RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I don't get why cats have resistance to illusions, I mean: cats hunt the red dot. The red dot isn't even anything. Should be more vulnerable to illusions, no?

Oh well, not my race, not my responsibility...
Old 08-08-2019, 05:30 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1678
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer
Rhaiber: Looks good.

If anyone needs more time with their apps, shoot me a PM or say so here. Otherwise, I will reveal the selected players around this time tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 94
DoctorLovePhD
So excited, good luck everyone.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:38 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer Weasel Whisperer
A cat that isn't awakened would have difficulty with illusions perhaps, but maybe one with intelligence and reasoning ability is suspicious after years of being fooled, so gains a resistance to them.
Old 08-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 604
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
And really, aren't we ALL the red dot?
Old 08-08-2019, 05:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1959
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Red dots, yes, not a real dot, but it is real, it's light, like flashlight. But something that is actually not there, cats has the senses that lets them know if something is there or not. Especially if they are close enough. Their whiskers also gives them senses, plus helps with their direction. Cut just one whisker, maybe two and it will screw them up big time.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:17 PM
Life
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10713
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Shouldn't cats get a penalty against illusions? I mean, we've all seen them watching things that aren't there, so ...

Also, sweet! Less than 24 hours!

Last edited by Bio; 08-08-2019 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DoctorLovePhD
I say give them a bonus to saves against illusions, but only if you make a relevant cat pun at the time. Your bonus is equal to the number of people who groan or complain about the pun.

"No pussyfooting around, that fire isn't real", for example
Old 08-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Lmao! Don't get too punny, my DM gauntlet might go off and dust someone.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:29 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4297
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Keeping the fantasy genre in mind, that was based off a quote from The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. When the cat easily sees through a magical disguise, the other characters are shocked but he tells them, “No cat out of its first fur was ever deceived by appearances, unlike human beings, who seem to enjoy it.”

Also, yes we have all seen cats staring at things that aren’t there, but in myths and folklore, that’s because cats can see things that we can’t. This even holds true in modern tales like Stephen King’s Cat’s Eye, where am ordinary, unawakened cat is the only one who can see the monster that tries to kill the little girl.

Last edited by rhaiber; 08-08-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
Works for me.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:04 PM
Yes, I do bite.

Tools
User Statistics
A bit of background for the initial chapter of the campaign. You will be part of a large government sponsored caravan. Before we start, I'll propose a series of options for beginning that will alter the events of the first module. Exploration and the claiming of sites/artifacts for your faction will be one part of the story. Another part with be mysteries involving the drastic changes occurring around the empire. The continent you are all on is about the size of the Sahara desert. The current version of the empire controls the eastern most portion north to south. Large barriers separate the borders of the empire and the wilds. Expect strange anomalies and stranger creatures. Murder hoboing everything while an option, isn't the best option all the time. My live group that tested the game had some tragedies early on. The difference is I added faction specific boons for you guys. They only got generic ones.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:38 AM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Okay, I now see why cats have resistance to illusions, sorry for picking apart the race. I like the concept, just thought I should make the red dot joke.

On an unrelated note, today I learned that poppo would reasonably be able to fly!

Old 08-09-2019, 09:09 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4297
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Okay, I now see why cats have resistance to illusions, sorry for picking apart the race. I like the concept, just thought I should make the red dot joke.

On an unrelated note, today I learned that poppo would reasonably be able to fly!

Fair enough. I was actually wondering to myself how much time an awakened cat witch would spend just casting dancing lights so that he could chase them.

Also, love the photo, though I get the feeling my character’s human familiar might have a tough time doing the same.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:12 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DoctorLovePhD
Reduce person and enlarge animal should help.

Or just a very big bird