RPXP: 457
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Eadric Collins
right-aligned image

Name: Eadric Collins
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Rogue
Backstory:

Eadric is the youngest son of three from a midrange Waterdhavian Noble House. His elder brother, Jeice, was saddled with the responsibility of being the heir apparent of their home. Their sister, Aerin, also bore the responsibility of marrying into another respected House in order to cement ties through blood.

Being the youngest, Eadric had no special expectations, and grew up a bit spoiled. With no real responsibility, he spent his time in bars and taverns, drinking and laughing it up with many of the young ladies. With time, this resulted in more than a few bar fights with jealous boyfriends or husbands, and he became fairly proficient in both fistfights and duels. As he got older though, he began to take things more seriously, focusing on his training. As an adult, he is second only to his family's Master at Arms. He still has that boyish charm, but he no longer acts like a fool. He works for the betterment of his family and house, trying to ease the burden his elder brother bears.

Recently, some of the family's mining holdings in the border town of Phandalin have been attacked by creatures displaced from the forest by some unknown force. Eadric headed inland to investigate, and see if he could get the mines back on track.
Current Games: Broken Isles

Last edited by Houtoku; 09-01-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:23 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9139
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
right-aligned image

Name: Yian Lichien
Race: Tiefling
Class: Warlock (Fiend)
Back story: Yian spent her youth in a predominantly human village, where she was plagued by relentless bullying and poor health. Her strange appearance, a reflection of demonic heritage, made her an obvious target for the other children; her poor physique, thanks to frequent bouts of illness that left her bedridden, made her an easy one. Her parents only told her, over and over again, to keep her head down and endure it. Eventually, they assured her, the other children would grow tired of picking on her. That didn't seem likely to Yian; the humans seemed to be quite creative in amusing themselves.

It wasn't until Yian was seven that she found any relief from her troubles--a pair of twins, Locke and Verona, who lived nearby. When other children began to torment Yian, the siblings began to stand up for her, often getting into fights on her behalf. Then after a few months of that, they began spending time with her. Yian was suspicious of their motives; these children may not have actively tormented her before, but they had been content to ignore her problems for years, so what had changed? Had they developed consciences? Did they pity her? Maybe they just liked playing hero, and she was a convenient prop in that fantasy. Maybe all their apparent kindness was some kind of trick, to hurt her more later on. Even so, Locke and Verona were all she had, so she clung to her uneasy friendship with them.

When Yian was fourteen, she dreamt that a horned old man who introduced himself as "something like your grandfather" offered her a present, with a label indicating it was from Locke and Verona. She opened the box, but before she could see what was inside, the dream ended. She awoke full of strength and vigor like she'd never experienced; excited, she hurried to show Locke and Verona. When she reached their house, however, she discovered that a strange and sudden illness had overcome them both. They were unconscious, struggling to breath. Yian concluded that this was related to the gift from her dream, that their strength had been stolen from them and gifted to her. Their parents came to the same conclusion, accusing Yian of cursing her children and chasing her away. When she tried to tell her own parents, they immediately began packing up their things; if their daughter was stealing the life force of two human children, however accidentally, they were going to be driven out or worse.

Yian's life was far from ideal, but leaving behind everything that made it good seemed just as bad as losing it entirely. And if that were the case, there was no sense in letting her friends suffer. While her parents discussed where they would go, what roads they would take, how much they could carry with them, Yian attempted to sever her bond to the twins--by severing her own throat. When she passed out, she found herself once again in the company of her "grandfather." He gently chided her on being so careless with her gift. Thankfully, he said, Locke and Verona had died in her place, but they could hardly do that a second time, so Yian would need to be more cautious.

When she came to, Yian was being carried by her father, already a mile or two out of town. The Liechins traveled for another week or two before her parents decided that they were out of the reach of the townsfolks' vengeance. They found another village, found a place to live--a little more cramped and shabby than their home before--and resumed their lives much as they had before. Heads down, enduring whatever came their way. Yian couldn't understand it, and she couldn't bear it. She couldn't pretend it had never happened, especially since she still carried the power that had killed her friends.

Yian convinced herself that the only thing she could do, the only apology she could offer, was to make sure that Locke and Verona had not died in vain. This strength had cost her everything; she was going to use it, she was going to push it to its limits and beyond, she was going to be the strongest in the world and everyone was going to know it. She knew her parents would never approve of such a lifestyle, so she ran away and began traveling the world, looking for a chance to prove herself. For five years, she made a name for herself as a gladiator, but she has begun to realize that a structured sport, even a blood sport, will not earn her the reputation of absolute power she seeks. She has heard of upheaval in the Sword Mountains, near Phandalin. It seems like a better arena for her ambitions.

Last edited by Morathor; 09-01-2019 at 09:34 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 164
thawizkid thawizkid
Who we have so far:

Player PC Name PC Race PC Class - Status
Houtoku ? ? Might Apply?
Rahdiel Mal Wood Elf Druid Applied
Samildinach Sam Human Cleric Applied
Trebel83 ? ? Application in transit
Morathor ? ? Application in transit
Old 09-01-2019, 09:35 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9139
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
My application is complete.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:10 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Player – PC Name – PC Race – PC Class - Status
Houtoku – Eadric – Human – Rogue – WIP
Rhadiel – Mal – Wood Elf – Druid – Complete
Samildinach – Sam – Human – Cleric – Complete
Trebel83 – ? – ? – Application in transit
Morathor – Yian – Tiefling – Warlock – Complete

It looks like we have our 5 players, this recruitment thread is closed to new applicants.

Last edited by thawizkid; 09-01-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 457
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
Should be done, left things fairly open-ended so as not to constrain any of your plans. Let me know if you'd rather it be a bit more fleshed out.

Also as far as character creation, do you have a preferred method? Standard array/27-pt buy, or 4d6/drop lowest?
Current Games: Broken Isles

Last edited by Houtoku; 09-01-2019 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
Should be done, left things fairly open-ended so as not to constrain any of your plans. Let me know if you'd rather it be a bit more fleshed out.

Also as far as character creation, do you have a preferred method? Standard array/27-pt buy, or 4d6/drop lowest?
Thanks for the update. As for character creation, I don't have a preference - however, I always liked the 4d6/drop lowest method. But in that regard, you can pick the way you want.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 696
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Landen
right-aligned image

Name: Landen Conrad
Race: Aasimar
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Appearence: Landen has long golden blonde hair, tanned skin, and sapphire blue eyes. He stands 6 feet tall and has a slim but muscular frame.
Back story:
Although he tries to keep a low profile, it is difficult. Between the unclear images that Seraphina, his Angellic patron, delivers through his dreams and his own unrelenting desire to destroy evil, Landen can never seem to stay in one place for very long.

For the past few years, he has been sailing with a merchant vessel, The Tide's Breath. Captain Vandran was happy to make use of his healing capabilities and grateful to have him on board the few times that pirates attempted to intercept the ship. However, about a month ago, Seraphina began invading his dreams again with her cryptic images. This time, Landen saw Orcs twisted by dark magic, a ravenous boar and a white dragon.

After the first few nights of this, Landen went to the dock of the ship and quietly spoke aloud. "I'm sorry Seraphina but I don't understand. Where are these dangers!?" After a few moments of quiet meditation, the answer came as a whisper in his mind. "My child, be patient and trust in me. I led you to this ship to show you that not all who are good are alike. You will have to work with many that are not pure of heart but remember that your only enemy is true evil. I have ensured that your Captain will guide his ship to the port of Waterdeep. From there, find your way to Icespire Peak. I see four others that will join you. I can not say too much more without interfering with your plane. Be patient, I am with you always."

A chill ran down his spine. He had only heard Seraphina's voice a handful of times in his life and those had all been when he was alone inside a temple. Although the Angel's voice was the same cool and collected as always, he knew that this must be serious. Even more alarming than where she contacted him, was that she implied that she had intervened with his ships course. He knew that that level of interference from the Celestial Plane was never permitted...

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Treble83; 09-02-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Here it is, the new game forum: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18155

Please start putting together your character sheets and introduce yourselves in the OOC thread.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:48 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Cheshire Cheshire
Application
Name: Cain
Race: Human
Class: Paladin (oath of conquest if allowed, I have ideas for other oaths if not allowed)
Background Solider
Backstory: Cain used to be part of the cities army, but his tactics were seen as to "aggressive." After being reprimanded one to many times for how he chose to interrogate prisoners. He now prefers to be around those who see his way of doing things as a more positive thing. He has two rules...1) no harming women or children, and 2) Always leave one alive to tell the others of what they saw; that is of course as long as they are humanoid. When Cain fights, he uses a longsword. He carries a second sword, but only draws when faced with a more formidable foe.

Last edited by Cheshire; 09-08-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:40 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Are you still taking applications?