RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Alright, I'm off the fence and settled on a character, Adon Blackwing, Paladin of Erathis
Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Alright, I'm off the fence and settled on a character, Adon Blackwing, Paladin of Erathis
That's quite different from the good old ravenite monk, but looks interesting in it's own right
I will give it a look, but you'll now have to wait for the second round of reviews!

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 09-13-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
It's not about the build being more important than the character but there is a certain type of character that I feel goes with the rapier duelist style, A finesse-y flair vs a two-handed clobber-monster. Something I would like to try more than what I already have.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 09-13-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
imvIral
Character Submission

(New to online D n D)
Name: Tycho Asvaldur
Race: Tiefling
Class:Bard
Alignment:Neutral Good
Backstory:Hard to say what drove this tiefling to becoming a man of music after being expelled from the hells...abandoning a pit fiend boss while he's under attack by a group of adventurers can help though...Either way he was interested to explore this vast new world. He had no evil intent after leaving hell, as if he had figuratively and literally been put behind him for better or worse. For a year or two he wandered Tal'dorei, eventually making his way into Emon. On his journey there he would help people that he needed to out of common decency rather than a desire to help people. However on his travels he met another bard, who he grew a deep respect for, Conway was his name. During their travels he turned his back on the tiefling after it was rumored that a one of Tycho's kind was responsible for murdering an innocent affiliated with the Conway family. Tycho was beaten and left on the side of a trail for 12 hours before he was then carried by traders to Emon. After being nursed to a reasonable state, he played music for anyone who would listen, now with a few less teeth...until he was approached by a seeker.
Personality: Someone who does not quite get normal relations and quirky at times but tries to do what he deems right, or for the better of the group
Looks: Deep Maroon Tiefling with curled ram horns that are very prominent compared to his head and a slightly thinner tail with curly brown hair and yellowish brown eyes. Well dressed but dirty and grimy from weeks of not changing clothes. Red vestments with black pants and dull red boots
RP sample: *Tycho wakes up in what appears to be a covered wagon, he looks up to see the sun glare through a hole on top of the rough leather top. He covers his eyes in attempt to block it out as he gets up rubbing his head. He feels something rough in his mouth, instinctively he spat it out and two white teeth fly out onto the wooden base of the wagon. Hearing this the two traders look to the back*
Trader: "Hey demon boy! You're awake! Glad to see it, maybe lost a couple teeth but otherwise yer not lookin to worse for wear!"

Tycho: "What...Where is Conway...Where am I!" *He looks around nervously as slight drops of blood drip from his mouth and onto his clothes"

Trader: "Well now boy we don't know much bout all of that, we just found ye on the side of the road's all and figured we'd do our deed for the day."

Tycho: "Whe-where is...Con-" *He slowly drifts out of consciousness*

*He wakes up a second time, this time in another unfamiliar setting. He looks around in what appears to be a hospital. He shifts his eyes around the room glaring at the surgical tools uneasily*

Tycho: "He-hello? Anyone here?" *He slowly sits up in his bed and stands up attempting to stretch but immediately winces in pain and holds his back. As soon as he does a nurse rushes up to him and holds him upright*

Nurse: "Woaaah now bud, you probably won't want to be doin that right now, at least not in that condition" *she smiles as she helps him back onto his bed*

Tycho: "Ma'am where am I? And why might I be in this hospital bed?" *He rubs his head again as he looks towards the nurse*

Nurse: "Well son you're finding yourself in the city of Emon...Why you're here is anyone's guess if not even you remember" *She then looks back at him with a reassuring glance that he is going to be fine.*
Old 09-13-2018, 10:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
The lawful alignment comes from his code. He will follow through on any contract taken. He will not steal from others in the trade. He is a ballance in society enjoying the luxury's of the rich when the city is prospering and assistance in it's fall as is the way of the clasp.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Xal, I think Salt being an associate of GDI would fit nicely.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:08 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2520
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Hey Classic
Do it, I'll have a look over your app and flick you a PM to sort out the specifics.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:10 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Application is complete! For now at least. Detail-sharpening may ensue.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:01 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1720
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
@Jim Faindel First off, thanks for the feedback, I'll get to editing right away. Sorry about the RP sample's structure. I believe it is a language transference thing. In my language it is perfectly acceptable to have a long stretch of monologue uninterrupted by someone else's speech or actions in one paragraph. Though, admittedly on its own I can see how it can be block-y and hard to read >.< I shall edit. As for the colorful nature of Silvana's speech, well... people change with life and age. Who knows what happened to make her like that in her golden age

I have one question. What is the state of Vox Machina's keep in this day and age and setting. Would it still be their property or open to the public. I would imagine Silvana would have liked to visit Percy's shop if that was a possibility.

Last edited by ihinka; 09-14-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:50 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihinka View Post
I have one question. What is the state of Vox Machina's keep in this day and age and setting. Would it still be their property or open to the public. I would imagine Silvana would have liked to visit Percy's shop if that was a possibility.
The keep was inherited by one Kaylie Shorthalt a few years back, tho she reportedly rarely visited the property before it was donated to the city and adapted as the Shorthalt Museum of Bardic Grandeur, a monument to the great Scanlan Shorthalt and others, currently a social gathering place of some reknown for the youth of the city, hosting most of the more massive artistic events and travelling festivals. Percy's shop may or may not still exist within it, but in what state, you'd have to see for yourself!
Old 09-14-2018, 03:12 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1720
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Is the poo jar on display

And I suppose she'd have to check it out in a moment of respite from all the cloak and dagger
Old 09-14-2018, 03:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2458
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Faindel View Post
Player: Kymrel
Character: Kytaran Finuthin

Observations:

Thanks for the review! I agree with you on the Bladesingers, they seem like they're the bees knees when you read them, but once they're in play you realize that they are just barely decent at hitting people with a sword compared to actual warriors and have d6 HP per level which really hurts if they want to take the front line. I haven't really thought about multiclassing, to be honest. Well, that's not entirely true, I considered starting the character off as a Rogue, switching to Wizard after a couple of levels, but in the end I decided we would have enough of Rogues and that the Bladesinger would be useful and unique.

He will have tattoos, but on his arms and torso, so hidden most of the time. I might put that in the description, just to have it out there. I haven't actually created the character so I'm not sure what weapon I'll pick, but I'm sure it will be a sword of some description. I never liked the old AD&D 2nd ed idea about Bladesinger with axes or maces.

Regarding his racism, it will mostly be handled through internal monologue, since he knows people don't like him acting all superior. So he tries to hide it. I am also not a fan of characters starting out with certain attitudes and never changing, no matter what happens during the game, so he is likely to change. The question is if he doubles down on the whole racism-thing, or if his companions manage to show him that other races have a lot to offer! The only way to find out is to select him for your game

Looking forward to seeing what characters you select. Given the applications so far, and the fact that there are over two weeks until the deadline, I think you may have a tough time choosing.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 09-14-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 AM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Jim, out of interest what are the most common languages in Emon? Obviously there is common, but what other ones are out there?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:14 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Who knows ihinka? The investigation may just take you right to the museum at some point
Also, I do believe when elves get to level 10 they get to choose an expertise between their racism and smuggness skills kymrel, or at least they did in previous editions
Xalnaga, the most common languages within the city past the baseline are dwarven and elven, with giant, goblinoid and draconic far behind, in that order; outside the southern slums, however, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who didn't understand common.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 09-14-2018 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
Brilliant, thanks for that.

Another question, if we were to buy an uncommon magic item with the 500gp we have for starting funds how much would they cost? DMG says 101gp to 500gp