User Statistics
RPXP: 412
Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean
Old 07-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22259
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hello Egeslean -

Welcome to the fun!

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2555
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Are Ninjas out of bounds?
Old 07-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@JREID

Since your questions are relevant for everybody I will answer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReid
Hello Moonzar, I'm still in the brainstorming faze of character dev but I think that I will go with a martial class--leaning torwards paladin (but we'll see, how do you feel about LG characters?). The religious parallels of Athenya, between the Goddess of War and Eryka are really compelling for me. How does that exactly work out? Is Petrenia the only city that worships Xydanyel, and with Dogma holding to no gods, where is Eryka's stronghold in this country? Is there ever infighting in the countryside over religion? Do noble houses fight with each other over land? Also, can you tell me about Kalvalas, and the kind of people living there?
About Patrenia and Athenya religions

Xydanyl is Lawful Evil
Eryka is Lawful Good
And you have the Atheism

Those three factions don't always work well together in Patrenia. Xydanyl is more Tyrant like while Eryka is more community style and the others don't want to have anything to do with the gods. They fight often, but when it comes to defending the city of Patrenia they work hand in hand in a very powerful force. It's an interesting dynamic. Queen Elza is a very tough gal to keep all those people in line, so that they don't destroy the city in their religious conflicts.

Eryka has a large presence in Patrenia, but Xydanyl is stronger. In a simplified picture, 30% are Eryka followers, 45% are Xydanyl, 25% are Atheism in Patrenia, many people workship both goddesses too. In Athenya countryside and the city of Dogma most people are Atheism.

I have no problem with LG character, there's usually one or two in my campaigns.

Yes the noble houses fight in the empire until their king stop them, kings fight too sometime until the Empress stop them. Whatever the reason, sometimes it's about religion, but more often for lands, riches or occasionally for a stupid reason like you son touch my daughter and I'm going to torch your place. Now there's no Empress in control, so there's a lot of chaos and uncertainty ahead.

Kalvalas is not part of the empire, they are the equivalent of wood elves, that live in small communities in trees. They have dark skin and are CG, they are lead by a Monarchy Theocracy following the goddess of night and dreams called Alashra.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotha View Post
Are Ninjas out of bounds?
No ninja sorry, this is not an oriental campaign. There is plenty of roguish like characters possible with rogue, slayer, ranger and others.

Thanks,

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5300
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Eryka has a large presence in Patrenia, but Xydanyl is stronger. In a simplified picture, 30% are Eryka followers, 45% are Xydanyl, 25% are Atheism in Patrenia, many people workship both goddesses too. In Athenya countryside and the city of Dogma most people are Atheism.
The god of war being heavily worshiped I can understand, but there is a shocking low percentage of people praying for deliverance from Clsya. Twenty five percent atheism sounds quite a bit high in a universe where the gods have magical presence in the world via clerics.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
The god of war being heavily worshiped I can understand, but there is a shocking low percentage of people praying for deliverance from Clsya. Twenty five percent atheism sounds quite a bit high in a universe where the gods have magical presence in the world via clerics.
Hi Vaerdis -

Out of context, I understand your thought. There's a story behind this that happened in a tabletop campaign. Actually, most of what is published about my world was created by past PCs.

Athenya used to be a cursed land by war, famine and a lot of problems. The founder of Dogma, educated the people that the gods are actually only powerful mortal and that humanity should believe in their own strength within and their own potential. A man with a sword and will can do anything.

He created his own order of cavalier, called the Knight of Humanity, who developed all kind of ability using inner strength (ki). Monks order with an emphasis on ki and inner strength started to develop fast there. So they were able to defend themselves pretty well at that point.

The place was growing and some war started with regional clergy that existed in minority there and there and the Knight of Humanity was able to clean up the little gods presence in Athenya. Everything was good for them they also developed their own inner power to heal themself without gods power.

However, unfortunately for them, an Empress came up and kick their ass and took over the place. It was Empress Eleanore, she is Empress Helena grand-mother. There's still a big part of the country that is Atheist today.

Cheers,

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 467
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
That doesn't sound much like atheism. Atheists believe that no gods exist. Refusing to worship gods isn't the same thing.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:23 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
That doesn't sound much like atheism. Atheists believe that no gods exist. Refusing to worship gods isn't the same thing.
Think of it as denying their worthiness of worship.

They may be powerful, but they kind of made a mess of things, so why call them god?
Old 07-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Alright, you caught me on glossary here maybe. But now that I explained the story. I'm sure you guys get it what they are. I'm french.

They see gods as powerful mortal basically and refuse to worship them. They don't recognize them as divine in any way anymore.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-10-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2555
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
No ninja sorry, this is not an oriental campaign. There is plenty of roguish like characters possible with rogue, slayer, ranger and others.

Thanks,
Cool figured couldn't hurt to ask. Im thinking of an infiltrator type character kind of placed amongst Cornayas major generals or supporters.