RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 02:32 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
Thought so. Lastly, half races? Or only from the approved race list?
I'm willing to concede half races as long as one parent is on the approved list and the other half is human.
Old 08-31-2019, 03:53 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16059
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
I always wondered, but I got the impression that hybrids in Star Trek are only possible through their advanced medical knowledge like genetic editing. With very few and obvious exceptions, like Vulcans and Romulans.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:03 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
I always wondered, but I got the impression that hybrids in Star Trek are only possible through their advanced medical knowledge like genetic editing. With very few and obvious exceptions, like Vulcans and Romulans.
I think that would matter very heavily on the pairing. Take humans and betazoids or trill. Almost fully compatible.

For example, however, I imagine a Klingon/Human pairing would be fine if the mother was the klingon, but could cause serious complications for a human female given the larger general size of klingons and their ridges.

Blood type is also incredibly important, because without genetic enhancement humans cannot mix with vulcans or romulans because their blood is copper based.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9603
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Well I think I am going to go for just a Bolian, but thanks.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:55 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22259
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Applications
right-aligned image
Name: Naomi Ka

Species: Human (22 years old, female)

Physical Description: Naomi is a beautiful woman with a lady face, large eyes and long silky hair. She rarely smiles, and always look into the zone while spinning hundreds of ideas at the same time. Her build is untypical for an Asian descendant with a gifted sensual body. In other words, she is a hot smartass. Naomi is not that tall, barely 5'6 but when she enters a room, the air is boiling and the lights are more shiner.

Personality: Determinate, Confident, and Bold. She has a character on fire with warm blood. She got tame in the academy, but she stills has fire in the eyes and she knows how to achieve her goals and get the job done no matter the cost. Naomi can be awkward at times with no filter and directly to the point without considering people feeling. She is a genius and the way she talks is often misunderstood with lack of social intelligence at times. This complicates her relationship with others at times, never holder on a boyfriend more than a couple of months at a time. The woman is still sympathetic at heart and always do the right thing to protect people under her responsibilities before her own selfish needs. She might never become a ship's captain because of her exploding character, yet she has a bright future ahead as one of the top spaceship engineer of Starfleet.

Environment (Origin): Homeworld (earth). Naomi is born in San Francisco and lived most of her life in the area.

Discipline: Primary on Engineering, secondary on science

Attributes: Primary on Reason, secondary on control

Focus: Warp field, Quantum mechanic, computers, electro plasma power system, warp engine, fusion reactor

Upbringing: Science/Technology - Mother is a Xenobiologist, Father is an Engineer.

Starfleet Academy: Operation track

Career: Experienced Officer (Lieutenant)

Career Events:

Solved Engineering crisis: On her last post as senior engineer, her ship was called in to rescue a colony located on a remote moon. Their fusion reactor went haywire because of human errors and lack of proper maintenance. The captain and the crew evacuated the colonists as a priority, while Naomi insisted to take a chance to repair the reactor on time to save the nearby village who were too numerous to all be save on time with the transporter device of the ship. She managed to get the job done, fifteen minutes before the reactor blow up. Naomi was poisoned by radiation. After a well deserve rest and proper medical care she was promoted to Lieutenant and assigned to the USS Ophiuchus as the chief engineer, her first department command.

Breakthrough: As a teenager before joining Starfleet, Naomi proved created a complex equation to harness the energy of a black hole and use its power for a new type of warp drive. Her experiments were recognized as a major breakthrough for humankind, but quickly shut down by Starfleet as a violation of the Treaty of Algeron even if she didn't use any Romulan technology as a baseline of her research. She got away with it with a slap on the wrist because of her age and she got her ticket for the Starfleet academy. She suspects since then that Starfleet Intelligence black ops are continuing the research secretly on an undisclosed location.

Ship role: Chief Engineer

Roleplay:

Worst memory at the academy & Life is not fair- " I'm waiting for your explanation cadet. "

- " Commandant I refute those accusations of plagiarism. Cadet William copied my project and notes while I was distracted, he's the one that is guilty. "

- " How do you explain that Cadet Anderson, Wei and Smith's testimony claims that the original work was from William? "

- " They are friends and lookup for each other. They have been bullying me since the first day at the academy. Look at our academic result, they are last of class while I'm first on this topic, why would I copy their pity work. "

- " It's still four people against your word. You might be right, but you see, by working together they are stronger than you all alone. That brings me to the main issue. Several instructors also reported your arrogance and difficulties to collaborate with others. You are treating your comrade like dead weights. You are smart, perhaps too much for your own good. However, if you can't function with the others no captain will want you on his crew. Perhaps Starfleet is not right for you, there's nothing wrong to contribute as a civil scientist on a space station. "

- " I... I want to be an explorer Commandant. Staying on a station and studying someone else discoveries doesn't sit well with me. I understand what you are saying. Working as one is key. "

- " You are just saying what I want to hear. I will make you personally responsible for cadet William, Anderson, Wei and Smith academic performance from now on. If they fail class, you will also fail and follow their fate. That will help you develop your teamwork skills to be accepted by this group and help them. If you are as clever as you think, you'll find a way. "

- " WHAT? They will never make it out of the academy! They are dump as Pakleds! "

- " Your racist comment will be noted in your file. I'm starting to think you joined us too young. Know that we don't care about your extraordinary personal performance. At Starfleet, we train officers to be part of a team. You have much to learn and I won't hesitate to get you expelled if you can't be tolerant of others and work with all kind of people. That would be all cadet. I will be watching your progress. You are dismissed. "

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2BAE2177-8B6B-4E02-BEC9-6F0D07C2954A.png
Views:	5
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	81493   Click image for larger version

Name:	startrek-small.png
Views:	9
Size:	402.4 KB
ID:	81496   Click image for larger version

Name:	jovela_at_the_gym_by_auctor_lucan_db3jf79-fullview-small.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	81498   Click image for larger version

Name:	naomi-medium.png
Views:	28
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	81506   Click image for larger version

Name:	tecky.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	81508  

Last edited by MoonZar; 09-04-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:06 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
How’s my app wodine? Worried I didn’t do that last part right.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:54 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Wodine: Let me know if you have enough RP.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9821
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Tentatively interested, but do we need to be Star Trek experts, or are casual enjoyers welcome too?

Last edited by Yuul; 09-01-2019 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:26 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuul View Post
Tentatively interested, but do we need to be Star Trek experts, or are casual enjoyers welcome too?
As long as you've a general idea of the setting - of which there is ample material online, you'll be fine.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:46 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
Hows my app wodine? Worried I didnt do that last part right.
Kind of a Tom Paris vibe huh?

I'm curious, what kind of cloaking device was it?

And which of the secondary rp moments did you pick, I can't really tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Wodine: Let me know if you have enough RP.
Moon you'll need to work in two of your career vents.

Also, developing a warp engine would make you an engineer not a science officer.

Also, "Proven a theory about how to harness the energy of black hole to create a new type of propulsion drive." - This is actually how Romulan warp drives work, and researching them is a direct violation of the Treaty of Algeron.

Which is looks like my entire bridge crew is going to have violated at one point or another.
Old 09-02-2019, 12:37 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Thinking more a mix of Tom Paris and Chief Miles O'Brian. He's got a past, probably the lowest ranked being on the bridge, and is probably old enough to be the father of the typical Fresh Academy Ensign (if only technically) but makes up for it with skill and experience. He probably has more experience in the Captain's Chair then many Starfleet Captains, if just on a little cargo freighter.

For the cloaking device, not sure I know enough about the cloaking devices to really make that call as a player. But I was picturing something small but dependable, if also implying dealings with the black market.

For the secondary rp moment I was kind of combining 'Finding out the Universe isn't Fair' with 'Lost Faith in something Important' with the destruction and loss of the Matador. Might have even mixed in a dash of 'first love' if you count his cargo ship. :P

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 09-02-2019 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:22 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Muninn Muninn
I'm working on a couple of ideas for this game atm @wodine. Would it be all good if I used this handy character generator: https://sta.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/
Or would you prefer I just stick to giving you the information you asked for and doing all the nitty-gritty yourself?
Old 09-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13155
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
This better be something you can't just walk off, if you're here about some candyassed Parrises squares owie, grab a bandage and get better at the game.
right-aligned image
Name: Dr. Vali (short for Valishethra) Zh'karho
Species: Andorian
Environment: Indarax, an Andorian colony with a strong military tradition (Isolated Colony)
Background: Military (reflavored Starfleet)
Starfleet Academy: Dr. Zh'karho did not attend Starfleet academy, but was trained in the Andorian military (Sciences)
Career: Experienced Officer
Career Events: Death of a Friend, Special Commendation
Ship Role: Chief Medical Officer
Strengths: Determined, enough combat training to easily fill a security role, works great under pressure or with limited resources, highly observant, sharp instincts, great at poker
Weaknesses: Horrible bedside manner, has been known to violate medical ethics and regulations if necessary to save a life, poor researcher, not a good team player, allergic to Terran cats

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 09-07-2019 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:17 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Palladia!
Old 09-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I changed her as Chief Engineer