RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1037
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
Posting interest. Can't pass up an Exandria game.

Oath Taker
Old 09-11-2018, 02:16 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Adon Blackwing:
right-aligned image
Name: Str 10 | Dex 16 | Con 12 | Int 14 | Wis 13 | Cha 16 |Adon Blackwing
Race: Human
Class: Oath of DevotionPaladin of Erathis
Alignment: Lawful Good
Background: Personality trait:
-Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
Ideal:
-It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine. (Lawful)
Bond:
-I am in love with the heir of a family that my family despises.
Flaw:
-I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.
Noble

Personality: Adon is noble, self-sacrificing and driven by a passion for law and order. He is friendly but business-like with everyone, including his family, keeping himself at arms-length as if close scrutiny might reveal some hidden secret borne within his handsome face.

Looks: Adon stands at six feet and six inches with an athletic build that lends him great speed and decent strength. Years of practice with a blade have given him honed, lithe muscles that have barely diminished with age. For a man of thirty six, he is quite fit and capable of being a formidable foe in combat. He has a sculpted face with a neatly trimmed goatee and mustache and his black hair is equally taken care of with a little graying above the ears. His dark brown eyes are focused and hard, warding off evil spirits as well as closer scrutiny. He wears studded leather armor, a long black cloak and at his side is a well-polished rapier that sees just as much care as use.

Backstory: Adon's life, from the beginning, was bound to come with great destiny. He was born the heir of the Blackwing family of Emon and with that comes great responsibility. He was brought up from early childhood under the tutelage of greatness. Everyone of his instructors and professors were masters of their art. He was taught history, literature and diplomacy by Gustav Clanndis from the Cobalt Reserve in his early years and by the time he was able to handle a weapon, his instructor was a member of the Slayer's Take, Pendris Falcor, from Vasselheim, a renowned duelist. By the time Adon was nearly an adult, he was an intelligent young man who had a talent for the blade.

In his teenage years, being a boy about the city, found eyes for a young woman of noble birth, Elise Whitehand. He fought and won many duels in competition for her and to impress her. Although, when his parents found out who Adon favored, they forbade him from ever seeing her, but for some reason, that made Adon long for her even more. Many a night, Adon would deceive the House staff in order to leave the manor and meet with his lady fair, also having to steal her away from her own family home in order for them to revel in one another's company. The last time they met, as was bound to happen, Lady Elise was fraught with terrible feelings and thoughts. She revealed to Adon that her father had arranged her marriage to a hideous baron outside of Emon and that they would never be able to see one another ever again. In an attempt to console her, they both gave into their most base selves and in that one night, their forbidden tryst bore them a child. Luckily, she was able to hide the fact she was with child until she was married to the baron. She convinced her family and her new husband that the consummation of their marriage night had born such a powerful influence that the child was growing faster and stronger than a normal child. Through extension of this ruse, she begged that she would be able to remain with her family in Emon until the birth of the child due to possible difficulties. After the first month after the child's birth, Elise was able to orchestrate and outing to the Hall of Justice in order to let the child's true father gaze upon him, even from a distance. Adon was overjoyed and yet depressed at the prospect of knowing he had a child and never being allowed to claim it. From that moment forward and until after Lady Elise and her husband left Emon, he had to block out the knowledge and the pain his heart.

Lord Agustus Blackwing, Adon's father used his connections with the Master of Law, Arbiter Brom Goldhand to find his son employ as a bailiff of the court and Adon took to it vigorously, seeing that justice was the highest order and to be held in highest esteem. Seeing justice carried out became the boy's high, his adrenaline pumped when criminals were sentenced rightfully. There was nothing more pure than the right of law and at such a young age, he was blinded from seeing the cracks in the system by his own naivety.

It wasn't until the adventuring group Vox Machina was charged with treason and locked out of the Cloudtop district under the accusation of them undermining Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei II that Adon saw the corruption. Adon began to doubt the system, he had heard tell of Vox Machina and their exploits, despite their occasional slip-ups, they fought on the side of good. Having his whole world turned upside down by the situation, the young man sought answers and as was customary for his family, he sought answers at the temple of Erathis. Apparently, Adon's conviction to law and order was noticed by the deity and there is where he was visited by a vision of the Goddess Erathis the Lawbearer. He was so stricken by the sight and words of the Lawbearer that he committed himself, body and soul to Her service.

With his renewed conviction, he pleaded with the Arbiter to oppose the Sovereign but as is everything, the Arbiter was bound by laws and once again, Adon saw a problem with the system and fell further into his conviction that perhaps the Gods are the only right ones. Luckily, the Master of Information, having been freed from the Briarwoods' control by the adventurers of Vox Machina, saw clearly that Adon would prove to be a good ally in the time to come and could not afford to lose him to fight in opposition to the throne. Assum took the boy under his wing and fostered Adon's trust. In time, Adon revealed to Assum that he had a child and wanted to visit, even if Assum had known about it beforehand he contracted a mission that would take Adon out of Emon and to the Barony where his child resided.

At his arrival, he saw that his daughter had grown and would never know him as her father. The pain in his heart that he had pushed down for so long once again flared to the forefront and he was forced to return to Emon for fear that he would reveal the truth of things. Having failed Assum, essentially on the other half of the mission, the Master of Information had to keep Adon in Emon, working as a go-between for some of his contacts.

Through tact and stubborness, Adon survived the attack on Emon by the Chroma Conclave and showed himself a important and versatile agent in Assum's employ. Years later, when Assum requested Adon to investigate the magical explosion, he agreed without hesitation. Assum had given him more than he ever deserved in past years and he had done truly little to repay him.

RP sample: Years later, Adon finds himself lounging upon a stool at one of the many taverns of Emon. The bartender thought the noble man needed a friend but didn't expect a story. "They say, 'When the going gets tough, the Tough get going.' Nobody realizes that sometimes, even the not-so-tough have to get going too, if you don't, You might die." he sighs and takes a swig of the mug that he had been nursing for some time, "Erathis Willing, Civilization will go on, The Chroma Conclave was a disaster for most, Almost all of Emon was destroyed but for some, it was just a chance to prove ourselves." He pushed back on his stool and laid his hands on the bartop on either side of his drink, "The Masters in charge of the council are pretty powerful but like a body without hands, that's why they need help. I'm just a hand, a hand to the powerful and one that holds a weapon for their sake." He wrapped his hand around the mug and took another drink, finishing it off before sliding it over to the barkeeper.

As the Barkeeper filled the mug, Adon continued, "I did what I could to see it through, In the Lawbearer's name, I picked up Law and Order and cleaned it up, maintained it as best as I could. In the end though, I didn't do it for her, Truly, I did it for myself, to absolve myself. When one asks a favor of another, even if no price is named, the man who owes can't walk away without feeling like he owes, It's not right. But what happens when you're not even worthy enough to pay that man back? You earn it, You do everything you can and take Destiny by the horns when it finds you, You turn it around. Then you repay the one you owe. That's all." Adon grabs up the refilled mug and drains half of it before laying a gold coin on the bar and getting up to leave.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 09-24-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 954
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Aw. I have been wanting to try Tal'Dorei campaign as a fan of CR and love roleplaying and mystery, but I just can't get into games that is heavy on politics.. I wish everyone good luck!

Old 09-11-2018, 02:26 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
So, I take it, that in the 15 years that came after the Chroma Conclave, the Cobalt Reserve was rebuilt in Westruun?
Short answer: yes, the reserve has been restored and improved, and much of the lost contents recovered. All thanks to the efforts of Hearthmaker Theadorn Krazz and his express desire to rebuild through the republic's own strength, for which the cobalt monks are deeply grateful. This may or may not become an important point in-game later on, so that's all I have to say on the matter for now.

Also, seeing you took the ravenite, here is what the campaign setting specifies about differences from the dragonborn:

Should your character be born from the toil and history of the Ravenite clans, make these adjustments in place of the base Dragonborn traits. Age, Alignment, and Size remain the same as base dragonborn:
• Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 1 and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
• Damage Resistance. You have resistance to non-magical slashing damage.
• Speed. Your base walking speed is 35 feet.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 09-11-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2414
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Ohoho I am very interested in this setup. Will you be allowing genasi? Not sure if they count as Core, but they're apparently present in the setting.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:50 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vislands View Post
Ohoho I am very interested in this setup. Will you be allowing genasi? Not sure if they count as Core, but they're apparently present in the setting.
Yes, had forgotten about them till I started flipping through the book this morning, since they really weren't ever featured on stream.

If you can come up with a neat concept, I'd like to see a genasi investigator on the line-up
Old 09-11-2018, 06:26 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2520
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Still building

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Elrohir Gildor owner of "Guild Doors Inc - Detective Agency"
Race: High-Elf
Class: Rogue (Arcane at this stage, don't see any point in dipping into cleric or fighter)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Languages: Common, Elvish, Thieves' Cant & Dwarven
Skills: From Jim as per adInvestigation, Back GroundPersuasion, Perception, From RougeAcrobatics, Insight, Stealth Expertise = Investigation & Persuasion
Str = 8 , Dex = 16 , Con = 10 , Int = 17 , Wis = 10 , Cha = 14 (4th level taken a Keen Mind: You have a mind that can track time, direction, and detail with uncanny precision. You gain the following benefits.
• Increase your Intelligence score by 1, to a maximum of 20. (Added to stats already)
• You always know which way is north.
• You always know the number of hours left before the next sunrise or sunset.
• You can accurately recall anything you have seen or heard within the past month.
feat)

Personality & Looks: A dark stormy gaze, a rumbling reply resonating thunderously, smoldering looks that melt hearts... That is not our man Elrohir! Slim and of average height Elrohir is entirely forgettable, that's how he is able to sneak through crowds an be unnoticed. Yeah, Elrohir can sit in a dark corner silently for hours but that crap is dull and normally very unproductive. Productivity comes from talking to people, understanding their view of life and particular situations. Elrohir isn't fast to reach his knives because, well, he's normally hired to find out information or to find people not to kill them or stop them, it's hard to get paid for killing the person you were meant to find.

Backstory: It was a nightmare for most of the kingdom, hordes of people fleeing to what they thought was safety only to be separated from the family... there loved ones. A city of over two hundred thousand people, it was great to get lost in but not so great if you needed to find someone. All those people who lost loved ones in the wake of the Chroma Conclave or that demonic Titan wanted to find them again, that is why I have a business, a job which I'm damn good at. I'm not rogue though, I knew most people who wanted to find loved ones didn't have anything to pay for my services so in the wake of all that chaos Guild Doors Inc run more like a logistical services. Oh we still got paid, people gave us what they could as thanks, some became rather partial towards me and the others here and as things settled down and the re-building came around people found jobs and were in a better position to pay for a more deliberate search for their loved ones.
Guild Doors grew during that time of chaos now I have more mouths to feed and need to find work for them. Skilled workers, good at their jobs that have families, that depend on me finding work and bringing it in. It's more pressure than I wanted it to be but I guess that is the bed I made for myself. A business which was really just me, now isn't. It wasn't planned growth but there are only so many hours in the day and I needed more. I did a bit of research in a magical way to give me more time but in the end it was easier to have more sets of eyes to keep on the look out, more sets of boots to cover more ground, more hands to do the work.

RP sample:

Attention any one who is reading my app.
If you'd like to be one of the employees of Guild Doors IncGDI then your welcome to join a detective agency as a partner. I love me some combined back stories.

Currently Classic Gamer and Phsychotic Unicorn have expressed interest but there's room for more. Remember combined back stories won't guarrantee getting in but it will give us a chance to world build and explore our characters more before the deadline line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Elohir.png
Views:	1074
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	77797  

Last edited by Xalnaga; 09-23-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Alright, Looking forward to a character review, The bartender was less than silent but I hope that's okay.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Name: guheni cobelhob
Race: gnome (deep)
Class: rogue
Alignment: LN
Backstory: I was there sitting at the mine when the sky fell or so it sounded. Seemed dragons had taken the city and those above ground were devestated. While I wouldn't have cared the chance at loot was to kind. I went up to find gold when the clasp found me seems the guild had their eyes on the same. I joined in hesitation and worked as a forge for some time until my need for the shine over took and I took missions removing contracts and seeing that the city was kept clean retaining the order of the city as only one of our order is to do. Things have gotten worse as the streets fill with broken people and little money being spread. Thus when he called I answered after all someone must help this town and it may as well be me.
Personality: cold. He does what he must and no more. People are not to be trusted at face value. These are just a few of the tenants learned from trade.
Looks: grey skin with a brown leather jerkin and purple pants. Long pointed ears and an even face.
RP sample: Think I am the quiet bartender listening to your tale many years after the fact. Why did Seeker Assum trust you to join this mission, and why did you accept? Hope you can answer this in character!

Last edited by delpinator; 09-12-2018 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
It might be a stretch but would you be open to allowing a Blood Hunter into this particular game? Have an interesting idea over one that uses his abilities to track his targets by using their blood. More of a theme than an actual mechanic but I thought it could prove pretty interesting!
Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyeal View Post
It might be a stretch but would you be open to allowing a Blood Hunter into this particular game? Have an interesting idea over one that uses his abilities to track his targets by using their blood. More of a theme than an actual mechanic but I thought it could prove pretty interesting!
I wasn't thinking of allowing them because, if I am being completely honest here, they seem quite underdeveloped and underpowered, specially when compared to Matt's other custom classes.

But if you like the flavor and somehow manage to make it work, then I am willing to accept them, for you as well as for anyone willing to give the class a try.

If the characters survive long enough, we may yet get to do some tweaking and homebrewing of our own to send back as feedback, so let's see what you can come up with.

Also, if we do get blood hunters in the mix here, then we might as well add their faction into the political turmoil, that too may prove amusing enough, and is yet another excuse for me to go deeper into the campaign setting and explore untouched content.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 09-12-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:55 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Understood. If nothing else I will make sure he dies an interesting death!

Application Complete!

Character ApplicationName: Valdur Ironpoint
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Blood Hunter
Alignment: CG
Trait: "I will always be a Knight, and will strive to uphold those ideals."
Bond: "My hammer will be driven into the heart of every demon I find."
Flaw: "Demons and Magic must be culled."
Backstory: Born to Olivia Ironpoint and Tarlag Hardshaft, a pair of hunters and trappers, and growing up in the wilds near Kraghammer, Valdur had lead a hard but rewarding life. From a young age he was shown how to track, kill, and dress animals of all kinds. Including some rather unique recipes from his Father to ensure no part of the beast was wasted. His parents paid for an education in Kraghammer proper and after he finished he approached his parents with the idea of joining the Order of the Nail. In his mind it would carry more prestige and honors than simply joining the military and he would be specifically fighting against demons of all kinds. A serious threat that had become more visible in the last 20 years. His Mother and Father were trepidatious at the start but it seemed like Valdur couldn't be swayed. And thus began his road to becoming a Knight of the Order of the Nail.

His training was harsh and demanding due to the specialization of the Order. He had to learn to identify tricksters wearing the skin of another, be able to sniff out invisible creatures, and reconstruct scenes of murder and destruction in order to determine what type of demon, if any, caused the trouble and be able to hunt it down. Valdur proed himself adept with combat and tracking but struggled most when it came to wrapping his head around the idea of deductive reasoning. Despite this, he steadily climbed the ranks, securing the official title of Knight. He sent a letter home declaring his success to his parents and felt overflowing with pride in his new station.

Then, a revelation brought it crashing down.

One day during combat practice he knocked a fellow Knight out cold. But when he hit the ground there was this surge of pale blue energy that left his body and flowed into Valdur's. The Knight was unarmed but looked a little emaciated while the Dwarf had felt a surge of power and energy from that light. High Commander Urdan had the matter investigated and would discharge Vardul with practicing Necromancy in the Order. Along with that Inquisitor Evidash had reported Vardul radiating magic despite having shown zero aptitude when he first joined. Because of his hard work Vardul was simply dishonorably discharged instead of put on the block. But to him he would have preferred to be executed. After that he just... wandered. He couldn't bring himself to go home and tell his folks what happened as well as show them his new poisonous Necromantic talents, causing them to be targeted as a result of his powers.

Its at his lowest point, face down in several tankards, he was approached by someone calling themselves Seeker Assum. He confided in Valdur that he had heard whispers as to what his potential was and that he possessed a very useful set of skills he wished to hire. Somehow he even knew about the Dwarf's discharge from the Order of the Nail and offered to write him a Letter of Recommendation to be accepted into a more welcoming and beneficial Order that would be able to further hone his unique powers; The Claret Order. Valdur accepts and now works protecting the Council of Emon from the shadows from all manner of threats and dangers to the Council and the city at large.

Personality: Valdur is a stern and no-nonsense kind of Dwarf when he's stalking a specific target. Off-work he's a bit stiff in his social graces but largely respectful and polite. Around magic users he can be seen shifting in his seat or moving from one foot to another if he's standing, rolling the fingers on his left hand. He encourages cooperation whenever possible and attempts to keep the peace if he's a part of a group of adventurers. He doesn't flinch when he's arm-deep in a body or ankle deep in gore. In a fight he's highly disciplined and practiced, occasionally mixing in oddly dirty tactics for one who claims to be a former Knight. Aside from a questionable fighting style Valdur is reliable, honorable, and will persue his goal with a sometimes blind determination.
Looks: Valdur appears to be a particularly hardened brand of Dwarf. Tan skin, tight corded muscles, a messy brown beard, a thick carpet of equally brown hair atop his head and sharp green eyes. Strangely he seems to perpetually smell faintly of moss or damp earth and... saltpeter? He lacks the more atypical features of a Dwarf; Cheeks less rounded, a more normal slopped nose, and not as squat or barrel-shaped as others. He leans on the taller side of height at around 4' 7". He walks with purpose and confidence, clearly driven by his current goal. Aside from his drab-looking traveling clothes and cloak he carries a heavy-looking maul with the image of a single nail set in front of a pennant carved into the head.
RP sample: "This'll be my last drink for a good while." declared Valdur to the bartender standing before him. The bar at that moment was rather light on clientele, leaving the man behind the bar to hear what the Dwarf has to tell him. He knocks back his tankard, draining it in one go and slamming it back down on the counter, muffling a belch through a clenched fist. "I'm amazed that such an important figure approach me, of all folk! I'm still distrusting of that Order he offered. The Claret. Clearly he's more well connected than I'm imagining if he not only knows of such an Order but that I could benefit from it. I'd still prefer to go back to the Order of the Nail..." He sighed wistfully as he said that, staring off to the side for a moment before turning back to the bartender. "Regardless! It certainly will allow me to get to know Emon better and establish myself as a Knight worthy of joining the Order at the very least. Such a large city could only benefit my exposure to my abilities, I'm sure!"

Last edited by Tyeal; 09-19-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2458
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application is now complete. I would love a review for Kytaran Finuthin, if you are doing those.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:07 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Will be doing the first round of reviews today.
My comments will be posted in this thread for all to see, as a way to show further applicants what others have been doing right or wrong and what are my general takes on characters, as to not have to repeat pointers by giving them privately.
Feel free to edit as much as you want from your characters from now to the October 1st deadline, and remember, we are looking for a large, possibly 6 to 10 players group for this endeavor, so think in advance how your detective would gel to the investigation force and what particular skill or approach could they bring.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2308
nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles nickostopheles
Okay I'm applying. Edited old post so you may miss this question:
Quote:
@Jim Faindel: Setting question - Being 5th level, probably only been adventuring 5 years. Is that a good ballpark? If so, What kind of war could Zhon be a veteran of?