RPXP: 486
NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary NorthOfOrdinary
My app should now be complete.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 PM
evil daystar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38946
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera

Last edited by Aethera; 09-04-2019 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4692
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
OH! This sounds lovely. Wish I had room to apply. Love your games! Good luck guys! For those unfamiliar, Wyn is a great DM!!
Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9559
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek

Last edited by Saratek; 09-10-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:06 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16507
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
@saratek & Aethera: Thanks for the applications! I have added/updated the table with your info.

@ NorthofOrdinary: Thanks for the note. I bestow upon you the first exclamation point of the application table: you are "Complete!" rather than "Complete?"

@ lyd: golly gosh, you're too kind. Sorry to hear you don't have the game-space nowadays to drop an app. Like the ad says, more games of this type are in the pipeline.

@all, item 1: we're a week out from ad closure. Lots of good stuff already, but still time to tweak or submit an app

@all, item 2: I did a preliminary read-through of all the mostly-complete apps yesterday. I gave a few of you directed comments, but most of you I did not. Most of the feedback would have gone as such: Your application should show me who your character is! How do they act, what are their motivations, where are they coming from, where do they want to go? In the And everyone has done marvelously at avoiding that, so thank you!absence of a background, these things can be easy to miss or drop from an application. That doesn't mean they're unimportant. It means you must somehow present that sort of information through the narrative! Said differently: a backstory TELLS me who your character is. These RP samples SHOW me. Good writing SHOWS moreso than it TELLS.That's literally how high-quality PbP works.

By construction, the RP prompts are meant to be nigh-universal. What makes a character a character is how they uniquely interact with these universals. The best applications have RP samples that gave me a clear indication of personality, culture, motivation, "shy healer, "smarmy mage," etcrole, goals, and identity. The weakest applications have RP samples that felt 'generic' - disconnected from the character and the rest of the application, providing me with little indication of your vision of the character. If you have some time, I encourage you to re-read your RP samples and ask where your write-up lands on that spectrum.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 09-02-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:12 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
BadFizzicks BadFizzicks BadFizzicks
This is my first application on the site, so please let me know if there are any glaring errors! I'm really into the premise you've laid out so wanted to post to express my interest, will work on the RP sections over the next few days.

ApplicationName: Berholdt

Race: Human

Gender Identity: Male

Class/subclass: Storm Herald Barbarian

Appearance:

Roleplay samples: Coming soon!
Old 09-02-2019, 01:14 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
AlexN AlexN AlexN
Name: Anatoli Spiva
Race: Half-elf
Gender ID:Male
Class: College of Lore Bard
Appearance: With a rounded face and a little bit of pudge from all the tavern food eaten on many travels. This middle-aged man can easily fit into a crowd without a second glance if it wasn’t for his constant whistling and humming of well-known ballads. Wearing Dull colored and moderately used vestments outfitted for traveling he is very mundane looking to be easily confused with a traveling merchant; a strange sight to see for a bard. He Sports a short to medium beard/mustache combo of some kind but does not let it grow very long so he does not appear to look like too much of a vagabond. What distinguishes him are two things, if he is not moving, he is always caught in hand with a book of some kind either reading or writing, skimming through an overly used tome. If one were to approach him his demeanor is the exact opposite of his appearance. Boisterous and friendly he will tell you the most grandiose story that he insists is true while buying you an ale to help bolster his claims.

Let me know if there is anything else you would need for my application, thank you so much!

Last edited by AlexN; 09-02-2019 at 01:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-02-2019, 03:22 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith

I'll keep trying, but I'm considering withdrawing my application. Something isn't clicking, and I've tried two complete rewrites, but neither worked either. I'm going to give my poor brain a break and come back to this again. If I can't work something out, I'll let Wynamoinen know.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:26 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 696
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application Withdrawn

Last edited by Treble83; 09-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:07 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11739
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
I have no time to apply for another game right now, but I’m very happy to see so much interest in this game. I doubt I could put together an application that could match what is already here. But please add me to the list of people you PM when you run the next one shot (if you have such a list). I’m not typically checking for new games and would love to play in one of these when I have more time.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:22 AM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16507
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
@goatmeal: thanks for the well-wishes! I did not have such a list, but I do now.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:56 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Bahh, now I've started an application in spite of it all. Is it alright to include a background in our application as well?

EDIT: apologies to all games I'm not caught up in at the moment...

Last edited by goatmeal; 09-04-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:05 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
Name: though perhaps he has forsaken his given name and goes only by AlbedoCarew Gail
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Gender Identity: cis man
Class: Lore Bard (might multiclass Life Cleric depending on the party makeup)
Background: Acolyte of Baldr
Appearance: Carew prides himself on his appearance. He always wears finely embroidered clothing with shiny buttons wherever appropriate. He is not lavish however, and doesn’t go out of the way to draw attention to himself. On the contrary, he often uses his own fine adornments as a way of shining the spotlight on his companions. On more than one occasion he has been mistaken for a butler of one of his companions. He takes great pride in the moments when this occurs, as it fits what he sees as his role in life.

Last edited by goatmeal; 09-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:57 PM
evil daystar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38946
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Unfortunately at this time I'm going to have to withdraw Zhenya. I love the character and the Slavic folklore of the setting, but I just don't have time to commit to two posts a week right now.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6654
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Alas, I think I must withdraw as well. The story is just not coming together, perhaps because I'm on the edge of overextended.