RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #151  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:46 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 2492
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,541
Lady Sorrel quickly brings her panflute to her lips and begins to play a soft, sad song of dissonant notes to go along with Lina's powerful narration.
Dice History - Zariel?:
2d20+2kh1 (5, 5 (keeping 5) )+2 Total = 7
It was a song and story that the Seamstress recognized, and she was impressed that Harshwinter seemed to know it well.

The song builds, but quietly. Lady Sorrel plays along and when the poem ends, the last note of her panflute rings out soft and long like a far off cry. She lowers the panflute and smiles at Harshwinter to acknowledge their work together, but the smile quickly fades to a look of thoughtfulness.


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,993
Valdur
left-aligned image

The Dwarf was starting to get that feeling in his stomach, that one that told him what was happening before his eyes was out of his depths. A scroll that lead to some massive core of flame directly from the Plane of Fire? Fallen angels and prophetic curses woven into song? Valdur was glad he had an ally in Kytaran as well as Wann but what they were discussion was starting to make his head throb from trying to wrap itself around the sheer scale of this attack. He was really beginning to wonder if a Mage or even a Priest from the Order would've been a better person to recruit for this task than himself. The only comfort he could settle on was the fact that it was sounding like they were dealing with the literal Hells in whatever it was this group was attempting on the city.

If nothing else he was very good at putting his hammer into the face of whatever demon they came across.


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 07-24-2019, 04:12 AM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is offline
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,972
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Noon
right-aligned image
The doctor smiled reassured as she handed Ash a small pouch of medicine, whispering absent-mindedly "This should help start your recovery, though it may take a few hours to kick in, depending on when you last had a proper meal." before turning back to her desk and procuring a small inkwell. She opened it, set it aside, and dipped one of her long claws deep within it, using it to write a small missive which she folded twice over and once more handed to her patient before looking at her intently as she made sure her indications would be followed. "Good. I need you to deliver this message to a patient that lives nearby. You'll find her five blocks north and two blocks west, past the main road and next to a small mortuary, in a house with boarded windows. Knock twice and then wait. If a man or an ogre open, do not say a word, deliver the letter, and wait half an hour before returning. If a pale woman answers instead, give her this, and she'll likely ask you to come back here along with her. If that happens, come, cut the line, knock twice and wait outside as I see her. Either way we'll get a bed for you after she leaves. Did you get all that?"

In the meantime, the two invisible detectives were struggling to coordinate their efforts. Drea had hidden next to the door in just the right way so she could be hidden if it swung open, taking advantage of a small cabinet resting against the wall, which wouldn't allow it to slam against the door if flung all the way, thus leaving the perfect opening for her thin form. Silvana, on the other hand, had been standing just before the door, gun at the ready, wishing to unload as soon as she caught sight of the woman that had eluded her capture the night prior. Then the sorceress snapped thrice.

Silvana looked in her direction and realized what she meant quickly, trying to step gingerly as she moved next to her, but someone else did. The little girl was now eagerly looking for the sound of the noise, and assuming with the innocence of a child that the only other person close by was in the bath, she stood up as the floating doll and teacup gently floated back onto the table. Approaching the door with a hint of hesitation, but gathering her resolve in the end, she called out "Lady Cieth? Did you call? Is everything alright?" And then she just stood there, awkwardly waiting for a reply as she fidgeted with the ribbons of her white dress, until a soft voice answered from the other side of the door: "Yes darling, though I could use some help dressing back up hurt as I am. Could you be a dear and come help me?" To which the tiny dragonborn agreed as she rushed to open the door, bowing lightly as she announced her entrance with a smile. Now the question was, would the detectives take this opening, or wait for the scene to play out?

OOCJust for consistent world-building's sake, the bathroom door doesn't quite look that nice, though it likely did when the house was brand-new, some fifty years ago.


left-aligned image
The wizard waved at the kenku to take his glass and placed a couple gold coins on the table before standing up, now looking visibly shorter than when he was sitting, before answering the questions raised to him. "With a setup like this, I'd imagine anyone capable of reading a magic scroll could have pulled it off. Certainly I wouldn't expect anyone capable of such a design to go blowing themselves up just to make a point. And that's just it: such a complex piece of work likely took dozens upon dozens of attempts, all extremely painful and time-consuming. If your assassin didn't blow up just quite as hard as this one did, then he likely was the product of a failed attempt, and only the gods know, if anyone, how many walking time-bombs like him there may be already."

He waited for the Lady Lina to be done with her chocolate, which was already look-warm after having been distracted by the arsonist's song, before following up by saying "Indeed, I could count in the fingers of one hand the number of casters capable of summoning a Gate in this city, but ritual-casting of this sort would open the doors for many lesser mages, if they had the numbers, know-how and resources, to pilfer powers outside their reach. As for what my gift can tell me..."

The gnome rested a slender hand against Lina's strong arm, and with a single word of power, caused his eyes to roll back as purple glyphs floated before him. He stood in trance for no longer than six seconds, but as he did, his mouth seemed to move on his own as he uttered "I see a mob, moving in plain sight in its hundreds and in its thousands. I see a god's instrument preaching to their flock, enveloped in light. I see a heartless mage, toiling in the darkness alongside itself, sacrificing that which was never theirs. I see a hermit lost amidst the crowd, carrying the wild upon its back. I see only shadow and the promise of death where a singer should be, hiding from its own voice."

He finally broke free from the spell and nearly collapsed on the tall woman's lap, which promptly held him with the light touch of a worried friend, using a silken handkerchief to clean the thin line of blood that had formed from the corner of his mouth as the old man spoke. "You pushed yourself too hard Wann, don't do that again before the Sheriff, or you'll worry him sick as you do me. Friends, I don't think we can prolong this meeting much longer, so if you have any last questions, please speak them now."

And then she looked to the side for a moment, retrieved a small golden trinket from her purse and unfolded a long wire from its side, and speaking the word for a simple message spell said "Auros, did you manage to secure transport yet? I simply cannot believe all the cars in the district could have been rented already. You can reply to this message."

 

__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 07-31-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 07-24-2019, 03:05 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 3542
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,187
Ashele Orome
right-aligned image
Ash opens the pouch and peers at the medicine inside. She wasn't sure exactly what she was to do with it. Was it a poultice to apply to her neck? How would she keep it on? Or perhaps the doctors comment about a proper meal meant she was to consume it. She looks up at the dragonborn, confusion etched on her face. "Am I to eat this, maam? Or do I apply it to the outside of my neck in some manner?"

She didn't have to feign interest in the doctors instructions, for they were interesting indeed. She wanted to ask more, but it was more important to prove that she would be capable of completing this mission and be worthy of the doctor's trust. "Allow me to set your mind at ease. You said I must head north five blocks and then west two. I'll find a home with windows paneled away, next to a mortician. If the man of the house or his Ogre friend answers, give him the letter. Should your patient answer, give her the letter. I shall know she is your patient because her face looks sickly. I am to wait up to a half hour for her - if your patient doesn't want to return with me in that time, I may return alone. If the woman decides to come back with me, then I shall escort her straightaway to your door, providing any assistance as she may need due to her aliment. Have I missed any particulars?"

Ash had of course missed some particulars deliberately. It seemed knocking twice was some sort of code, and the admonishment to say nothing to the man or the ogre was interesting. If the doctor felt the need to reiterate these, it would confirm their importance and would build a case for her involvement. She felt the presence of the ogre was no mere coincidence - it confirmed that she was headed to the location where at least some of Cirith Vel'ond's gang resided. Naturally that meant her patient was Cirith. How a drow could be described as 'pale' was a bit of a mystery, but it would be revealed in time. She wished she could ask more about the patient without sounding curious.

Since Cirith was at a house five blocks north of here, then any further expenditure of time in this locale was vanity. Eager to go, Ashele reties her scarf and retrieves her produce. "If there's nothing else, I'll deliver your letter straightaway." She stops in the door, looks back and proclaims "Thank you so much doctor! Shall I send the next patient in?". The pause should give sufficient time should any invisible individuals wish to leave with her.

 


 


 

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 07-24-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 07-25-2019, 08:04 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,310
left-aligned image


Theresa rolls her eyes, and withholds a sigh, as the little dragonborn gets up and eagerly approaches the doorway. But then something exciting happens. The young girl calls out to the other behind the doorway, and Drea can feel electricity eagerly running up her veins. ~ The Drow, Cirith, is in there!

~ Wait! Didn't the young one call out 'Cieth', not 'Cirith'? Maybe it's not who we are after.

~ No, I'm sure she said 'Lady Cirith'.

~ Maybe we should just sit down, and have some tea.

~ Huh? What are... But Drea's confusion doesn't last. ~ I don't have time for a discussion, or to find out who you are. she thinks toward Andi. Pulling her bunny hood up, Drea quickly reaches out and attempts to
Dice Grapple?:
1d20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
clamp her hand over the dragonborn's mouth, while pulling her out of the doorway. She tries to do so
Dice Stealth:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
before the door is fully opened, so that her now visibility is not seen by whoever is in the bathroom.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 07-28-2019, 04:28 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,200
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
Kytaran’s face is somber as he listens to the little gnome. So there could be dozens of, in essence, failed experiments walking around. Ready to blow themselves up with varying degrees of annihilation for the surrounding area. That’s certainly not great news. And, at the center, a powerful magic user, or users. Probably the latter. But that they had already surmised.

”Most insightful, thank you for this,” Kytaran begins, but the diviner isn’t quite done. The elf is a firm believer in prophesy, as are most of his people, and Wann is a powerful diviner indeed. A mob moving in plain sight. That might mean that the attack on the Lyceum was only the first step in an attempt to do something much, much bigger. But what does he mean by a mage toiling in the shadows alongside himself? Many mages working as one? One mage who has managed to somehow replicate himself? This is the problem with prophesy, there is never a clear answer.

The hermit in the crowd makes no sense to him. Perhaps the shadow and promise of death refers to another bladesinger, like the one with the displacer beast who perished the night before? That’s certainly interesting. Perhaps the dead bladesinger was an apprentice? Or a master who left behind an apprentice?

”I’m out of questions, for now,” Kytaran replies to Lina. ”But I again urge you to let us know if you come across something that could help us. You know where our office is located. You can also come there if you need information from us. The staff will know where to find us, or can take a message,” he says.

”You have my thanks, our thanks, for your assistance,” he says, bowing slightly as a sign of respect to both of them.

OOC
 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 07-31-2019, 02:50 AM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 2492
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,541
"Yes, you have our thanks," Lady Sorrel sings along with Kytaran, bowing slightly and radiating towards Lina and Wann. Though it was dire tidings they brought, the Seamstress could not help but be invigorated by this chance meeting. And an invite to perform at Harshwinter's own theatre!

"I will see you tomorrow's eve, my lady," Lady Sorrel says to the woman, then she looks with interest as Lina Sends her message. "Is there some need you have right now that we might help you with?"


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 08-08-2019, 07:33 PM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is offline
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,972
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Noon
left-aligned image

The lady Lina sighed with mild annoyance as a silent response reached her, and then turned her eyes to the Seamstress, muttering something along the lines of “We’re just in need of a ride to meet the Seeker. The establishment I usually rent them from is all out of stock…” Just for a giggling Elrohir to nod his head knowingly before adding “…stock of carts big and sturdy enough to travel the city at full speed, yet of style and driving discrete enough to not turn heads your way? I had a bit of a headache securing some for GDI last night, and I may have gone slightly over-board when hiring drivers for today. I would be honored if you were to take one of them now to go meet with our mutual friend, after all the driver’s service has already been paid for.”

Meanwhile, Wann managed to gather himself, leave a small pile of gold on the table for the kenku’s troubles and start walking towards the door, offering a word or two to each detective as he passed them by. It was subtle, but there remained the faintest trace of arcane power flowing through his eyes as he bid his cryptic farewells before coming to rest against the doorframe and raising his voice towards the older elf. “Then I’ll take you up on that offer! A wizard may never arrive late, but we’re kind of pushing the boundaries of common decency here. Expect a small guard to retrieve that skeleton come nightfall, as well as a list of registered magic users the little sheriff had requested of the Pansophical, and that I now see is a more urgent matter than what the old paper-pushers had expected.”

Thus the powerful couple prepared to leave, as the members of the SSTF remained to ponder their next move after a more than interesting morning at the Promenade.

right-aligned image

It all happened in an instant. With a blur of motion, the door that the little girl had been about to open was kicked out of its frame as the nimble Silvana rushed in, aiming to handcuff Cirith before she could escape again. Meanwhile, Drea could feel the little dragonborn struggling in her arms, but just as quickly as she’d been snatched, fire started pouring out of her delicate mouth, burning the sorceress in the process.

The chaos of the scene only grew as the drow decided to stand her ground, shooting a bolt of lightning that hit the tiefling straight in the chest and sent her reeling for a second, but the gunslinger’s paralyzed fingers still clutched the manacles with fierce determination. At that moment, she decided to throw caution to the wind and tackle the woman directly, easily gaining the upper hand on the frail mage and pinning her against the bathroom’s floor, shouting out loud “Drea! Your cuffs!”

Back in the room, the doctor finally realized her clinic had been turned into a battlefield, and with utter desperation rushed inside, shouting frantically “FOR MERCY’S SAKE CIETH, LET ALIANA GO! SHE’S GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS! I AM BEGGING YOU, TAKE ME INSTEAD!” as she dashed under the beaded curtain, only to stop dead in her tracks at the scene of the now visible detectives before her.

And just in case there wasn’t enough going on at that point, a pale looking young man then came out of the patients’ room, shaking as he whimpered something to the tune of “Th… the baby is…” as a female voice behind her started bellowing with pain while in the distance, the sound of the officers rushing towards the building while shouting at any bystanders to clear the streets could be heard. In that moment, Ash felt a creeping suspicion that their mark had been in the clinic after all.
 
__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-21-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 08-10-2019, 01:16 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,310
left-aligned image


As her hands begin to burn, a torrent of curses and swears escape Drea's mouth. "Go to your momma, you little..." Drea points the little dragonborn toward the fearful doctor, and gives her a shove away from her. "Ow." she says, her hands feeling as if they're still on fire, as she rushes to Silvana's aid, pulling the cuffs out and will Not sure if this is one too many actions or not.
I know the pointing the baby dragonborn's fire away was considered a Bonus Action.
If the attempt can be made...
Dice Shackle Attempt, using basic melee bonus.:
1d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21
attempt to get them on the Drow.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 08-14-2019, 10:46 AM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 3542
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,187
AsheleAshele's mind whirls as events spiral out of control. She unfolds the message the doctor gave her, glancing at it briefly. Should she intervene with the capture of Cirith? She didn't want to discard her disguise until she was certain she'd obtained all the evidence it could give her. What she really wanted was something that could allow her to lock up Cirith's co-conspirators. Surely two trained detectives were enough to take her? Deciding to err on the side of caution, the young detective follows after the doctor, tentatively parting the beaded curtain to peer into the room.
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 08-14-2019 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 08-14-2019, 11:34 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,200
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
The bladesinger bows slightly to show his respect as the odd couple leaves. Once they are gone he gathers up the members of the investigative team, trying to insure they have some form of privacy.

”Well, that was unexpected, but not unwelcome. The question is what we will do next? Lady Sorrel, you mentioned being in a position to get me into the mage’s library, but I wonder now if that should take the back seat for a while? We have, after all, gained valuable insight into the ritual magic used for the attack from one of the most powerful magic users I have ever met,” he says, unable to hide the awe from meeting Wann, now that the gnome is gone.

”I had planned to see the elven ambassador in the city. Perhaps he can shed a light on the issue with the dead bladesinger and the displacer beast. What else do we have planned?”

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 08-15-2019, 06:20 AM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 2492
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,541
Lady Sorrel bids adieu to the powerful pair as well, smiling warmly as they depart. If the words that Wann had left with her disturbed the tiefling, it did not show in her face except for a certain thoughtful look in her eye after the two were long gone.

"Yes, dear Kytaran, I still believe that is in my power, but we may postpone that part of our agreement for now," the Seamstress says. "For my own part, while we are in the Cloudtop I had wished to pay a visit to a friend whose designs I recognized on the tattered robes of the dead cultists that we discovered yesterday." The sweet venom in her smile makes it clear that this friend was no friend at all. "She is a seamstress herself, though one with little in the way of originality or flair. Perhaps she might point us to someone else that it'd be in our best interest to speak with."


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,993
Valdur
left-aligned image

Valdur rolled his neck, popping the stiff joints therein once the impromptu meeting was over with, sighing loudly as he did so. The discussion that had been had was certainly very involved and served to display the Gnome's genuine powers of foresight. There were details that just made the Dwarf furrow his brow, not fully understanding the context of such words. Like a song that can only be sung by Tieflings because it makes mention of some holy and unholy beings. Regardless, they had gotten a great deal of info and now they were ready to tackle other tasks.

Hearing Sorrel mention her friend he made his comment behind her. "Actually I still need to visit a priestess of th' Raven Queen. Th'... *ahem* Th' one I met at th' brothel the other night. Goes by Nikte. Apparently she could have some useful insights of her own regarding what th' Raven Queen wants out of this whole ordeal. Or, maybe just me. Seemed to have a special interest in me." He shrugs. "Not sure why. I respect th' gods but don't follow them all that closely."




Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 08-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is offline
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-17-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,972
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar – Early Afternoon
right-aligned image

Amidst the lightning and the flame, the brave sorceress pushed the little girl towards her mother and pushed herself into the fray, raising the cuffs she’d been trusted with against the dark elf before she could cast any further spells. Her hand was swift, and with Silvana’s help she managed to clasp Cirith’s left ankle with one end just as she attempted to teleport away. The first thing Drea felt was the adrenaline rush of her daring act, followed by the quickened tension of the chain connecting the cuffs, which she was still firmly grasping. And then there was only pain.

In the blink of an eye Silvana witnessed horrified as both women were ripped from space before her, their flesh sundered and then vanished before they could even let out a scream. And then with a wet *thud* they both reincorporated, slick with their own blood and collapsed against the wooden floor some 20 ft away from the bathroom. The would-be runaway managed to stand up first, paying no mind to the wounds that had opened once more across her stomach as she tried to break free from the magical bindings.

But the SSTF detective would not lose her grip on the chains, reeling her away from the exit as the shouts of the policemen outside drew closer. Wood and metal cracked as the first of them seemed to reach the door just before them and tried to kick it down. There was now desperation in Cirith’s eyes.
Meanwhile, the little girl had found the safety of her mother’s embrace as the flames erupting from her mouth gave way to scared sobs, tears already running wildly down her face. Still, the fire had burned for long enough to reach both the doctor and Ash, neither of which seemed to pay it much mind as it continued to lick at their clothes, entirely too focused in the rest of the scene around them. It was then that Dr. Luminaar’a finally heard the cries of her patient going into labor and saw the panicked face of the young man begging for her help.

The dragonborn’s eyes darted from the intensive care room to the exit, holding her daughter tightly before finally making her mind. Heavily, she sighed, steeled herself, and then turned to the still glamoured detective, pleading with her. “Quickly, take Aliana and run from here. I beg you. My patient needs me right now.” She finished saying this without realizing the elven woman had been quietly and discreetly reading the note she'd been given.

"She lived, barely.
I am discharging her now.
Come get her off my hands
and get your ******** off the wall.
Nevermind the money,
we are even after this, and
I'd rather never hear from you again.
-Dr. L'a."

left-aligned image

A soft drizzle showered the tall and noble buildings towering above the detectives as they made their way towards the Cloudtop district. The unnatural silence they’ve found along the streets of the Promenade was only amplified and made more poignant here, with even fewer people in sight, most of them rushing servants and somber guards, and none paying them any mind. If the old Tal’Dorei palace, now the seat of the council, could be said to be the heart of the cloudtop, then by all means the SSTF had reached its stomach: Eldenares’ street, famous for its pompous and exclusive restaurants, private artistic showings and its usual crowd of larger-than-life names, including ambassadors, divas, high priests, nobles and even the occasional hero.

Standing still amidst the uncharacteristically quiet venue, the companions discussed their next course of action. Splitting from the main road to the left were a series of high-end stores that catered to the tastes of the elite: jewels, exotic pets, browsing shops and the like. There they could find a certain other seamstress who appeared to be doing business with some alarmingly unsavory individuals. To the right, the envoys of the other kingdoms and powers of Exandria made their home as the architecture of the city wildly shifted to accommodate their people’s taste: the dwarven’s marvels of ingenuity representing the dominion of Kragg-Hammer, the elven’s natural and magical designs enveloping the cityscape with the dreams of Syngorn, and even the floating abodes of the former Draconia’s surviving representatives lingering over their remaining allies. And then, following the main road to its very end, there rested the oldest and most prestigious states of Emon: the ancient homes of the families that once founded the nation alongside King Tal’Dorei himself, long before it could ever grow to become an empire spanning half the globe. From far away, the golden wings of the Kib’ler household could be seen flying along other, similarly respectable coats of arms. Yet still farther to the northwest, past the walls of the district, the bells of the myriad temples that had been overflowing with the faithful and the lost since the attack, finally stopped ringing their mid-day tolls.
 
__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 08-24-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 08-21-2019, 11:20 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-16-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,310
left-aligned image


For a brief and fleeting moment, Drea felt something she had long forgotten. Pride. A grin had begun to form on her lips, but quickly stretched out into a scream of absolute pain and terror as her flesh began to shred. And then... she was gone.

When they reappeared, the body of Drea held tight to the magical cuffs. "You. Caaan't. Go." her voice getting slower, even as she stood to face the Drow. With her free hand, she pulls out a small piece of iron and flicks it at the Drow's face, Spending 2 Sorcery Points to Quicken the Hold Person Spell.
Dice Wild Magic Surge:
1d20 20

Cirith must succeed on a Wisdom Save vs. DC of 14, or be paralyzed for the round.
casting a spell at her.

With the spell cast, a sudden rush of adrenaline surges through Theresa, as she lets loose an animal-like yell and leaps at Cirith, attempting to
Dice Shackle Attempt, part 2:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4

If I can, I'd like to use the 'Tides of Chaos' to manipulate chance and chaos and gain advantage... I'd forgotten I had this feature.
Dice Shackle Attempt, Advantage Roll:
1d20+2 (20)+2 Total = 22
get the other cuff on the woman's wrist.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 08-24-2019 at 02:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB