RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Lexiconjurer
I'm interested in playing an Orion, though there don't seem to be any official rules for the race. Should I just go with a different race or would there be some other solution?
Old 08-27-2019, 05:20 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexiconjurer View Post
I'm interested in playing an Orion, though there don't seem to be any official rules for the race. Should I just go with a different race or would there be some other solution?
Please see the list of available races.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:49 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1556
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Hoo boy. Definitely have to put together some kind of character for this one.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:37 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16159
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
"Captain Jack"
left-aligned image
Birth Name: Jacob "Captain Jack" Reno

Species: Human

Physical Description: Looks like he should be a little old for this and he knows it, as he's at least a decade older then the average Academy Graduate. 6'1" with short black hair, he's not exactly muscle bound but he clearly knows how to handle himself with a twinkle if mischief in his eyes.

Personality: Like he just accidentally stumbled into the uniform out of a poker game and hasn't found his way back yet. He's used to running his own ship his own way, even if it was just a little independent cargo freighter, usually with robotic drones instead of an actual crew. He does however have more space experience then most Captains and by all accounts is a damn fine Pilot. Kept his nickname from his private ship days out of Respect and while he comes off as selfish at times there are others where he has principles he's willing to die for.

Environment (Origin): Starship

Upbringing: Business/Trade. Mostly from private cargo shipping, not all of it legal.

Starfleet Academy: Command ('Captain Jack' is never going to be an official Starfleet Captain, but he's considered an excellent Pilot.)

Career: Experienced Officer, Sort Of

Career Events: Ship Destroyed, Special Commendation

Secondary Events: Universe isn’t Fair / Lost Faith / First Love (The Jack of Hearts)

Role: Flight Controller

"All Rise. And be Seated. Continuing with Proceedings of a Mr. Jacob Reno. Human. Charged with multiple Violations the Federation Treaty of Algeron, of possessing and navigating a private Starship fitted with a Cloaking Device while in Federation Space. I understand Mr. Reno pleads Guilty and is throwing himself on the mercy of the court. At this point I'm just curious why you're representing him Captain zh'Sothi."

"A Matter of Honor, Your Honor. This Human may have broken the law, but not in a way that actually endangers the treaty and in doing so he saved my life. By the Code of Ushaan, I owe a debt that I intend to pay."

"Very well, you may proceed."

~~~Ship Destroyed~~~

"Thank You. Your Honor, Beings of the Jury, and Witnesses before us today - this Human before you is known on our records as Jacob Reno but out in the Stars he is known by another name. 'Captain Jack'. It's only technically correct, he did command a small merchant and cargo vessel known as the Jack of Hearts. Usually it didn't even have a crew and all the work was done by robotic drones. This wasn't always the case.

Jacob Reno was born to parents on the USS Matador which was destroyed by Romulans in a border skirmish when he was a young adolescent. There were other survivors, but Mr. Reno was unable to make it too a shuttle or an escape pod. Mr. Reno only survived by making it into an Extra Vehicular Activity Suit as the Matador was breaking apart. The suits do have small, very limited range distress signals and he was rescued obviously, but with only minutes of air left. I like to believe that he made a promise to the Universe that day, whether he realized it or not.
"

~~~Special Commendation~~~

"Three Weeks Ago, the USS Independence was on a diplomatic mission to the Dareen System. The locals had a legend that one of their neighboring planets was also inhabited but the other species wiped itself out so we went to investigate and we set off some sort of automated defense system. The Swarm of Defense Drones got through our shields, our power systems were failing, even a few hull breachs with our fields failing. Even if we were going to survive that we were going to crash-land on the planet and the Jack of Hearts was the only ship within range of our distress signal.

Your Honor, we the Defense do not contest that Jacob Reno violated Federation Law but with that Cloak and some damn fine Piloting the Jack of Hearts was able to get close enough to use her Industrial Transporters. The Independence went down, but out of the 200 souls of her crew, 172 made it to Star Base 056 safe and sound. Since then I've done some asking around, checking of records and things like that. It turns out, 'Captain Jack' has his sensors very finely tuned to listen to distress calls. Usually not the big ones, usually the little ones - the single downed runabouts or the EVA suits separated from their ships. Would you like to know how many Living Beings that's added up to over time?
"

What happens next, the only being in that courtroom more surprised then Judge Gulsvig was Jacob 'Captain Jack' Reno himself. It's true, he did give a little promise to the Universe after the Matador. That nobody dies alone in the dark like he almost did. He doesn't think of himself as a good man, just someone who knows his way around a Nebulae, a Warp Coil, a Conn, and a Transporter Buffer. But in that Courtroom, people stood for Captain Jack. More then he thought would.

"Jacob Reno broke the Law, but we ask the Court to Rule for Justice, not the Law. We ask that you rule for Honor and the Principles of the Federation, not a mindless clinging to Absolute Law and -"

"That's enough, Captain. Frankly, I think you've overdone it - but you made your point. Mr. Reno - I've also been in your file and I'm seeing the skills you've picked up over the years. While I greatly doubt that what you usually did with that Cloaking Device was so benevolent as what you did for the crew of the Independence, the usual sentence of 10 to 15 years on a Maximum Security Penal Colony does seem - inappropriate. Therefore the sentence is 7 years, either to be served on New Zealand Minimum Security Penal Colony or in Starfleet. That's a 2 Year Program at Starfleet Technical Services Academy on Mars followed by one 5-year tour of duty. Either way, when your sentence is served the Jack of Hearts will be returned to you, minus the Cloaking Device. Is this an acceptable arrangement, Mr. Reno?"

And with that, 'Captain Jack' just smiles.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 09-13-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Carnage Carnage Carnage
App withdrawn, sorry.

Last edited by Carnage; 09-14-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:30 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
I have decided on the deadline for applications: 1700 EST September 13, 2019.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:34 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16159
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Oh, speaking of deadlines - comments and critique welcome.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:07 PM
The Force in Balance

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2415
BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries BattleFries
Yes, please! If there's anything about our applications (well, I can only speak for myself and my own app) that you think could be improved to better fit your game, please don't hesitate to give feedback!
Old 08-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Sounds super fun, but since I have been a lousy player because of RL, won't apply. I can't really post more than once a week at the moment.

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-28-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:23 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Sounds super fun, but since I have been a lousy player because of RL, won't apply. I can't really post more than once a week at the moment.
Well hurry up and resolve your personal life already, sheesh.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:30 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22373
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Getting there lol

I'm moving abroad in two weeks. Packing the whole family and drama!
Old 08-31-2019, 12:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9603
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Do we need the rulebooks? I have done some of their other systems like Conan, but don't own this one.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:42 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Do we need the rulebooks? I have done some of their other systems like Conan, but don't own this one.
There's a lite version on their website, and no I'm fine telling you to what to roll and letting things go from there, it only uses d20s and d6s it is fairly straight forward.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Thought so. Lastly, half races? Or only from the approved race list?
Old 08-31-2019, 01:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics