RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:22 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,207
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
As the investigators leave the shop, Valdur tells them about the Tabaxi from the night before. ”This is good,” he tells the others. ”We want to be on good terms with the Clasp, share intel when we can. I’ll go to Mother Goose’s for an early lunch, and any of you are welcome to join me, of course,” the elf says, adding the last bit almost as an afterthought.

”Elrohir, if you want I can try to use my magic to find out more about the knife, but I’d prefer to do it without being observed. Perhaps in that carriage? But tell the driver to keep the wagon still as I cast. It will take a few minutes and I don’t want a bump in the road ruining the effort,” he says as he walks to the wagon.

OOC
 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is online now
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2557
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 4,721
Elrohir - Owner of GDI
right-aligned image


Elrohir offers his hand to Lady Sorrel to aid her getting aboard the horse drawn taxi.

"Please, I'd love to know what this thing can really do." The old elf hands the knife over and climbs into the wagon. "Shall we do lunch before heading to the Mage's Guild?"




OOC
Short post in work. sorry.


*****


 



[/FIELDSET]
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 AM
ihinka's Avatar
ihinka ihinka is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2019
RPXP: 1720
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Posts: 1,080
By the book and due diligence!
right-aligned image
Silvana's eyes followed Lady Sorrel, her mind flashing back to the interesting and a bit ominous position they'd woken up in. It was still very perturbing, especially in connection with the dark poem they'd read. This case they were all investigation was so very multifaceted that had one single investigator been assigned to it, they'd most probably have gone insane by now by the multitude of leads, factions involved, interests, and collateral connections. As it stood, it was a good think the task-force existed for each investigator had their own perspective and their own way of thinking, looking at things and interpreting clues and information.

So when the unusual sorceress who seemed to follow Elrohir whenever possible expressed desire to join her and Ash to the Northern Slums Silvana simply nodded. "If two heads is better than one, then three is better than two." She smiled encouragingly at Drea who looked dejectedly in the direction of Elrohir and the group going to the Mage's Guild.

Turning to Ash Silvana smiled and once again nodded in ascent. "Yes, after yesterday's scolding by the Chief I'm inclined to try as hard to do things by the book, as it were, whenever possible. Not to mention our colleagues might have some new information on this Cirith Vel'ond to add to what Gilmore gave us. As for Morgana's residence. She is a person of interest, searching it is due diligence at best. Even if at the moment we don't feel there would be any pertinent information there."


Actions and Rolls
 



Character DetailsSheet

 


 
__________________
How do you wanna do this?!
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-19-2019, 09:38 PM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,315
left-aligned image


At Silvana's 'words of encouragement', Drea looks to her. Her face is mostly passive, but her brows are knit in a mixture of confusion and hurt. "I... only have one head." she says, uncertainty in her voice.

~ She means herself, Ash, and you. Don't be so dumb.

Drea frowns as the voice in her head scolds her. But her eyes soon go wide as she understands what Silvana was saying. "Oh I get it." she says, her head bobbing for a second, before she sits back into the cushion and tries to disappear as a blush burns across her cheeks.

"You didn't have to be mean. I just thought she was talking about you and... her." she mumbles to herself.

~ You need to stop mumbling to yourself. I can 'hear' you just fine, with just your thoughts.

Drea scrunches up her face. ~ Oh yeah? What am I thinking now?

~ Rude!

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-21-2019, 12:20 AM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is online now
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,983
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Late-Morning
right-aligned image

As the carriage makes its way into the spacious plaza which spanned the length of the military district, three detectives watched a retinue of police officers start heading in the opposite direction along the mostly empty streets, seemingly answering some sort of alarm from the south. Amidst the hissed protests of a couple unruly kittens which were to remain in the carriage, Ashelle, Silvana and Drea walked up the stairs of the Police Headquarters. The tall ceiling of the building and the narrow windows casting rays of pale light into the dark corridors gave off the sensation of entering a fortress rather than an administrative office, but both the tiefling and the elf were more than familiar with the hallways and offices of the precinct, and soon enough found their way to Chief Tanner, just as he was returning to the office with a fresh cup of coffee and a still steaming sweet-roll from the cafeteria. "So you think these investigations may be connected? That doesn't quite put my mind at ease, but then again little has managed to these last couple days. Come to my office and give me five minutes, Detective Tuson was just about to head out looking for your drow." The heavy old man said as he wolfed down his lunch and headed down the corridors towards the back, shouting to a bunch of newbies to rush ahead and stop Mr. Elijah from leaving the building. The fresh faces obeyed at once, leaving their desks and sprinting across the marble like men possessed. A thought did cross your minds while watching them, that if it weren't for the Seeker, you too would have been among them, running just as comically. Eventually, the two men returned, and a human fellow in his early forties addressed the room. "Morning ladies, and congratulations on the promotion. My brother was the sergeant in charge of recovering the bodies after the Lyceum attack, and he told me you combed through the auditorium in less than an hour, so it looks like I needn't worry you newbies don't know what you are doing. Well then, I've already got a small team ready to head out and some magic shackles ready to catch an arsonist, so if you've got any idea where we should be heading then I am all ears! We've got to catch this nutjob fast, before she gets to blow up any more stores!"

The chief rolled his eyes at the man's usual impatience, but said he'd find someone to manage the paperwork. "Taking dogs is sadly out of the question until SHE gets the a-ok from the clerics to return to active duty, but I'd recommend you employ a more discrete approach in any case. Oh, and I've just remembered! One of your friends from the SSTF came by earlier, asked me to identify some stuff he got from the Clasp. I imagine you'll run into this Thomas fella before I would, so you might as well take these with you." He added while retrieving a thin and long box of carved dark wood, which contained a wand, a signet ring, and a letter of identification signed and stamped by one Kade Fenmire from the Emon Police Magic Division.



left-aligned image
After a few minutes alone with the dagger, Kytaran raised an eyebrow and slowly opened his eyes before sharing his findings with the others. Gilmore had told them almost everything about it, but almost fell too far off the mark for the elf's liking. It didn't take long after having looked the proverbial gifted horse in the mouth that the literal ones took the carriage from the magic shop to the small cafe the Clasp tabaxi had spoken of. The place was out of the way, fairly elegant, and run by a quiet kenku bartender, who silently nodded at the detectives upon their arrival and pointed his dark feathers towards a lone customer sitting on a private booth in the back.

Keith is waiting with several newspapers extended over the table and two untouched and already cold cups of coffee before him; the sharp and aggressive look he'd shown Valdur earlier nowhere to be seen. As you approach, he starts talking out loud without looking in your direction. "This was his favorite place. Walter's secret spot. Even got a drink named after him, the smarmy ****. Now his name is all over the news and his blood's all over the vest I gifted him for our anniversary. That wasn't how I wanted his mother to find out he'd joined the Clasp. So, mighty detectives Kytaran Finuthin and Elrohir Gildor, EPDR #22 and #9 respectively, please tell me how I may help you make these bastards pay."

Only then did his large, feline eyes turned towards you, all the while his hands proceeded to motion a simple instruction in "If they try anything funny, shoot."thieves' cant to the dozen or so figures that had walked up to the glass since the SSTF members had entered, all of which had their crossbows loaded and ready to fire. It seemed like the Clasp was starting to lose the fear of acting in broad daylight.

 


 


__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 05-21-2019 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-22-2019, 09:56 AM
kymrel's Avatar
kymrel kymrel is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2482
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Posts: 2,207
Kytaran Finuthin
right-aligned image
After using his spell to learn the properties of the dagger, Kytaran hands it back to Elrohir, explaining in detail all he found out. ”Unless you have magical talent you’ve been holding out on the rest of us about, I’m not sure you can make the most use of this blade. It does not interest me, I do not desire it for myself, even though I could use it if nobody else has the talent and knowledge of the dwarven tongue,” he tells the investigator. The sly old elf might know a trick or two. Perhaps enough to bond fully with the knife. If not, he may have to do it himself, loathe as he is to bond with this dwarven trinket.

When the small group arrives at the café, Kytaran is the first to enter, moving cautiously as he does. He doesn’t suspect foul play, if the Clasp wants someone dead they tend not to invite them out to lunch. But in his line of work a little paranoia leads to a longer and somewhat more happy life. He nods at the bird-man behind the bar and sits down in the chair opposite the tabaxi. He doesn’t fail to notice the dozen or so figures peering into the café from the outside.

”How very brave of you all, creeping out of the shadows like that,” Kytaran says with a cheeky grin, motioning at what he presumes is Clasp muscle outside. He doesn’t show any fear. First of all because he’s self-confident enough to truly belief he could end all twelve of them, well, thirteen with Keith, but also because criminals tend to react well to unflappable people and think less of those who show fear. ”It is good to know we have staunch allies in the Clasp, ready to spring into action to avenge all those fallen in our beautiful city in the recent attacks,” he says. Keith seems very upset over loosing what Kytaran presumes was his spouse, and Kytaran wants to emphasise that many more are dead, and that other people than Keith and the Clasp will want revenge.

”But to answer your question, I’m not sure we are at the stage where goons with crossbows and billy clubs will be much use. What we need now is information. Anything you and your buddies in the Clasp know that could point us in the right direction. Help us find where to direct the just anger boiling within us all and we’ll let you in on the fun when the time comes to strike,” he says, closing his fist on the table to emphasize his words. ”How does this sound to you?”

OOC
 

 
__________________
People say I'm evil and twisted, but I really have the heart of a young boy. In a jar, on my desk.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Vislands's Avatar
Vislands Vislands is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2537
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Posts: 1,545
An espresso with a twist, please, Lady Sorrel orders at the bar. She enter with less caution that Kytaran, moving with an easy grace and cat-like confidence. Whatever situation they were entering didn't scare her. The two elves are pointed to a private booth, but the Lady lingers at another table. Her association to the two detectives is obvious, but like the crossbowmen who had appeared at the window's glass to threaten them, she stays on the outskirts.

The kenku brings her the espresso and she leaves a silver on the counter.

"May I play in here?" the Tiefling asks as removes her panflute from her sleeve and puts it to her lips, playing
Dice Performance:
1d20+7 (6)+7 Total = 13
a jaunty, somewhat invigorating tune that fits the sunshine outside, if not the heavy meeting that took place nearby.



StatBlock
 

Last edited by Vislands; 05-24-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is online now
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2557
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 4,721
Elrohir - Owner of GDI
right-aligned image


looking at the news paper Elrohir then sits down and picks up one giving the story that Keith was speaking about a bit of attention. He sips from a cup of coffee and immediately regrets it. He places it back down and continues to read. As Kyratan speaks a little harsh truth Elrohir listens and Insight check
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
watches Keith to see if anything changes in his mannerisms.


Elorhir turns and waves at the crossbow wielding claps lackeys outside, he turns around and Thieves Cant "There is nothing fear from friends Keithmoves his hands replying to the large catlike man.. "I take it the clasp and you yourself have taken some losses recently. For that I offer my condolences. Where was Walter when this happened to him? What was he doing?" Elorhir went to take another sip from the cold coffee but stopped an inch from his face and wrinkled his nose. "Kyratan is right. We would love to help our friends find justice but to do that we need something more to go on. What I can read in the news paper cannot be trusted at all. To be effective we need to the truth."

Elorhir looked to the bar keep and waved him over slid two gold coins into his hand "Some ale for our friends outside please. Some for us as well please."

Then once again back with the problem at hand Elrohir looks at Keith. More Thieves Cant - "Friend, what can you tell me of what goals the clasp are trying to achieve. We may have information which could benefit you in your undertakings. Let us work together so right the wrongs here in our home. Let us work togethe to restore peace.His hands move again as his hands move Elrohir comments "This really is a travesty. That a man like Walter would be killed like this. It is truly unimaginable times."



*****


 
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-27-2019, 04:10 PM
ihinka's Avatar
ihinka ihinka is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-14-2019
RPXP: 1720
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Posts: 1,080
Don't let her dimension door away!
right-aligned image
"An attack of this magnitude, sir, it wouldn't surprise me if there are multiple threads to it we'd need to pull to unravel the mystery." Silvana commented on their Chief's question. The gunslinger shifted her attention to Detective Tuson. "We do have a lead as to her whereabouts. But it is not one hundred percent certain. We found out she is a frequent customer of one Shaun Gilmore and he was able to trace the location of an item he sold to her. Now as you might realize there is no guarantee that item is still in her possession. But it is the only lead we do have."

Silvana looked from the Detective to Ash and then to Drea. "In case she does turn out to be at the location indicated to us by Gilmore, we would like to try for the careful, approach. She already knows there is a hunt for her and is likely to get spooked if we came at her in numbers and openly. Perhaps we could first confirm she is at the location and make sure to capture her without giving her the time to cast that blasted spell from last night." A trace of irritation crossed Silvana's face remembering how the female drow had given her the slip the previous evening. "She has not but one trick up her sleeve and we've been told she may be in the possession of more than few spell scrolls. If she'd recovered enough of her energy during the night, we should be wary of her as an opponent." The gunslinger finished and gave her companions the chance to express their opinions before all of them departed.


Actions and Rolls
 



Character DetailsSheet

 


 
__________________
How do you wanna do this?!
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-27-2019, 10:48 PM
Tyeal's Avatar
Tyeal Tyeal is offline
Superior Sorcerer Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-18-2019
RPXP: 4782
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Posts: 1,994
Valdur
left-aligned image

Valdur's personal first impression of The Clasp was far from favorable. He had an idea on how they operated when he was working with his chapter back home but seeing an operative in person didn't paint any brighter of a picture in his mind. After sharing his interaction he was considering which half of the group to go with as it looked like they were splitting up again. Going in groups of three or four seemed fairly reasonable in his mind but he wasn't excited meeting with The Clasp again. But judging from what everyone's goal was he opted to join Kytaran and Elrohir for the lunch date. Someone that could take some daggers and bolts would no doubt prove useful should talks go south.

The carriage ride was short with the Dwarf climbing out last and keeping near the door of the cafe while the big brains made their way to a seated figure who speaks up before anything else could be said.
Dice Insight:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
Valdur listened closely to what was being said, untrusting of the double-speak typically employed by those who work in the shadows. He reached for his maul as multiple figures, all visibly armed and staring into the cafe from the outside. His grip remained on his weapon that occasionally sparked across the stone head and metal gauntlet, eyes focused squarely on the multiple loaded arbalists.


Character Sheet
 
__________________
I am never without protection. Forever am I armed with razor wit and a sharp mind. - Anonymous
The RNG gods favor those that roleplay well. - Something I say very often
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-27-2019, 11:40 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 3579
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 5,194

Coming into the police station felt like coming home. It felt like ages ago that she'd been here, but it was only yesterday, wasn't it? Last night, with all the craziness, certainly made yesterday seem like a distant memory. Ashele unconsciously touches her neck, and winces a bit at the pain of the bruises concealed by her sister's scarf.

As they wait, Ash thinks about, then decides against telling the chief about the cult. It wasn't that she didn't trust him, however she wanted to speak with the seeker first to discuss whether it would be wise to disseminate their information.

Giving a nod to Detective Tuson when he arrives, she lays out the situation. "I'm glad to hear that you have a team ready, as our information is time sensitive. This will likely be a difficult operation. If Cirith Vel'ond is at this location, she may not be alone. Gilmore reports that she travels as part of an adventuring party of six members, including an ogre, two humans, and two other drow. At least some of the others are capable arcanists. Although, now that I think about it, it's possible that one of the other drow was an assassin encountered by some of the other detectives last night. If so, then he at least would be out of the picture. The dead Assassin had definite ties to the Lyceum attack." I really should have asked Gilmore to describe what they looked like.

Ash takes the wand and clasp ring from the chief. "I'll let Thomas know."

Quote:
without giving her the time to cast that blasted spell from last night.
"You mean the fireball? You worry she's going to torch her own residence?" That's one way to not get your deposit back! "Yes. I agree with you and the Chief, discretion sounds like a good tactic. We don't know everything she's capable of. And if she's with her fellow adventurers, a little surveillance might give us enough evidence to arrest all of them, instead of just her."



 

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,315
left-aligned image


Upon stopping before the station, Drea stepped out, the bundle of kittens squirming in her arms as she looks up at her former work home. She paused even as the other two began forward, and turned back to the cab to replace the mewling kittens inside. "You be good for the cabbie." she spoke to them, as if they could understand, then followed Ash and Silvana inside.

Drea follows after her fellow detectives, and waits in the Sergeants office, as asked. She For no other reason than she can...
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14
looks about the room, Theresa a constant in her mind, telling her not to touch things that look "shiny" or "pretty".

There the Sergeant and Detective return, there is a third man with them. Drea quirks her head slightly as they come in, then steps back until she finds herself against a wall, and stops to listen. She has nothing to add to what the other, smarter detectives have said., and shrugs at the look from Sylvana.

"We could also perhaps find a way to entrap them." Theresa says, pushing herself off the wall to stand up straighter. "I know a spell that will allow me to possibly hold two of them still, while we contend with the others." she looks to Ash. "If given the time, I could cast Hold on a second duo. Or, instead, I could cast Invisibility on up to four, two per casting of the spell. If either of these spells could help us apprehend our targets, I am sure that Drea or myself would be more than willing to help."

"Mistress- es." Drea adds, slumping back into the wall, then sliding down into a crouch, wishing to disappear.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 05-28-2019 at 10:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-29-2019, 12:49 AM
Jim Faindel's Avatar
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel is online now
I encourage peace
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Posts: 1,983
Chapter 2 – Unkind Kindling 14th of Quen’pillar - Late-Morning
left-aligned image
Heeding the detectives' warnings, Chief Tanner offers to keep a small squad of officers patrolling Gilmore's shop in civilian clothings, just in case anyone on their current list decided to drop by. Meanwhile, Tuson has produced a cigarette and is in the process of lighting it as he replies "That's some fine planning and all girls, I'll be sure to have my boys be extra-quiet when setting the stake-out, though you know how the men can get after waiting for a while. Sometimes the body just wants to jump into action!" He then proceeds to exhale a large and acre puff of smoke amidst the room, much to the Chief's annoyance, before turning his head towards Drea and winking with a side-smile.

"In any case you should be moving fast if you are going to move at all. Tuson, this may be your investigation still, but these detectives outrank you, so try not to get on their nerves. Good luck out there!" The chief salutes you all and proceeds to call in some other officers to deal with the required legal procedures, making faces at how cold his lunch coffee has gotten while setting things up.

right-aligned image
The Kenku bartender tilts his head as he hears Elrohir's request, but simply laughs and starts brewing several batches of coffee, which is quickly delivered to the men standing outside, including Valdur. This seemingly was a good move, as the morning is still cold, the sky looks like it may rain again in the afternoon, and the inviting music provided by the Seamstress seems to prompt many clasp members to put down their weapons and come in with their beverages. After all, its hard to aim with one hand.

Inside, the tabaxi rogue gives his men an incredulous look and begins cursing them through I actually don't have enough insults to put in here, but assume he never stops berating them through this entire exchange.thieves' cant, not really knowing whether to laugh or cry at their lack of discipline. But as the detectives speak, his face turns serious once more. "You've met Walter alright, it would have been hard not to, as you retrieved his corpse and discovered his slit throat on that accursed rooftop. A gifted mage from the lyceum and a promising clasp member, murdered by that filthy drow mere yards away from where the spirelings where chatting with the council. Hell detectives, you tell me whether he was the target or just a casualty here!"

He coughed a couple of times and motioned for the kenku to bring him something. The bird man soon came with what looked like a tall glass of iced tea, the green leaves still swirling as the water absorbed their flavor. Taking a long swig before talking again, Keith eventually continued saying: "This is what I can offer you, pointy-ears. We are going to track down every single darkskin in this gods-forsaken city, figure who they are, what they are doing. If you have a better clue for us to follow, just tell us and we'll provide the man-power to follow through. If you want to play ball, we may even give you a call before busting down someone's door and breaking their knee-caps. In return, you take that information and track whoever the **** was pulling the strings last night, because I am gonna enjoy making that piece of **** beg for mercy for what he did."


 

__________________
If I could be an expert in just one arcane
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Xalnaga's Avatar
Xalnaga Xalnaga is online now
Watching siliently
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2557
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Posts: 4,721
Elrohir - Owner of GDI
right-aligned image


Elrohir remembered Walter now. He remembered watching him slump to the ground, he could remember the blood. "The man who killed Walter is dead. He is the one who exploded and nearly killed all of us at the table." Elrohir thought for moment. He didn't want the clasp going around killing drow just because they were of the same race as the murderer but there was something. If Walter's murderer was a drow and as was the person who got away from Silvana with the use of magic. The old elf took a sip of his coffee before opening his mouth again. "How ever Walter's murderer would not be working alone. Kyratan and my self studies the bones of the murderer and found similar traces magic to the magic use to destroy the forgot how that is spelt sorry.lyceum." With another sip Elrohir sat up straighter "I have a working theory. Not shared by all my colleagues but I might share it with Keith." Elrohir leant in closer. "The lyceum attack was the prelude to a wider attack on acanists. If I were you I would give all the spell slingers that the Clasp have triple guards.As to the nature of hunting down Drow. I would also caution you in this. One drow does not make all drow evil however a fellow detective had a run in with a drow yesterday as well in their investigation into the attacks. If you want to hunt down drow may I suggest that you only watch at a distance. For this reason. If you assault one and they are involved there is nothing to say they won't be able to explode like Walter's murderer killing those sent to avenge Walter. That might become a slippery slope of revenge that will destroy you and those around you."



*****


 
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-30-2019, 01:12 AM
In the Mix's Avatar
In the Mix In the Mix is offline
Chocolate Chips
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2019
RPXP: 2834
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Posts: 2,315
left-aligned image


As Drea is sliding down the wall, her eyes shift to something hidden behind the archives. Guiltily, she looks back toward the others, hoping they are not watching her, then back to the hidden item, her hand reaching out for it. She looks back once more, and finds her eyes locked in on the eyes of Detective Tuson.

~ No! Drea, snap out of it!

He looks at her collar and smiles. It's a smile she recognizes as from one who knows what she is. Instead of wilting further, her spine straightens and she stairs straight ahead, no longer looking him in the eyes. No longer wanting those delicious smelling cookies hidden behind Chief Tanner's archives. 257 bends forward at the waist, her arms unraveling forward in supplication. "Master?"

~ Drea, remember your training. Remember what Master Fregar has taught you.

With those words
Dice Will Save, DC 13:
1d20+2sch13 (14)+2 Total = 16
spoken in her mind, Drea suddenly sits back up, and blinks rapidly as she tries to remember where she is. A look of panic takes her as realization comes. She scrambles out of the room, through halls, and out the front door, to the relative safety of the carriage. Grabbing a hold of the first kitten she can reach, she curls up into a ball and begins singing a lullaby to herself, as she strokes the kitten's fur.

 

 

 
__________________
Has taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by In the Mix; 05-30-2019 at 01:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB