RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6277
asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8 asura8
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
Humm... I think you have to be a bit 'touched' to actually see and do what our Agents do!!
Precisely what I was thinking. Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin! I was thinking more along the lines of Mulder/Lone Gunmen level of sanity at times. Mulder is happy to go chasing after so many crazy conspiracies at the drop of the hat, without necessarily a healthy and sane dose of skepticism at points. He could hardly be classified as fully sane in many respects.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Can't wait to start!

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!
Old 04-26-2015, 09:25 AM
Grumpy Old Wrym

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2375
Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays
left-aligned image
Name: Oksana
High Concept: Mystical Urban Explorer
Trouble: Will risk it all for a Peak Experience
FX Aspect: Last resort: Telekinesis

BackgroundAddicted to the euphoria of rediscovering places both forgotten and forbidden, Oksana spent much of her childhood and early twenties planning for and then conducting elaborate exploratory missions. Medical school started as an excuse to put off adult responsibilities became a means of funding her ‘hobby’ as it became more consuming and her partners got married, had kids, or got arrested after bragging too much online.

She needed to broke away from the Urbex community and become more self-sufficient: learning to shoot for protection, and developing an inexplicable knack for - when the situation demanded it - being able to manipulate objects and her own trajectory with her thoughts. Her missions became meticulously thought-out to take advantage of whatever gaps she could find in her work-load.

With some resources saved up, she’s ready to make a career out of exploring old places in new ways.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:15 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar

Old 04-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10587
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
I always see game ads too late. *sigh*
Old 04-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Technically you still have time.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:15 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8498
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Apps open til 1 May
Old 04-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10587
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
That ok.....you have great choices for the open spot. I will....bide my time *muahahahaha*
Old 04-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCivilMike View Post
That ok.....you have great choices for the open spot. I will....bide my time *muahahahaha*
Cool beans buddy... good to see you again!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
I may swing back around to my application to try infusing a little more character to parts of it before the deadline. I feel like I should be able to get more of the character itself into two paragraphs rather than as much force-fed background.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:51 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Your app is looking good Asura You have good chance of getting in, they really need a computer person. I hope the DM will take two characters lol

Old 04-27-2015, 03:10 PM
Grumpy Old Wrym

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2375
Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays Ssays
I hope the decision isn't made based on one skill. Most of us could swap computers in for something not core to the rest of the character. For instance, Oksana could easily have studied computers instead of medical science, just not instead of urbex.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:55 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssays View Post
I hope the decision isn't made based on one skill. Most of us could swap computers in for something not core to the rest of the character. For instance, Oksana could easily have studied computers instead of medical science, just not instead of urbex.
@all: Agreed, looking very good. I have to say you have all seemed to get the more 'fatey' part of character creation... its about story first! and I see a lot of VERY cool story in the apps we have so far.

@Ssays: You're correct... we only are looking at skills to get a sense of character. We fully expect the new people to develop and tweak skills and stunts for party synergy the first scene or two. The other aspects (other than the High Aspect and Trouble, and first story aspect) are technically open for rewrite as well during the first several scenes!

Bottom line on this is we really want your characters to be memorable - full of awesome - right out of the box. There is a balance of course, if a character turns out to be TOO much of a distraction to the goals-mission of the team, they could very well find themselves shipped of to a listen post in Teller, Alaska. I've been there, Believe me when I say, you don't to go there!

I hope that helps some... Savy

Last edited by savoylen; 04-27-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Destroyer of Feels

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed! Tech just happened to work nicely for the concept. Huzzah for that!

I did a rewrite of the backstory that I hope allows a little more flavor of the character to sink through rather than feeling like a dull biography, on the off-chance somebody wants to give some feedback upon it.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I put my background public so that the other players can read.