RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3243
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
Lost Mine of Phandelver

Application window is OPEN

Players
Player Character Race Class Status
RadarD Haikune Human Barbarian (Storm Herald) Playing
Drachenspirit Verus Calishorn Human Ranger (Gloom stalker) Playing
Stonk Granarc Healhands Human Cleric (Life domain) currently on break

Application Deadline: Open until filled

Last edited by Zinrokh; 08-31-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 419
Nai Nai Nai Nai Nai
I would like to post interest for my character Malaki, he would like to explore the caves.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=71798
Name: Malaki
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

The lands of Sembia or of the towns just north is where you can find Malaki. He is from here or as close to here as you can get. He has been here for the past four or five years. Malaki decided to stop adventure for a few years and try another profession. He likes to trade. Malaki has been spending his time at the local market. He wants to learn more about weapons, and armor. He would like to own his own shop and be a respectable member of town or city. Malaki has a goal that one day he will be independent, that is important to him. He will have a nice house and a few extra gold. When he was growing up as a boy, they didn't have a lot of extra gold. Malaki was told, you should learn to trade or earn extra gold by adventure. Malaki decided that was a good idea and set out to make his own name in fortune and adventure. One day he hopes to make it to Neverwinter.

Role play sample:
It's just another day thought Malaki, one filled with treasure and adventure. The report of the Lost Mines made it in today. Something about help needed in working the mines.
Malaki wonders if the rewards are worth the risk in this adventure. It seems there's bands of goblins and some conspiracy to keep the mine secret. An adventure is what I need right now, says Malaki. He would like to explore the Wave Echo Cave and seek the treasure that might be in the mines. Obviously, there is something there worthy of the pact. So this Lost Mine intends to be open and they need the help to keep it that way, maybe I should put in reply.

*Image on Char Sheet.*
Please consider for my Application!!

Last edited by Nai; 09-19-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:21 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap
Hello! I'm a new player, though I've been lurking here on RPGX for about a week now before making the big leap to really cut my teeth.

I'd like to express interest in playing. Though I have the 5th Edition core book, I've never actually had the opportunity to play it personally, as my LFGS (and by extension my local group) has been out of business for the last year now, right when I finally drummed up the materials. I'm really looking for an opportunity to get my feet wet in the Play-by-Post community here, and am exceptionally eager to have an opportunity to get into a 5th Edition game if you'll entertain the thought
Old 09-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3670
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Posting interest. I'll probably throw up a half orc warlock tomorrow some time.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:21 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
@CinnamonSnapNew players are more than welcome. Lost Mine of Phandelver is the starter set adventure and should be perfectly suited to someone with little or no experience with the 5e system.

Looking forward to your application.

I'd also suggest you try a Solo game if you're interested in learning the system with an experienced DM.

Last edited by Zinrokh; 09-17-2017 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1086
Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania
Also posting interest, I've never played the LMoP and have seen it popping up a lot recently in advertisements, so I'd love to give it a shot!

I likely won't have a chance to fully flesh out a character until later this week, so I'll wait a little and see what other people decide to apply with before I decide on a role. I tend to play primarily tanky characters and clerics, most often Dwarves, so I'll likely go with something different. Probably leaning toward a rogue, but let's wait and see.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:33 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I noticed that it says "Setting Appropriate" as far as naming conventions. Is there a particular setting the adventure is set in, or is that mostly just to make sure we aren't calling ourselves things like "Rip McFizzlebeef" and the like?

As an aside, looking real hard at a Half-Elf Paladin.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar Jeffkevlar
Name: Berl, son of Karrick

Race: Half Orc

Class: Warlock

Alignment:Lawful Neutral

Image:

Back story:

“RP sample:”

The image isn't quite what he looks like but it's a decent placeholder for now. I'll likely draw something up myself later.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
@CinnamonSnap
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSnap View Post
I noticed that it says "Setting Appropriate" as far as naming conventions. Is there a particular setting the adventure is set in, or is that mostly just to make sure we aren't calling ourselves things like "Rip McFizzlebeef" and the like?
Yeah, by setting appropriate I simply meant nothing ridiculous for example "McCritfaceQT" would not be appropriate. Generally the D&D community is RP based and I've never seen it come up as an issue but thought I'd mention it.

The setting will be Forgotten Realms which might give people some inspiration but isn't really too confining.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:26 AM
Space Goblin Number One

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, I'm going to have to pull my application. I'll keep an eye out for your games in he future. Cheers,
Jeffry
Old 09-18-2017, 07:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Drakk Verkoom
Basic InformationName: Drakk Verkoom
Race: Human (Variant - Martial Adept)
Class: Monk (5)
Background: Custom - Thorn of the Rose*

Personality Traits: I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others / Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideals: Respect - Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity. (Good) / No Limits - Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence. (Chaotic)
Bonds: I work my hardest to provide more members to my clan / I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaws: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink and smokes / Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

Images

Background

RP Sample

I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Last edited by Kaneda Shepard; 09-19-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 927
SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad SaberDad
I am a new player and I am currently going through a solo adventure. I would like join a campaign with other PCs.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Talgatha
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good (mildly chaotic)
Physical Description: Young and athletic built elf of 5’6” and 140 lbs. His arms are muscular and look strong. His hair is dark brown, skin in the copper tone and eyes are green. His clothing suggests him from a noble family, but his style of grooming and body language fits more of the rustic background.
Background: Noble

Last edited by SaberDad; 02-22-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:05 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1416
Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die
The second Play-by-post game I ever played in, and my first D&D 5e game, was Lost Mine of Phandelver, but we only made it past the first couple encounters before the DM went AWOL. I still don't know what happens next...

I rolled up a Halfling Bard for that game; I'll hunt around and see if I can find my old notes...and it'll give me an opportunity to see how much my character creation skills have grown since I've been hanging around here.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:34 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Character Information
left-aligned image
Name: Almes, Heartwarden of Sune
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Paladin (Oath of the Ancients)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Backstory:

Roleplaying Sample:

Last edited by CinnamonSnap; 09-19-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3934
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
I am a new player interested in joining this game, I would be most interested in playing a cleric but I would be flexible for party balance. Let me know if you have room for me and I will roll one up. Do you allow variant humans?