe - I'll add your character to the table. Thanks.

@Osse - Good to see you.

@Maskain - I hate when I kill perfectly good characters before I get a chance to use them. Good luck on another go.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4510
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I hate to do I really dothis as I like my concept for Silk and your world Pendragon, but I'm going to withdraw my application. I'm in 7 games and DMing 1 while slowly getting another game ready to DM sometime this month. I thought about dropping out of one of my other games for your's, but they are all excellent games, so I have decided to bite the bullet and let this game pass me by.

I'll still keep popping in to see what's going on and see who gets picked.

"Good Luck Everyone!"

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal

Last edited by Silk; 09-05-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:46 AM
Pesky Goblin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 842
Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe Vathe
I have completed Jugar's application. Fun stuff.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:06 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@Silk - I completely understand. Good luck and enjoy RPGX.

@Everyone - The table is updated. Still plenty of time to get applications up though, 7 days to go.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:02 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
I don't think we are going to be able to make a go of this. With the ugliness that occurred in the middle of the thread and the lack of responses I think it is safe to say the game simply did not garner enough interest to warrant a forum.

I will go back to the drawing board, perhaps in a few weeks, when school settles down for me, I will start working on something else. Maybe something in the Inner Sea using 2e rules. Or maybe something using PF 1e.

Thank you for all the work you all put into this and for taking the time to read the Adraka setting, it means a lot to me to hear people say such nice things about my setting.

Good luck and happy gaming.
-Pendragon