RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 04:54 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Paean Paean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post

Changeling is fine its part of 3.5 content. Enjoy!

BTW what class were you planning on playing?
I'm thinking a Gish type more focused on weapons than spells. I'm actually interested in the Green Star Adept Prestige Class (I know, it has a bad rap) but I always wanted to try it. Right now the build is something 1-4 (or 5-6), Green Star Adept 10, Abjurant Champion 4-5.

It's the entry I'm debating right now. Duskblade is basically made for it but then there is the Stalwart Battle Sorcerer, possibly Battlemage, Beguiler maybe, etc.

Last edited by Paean; 10-25-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:04 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3648
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@Paean:

Just as a third person, considering the higher levels we're reaching, I've been trying to plan for long-term potency. For what AMOUNTS to a 1-6 lvl dip, I personally love Warmage if I'm doing arcane casting, since it essentially unlocks my entire spell list for spontaneous casting without preparation or limitation, plus the ability to wear armors. The extra few benefits you'd get at your levels would be more minor but still nice.

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
Old 10-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10404
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Shakram - A high level game like this always draws great interest and your admission of Pathfinder and 3rd party materials with your approval makes things more tempting.

That said, more often than not games of this scale often overwhelm a new DM and quickly die after everyone has put in a lot of time and effort into their characters.

Seeing as you are fairly new to RPGCrossing, can you give us some background information about yourself?

How long have you been gaming?
How long have your played D&D?
Have you ever gamed or DM'ed in real life?
Will there be adventure material pulled from real sources or will it be entirely homebrew?
Ect... ect.....

Just want to get a better idea of you as the head DM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:50 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
@DM; @Eviltedzies

First, to the DM:

There isn't a rule against using spiked shields in each had as weapons, right? I know I don't get the AC while fighting, but there are a set of magical enchantments I'm wanting to use with Wild Shape that could benefit from this bit of hilarity. Besides, I like the idea of running around bashing people to death with a shield in each hand :P.

Second, to Eviltedzies:

Just as a side note, worst case scenario we could set up a "line of succession" for the DM. I'd participate in that if need be, and we have other experienced players interested that might be willing to create a "team" of DMs.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:52 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Paean Paean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
@Paean:

Just as a third person, considering the higher levels we're reaching, I've been trying to plan for long-term potency. For what AMOUNTS to a 1-6 lvl dip, I personally love Warmage if I'm doing arcane casting, since it essentially unlocks my entire spell list for spontaneous casting without preparation or limitation, plus the ability to wear armors. The extra few benefits you'd get at your levels would be more minor but still nice.
Very appreciated Alphaeus! The unlocked spell list for spontaneous casting of the Warmage is what got my attention.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Paladin in Training

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
Fingmaniac Fingmaniac
Ok, SO a Paladin is fearless and here I am seeing people wanting to be Damned Clerics and Liches, this has got to be like the DND equivalent of Suicide Squad. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 10-25-2017, 09:29 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
^^
SO TRUE lmao.

@Shakram:

There is an item I'd like to adjust.

Quote:
Wild Shape Amulet [40,000 GP, Throat] (MaF, 167)
What this does is increase your effective Druid level by four just for purposes Wild Shape (fairly obvious). What I would like to do is create a similar item for Animal Companion. The result would be:

"Headband of the Animal Companion [40,000 GP, Head]"

This would increase effective druid level by four for Animal Companion.

Would this be allowed?

Old 10-25-2017, 10:38 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Paean Paean
Just the very basics so far: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=72416

Although i liked the Warmage I was really trying to avoid spellcasting and discovered that Green Star Adept works perfectly with Warlock. It might be a lousy prestige class for a caster but the Improved Caster Level every level advances the Eldritch Blast and Invocations of a Warlock. So she has the Eldritch Blast and invocations of a 13th level Warlock.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingmaniac View Post
Ok, SO a Paladin is fearless and here I am seeing people wanting to be Damned Clerics and Liches, this has got to be like the DND equivalent of Suicide Squad. Anyone else seeing this?
Damn the Liches! Full faith ahead!

This certainly appears to have the potential to be a truly motley crew, don't it. Liche, Saint, Army of Darkness and associated flavors of cheese abound...but like the GM said: play what tickles your fancy. I've seen some truly hilarious (not to mention astoundingly powerful) paladin builds in my time. I'm trying a monster just to be different and I find them so much more interesting than Feat/Class optimization characters! Have fun with this and be creative....

@GM: just FYI - trying not to optimize the template-y goodness too much and end up with all-powerful stench of rancid cheese on my monster...trying to keep things that fit into the overall background and concept.

Last edited by btccg; 10-26-2017 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 413
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post
Shakram - A high level game like this always draws great interest and your admission of Pathfinder and 3rd party materials with your approval makes things more tempting.

That said, more often than not games of this scale often overwhelm a new DM and quickly die after everyone has put in a lot of time and effort into their characters.

Seeing as you are fairly new to RPGCrossing, can you give us some background information about yourself?

How long have you been gaming?
How long have your played D&D?
Have you ever gamed or DM'ed in real life?
Will there be adventure material pulled from real sources or will it be entirely homebrew?
Ect... ect.....

Just want to get a better idea of you as the head DM.
I have played and DMed for years using D&D 3.5 mostly play by post.
Material will be up to me and the other DMs I will be making a homebrew campaign. However I may draw from a variety of 3.5 materials in the future.
I plan to keep this game going for years, done it before and will be doing it again.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
@DM; @Eviltedzies

First, to the DM:

There isn't a rule against using spiked shields in each had as weapons, right? I know I don't get the AC while fighting, but there are a set of magical enchantments I'm wanting to use with Wild Shape that could benefit from this bit of hilarity. Besides, I like the idea of running around bashing people to death with a shield in each hand :P.

Second, to Eviltedzies:

Just as a side note, worst case scenario we could set up a "line of succession" for the DM. I'd participate in that if need be, and we have other experienced players interested that might be willing to create a "team" of DMs.
You can dual wield shields till the cows come home! But the shield mod doesnt stack, you also still take off hand attack penalties when attacking with both hands.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
How do templates and +LA races work here?

Assuming +2 LA, we only get 13 class levels right?

If we do LA buyoff, we spend 15,000 XP to buy off the +2 LA, are we level 12 with 15,000 XP from level 13?
Hi sorry DM, got a question for you here!
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Could we know the timeline of this setting?
Is this after Spellplague or before?

What is the deity composition in FR on your game?
Does Mystra still exist or has she died?
Old 10-26-2017, 12:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
Hi sorry DM, got a question for you here!
Savage Progressions

Reducing Level Adjustments

Old 10-26-2017, 12:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xildur View Post
Could we know the timeline of this setting?
Is this after Spellplague or before?

What is the deity composition in FR on your game?
Does Mystra still exist or has she died?
This setting should be considered an alternate timeline, it may change to fit properly into character backgrounds.
All of those events never happened and Mystra is still alive and kicking.