RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
Application
right-aligned image
  • Name: Hanse [aka Mouse]
  • Race: Human Variant
  • Class: Rogue
  • Back story:

• RP sample:

Last edited by Landsknechts; 09-29-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:58 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3243
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
Will be closing submission window in the next 24 hours.

Still a little time left for those who's applications are unfinished.

I'll be reviewing all submissions and contacting those selected soon afterwards.

Last edited by Zinrokh; 09-30-2017 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:26 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap CinnamonSnap
Lots of killer applications up there. Good luck everyone! 😃
Old 09-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Good luck!
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1477
RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD RadarD
Excited to see who is selected. Been fun reading the stories.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:27 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1606
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Last minute entry!

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Einar
Race: Human - Var.
Class: Fighter

APP COMPLETE!

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess

Last edited by Andor; 09-30-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:17 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1416
Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die Eleven Sided Die
I've finally managed to finish the app for Garen - hopefully I made it in under the wire...
Old 09-30-2017, 05:20 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh

Thank you to all those who took the time to apply.

There were many great applications unfortunately as a new DM I am only looking to run a single group and I couldn't take you all.

I have selected a party of 5 based on your applications.

I have tried to balance the party by selecting a variety of classes, roles, player experience levels, styles of characters, etc.

The party will include

Player Character Race Class
CinnamonSnap Almes Half-Elf Paladin
Eleven Sided Die Garen Halfling Bard
Stonk Granarc Human Cleric
SiroVai Quintus Human Sorcerer
RadarD Haikune Human Barbarian

To all those not selected and still interested in delving the Lost Mines of Phandelver please visit chocoladevla's Lost Mine waiting list and add your application to be placed in a party.

Choco runs multiple games of this campaign and will likely be able to place you with an existing party or form a new party with enough applicants.

Please be aware that Choco has different limitations on character creation so you should read his application requirements in his original post.

Also those new to the site please consider signing up for a solo game. I did when I first joined, not only was it a lot of fun it was a good introduction to the site and PbP style gaming.

Happy Gaming

Last edited by Zinrokh; 09-30-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1086
Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania Gazmania
Congratulations to everyone that was chosen, I hope you enjoy the game!

I like whatever you have done to the character portraits Zinrokh, you've got a formidable looking group to play with.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:40 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
Recruiting
Applications are now reopened.

We are 8 months in, heading for the tail end of chapter 2 (roughly 25% through the story) and are looking for one or two players to fill in for a couple of characters that we have lost along the way.

Currently we have a team consisting of a Human Barbarian, Human Sorcerer and a Human Paladin.

The team is currently in the township of Phadalin. A town menaced by a local gang of ruffians known as the Redbrands and their leader the mysterious Glasstaff.

The brave band of adventurers are also seeking their former employer a dwarven prospector said to have rediscover the lost mine of Phandelver currently in the foul clutches of the Goblin King Grol.

Not to mention the side quests to drive out an Orc encampment threatening the trade road and investigate the mysterious stranger delving into the now undead plagued ancient ruins of an ancient arcane empire.

Please feel free to visit our threads and see how things have gone so far.

There is no set dead line and we will close applications once the position have been fill. Choosing from the pool of applications in a week or two.

Please check the original advert for all pertinent information.

In addition. Any character joining will be joining the party at Phandalin. Please consider how or why you ended up here. The party is interested in rousing the town against those that threaten it. You could be local, a prospector from else where or an adventurer of any sort looking for employment or excitement. All forgotten realm factions are represented locally if you wish to be a member of one.

Thank you and good luck and of course...

Blessing of the drowned god upon you.

Last edited by Zinrokh; 05-29-2018 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
Began772003 Began772003
Ry'Ven

Name: Ry'Ven
Race: Half-Elf (Drow)
Class: Warlock (The Fiend)
Alignment: C.G.
Personality Trait: I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms. I made a deal with the devil to get out of the Underdark. I have to work extra hard to do the right thing and keep the demon's will at bay.
Ideals: The truth shall set you free. Truth is more important than sparing feelings.
Bonds: I escaped my life of poverty and abuse by striking a bargain with monster. I HATE spiders.
Flaws: I crave a sense of belonging, but am slow to trust. I will sometimes act recklessly in hopes of gaining acceptance.
Despite my belief in the truth, I hide a terrible secret. The guilt is often hard to bear, so I have a tendency to abuse mind altering substances.
Background:

Role Playing Sample:

Character Sheet

Last edited by Began772003; 05-29-2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: working on pic and add sheet
Old 05-30-2018, 12:25 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Ranger Verus
left-aligned image
https://image.ibb.co/ksF3nd/Rgr.jpg
Name: Verus Calishorn
Race: Human, Variant
Class: Ranger

Backstory: Verus hails from the small town of Lachom. It is a small agricultural community nestled in the valley between the Deepwing Mountains to the north and the Cloven Mountains to the south. The community is peaceful and tries to stay out of the political affairs of the rest of the Reach. Growing up a farmer and merchant, just didn't suit Verus. To keep him from getting into any more trouble, his parents were happy when they found something that suited him.
From a young age, he apprenticed with an old Ranger who sometimes came into town, but lived up in the mountains to the north.
He took his first guide mission a the young age of 16 for Dwarves looking for a mine.
He then took up with Merchant Caravans that would pass through the wilds and needed a guide. He bounced from job to job, eventually ending up in Murann, then futher north, then even further north to Neverwinter. This was his last stop until he ended up where he is now.

Personality: He's got the wanderlust, and he's got it bad. It is what drives him
Ideal: Change is the constant in life. If you don't embrace it, you'll fade away.
Bond: He's the last male in his family name, and knows he has to make his mark on the Realm so Calishorn will be remembered.
:Flaw: If life is to be lived to its fullest, there's no room for caution.

RP sample: He stood to the side of the branch in the road that led south, and watched the few wagons go by. He was afoot, having chosen not to get a horse, but instead ride on a wagon when he wasn't watching. He found it a better thing when moving with a caravan. First, he could stand atop the cargo and look all around, and second, he could scout ahead, to the sides, and sometimes to the rear a lot quieter on foot, than he could on a shod horse. Were there no wagons, he may have gotten a mount, but this was better. And, he only had to feed himself.

He watched the last wagon go by, it too laden down with mining gear and equipment. He had forgotten the place where they were to offload, but it didn't really matter. Once he got them to the town, his job would be over. He'd wouldn't get paid, as he had taken the job in trade for full meals all the way and a full free cleaning and going over of his gear in Neverwinter. They'd thought him crazy a bit, but he had full supplies, clean gear, sharpened weapons and all his coin to see if there was an unmarked trail heading east.

He'd come the long way to the Sword Coast, and a long, long way from the area of the Vilhon Reach. But, he didn't frown upon the decisions he had made one bit.

He took a swig from his waterskin, thinking it shouldn't be much longer now to the town, couple of hours at most. He was watching the last wagon get further ahead down the road. He looked left, or east rather, down the road that continued on, and then to his right, or back west they way they had just came from. Satisfied they weren't really paying any attention to him, *See Spoiler at bottom for view of Maphe pulled the map out of the map and scroll case next to his pack and gave it a look over once more. There were markings on it that weren't cities or settlements, and the shady looking character he had bought it off of back in Murann had told him it would be best not to mention them to... official folk. So he hadn't.
He put the map away and then drew his sword, looking at it's shiny surface like a mirror. "Yep", he thought. "That's not going anywhere."

He was referring to the line across his face, the light line that would be a blemish more than a scar. It had almost healed too. He thought of his Uncle Zekiah, though not really his uncle, but a merchant friend of his father's. When he announced he was going to scout for a Merchant Caravan heading west, Uncle Zekiah had simply said, "What? Are you some kind of badass? You don't look like it. Look more like a player in a Bard's tale."

Taking one last look in the reflection of his blade he simply said, "Who's the badass now Uncle Z?"

What made him feel content though, was not so much the scar, but how he got it; more to the point what had given it to him. In the end, it was his instincts that had saved him. It was a long story, but the short of it was he'd gotten it from a **Troglodyte ambush. It would have been worse, but he'd stopped the caravan just in time, though not in time for him to not take a claw to the face from the first one hiding behind and practically embedded into a large rock.
he wouldn't make that mistake again. He'd trust his skills and instincts, and the scar would be a reminder of how doing so had saved his life. Well, that and the blade in one hand and the mace in the other.

He sheathed his blade and briskly walked to catch up to the last wagon, jumping on the back and half walking and sliding to the front until he plopped himself down beside the Drover. "First round's on you, right Drover?"
The man jumped at Verus' sudden appearance, and then brushed it off with grumbling.

Verus smiled and stood atop the bench to look around. "Not long now... no sir, Mr. Drover, not long now."

Character Sheet

Rolled for Coin = 150

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-30-2018 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:33 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I think my app is done. Critiques, questions, comments, and praises are all welcome. No applause, just throw XP.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 05-31-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you
Thanks you to those that applied here and through PMs.

The window is now closed.

I contact the successful applicant with details on joining the game.

Happy Gaming

Last edited by Zinrokh; 06-01-2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:12 AM
Kraken Priest

Tools
User Statistics
Recruiting
Applications are now reopened.

We are 16 months in, just wrapped up chapter 2 (roughly at the halfway point of the story) and are looking for a fresh recruit to jump in at Level 3.

Currently we have a team consisting of a Human Barbarian, Human Cleric and a Human Ranger.

The team have survived a goblin ambush, tracked them back to their cave which they cleansed and saved their hostage before arriving at the town.

The team is currently in the township of Phadalin where the adventure unfolds.

They have successfully defeated the Redbrands a vicious gang that had menced the town and slain their leader Glasstaff who had the desire to make himself tyrant of the mining community.

The brave band of adventurers continue to seek their former employer a dwarven prospector said to have rediscover the Lost mine of Phandelver currently in the foul clutches of the Goblin King Grol.

Not to mention the offers to drive out an Orc encampment threatening the trade road and investigate the mysterious stranger delving into the now undead plagued ancient ruins of an ancient arcane empire.

Please feel free to visit our threads and see how things have gone so far.

There is no set dead line and we will close applications once the position have been filled by a suitable character.

Please check the original advert for all pertinent information.

In addition. Any character joining will be joining the party at Phandalin.
You could be local, a prospector from elsewhere or an adventurer of any sort looking for employment or excitement. All forgotten realm factions are represented locally if you wish to be a member of one. I will work with anyone with a decent concept to ease you in.

The team tends towards a good/heroic alignment, all current characters are human as are the vast majority of NPCs, though there are dwarves and a half-elf locally. There is a strong preference for a spell caster.

Thank you and good luck and of course...

Blessing of the drowned god upon you.