RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 02:22 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Application
right-aligned image

Name: The Oriel
Race: Variant Human
Class: Assassin (Rogue)
Alignment: CN
Backstory:
The Wren used to say I'm the best at what I do. He'd say that's why they sent me. I knew he was lying, but I worked hard to make his words true. So many in this city can climb walls, cut glass, and slit throats. So many have been doing it longer than I have. So many do it faster, quieter, and in more crowded areas than I could ever dream.

We both knew that the real truth is that he was the best at what he did. Sniffing out jobs, investigating crimes, and pointing the arrow. That was the real skill. I was his tool. Without his handing me jobs on a regular basis, I'd be useless as a chisel without a sculpter.

Now, he's dead. Now I'm useless.
Personality: The Oriel is jealous and guarded, but even moreso, she's motivated to avenge the Wren's death. She's unsure of her ability to perform without his guidance and needs constant affirmation.
Looks: Dressed in charcoal greys to suit her occupation, the only colour of the Oriel is the bright shock of orange that is her wild mane of hair. Her ruddy face and slight form make it hard to guess her age, but she doesn't mind being mistaken in either direction and has learned to play either to her advantage.
RP sample:
The Oriel places a fistful of coppers on the bar. "I'll take a flagon of ale and whatever edibles are cheapest."

As the innkeeper approaches, she reaches out. Pulling a copper back, she holds it aloft between her fingers and then makes it vanish. As a finger rolls to her painted lips, she smiles and flicks her eyes downward, beckoning him to look.

There, he finds a dagger against his belly. 'Shhhh...' she says with a slight tsk. 'Just a little information and we both walk away rich. I need to know where to find the seeker. I know you'd be killed for divulging that information, which is why I'm allowing someone to see me threaten you. The man in the corner with the blue hood. His head is turned away, but his eyes are upon us in the window. Now, when they ask me where I got the information, I'll vouch that you were in fear of your livelihood and manhood.'

With the information attained, the copper reappears in her hand. She places it on the bar and exits.

Outside she's frustrated by the man in the blue hood's dawdling mannerisms. His overly cautious behaviour irritated her. She needed to make time in finding the seeker, but she also needed to make sure the man kept on her trail.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oriel.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	81391  

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 08-30-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:52 AM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2202
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Interested as well! Never really watched Critical Role, but the premise of the game sounds quite interesting.
The Application Box We All Know and Love
right-aligned image
Name: Krovos Noss'hanir, "Crow"
Race: Half-Drow, but for flavor onlyElf
Role: Clenched Fist / Collector
Class: Gunslinger 3/Hexblade 1/Rogue 1Gunslinger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Looks: Don't let his easy smile and slouching posture fool you; the slender, dark-skinned, white-haired collector for the Clenched Fist of the Clasp is quick to the draw, and few can best him in a fire fight. His average height of 5'6" isn't anything to boast about, yet the "clientele" of the Fist eagerly give him their monthly dues and smile meekly when the Crow comes knocking; he politely bows and thanks them for their obliging manner, hiding the pouch under his half-plate black leather. Numerous scars decorate his face and body; from previous lovers, he'd often quip to anyone who asks. Something tells them that's not necessarily true, nor was it a lie, either.
Background: Trait: I'm always polite and respectful.
Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
Bond: I'm loyal to the Clasp, and I expect my brothers to be the same to me; they're like family.
Flaw: I struggle with personal greed and ambition; I often think how funny it would be if Crow would be the one to pull the strings from the shadows...
Urban Bounty Hunter
Personality: One could describe Krovos as lackadaisical and easy-going, though that would be a superficial assessment; in truth Krovos is extremely calculating, and uses his innate charm to lead his enemies to complacency, thinking that he doesn't work for his status. He's more concerned about the Clasp's reputation than he would care to admit, however; Krovos knows that is a weakness, but can't help but take attacks against the organization quite personally. He's been a well-established member of the group for some years already, so he sees their esteem as an extension of his own.

Krovos sees himself as a consummate professional, and conducts himself with utmost politeness and formality yet strives to still be friendly and congenial about it. He understands the importance of status quo, and dissatisfied clients or superiors often meant harder work; placating these two groups of individuals therefore was a priority to the half-elf.

The gunslinger never talks seriously about his past, or his heritage; many times his stories would be as varied as the kind of ale he drank, one more implausible and absurd than the next. He also never displays his gun out in the open unless he meant to use it; and the few who have seen it out of its holster often ended up with a hole or two in their skulls.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 08-30-2019 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2046
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Xander Wells
Race: Half-Elf
Role: The Dark Rose. Fence and "acquisitions", primarily of arcane items and artifacts.
Class: Warlock (Fiend or Great Old One, Pact of the Tome)
Alignment: Neutral (not in the "there must be balance" way, but in the amoral sort of way)
Backstory: Faction Agent.
Emon. The City of Fellowship. The City of Secrets.

I know secrets. I should since I was born one. My rich father's secret shame, packed off to the Alabaster Lyceum to salve his conscience. Plenty to learn, but too cautious for my tastes. Plenty of secrets there too. Secrets to power. Made a deal with something...other. Something secret. Ironic to leave a school to learn more. That turned out to be a good choice for more than one reason.

But it is hard out there for a half-breed all alone. But there are always more secrets. The factions. The Clasp. Turned out that they like secrets too. And power. Now, I find things. Sell the ones I don't want. Keep the things I want. They call me a Copper now. But not for long. There is chaos and opportunity.
Personality: Xander's primary motivation is ambition. He was born with no station, a bastard. He's accumulated his own modicum of power through cutting corners and shady deals. In person, however, he is amiable and affable with a keen understanding personal power is all well and good, but social power is a true lever for advancement. This serves him well as a fence for the Clasp. He plays well within the confines of the secret group, but sees himself as destined to move up in the ranks and wield ever greater power.

Looks: Xander is the quintessential half-breed between human and elf. His middling height and fine features straddle those two worlds, but his white hair and pointed ears give away his elven heritage. To offset this, he maintains a carefully tussled appearance and just a hint of facial hair.

RP sample:
Xander had been following his current lead for what seemed like months. In truth, it had only been a couple weeks, but they'd been pretty lean weeks. He tried not to think about that now. He was so close. The ornate carriage left the manor house across the way, and Xander rose from his hiding place, walking calmly across the dark street. He approached the wall around the expensive home confidently, and with a word he was on the other side, walking silently across the grounds. The side door was right where he'd expected, and as he approached the unguarded entrance, he waved his hand and the minor magical protection on the door collapsed.

The inside of the house was dark and quiet, just as he'd expected. Left into the hallway, down a flight of stairs, through the well stocked wine cellar, Xander couldn't help but muse how his target ended up being found in a place like this. Counting off the bottles, he lifted the last one from the left and the secret door popped open with a small click. The man who had installed the passage "for the fine Lady's pearls, of course" had been only too open to sharing such interesting work after a few drinks.

Xander stepped into the small room and there it was on a podium on the center of the room. Wrinkling his nose slightly at the object, Xander made his way around to the back of the room and settled in the corner, regarding the cliched set up. With a muttered word and a flick of his hand, he was wrapped in darkness in the dim corner of the room while he settled down to wait.

He didn't have to wait long.

Mere minutes later, the secret door clicked open again and another figure slipped into the room. The figure (Xander assumed it was a man) was wrapped in black clothing and a deep hood. His quarry. The Clasp. At last. Xander watched as the figure approached the podium, waiting until the most dramatic moment to drop his spell and step from the darkness.

"It's quite cursed, you know," Xander remarked as the thief was just about to touch the prize on the podium, "but I'd be happy to fix that for you. All I want in return is an introduction."

Last edited by Quick Ben; 08-29-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:04 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Hmm. I have a notion for a warlock infiltrator, spy and information broker... Her network shattered by the mass murder, she has to take a direct hand in things to try to rebuild...and inflict vengeance on those who interfered with her rise to power.

Full submission on its way.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 08-23-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:37 AM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Thank you kindly for the interest! I'll be waiting for your submissions while offering some feedback to those who already posted.
Don't be afraid to ask if you've got any doubts!

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-23-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:56 AM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1037
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
I'm a simple man. I see a Critical Role game, I apply. Now I just need to come up with a character worthy of the premise.

Oath Taker
Old 08-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
wildheart
right-aligned image

name wenrick wildheart
race halfling
class fighter
role hidden fang
alignmentcg
backstory
Wenrick started out with a simple life on the farm. A few cows and the chickens. The chickens are were his nimbleness first arrived. They'd bite your shins if you droped the feed wrong. He lived this way for awhile before Nazon Bursk ,a near Goliath of a man, began to threaten and push his way around the local farms.

Hiding food became a necessity which then became hiding weapons. A dagger in the boot and a crossbow under aprons. It was wenrick who led the fight back.

Luck always seemed to be on wenricks side and those who helped him. His skill with the blade and Cross bow only increased this. He taught others these skills until nazon was pushed back leaving there little hole alone.

This gathered the favor of the clasp and a note appeared on his bed one night telling him to go into the city and look for father diamond and ask where the coal goes.

He took missions and his skill with his weapons increased allowing for faster and more precise shots killing most of his targets before they could turn to see his face.
Personality
looks

Last edited by delpinator; 08-23-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
right-aligned image

Name: Silhouette; not the name she was given at birth, but the one she gave herself afterward...and therefore both a disguise, and a truth.
Race: Tiefling
Role: Though a case could be made for Hidden Fang, I think The Dark Rose suits Silhouette's methods more closely
Class: Hexblade/Shadow Sorcerer
Alignment: Good, evil...law, chaos...those are just walls we draw around ourselves. Silhouette walks the narrow path between them, choosing which approach best suits each moment. Neutral.
Backstory:

Personality: Silhouette is ever-pleasant, ever-courteous. She values cooperation (on her terms) and relationships between people. She tries to approach the give and take of negotiations with knowledge of what a person is motivated by, so she can make an offer that has the most impact, with the least 'cost' to herself. Everyone wins, but she wins more.

Looks: Silhouette is aptly named, or so must think the few who have seen her true face. She looks like a human statue carved from obsidian; smooth skin of the deepest shade of ebony like a starless sky at midnight. Her eyes are yellow and glow faintly, and her hair is as dark as her skin...usually cut short to keep it from interfering with her disguises. All of this is usually irrelevant though, since she almost always wears a guise of some sort or another. Her favorite is a half-elf woman of unremarkably pleasant features.

RP sample:

Last edited by SalmonMax; 08-23-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:47 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5107
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
APPLICATION - Submitted for Consideration

Toben
left-aligned image
Toben

Name: Toben
Race: Forest Gnome
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Wizard - School of Illusion
Agent: The Clasp under The Hidden Fang
Background: Far Traveler

Personality Traits: Toben is a gnome that has traveled far and wide exploring new places and things. He is on the hunt for knowledge and adventure as he feels that experience is what drives wisdom and that wisdom is what makes each individual unique or perhaps...greater. He is mischievous and likes to be jovial and happy. He uses his illusionary skills to entertain those who he likes or frighten and drive off those who he doesn't.

Appearance: Toben is not your typical forest gnome, though he seems to always have a smirk on his face like he is the only one getting the joke. He looks like a middle aged man on a short stature body which some feel that his a very ugly, overly large pixie. But, his facial features reveal his gnome heritage, including his overly large feet. His hair is dark brown and he sports a goatee on his chin. He has tattoos on many places of his body as wards of protection against those whom might harm him. His skin is an earthy brown and wrinkled from the sun. Toben wears his dark brown hair short, which is atypical of the forest gnomes of his homeland.

Backstory:

Roleplay Example: The Hunt

Posting Rate: Maximum: Many times per workday (M-F CST). Only once or twice on weekends; Minimum: once per day during workday, none on weekends. Oh, and I am definitely here for the long run!

Last edited by Shaede; 08-26-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:04 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Shaede, I appreciate the effort, but I really, REALLY don't think Toben is the man for this job
You sure you didn't mean to post this app in another game?

Here we're trying to recruit precisely for a thieves guild that splintered from the Zhentarim, and most definitely not for the Harpers.

You know what they say about assuming.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-23-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:31 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I was going to massage the backstory quite a bit. I figured 5 Rogue PCs is a tad monotonous. That being said, I have the perfect rogue....
Old 08-23-2019, 12:49 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I think he might be recycling an app that just needs to be tailored to the setting. While I haven’t finished Campaign 1, I can help with that, Shaede. With Jim Faindel’s permission, I think we might even be able to work our applications into a cohesive back story.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:51 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
Well, I was going to massage the backstory quite a bit. I figured 5 Rogue PCs is a tad monotonous. That being said, I have the perfect rogue....
Ouch.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:04 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Ha! No offense Numen. But yes, quite a bit of tweaking is needed. An illusionist is an RP heavy class, to be honest. That’s one of the main reasons I resurrected Toben
Old 08-23-2019, 02:26 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, sorry for the all-too-quick gut-reaction

If you are willing to go the extra mile and change such a detailed backstory, then an illusionist would be more than welcome (as would a connection with Numen)

On the other hand, I wouldn't particularly mind 5 rogues in this specific campaign, it would be quite fitting, actually

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-23-2019 at 02:27 PM.