twitter google facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 12:54 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16507
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
@platypusllamas: nope, not too late. Anything in before tomorrow night will get full consideration.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Hey Wynamoninen, could you let me know if my new sample is along the lines of what you’re looking for?
Old 09-08-2019, 01:56 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Ultimately, what I want to know is two things:

1) Who IS your character? That means a lot of things. How do they see themselves? How do others see them? Where do they come from? Where do they WANT to go? Where ARE they going? What's their personality? How do they interact with others? What's their role in a group? What are their strengths, what are their weaknesses? What makes them special, what makes them interesting? I don't expect any or every RP sample to answer all those things. But each should address some.

and

2) can you, the player, deliver those sorts of facts through an interactive narrative? Do you do it clearly, entertainingly, cleverly, simply, insightfully, etc.?

By those standards, yes, I think your first sample accomplishes a number of those things, from both items 1 and 2. I don't see a second sample yet. I like what I can see.

(Speaking now not so much to Numen, as to everybody, since I haven't given a ton of feedback): I suspect that when people ask "is this what you're looking for", they mean "is this an application that you like (and therefore are likely to pick)"? The problem is, I like tons of these applications - you have all done amazing jobs! - and so the fact that I like your application will not end up being hugely decisive. What will end up mattering is how the characters 'fit together' as a group, and as a collective story/adventure. And so the more clearly I can see who your character is, the easier it is for me to pick your character. If I can't get a good sense of who your character is as a person, I am not very likely to pick them.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:01 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Thanks. I’m working on the second today.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are closed

I will return once acceptance decisions are made. I really haven't made my mind up yet, and I need to give every application a second thorough read-through. I will do my best to get back to you all within a day, but please forgive any and all delay that follows. It won't be an easy choice to make.

Thanks again to everyone who applied!
Old 09-09-2019, 11:03 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4297
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Just realized I'm still down as "Work in Progress" in the chart on the first page, but my app is totally finished and ready for review now.

"I He looked to the Kender for wisdom. If there was one thing she was good for, it was pearls of wisdom. Wisdom buried beneath twelve hours of stories about obscure relatives."
-Imveros
Old 09-10-2019, 01:53 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Good luck everyone.

I never got my second sample in, so I’m out of the running, but this game looks amazing.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:02 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
BadFizzicks BadFizzicks BadFizzicks
I am also going to have to withdraw Berholdt- this has been a mad week for me and I haven't had the time to get my rp samples to a comparable standard to the other awesome applications already up! Hope the successful applicants have a blast though
Old 09-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9559
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Good Luck, All.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:31 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for your patience! I've come to a decision.

As always, a thousand apologies to all the people I must turn down. In almost all circumstances, it is not a reflection of you, or your application. I built a group that I think well-reflected the setting and the attitude of the adventure, represented a number of interesting and important perspectives, and whose stories 'fit together' in interesting ways. At the edge cases, there are a few people who I will always doubt whether I should have accepted. That's life.

I invite the following characters to join Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens:

Player's Character Identity
Charlotte's Sylvia, the stone woman of Degorod
goatmeal's Carew, the dandy bard
Inuvash255's Sasha, the ever-changing exile
NorthofOrdinary's Skadi, the Valkyrie of Freyja
rhaiber's Dargun, the Crone of story

Characters go here, and chit-chat happens here. As I said in the first post, my hope is that this is just the first adventure of a cycle, and another ad should come, with time, so I hope everyone I've disappointed on this pass will consider throwing in for the next go-round.