RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 04-17-2019, 09:37 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2019
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,994
Valdur
left-aligned image

With everyone moving as one for the time being, he knew that the interior of Gilmore's Glorious Goods would get crowded in a hurry. Valdur was along to ensure no demons or fey or other such extra-planar creatures were too heavily mixed up in this whole attack, more so than they already were. The Dwarf opted to stand outside the establishment and keep watch. Out of sheer curiosity he did take one slow lap around the building
Dice Investigation:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
to see if he could uncover any clues or something out of place around the shop before taking up his position near the front door. It was just around a corner in the mouth of an alleyway just so potential customers wouldn't see some heavily armored Dwarf with a big hammer standing right by the door and get rumor mills turning.


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-20-2019, 07:56 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2537
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,545
It had indeed taken them quite a while to get started - meetings, conferences and committees were the Lady's least favorite way to spend her time and this was why she usually operated alone. Still, she was pleased that they had finally made it to the road and even more pleased to find herself in the presence of Gilmore.

She fixes him with an alluring smile, but allows the others to speak first. The tiefling's eyes trace his outline as
Dice Insight:
1d20+5 (14)+5 Total = 19
she reads his body language. The sorcerer seemed comfortable enough, but everyone had secrets.


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-21-2019, 06:45 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,315
left-aligned image


Drea sat in the carriage as they rode along, watching as her kittens slept soundly. When they vehicle finally came to a halt, she carefully sat the bundle down, then looks up to the coachman. "Watch them." she tells him, flipping him a gold coin, before skipping her way after the others.

Once in the door, Drea quietly wandered about, looking at all the wondrous toys Gilmore had collected over the years. She had been here many times, always in the company of Master Fregar, and never allowed to touch anything. She hears little of Master Elrohir's conversation, but does catch that Gilmore's had been robbed. She beins to pay better attention, in an attempt to see if
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (8)+2 Total = 10
she notices anything she had wanted, not there anymore.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 04-21-2019 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is online now
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,983
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Mid-Morning

right-aligned image
"Oh my! So you are with the council now. Good, good, they could use some friends right about now, we all could quite honestly. Say hello to Allura from me when you get the chance by the way. Now then, as for what was taken... it pains me to say that the most valuable assets lost were in fact my employees. 5 of them, some with years in the store, one freshly hired two weeks ago, and all of them missing now, having seemingly walked out the store of their own volition before dissapearing into some pocket plain or another where my scrying cannot reach them. Whomever charmed my people seemingly also saw fit to take with them some 6800 gp worth of diamonds and rubies, as well as all my ivory and jade, and some 14000 more gold directly from our coffers, but not a single magic item from among my vast collection on display, which as odd as it may sound, I found quite vexing, on both a personal and proffesional level."

As Gilmore speaks, it is easy to notice the worry and indignation past his lilac eyes. Human as he is, and fast-aproaching his 50th birthday, the lines on his face, both natural and magical, and the white strands of meticulously arranged hair betray his passionate speech, revealing someone who's been through a lot in his time, and doesn't quite have the energy he used to. After speaking, the dark-skinned magus sighs and starts walking across his store with both hands behind his back, as magic emanating from him picks up and arranges items as he passes, prestidigitation cleaning the racks and dusting the curtains, over and over again. It doesn't take much to realize he does it mindlessly, almost routinely, as a way to keep his stress at bay.

After a while, he rests his hand on a large, two-handed sword engraved in dwarven runes which shimmer in low green light upon contact with his fingers, before talking again, with emphasis and quite a bit to say. "Enchanted weapons, animated trinkets, protection scrolls, an entire distillery worth of potions of all kinds, rows upon rows of books filled with spells, and all they took were my staff and most expensive reagents? Not even the rarest mind you, the ones hardest to collect and the most complex preparations are still where they should. Just the expensive stuff. That would make it look like a common robbery, one that would still grant any fencer plausible deniability, as unlike most magic items here that could later be traced back to our store, jewels and coins are mostly indistinguishable. But this was far too elaborate a plan to be just that, at least in my opinion. Someone clever enough to understand that charming my employees and having them take the inventory out was the safest method to avoid my magical wards, and powerful enough to succeed in doing so with all of them at once, doesn't seem to me like the common thief that would only be after monetary gains. And for this to happen, on the one day I was far from Emon, that my competitors at the mage's guild were almost assassinated and my beloved friends at the Lyceum actually were, it does not sit well with me at all, yet no matter where I look, there is no clear enemy I can point my fingers at. But trust me, I'll be looking for one, and I'll be getting my people back. Looks like I'll have the time, seeing as the sorcery course I would have been teaching will not be opening for the forseeable future!"

As this happens inside, Valdur decides to take a good look at the surroundings of the building. At first, all he sees out of place is a young and handsome, albeit ragged and not entirely clean man putting up posters on the side of the building, promoting some sort of play for all the Promenade to see. He also notices several locales had decided not to open for the day, most of the magic ones for starters, and that those that were up and running were also displaying quite a bit of added security, most likely hired from the Clasp from the looks of them. But other than that the streets were silent, at least as much as they could within an open market, with no bards singing nor children playing, as thin lines of smoke still billow out from the abandoned haberdashery a few blocks away, which had been fire-balled the night prior with Silvana inside, taking out with it the second strange mural the group had found depicting heretical images.

 

__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-22-2019, 05:45 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 3579
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,194

Ash wanders through the
Dice investigation:
d20+10 (20)+10 Total = 30
inventory, touching nothing. When the others ask Gilmore about the robbery, she takes out her notebook and moves to a position where she can see
Dice insight:
d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23
Gilmore's face.

As she finishes her notes, she looks up into his eyes. "Sir Gilmore... I would be happy to pass on your compliments to Allura... unfortunately, her location is unknown. Can you describe your five employees to me? Were there witnesses that saw them leaving your establishment with the pilfered items, and can we rule out whether other bad actors have entered your store or robbed you in the interim? Lastly..." Ashele sighs. "My father may have been an erstwhile student of the arcane arts, but I myself have not inherited his abilities, meager though they may have been. It seems that you have been relieved of not only a vast sum of gold, but of materials that could be used as reagents in spells. I'm wondering if a skilled practitioner like yourself can venture any guesses as to why these specific reagents were taken, while others were not? Are there specific kinds of spells or schools of magic that utilize these kinds of reagents? You mentioned..." She looks back at her notes "Diamonds, rubies, ivory, and jade. And gold. Is gold itself intermittently used as a spell component?"

 

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 04-22-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-24-2019, 03:16 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is online now
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2557
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 4,721
Elrohir - Owner of GDI
right-aligned image


The old elf was grateful for those in his company each of them had a unique insight and way at looking at things which even after one hundred year alive he wasn't able to look from. He would learn though from these people and be better for it. He could still learn and adapt, he wasn't that old yet.
"Your employees took everything from your store. If I were to pick up this Magic sword here..." Elrohir struggles to lift the mighty great sword on display right next to him "and walk out the door would there be any magic that alerts you to it's theft? What I mean to ask is the items that you're employees took things from you, could those items be tracked or would they have to turn off the magic upon them also." Carefully placing the great sword back, not wanting it to fall and take of his leg Elrohir continues in his line of questioning "Do you think that the items taken were taken because of the ease that they could be fenced or for some other purpose."

"You've already tried magically trying to locate your employees, do you have hair or blood of theirs in your possession to perform the divination magic? Could I please have some." Thinking of the big brother magic cameras "Could you please tell us when each employee went missing, what they looked like. It'd be interested to know if they all walked to the same location with the items or if they met the same person and off loaded the goods to them."

Elorhir looks to the others "Just spit balling here. How many soldiers could you buy for 20,000 gold pieces? A small army? ... what else
would someone need that amount of gold for?"


OOC



*****


 



[/FIELDSET]
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-26-2019, 01:24 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,315
left-aligned image


"It depends on the quality of said soldiers." Theresa says aloud, taking control of the shared body so quickly, that it looked almost as if the young girl had a sudden bout of whiplash. "But I figure..." she tilts her head side to side, counting in her head. "One hundred sixty to one seventy-five? With four or five captains to lead them?" she guestimates. Her left eye begins to twitch, and she rubs at it with the heal of her palm, turning away.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 04-26-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-26-2019, 06:40 PM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,207
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
Listening silently as Gilmore talks, and when the others pipe in, Kytaran feels like one thing is obvious. ”This new employee of yours. What do you know about them? We need a name, place of residence, family and how they came to your attention,” he says brusquely. When Gilmore’s brows furrow he explains his thought process. ”If I was going to try to charm your employees and steal from you, I would try to get my own guy in first. Get information, get close to the other members of staff. That sort of thing. It does seem like too much of a coincidence that this happens so soon after you hire someone new,” he says.

As the others mull things over, he feels like he should mention his thoughts about what was stolen. ”I’m sure you know most of the materials stolen could be used to fuel one or another spell. Protection, resurrection and conjuration often requires diamonds. And you of course know that jade and ivory are often associated with rune-carving and infused magic,” he says, looking at the others as he speaks. If they don’t make the connection between that little tidbit and the magical things they’ve been dealing with there really is no helping them. Elohir at least should make the connection. Ashele too, probably. He doesn’t go into details about spells that can be fueled by such materials. Not here, not now. But many of them are far from nice.

”I suspect no one else in the city had as large a stockpile of those reagents as you did. Who knows. Perhaps they only really wanted one of the materials stolen and took the rest because it disguises their intent, and they could be sure you had no chance of scrying a random piece of jade or ivory,” he continues.

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is online now
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2557
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 4,721
Elrohir
After hearing that ivory is great for infusing magic with Elrohir poses a question to the arcanists in the room.
"Human bone or in particular Drow bone is that easy to infuse magic with... and in a hypothetical situition we all know isn't hypotheical how would one go about doing that to a person you wanted alive?"
As an after thought he adds "some of those items are used for resurrection. If you had the right resurrection spell would you need to worry about your Drow assassin surviving the infusion of magic with his bones if you could resurect him after the spell has been performed?"

Last edited by Xalnaga; 04-26-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-27-2019, 11:28 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2537
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,545
"Perhaps," the Lady says in response to Elrohir's point. She brings a hand to rest lightly on her chin, the loose black material of her glamoured armor form rolling down her arm to reveal the dark brown of her arms. "But I doubt they have thousands of assassin's to be resurrected. If this robbery is indeed linked to the attack on the Lyceum, I doubt the goal would be so small as personnel management or mercenaries."

She'd caught Kytaran's look earlier and grasped the implication immediately.

"The thief may be interested in casting thousands of small spells or," The honed instincts of performance force her to pause here for just a moment. "One massive one." She turns her attention to Gilmore again and addresses him for the first time. "Dearest Gilmore, do you know aught of ley lines?"


StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-28-2019, 06:34 AM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is online now
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,983
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Mid-Morning
left-aligned image
The first of you to approach Gilmore had been an eager and inquisitive Ashelle, who peered into the sorcerer’s tired eyes and gestures with the hunting skills of a falcon, looking for anything that would reveal more than what words alone were willing to. One by one, her questions are answered, as soon would be those of everyone else. "U-unknown, you say. Well, that's hardly surprising, as with her around there likely wouldn't have been such an attack on the first place! I am sure she'll show up soon enough, after fooling around with Thunderbrand and some experimental spells most likely. Regarding those workers of mine... here, let me show you."

And with that he lifts a finger, swirling it around for a couple seconds as his eyes flashed an intense purple before the images of five people appeared before him, shimmering softly, much as Assum's maps had the day prior. Pointing at them in turn, the glorious owner of the establishment fills you in. "Nadia, 36, human. A more than competent evoker and the store's manager since the reconstruction 10 years ago. Cl'xco, 112, gnome. Enchanter extraordinaire and my favorite drinking buddy since I arrived in Emon as a young lad. Patricia, 47, half-orc. A gifted alchemist, in charge of potion-making, used to be a shaman before coming to Emon, seeking refuge like many others from the dragons' wake. Olivia, 312, elven. Our expert regarding arcane history and obscure lore, she'd been taking some hours off to work as private tutor for those seeking to apply at the Lyceum, as she's been doing at this time of the year, every year, pretty much since its founding. Morgana, 21, half-elf. Our new hire, and the brightest abjurist I've ever come across. Headmaster Thormund recommended her himself during the Highsummer festival, saying I'd be a damned fool not to take such a promising youth under my tutelage."

Any further comments Gilmore may had at the ready regarding his people were cut short by the impressive barrage of questions that both the newly-appointed and long-time-serving detectives seemed to have at the ready. He stopped for a moment, but allowed the magic semblances remain still among them as he tried his best to keep up with the verbal assault headed his way. "Yes, there were witnesses. Seemingly the boys weren't trying to be subtle at all. Our neighbors on the other end of the street said that Nadia and Morgana had gone out for lunch at their usual time, and little after coming back, all five of them had exited the building carrying heavy sacks and closing shop with the usual magic protections. Well, they didn't tell me this themselves, but rumors fly on the Promenade, and the Seeker's men had an eerily exhaustive narration at the ready of how they had advanced westward towards the walls, before disappearing among the dense gatherings of people pressing against the city gates, without showing up on the other side. As for any further intrusions, we DID have an alarm go off last night, but only the first line of defenses were activated, indicating someone had tried to come in. Most have been a tough fellow, as Nadia had left a nasty psychic surprise for any would-be burglars, the last couple who tried and come outside regular hours having remained catatonic on our steps for the Emon police to find come the morning. Your father had a knack for magic? That's an odd occurrence in families not known for their gift, so you may surprise yourself levitating a few inches above ground one of these days, trust me, happened to me and nearly scared my dear mother half to death. In any case, the reagents taken are key for both small enchantments and large scale rituals. Diamonds are always our hottest items on sale regarding the clerical crowd, though only the most powerful spell casters in town bothered asking for them. Rubies have always been on much higher demand, with the magic guild and the Lyceum being our best clients by far. Conjurers and the city's own abjuration force, those in charge of the magical defenses, need constant supplies of them, so we tend to keep a healthy stock of a couple dozens or so at all times. Gold CAN be used for ritual-casting, but it's about as wasteful as building a house out of pearls. Most folk actually aware of what they are doing tend to go for the much more sensible route of spending their gold in order to acquire whitestone or some other means to accelerate or empower their castings. Again, I have my own theories regarding why only these items were taken, and while I cannot deny the possibility of their worth being the core motivator for taking them, their importance seems far too ominous to ignore, and it worries me greatly that my own materials could be used to replicate the atrocities committed yesterday against our people."

As detective Orome seemed to pause for a moment in order to get her notes in order, Gilmore coughed a little and proceeded to apparate a large and obnoxiously adorned chalice in his hand, taking a quick sip and sighing before putting it down on a nearby shelf, making sure his shop's logo was perfectly visible on its golden surface for any curious onlooker. It was Elrohir in her stead that kept up pushing the interrogation forward, retracing some ground already covered, yet still asking some interesting questions for the markeesian man to mull over before answering. "Yes, an alarm would go off and notify all six of us wherever we may be, and you'd likely not make it more than five to ten feet out the door without collapsing from the constant mental attacks you'd trigger. But in case you succeeded, tracking wouldn't quite rely on any spell placed upon the items, but instead on the arcane divinations of the item's own existence somewhere in the material plane. Such creations, all of which I am deeply familiar with of course, would be quite easy to identify, not as much with the common jewels and coins. Regarding that blood... I DID use to have such measures of security close at hand, but a couple years ago the mages' guild managed to pull their strings over at the Master of Law's office and be assigned as the official supervisors of such safekeeps, <<Less any business owners lacking scruples were to commit any sort of abuse or transgression upon their employee's>>" Gilmore mimicked in a somewhat decent attempt at the slow and deep voice of the Arbiter Brom Goldhand, even adding his infamous gulps and groans in-between sentences. He smiled childishly for a second before following up by saying "So you should better go up to them if you wish to have access to those scrying focuses, not that I would usually have need of them should my targets currently occupy space within the same plane I am on. If those tedious mages don't grant you access, I am sure that the Pansophical also has their own samples, in complete disregard of the Republic's laws and concerns of course, but those fellas are even more tedious than our friends at the guild, so I wouldn't count on their cooperation if I were you. Now, I know very little of armies, but even I can tell you that the real cost involved with them is not hiring or even arming people, but instead keeping them well-fed and rested enough to march at your command, and such a sum as this would go a long way in keeping some hundred mouths or so content and at the ready for a good time."

Then it was Kytaran's turn on the saddle, his sharp tongue cutting quick to the chase regarding Morgana's possible implication on the case. Gilmore listened, his expression souring with every word the bladesinger spoke, but he did respond, just as he had with all the others. "Morgana Arzamendi, or my protégée as her co-workers had gotten to call her, lives against my better intentions and offers in a large complex of improvised apartments on the northern slums, right outside the nightlife sector, and at earshot distance from the musicians' plaza, at least as far as I recall her saying. The slums don't exactly have street names nor numbers for their doors, but I suppose such capable detectives as yourselves won't have much issue finding the place based on that. She lived there alone, with her parents trying to support her life in the capital as best they can with their jobs as music instructors in Westruun. While I am not blind enough to deny the possibility, and actual likelihood or her involvement given the looks of things, I would highly doubt that the Lyceum's most notable honor student in recent history had been plotting to rob me of all I am worth before skipping town on the very day of her gradua..." and it was then that the realization dawned upon the now pale Gilmore, as at one his age and exhaustion settled down upon his face. He blinked twice, staring at you all in turn, before elaborating further. "Gods above... yesterday... Morgana was just meant to help Nadia with the busy opening hours before rushing for the Lyceum... we had helped her write her speech... but if she was kidnapped just before that..."

He then stepped aside, entirely disregarding your presence and any further words you may have spoken, as arcane runes shone brightly upon his face and filled the entire room with purple light as he spoke into thin air. "Damn you halfling, why didn't you say anything about Morgana? Was she at the Lyceum? WAS SHE AMONG THE VICTIMS?! TELL ME NOW!" as the lights died down, his face remained expectant, and suddenly, as if he had been deflated, he fell to the side, barely managing to catch himself on the wall as a few magic trinkets fell and clattered on the ground around him from the shelves above. "So she was there... and her body wasn't found? Good grief, this girl will be the dead of me." He half-joked, finally returning his attention to you all, adding. "I don't know what Morgana did or did not, all I care about right now is that you find her, and find her quick, alongside the others and alive hopefully. I had been so worried about the shop that I hadn't even thought of the possibility that she would still had made it to the Lyceum. Mother dear, now I know why you warned me about the pains of rising kids..." he finished before giving a half-hearted laugh and trying to regain his composure before absent-mindedly answering the last lingering questions uttered before his lapse in concentration. "Infusing bone with magic? Only thing I've ever heard like that is the creation of a lich. Ugly business. You'll often find them as mere skeletons, obsessed with finding a way to transmute their earthly remains into gems to further guarantee their frail immortality. That's not the kind of knowledge I would have on the first place, nor would I be willing to part with it under any condition if I did. And I don't know about any drow, but unless you are a holy champion of a god or the highest of high priests, resurrection magic requires a reasonably intact body, else the soul would return just to die once more, though you should ask someone whose forte actually is divine magic, with which I've only ever had the slightest brush. Now what is it I hear about ley lines? Fascinating things, Olivia and I have been studying them for a while. We have a theory their connected with the development of magic in a society, and even the birth of sorcerers of a runic inclination, much as myself, but so far our investigation is in the early stages. If you wish to know about them, you'd be better off looking into written records, the OLD, REALLY OLD kind of records mind you. But at the very least I can tell you that there is one that runs south to west of Emon, it's strongest point having been directly under the Lyceum, intentionally of course."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Meanwhile, just as he was finishing with his round of the building, Valdur was approached by one of the guards from the nearby shops, a dark-furred tabaxi, who raised his hand in a martial salute before speaking to him in perfectly unbroken dwarven, saying “Hail friend, are you the muscle of those inside? I may recognize one or two of them from a little tussle at the docks last night. Now then, I don’t intend to waste your time, but if you could tell the elf men that their friend Keith from the rooftops wished to have a word with them once their done with their business here, I would make it worth your while.” Before flashing five gold coins between his claws, sharp as daggers and about as menacing, contrasting even more sharply with the friendly look of his grinning smile.

 





__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 04-28-2019 at 06:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2537
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,545
"Thank you for the information, dear Gilmore," Lady Sorrel says with a soft touch. The man was clearly under enormous pressure. Between the financial losses to his business, the compromised safety of his staff (and in particular the young Morgana for which he seemed to have a deep, fatherly affection) and the general reeling most seemed to feel in the wake of the attack on the Lyceum. He had made himself enormously available to their questioning.

"I understand your shop is not currently open for business," The tiefling says, looking around the store with a sympathetic eye. "But the current situation notwithstanding, this place remains Emon's pillar of mystic artifice. We will do what we can to ensure Morgana's safety. I promise you that.
Dice Persuasion:
1d20+10 (13)+10 Total = 23
But our investigation would be greatly aided if your inventory could be opened to us for a moment - it would be an honor to have our gold be the first in Gilmore's temporarily emptied coffers."



StatBlock
 
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-01-2019, 05:09 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2019
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,994
Valdur
left-aligned image

He grumbled softly to himself after taking a walk around Gilmore's shop. He concluded it was more good than bad that he found no obvious evidence or clear signs of intrusion out there. But it could've been just as likely magical means were used and his abilities there were... limited. Still, at least he wasn't being idle on his watch while the rest were speaking to Gilmore. While he waited
Dice Perception:
1d20+3 (8)+3 Total = 11
he continued to keep watch, not anticipating them to return but given what all has happened thus far he wished to take no chances.

His ears perked when he heard Gilmore's voice suddenly pick up inside. The question must've been heating up. He reached into his arm and fished out a compact smoking pipe that he turned over in his gloves. Crudely carved from black ash wood, even carved indents were one's fingers would go. The bowl was deep and designed to hold a great deal of tobacco, more than a normal pipe. Taking his dagger he took a moment to clean out the bowl when a furred figure approached him. His eyebrow quirked when the Tabaxi spoke surprisingly good Dwarven. Sounds like he didn't wish to be easily overheard. He noted the coin in his palm and the look he gave to go along with it and
Dice Insight:
1d20+6 (20)+6 Total = 26
furrowed his brow some, carefully watching this figure. He sheathed the dagger and stuck the pipe back into his armor, replying in Dwarven, "Keep th' coin. I'll ask your payment be your name that I can also pass along t' them; You can keep th' gold. They'll know about Keith once they're finished."


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-03-2019, 11:09 AM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 3579
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,194

Morgana... "That name seems familiar. I think I have something about her in my notes." Ashele leafs through her notebook, before reading a section out loud:

Quote:
Many of the survivors were horribly injured. Three individuals - Professor Okabe Redwing, Juan Scut'zia, and Morganna Arzamendi are missing. Whatever power the attacker used distorted and amplified magic. I suspect that these missing individuals attempted to teleport a short distance and instead found themselves on a different plane or simply dead through teleportation failure.
Ash scratches her head. "So, it sounds like she was indeed at the Lyceum, but she survived the explosion, presumably by planeshifting. Clearly she's still in some difficulty, as evidenced by her inability to return home. But why would she go to graduation after the whole mind controlled thieving escapade? If she was in her right mind, why did she not contact the guard? And if she was still mind controlled, then why would her mind controllers bother to send her to her graduation? Could she have been mind controlled even as she was attempting to teleport away? I'd imagine not having control of your mind would make spellcasting difficult." Nothing made sense.

Ash sighs. "So, five missing persons. Can we get the place of residence for Nadia, Cl'xco, Patricia and Olivia?"

 

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; 05-03-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-03-2019, 11:19 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,207
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
As before, Kytaran doesn’t write anything said down. He’s always had a good memory, and the magical earring he acquired years ago has only enhanced his already superb mental abilities. Clearly, Ashele also has a keen mind, even if she needs to keep notes, for she recalls hearing about Morgana before. ”It sounds to me as if we should make some inquiries about this Morgana,” he begins. ”I’m not a great believer in coincidences.”

He thinks for a while as Ash asks for the residences of the rest of the missing staff. He’s not sure there is much value in investigating them. Or, he’s at least convinced that Morgana should be first on their list if they want to pursue this angle. ”Gilmore, is there anything else about Morgana you can tell us? Any known friends, taverns she frequented, family, anything that could help us?” he asks.

”Oh, and before I forget,” he says, pulling out one of the many sheets of papers he meticulously copied the runes from the bones onto, showing it to the sorcerer. ”Does this writing make any sense to you? Do you know what language it is?”

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB