Old 08-31-2019, 03:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 257
Boomy Boomy Boomy
Alright, so
@Vathe - Too bad you had to withdrawn, hopefully we can meet in another game

@Zarzak - Everything is in place, good work.

@Rhadiel - We will need your personality, and a short story about the feat to add some flavor to Theodore.

@galaxian9 - I will need to know what personality your character has.

@Med - Good work, but pick that bonus feat by yourself. Both healer and spell sniper will have their uses in the game.

We're scrapping by with just enough interest to collect a proper party. Here's to hoping things will go smoothly throughout the second week.

Last edited by Boomy; 08-31-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:20 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rhadiel
@Boomy - apologies, got swamped at work, will polish the app during the weekend!
Old 08-31-2019, 04:55 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Med
I'll take Spell Sniper then. I'll have healing spells, so it'd be better to have another PC with healer feat to not have all the eggs in one basket. But if not, then w/e. At least we won't have death saves, so as long as we win everyone survives. Meaning better offense will keep us alive.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rhadiel
Application updated with the missing information!

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 09-01-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:06 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ThePterodactyl
Name: Mary Madkin
Alignment: NG
Personality: Mary's sunny disposition and ever-present smile never fail to brighten up a room. She sees the world optimistically, but always remains rooted in reality with a touch of pragmatism. She's responsible and strong-willled, and she refuses to put up with those who harm her family and friends. Still, her duties to her family and village are stifling, and she's been looking for an excuse to leave it all behind. To head to the mainland, wandering without a care in the world. To see a city and leap from rooftop to rooftop. To lean off a boat and feel the sea spray on her face. All silly dreams, she says.
But then again, a demon invasion is as good excuse as any.
Class: Rogue
Race: Human (V)
Background: Folk Hero
Bonus scores: DEX
Feat: Healer
Bonus feat: Mobile
How did you acquire that feat:
Mobile:
Taxes are the bane of any farmer. Especially when they're doubled, tripled, and paired with bandit attacks every third Saturday of the month. Mary's village, Portend's Rock, has been subject to all manner of setbacks and disasters, mostly stemming from their resident nobleman's total disregard for their well-being and safety. Corruption is present on every step of the power ladder; the nobleman raises taxes, then the guard captain raises them some more in order to skim some off the top for himself, and each guard takes an extra bit from the families for themselves.
And yet, somehow, the villagers are happy. They give what's due willingly and freely, with a smirk and a chuckle. Bellies are full, children are playing, and the nobleman is very confused by the lack of total misery.
This is mostly due to Mary. Shortly after the nobleman's greed grew far too overbearing for the village to handle, Mary said enough is enough. She organized a group of young farmhands on a midnight raid on the nobleman's estate. They planned for weeks, studying guard patterns, the lighting of the moon, and all sorts of contingency plans. In and out, they said. Silent as the night.
It went off without a hitch.
They ran back to their village, bushel after bushel of wheat in tow; enough to feed the village for many nights with some left over for desert.
"Well," they said, "why don't we do this again?"
And so for five years, they did it again. And again and again and again, each run getting better than the last. Nearly weekly, they took all they could carry, undetected and free to do as they pleased. Portend's Angels, they were called, and the village prospered. Years of running barefoot in the night, a bushel of wheat tucked under each arm, made Mary swift in the night.

Healer:
Mary has five younger brothers, all of whom regularly get into scrapes and tussles, falling off roofs and into holes. What with Portend being a small town and the nearest doctor several miles away, Mary took to the study of herbalism and medicine to help her brothers get back on their feet. Sprains, sores, bumps and bruises, burns, cuts, scrapes and scabs all fell away before Mary's practiced hand. She's well-trained in first aid, but always praying she won't have to deal with anything too grisly.

Last edited by ThePterodactyl; 09-01-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
ThePterodactyl
Question- do characters decide things like starting equipment? Or is that something you would handle as DM?
Old 09-03-2019, 01:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Boomy Boomy Boomy
Quote:
Question- do characters decide things like starting equipment? Or is that something you would handle as DM?
I will be deciding that, but you'll also get a bunch of gold and a chance to do some shopping at the start.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:28 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Med
I updated the personality a little bit to show how Barry would act in some circumstances.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rhadiel
@Boomy - I'm flagged as WIP, is there anything else I should add to my app?
Old 09-04-2019, 05:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Boomy Boomy Boomy
Quote:
@Boomy - I'm flagged as WIP, is there anything else I should add to my app?
I'm rather busy mid-week, so I only drop in to answer questions. I will review applications and add suggestions on Friday. This is also why many people simply aren't on the list yet.

Generally speaking don't worry. If I find that you missed a thing or two I may still pick you for the game, and ask that you add them right as it starts.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Boomy Boomy Boomy
I've looked through the applications, and everything seems in order. We will likely begin the game on sunday, assuming the application for it gets reviewed by then.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Cheshire Cheshire
Application
Name: Reinebek
Race: Half-Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Personality: Distrusting of must, but earn his friendship and he is the most loyal companion you can have. Willing to die for those he cares about.
Appearance: I gruff weathered face from years of battle and traveling as a sell-sword.
Background: Soldier
Personality Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. I've lost to many friends, and I am slow to make new ones.
Ideal: Greater good, Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: Someone saved my life on the battlefield, to this day I never leave a name behind.
Flaw:I have little respect for those who have not proven their worth.
Backstory: Reinebek has spent many years traveling after being in the crown's army in his homeland. He now uses his talents as a fighter to defend those who can not defend themselves.

Last edited by Cheshire; 09-07-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Adding a backstory
Old 09-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Boomy Boomy Boomy
I have reviewed applications. From the six sent, five contained what I asked for, so I'd like to invite their owners into the game: Zarzak, Rhadiel, galaxian9, Med, and ThePterodactyl.

I will contact you today via private messaging with a link to the OC discord channel. I will try to launch the game today with an opening post, but something important came up and I might slip, in which case you'll have to wait until tomorrow.