RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-03-2019, 05:58 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1678
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer
SalmonMax- I like your idea. I think it would work nicely.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:00 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax

Name: Icosa-01 (Intelligent Contact; Organic Sentients Analysis)
Race: Android
Alignment: Neutral
Class: Magus
Party Role: Melee DPS, secondary spellcaster

Appearance: Icosa, at first glance, appears to be a relatively normal human female. A closer look reveals seams in her skin, at the joints and along the edges of panels that can open to reveal the machinery and magical-technology used to construct it. Magical effects often emanate from devices embedded in her body rather than the usual hand gestures of organic spellcasting.

Personality: Inquisitive, polite, even friendly in a reserved sort of way. Icosa is genuinely interested in organic sapients...particularly in the factors that contribute to their decision-making and that shape their perception of the world and each other. It prioritizes the acquisition of information, the formation of constructive social bonds with receptive organic sapients, and the defense of the Awakened and their living space.

Background: The Wyrwoods were one of the founding members of The Awakened faction, and have been among the most capable and motivated in their efforts to reach out to other living beings. Unlike the awakened animals and plants enspelled by druids, the Wyrwoods have firsthand experience of just how important it is to be recognized as 'alive' by other beings...because they experienced the consequences of that not being the case. The ICOSA series is their latest attempt to bridge the gap between construct and living sapient. Though the techniques used to build them are similar to those used to create Wyrwoods, there are some significant differences, and those differences are more than just the design of the body. Icosa is built to be capable of understanding and exchanging social cues, to build ties of friendship to other living beings in the hope that those ties can then be extended to other Awakened. It is also designed to investigate and gather data about the inner workings of organic sapients to refer back to the Wyrwoods when possible. This information will then be put to use in future iterations of the ICOSA project.

The current iteration of Icosa-01 has been active since its completion date, six years ago. It spent two years in intensive arcano-somatic recursive training programs to master the arts of magic and weapons, in anticipation of potentially lethal encounters once outside the enclave. Secondary training regimens included studies of current known characteristics of organic sapients and how to understand and relate to them.

Faction: The Awakened.

Last edited by SalmonMax; 08-03-2019 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hey DM, my app is done.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posting interest.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:05 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer
I'm pleased with what I see so far with applications. Good work!

I'm currently working on the faction specific boons. Keep your eyes peeled.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 772
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Jory is ready for critique, questions, or compliments.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good. The Explorers League would be the logical choice of faction with the Radiant or Titanborn a close second.

Last edited by Weasel Whisperer; 08-03-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Interested. Will fill out later.

Name: Foshtan Ituraldanel
Race: Elf (Arctic Subrace, if allowed)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Hunter
Party Role: Scout, first line of defense, opportunist
Appearance: Tall, like his cousins from the warmer climates, and slender, Foshtan is a bit more hardy when it comes to surviving the wilds of the world. Platinum Blond hair, Ice Blue eyes and pale skin.

Personality: A lover of nature, and a lover of life, Foshtan has a smile ready for those that earn it, and a frown for those that earn their place on a list. He is both jovial, and deadly serious.
Background: Born to a ranger and an Ice Singer, Foshtan was thought to follow in his mother's footsteps. Even though he is a gifted singer, like her, Foshtan wasn't magically inclined like she is. He took up the bow and sword in defense of his home, which, as he loved it dearly, became the entire world's natural surroundings. He never made enemies, unless it couldn't be helped. He never fell in love, as he moved around too much. The only joy in his heart was the free air, the receiving of the gift of nature's sustenance, and the ability to move from area to area. He is also very found of his companion, Lanilis, an arctic weasel he caught poaching a prairie grouse's nest. They have become inseparable, and seem to speak a language only known to them. During one of his last treks across the cold frozen plains of his homeland, he came upon a Giant. A southland Giant. Due to their frequent visits, Foshtan was very familiar with their ways, their tongue and their need for alliances. The Giant, one he had met twice before, is named Gurlock the Far. He was in a predicament, as he seemed to be freezing to death. Foshtan, with the help of Lanilis, began collecting firewood, and building a bonfire that would last at least 3 days. He hunted, as well, to bring to the Giant, as fresh, hot food was better for recovering. Bidding Gurlock a good and safe journey, Foshtan began his own journey. The last year or so has found them both traveling farther and farther into lands that are warmer than they are used to, as if something is guiding their steps.

Faction: Wildheart Court

Last edited by RacesWild; 08-07-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:18 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
DoctorLovePhD
Posting to express interest.

I will update with details after finishing work, and am willing to work with others to create a shared backstory event or two.
Will likely be using the fey faction at this time.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2601
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 08-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Old 08-05-2019, 10:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 772
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Old 08-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2601
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus

If possible could i get some more info on the titanborn?

Name:
Thorin Skystone
Race:
Jotun (Storm Giant)
Alignment:
Chaotic Good
Class:
Jotun probably multiclass monk at some point
Party Role:
Bruiser/Meat shield/ Party face when speaking with giants or Titanborn

Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Faction:

Last edited by Rylus; 08-05-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
WIP.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Faindil Elsinor
Race: Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Wizard 8 (Wood Elemental School)
Party Role: Lots of useful skills, magical support/battlefield control, some blasting, scouting, fuzzy kitten friend, best camping accommodations ever.

Appearance:
Faindil is a tall, slim, handsome elven man with long gray hair he wears pulled back into a ponytail and bright green eyes. His forehead is wide above his small nose, and his lips are thin but expressive, as he often appears to be wearing an easy smile upon his face...

Personality:
Background:
Faction: Elemental Enclave

Last edited by Grouchy; 08-06-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:11 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Character Creation
Name: Anna Fairchild
Race: Changeling
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Paladin (Chosen one, Legate)
Party Role: Tank/melee damage, Face, If need be I'll heal through channel energy
Appearance:
right-aligned image
Anna's skin has a rare palor, oft reminding people of the moon at night. Her most noteworthy feature is her mismatched eyes, with the left being sapphire blue and the right being brown. They're a bit cat-like and angular, and sit beneath rather thin eyebrows. Between the mismatched eyes Anna's nose is a dainty nose, with a slightly swollen nasal bridge, from being broken a long time ago. Anna's hair is mostly left loose, and tends to move as her pet weasel plays with the obsidian locks of air. In the morning she tends to braid it, but Poppo will likely have undone that halfway through breakfast.

The paladin's body is tall and lithe, it doesn't display the strength it can summon and rather shows more conventionally alluring womanly beauty. To symbolise her association with the goddess Sarenrae she has an image of her tatood on her back. She is proud of her faith and often displays the tatoo, or at least part of it, by leaving her back exposed and wearing white dresses decorated with golden and red accents.

Anna is allmost allways accompanied by her familiar, Poppo. The weasel is a bit hyperactive and tends to rush up and down her body when it's not making a nest out of her hair. The weasel's fur coat is red orange brown, with a white underside and silver nails. Being touched by the feywild Poppo is capable of assuming a humanoid form, while thus shapeshifted poppo closely resembles Anna herself.

Personality: As a young girl Anna was often the quiet kid, afraid of most everything. Deep down she still is, but the paladin masks her weakened heart in false courage and a sense of duty. She's quick to trust people and make new friends, though she recognizes that not everyone is as honest and honerable as they claim.
Still, Anna is a fierce believer of the benefit of the doubt, which makes it easy for her to believe she's doing the right thing by aiding her friends.
Since she's left the Radiant Anna grew sceptical of their iron determination to their calling, and this lead Anna to devise her own tennets to uphold. Mostly this personal oath boils down to a motherly disposition and gentle manner combined with conforming to the law. While she'll claim that this is her personal oath, whenever she grows close enough to someone she'll hold them to the same tennets (sometimes even moreso than she upholds them herself). Anna herself is rather flexible in her oath, and finds that it doesn't interfere with her daily life as much as the vows she was held to as a Radiant.

Background: Born to a hag Anna, alongside her twin sister Bethany was found on a doorstep. The two girls were taken in by the church or Sarenrae in Pramore. Here they were initially well taken care of, but as they grew older the resources grew scarce and they were told to go beg for food on top of their everyday chores and lessons. While Anna didn't like the uncertainty that begging for food brought with it she powered through by working hard and reciting prayers and songs to distract herself. As a result of shrouding herself in her lessons Anna quickly gained favor with the Radiant, and was a favorite with the Sister Ratched, their teacher. The same could not be said for her sister however. Beth somewhat shirked her duties, and instead went out more for "begging" while she was secretly studying under the guidance of a witch.

When Anna found out about this her own curiousity was peaked. When Bethany would demonstrate to her what she'd learned Anna felt like she could do the same, like she was meant to do the same. The orphan reasoned that if she could also do magic the two of them could work as street performers and asked Father Thomas for permission. Instead of being given permission to study magic the man warned her that witchcraft brought only corruption, especially in her given her changeling heritage. He also told Anna that it was too late for Bethany to be saved. The Radiant tried to get Anna to tell where this witch lived to track and kill her and her new pupil, but Anna refused to tell them anything.

Anna found her sister on the edge of town, returning with her teacher. With eyes tearing she explained that about their changeling heritage, and Beth quickly noticed that she would be used merely for her power. Quickly the twins ran away the old witch and their lives up to that point. The two settled down in Apoppo, where they tried to set up their own life. Bethany easily joined the House of Eyes, but while she had the same dragonblood Anna lacked the refined magical talent that her sister had.

Because she secretly never wanted to be any less than her sister, Anna started to work at a tavern as a serving girl. Tips flowed freely, and the work was easy compared to what she'd done at The Radiant. Still though, the work left her feeling empty and without purpose in a way that her employment at The Radiant did not. It wasn't all bad though, she befriended a little weasel and named it Poppo, after the city they were in. Poppo would allways seek out travellers, and hang around them, causing Anna to rush after it. After crashing into a table and apologising she learned of the Wyrm Kings. A faction who's members lead significantly more interesting lives. Trying to fill a void in her life she joined the group.
Faction: Radiant (Formerly), Wyrm kings (currently)

No, the weasel familiar is not an attempt to curry favor with the GM, I promise the plan was to boost my reflex save.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 08-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.