twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1558
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
The Coup
Old 08-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4560
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I'm usually one to kick a going trend and pick something else for the heck of or spiteit. This time, however, I also choose The Coup.

If you are feeling exceptionally ambitious Pendragon, and have the people to pull it off, you could run both The Coup & Taking Up the Bounty.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 08-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6727
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
The table is updated on the first post. I have a feeling this might be another landslide. I should have "waffled on" in the beginning of the other two hooks too...

I do have to admit that it would be the best game for truly exploring beyond Corsa. It will also give a lot of the control to players regarding the direction the game takes. The other two would be just as fun but for different reasons. Hook two is deeper than it appears on the surface. Hook three has the potential for the most dynamic alignment of characters with the possibility of a LE working along side a LG to catch the run away, and all the party conflict that could create.

I will decide on Sunday whether to call it and just use Hook One or perhaps we will see votes for the other hooks in the next couple days.

Last edited by Pendragon; 08-29-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:30 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 779
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
I vote Treasure Hunt.
I love me some world building and helping a guild rise in the ranks sounds like fun!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Taking up the Bounty
Old 08-30-2019, 10:00 AM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 999
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
My vote is for Treasure Hunt. The Coup does sound like it would be fun though.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:11 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2504
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Also going to vote for the Coup
Old 08-30-2019, 10:35 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1339
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I find the Coup the most interesting/promising hook. It has my vote as well.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:22 PM
Winnie in Boots

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
PoohPuss
I'm for hook 2, the Treasure Hunt.

Private entrepreneurship in the midst of all that chaos sounds like fun. It might just give us the opportunity to get acquainted with the powers that be before we get involved on the side we choose, and maybe we have the opportunity to choose not to should it prove nonsensical. It might be that supporting Count Murderous would nip a prospective civil war in the bud, saving some 100000 citizens their lives. Or maybe he's just too bad to suffer. I imagine it will be the hook that benefits from pragmatic characters.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:36 PM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon Pendragon
The table is updated. With nine votes I don't think another hook is going to outpace The Coup.

You can begin making your character write ups (no sheets yet) and I will update the game ad.

Thanks for all the interest so far it has been a fun experiment. If I ever do it again I know that just a few days is more than enough time for a round of voting.

I am still giving more than a full week for character creations, especially since this is a holiday weekend in the US.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:50 PM
Winnie in Boots

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
PoohPuss
@Pendragon, I'm a little unsure about this format. I hope it's ok for me to ask some questions that may be silly in our context. Could you please offer up some information that would afford us proper meaningful characters within the framework of your setting?

An absolute minimum would be information regarding the circumstances of why anyone would be loyalists considering the rule of the murdered king. What was he actually doing, to our knowledge or imagination, that made up for his apparent lack of meaningful rulership? For how long did he rule, who ruled before him and what was that rule like? What are the prevailing reasons citizens of Corsa are loyal to the murdered king or the royal family?

What have the mysterious orator (that just proved to be the crown prince) been talking about in his tavern-speeches? What is our impression of him beyond apparently enjoying doing monologues in the presence of common tavern-scrub like us? Further, what is known or rumored about the prince?

To a lesser degree, what is the social structure in Corsa like? It's got nobility, but what other organizations and groups of people are there? Is there a military, city guards, a constable force or the like? Who are the wealthy and who are poor? What is crime like? Info like this.

Do you make use of house-rules (beyond what's already been mentioned)?
Anything else we should be aware of if participating in this campaign?

I'm excited about getting to know your setting some more

Last edited by PoohPuss; 08-31-2019 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2743
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: WIP
Ancestry/Heritage: Rock Dwarf
Class/Order: Druid, Wild Shape
Background: Field Medic

Personality and Appearance: He is a dwarf of short stature with broad shoulders. His voice is gnarled and unwelcoming. He has a large jawline, solid forehead and strong cheekbones that rest within a square shape face. Thick long beard has one central braid that centers on his chin and two smaller braids that combine with his hair that falls just below his ears. He has a single scar running diagonally across his hawkish nose with wide nostrils and two parallel scars running beneath his left eye across his cheek to his clean shaven upper lip. His eyes are almond shape with brownish orange pupils. He emits an aroma of coal smoke forged with onions.

The fewer the words to get across his point the better. Straight and to the point. That's what Ma said. He does not care for those who he has determined are deceptive in their nature. He is not used to working with those of other races, but isn't at all opposed to it.

He works hard and when his work is done he plays even harder. He is reserved in social situations but around a small group of friends or peers he can be seen singing, drinking, eating and discussing a variety of topics. He is cautious around strangers until he sees that they are capable of living up to their word. He is slow to anger and won’t be the first to strike. Yet if he or a friend are about to be hurt he is quick to defend with words or a weapon.

He is not a fan of city life, even though that is all he has known, or the laws that seem to change from district to district, depending on the local guilds and nobles. He does enjoy the atmosphere in a crowded tavern. There he enjoys the mix of chaos and order; almost like in the wild. He has his faith but doesn't really agree with organized religions seeing them as an alternative method for others to gain power over individuals.

Character History: WIP

In Character Writing Sample: WIP

Last edited by Kshnik; 09-03-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:37 AM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1054
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
What level are our characters starting at? I just want to know if we are well traveled or newbie adventurers.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:32 AM
Pendragons at Work

Tools
User Statistics
@PoohPuss - I can answer a couple questions, but you will need to fill in most of those blanks on your own. I am affording you that liberty by not running this in an expansive and established setting. I aimed to include just enough detail in the wiki to provide a feel for the cities and left enough open for players to make them their own.

The king has been on the throne for over 30 years. I am being vague because it frankly isn't important to me. I can tell you that he was liked in the beginning of his reign and now that he is advancing in years he has been seen as letting things slide. As far as loyalty is concerned there are two factors that I was hoping you would glean from the text (I probably failed at expressing them). The crown prince has yet to have a hand in rulership and therefore should be clear of all charges brought against his grandfather and as the heir he should have taken his place on the throne. The second point would be that this family has ruled Corsa since it became a kingdom. They united the tribes and farms to form the city, it is a tradition that is being broken.

The prince is not some famous orator, this is his first performance here and he was going to recite a few of his favorite poems and an excerpt from an epic, he isn't so much a lecturer. There is more to this story that should take place in character. Also, he is relatively unknown outside of the upper eschilons of society, a position of relative anonymity he was enjoying up until the evening that our story takes place. He isn't featured on a coin and has never been paraded through the streets he has lived a relatively sheltered life. The rest of the general knowledge on the prince can be found on the wiki... there isn't much. You will get to know him in character.

If you want a kind of bullet list of things that you can't fiddle with, I would say:
Major Noble Houses: They aren't named, but you shouldn't be in one. Minor Houses are fine feel free to make one up.
Major Guilds: Same as above. Minor Guilds or "Companies" are fair game, feel free to make one up.
Town Guard/Military: They are pretty much the same thing, this is a city state.
The Royal Family
The Count and his Family
Obviously never contradict what is written on the wiki or game ad.

I hope that helps.

@Sarsprilla - Level 1 - We are all learning this new system together

Last edited by Pendragon; 09-02-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:33 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Greetings Pendragon,

I am thinking of submitting a Dwarf fighter or ranger. The idea is that a dwarven has an obligation to the king's family, which has been repaid by sending a dwarf to serve in court for the last decades. In the past, there had been dwarven architects and metalsmiths sent. Now, it is my character's turn, and he has been serving the last decade as the boy's guardian.

Does that sound interesting? If yes, putting placeholder for my application.
Closed Thread