RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 12:29 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muninn View Post
I'm working on a couple of ideas for this game atm @wodine. Would it be all good if I used this handy character generator: https://sta.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/
Or would you prefer I just stick to giving you the information you asked for and doing all the nitty-gritty yourself?
Huh, I didn't realize this was a thing, and as it is approved by both Modiphius and CBS, so it is legit.

Everyone, if you want to generate your own character you can use the above quoted app.

Only the core book should be selected for supplements and the era is TNG. (If you pick a mixed race or Bolian we'll have to finagle a bit as they are not in the core rulebook.)
Old 09-02-2019, 12:42 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8348
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
LOL... that would have been fun to know about an hour ago

I'll just post what I've been working on and check it with the app as we get closer to time if that is OK.

Nice find on tha link!!
Old 09-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Carnage Carnage Carnage
Nice, that site is really helpful. It also can be used for ships.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:11 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
Nice, that site is really helpful. It also can be used for ships.
Yep... that wasn't too bad. I attached the CS to my app post.
Once I finish the narrative part hopefully sometime today, I'll put it all in plain view.

- Savy
Old 09-02-2019, 04:31 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
PlayerNameSpeciesRankPosition
Savoylen Solan RenVulcanCaptainCommanding Officer
GleefulNihilism Jacob RenoHumanPetty Officer First ClassConn
Carnage Travis ClayHumanLt. CommanderChief Medical Officer
mightymconeshot  Shoran AdifBolianLieutenant???
MoonZar Naomi KaiHumanLieutenantChief Engineer
PalladiaMors Valishethra Zh'karhoAndorianLt. CommanderChief Medical Officer
Old 09-02-2019, 04:33 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
@palladia I noticed you wanted to have been trained by the Andorian Imperial Guard - they ceased to exist in 2161, which would mean the good doctor would need to be 271 years old. The typical Andorian life span is 110-120 years.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:00 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13155
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
They did, except on Indarax, which was one of the last worlds colonized by the Andorians. It became a massive military complex for the training of military arts, like a planet version of West Point, and she grew up there. Though the Federation didn't approve, after the dissolution of the Imperial Guard that one small planet was allowed to continue their military traditions for cultural reasons. They were mostly ceremonial, they continued their militaristic traditions not for warfare but as a matter of cultural preservation, though their training wasn't just for show and occasionally the soldiers of Indarax would see action in remote skirmishes with Romulans or other threats. I did some research, and though it's an obscure reference from a book, it's there
Old 09-02-2019, 11:21 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
OK... I'm calling the app completed.

I'll do a little tweaking here and there until apps close but only edits.

Please let me know if you'd like anything else to be considered.

Thanks - and good luck everyone!!

- Savoy
Old 09-03-2019, 02:16 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Muninn Muninn
Quickly throwing in a WIP for a potential XO, while I've got a spare moment. I tried to make him a solid Number One in general, but tailored his stats to compliment Cpt Solan Ren in particular since he was the only Cpt app so far.

ApplicationsName: Commander Owen Thorne
Species: Human

Physical Description:

Personality:

Environment (Origin): Busy Colony (Mars)

Upbringing: Diplomacy and Politics (Accepted) Thorne's mother was an elected Federation Council representative who became an ambassador after losing office. He picked up a few tricks from her head of security, who was like an uncle to him.

Starfleet Academy: Command

Career: Experienced Officer

Career Events: Death of a Friend, Required to take Command

Role: Executive Officer

Rolelplay samples

TBA
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cmdr Owen Thorne.pdf (132.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-03-2019, 07:30 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22259
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoylen View Post
OK... I'm calling the app completed.

I'll do a little tweaking here and there until apps close but only edits.

Please let me know if you'd like anything else to be considered.

Thanks - and good luck everyone!!

- Savoy
Captain on deck!
Old 09-03-2019, 02:02 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5646
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
And where would the captain be without an XO to back him up?

Thrak ch'Rannir
left-aligned image

Name: Thrak ch'Rannir

Species: Andorian

Physical Description: Tall and imposing, Thrak has the appearance one would expect from an experienced tactical officer. He keeps his white hair short, in a clean military cut and wears a thin mustache. He likes to keep his new red uniform neat and pressed, partially out of respect for military decorum, but largely because he wants to make a good impression on his new CO and crew.

Personality: Growing up in Vancouver on Earth, Thrak was exposed to a multitude of species and cultures from an early age. As a result, he is very open-minded and willing to consider all points of view of any given issue. He does, however, honor his own Andorian culture and traditions, often struggling to find a balance between staying true to himself and keeping an open mind.

While on duty, Thrak walks a line between professionalism and accessibility. He acknowledges the need for proper decorum, but he also knows that, especially as XO, it will be important that the crew feel comfortable coming to him with their issues. His primary sense of responsibility and duty is to his crew; while he serves the Federation as a whole, he’s seen enough action to know that in crunch time, what matters most is supporting those you serve alongside.

Environment (Origin): Another Species’ World (Earth)

Upbringing: Business/Trade (Rebel)

Starfleet Academy: Operations (Major in Security, minor in Command and Medicine)

Career: Experienced Officer

Position: Executive Officer

Career Events

Conflict with A Hostile Culture
Stardate 42847.7
USS Tecumseh
Minos Korva system

"It's a Cardassian scout ship," Thrak said. "Hideki class." His antennae twitched with nervous energy as he read off the sensor reports from his place at the tactical station. The Cardassian war had been cooling off for some time, but he knew all too well that it wasn't over. Minor skirmishes popped up along the border with disturbing regularity. Like many of the UFP's more aggressive neighbors, the Cardassians mistook the Federation's desire for peace for weakness and were eager to prey upon that perceived vulnerability. The Tecumseh was here in response to a distress call from a civilian freighter, whose cargo had apparently been seized by the intruder.

"Raise shields and open hailing frequencies," Captain Raymond ordered, waiting for the channel to be open before continuing, "Cardassian vessel, this is Captain Richard Raymond of the Federation starship Tecumseh. You are in Federation space. Explain your presence here immediately." The bridge went silent for a few moments, as it became apparent there would be no reply. Thrak clutched his console, waiting on the captain's decision. The Cardassians' reasons for being here were plain enough; just last night they had gotten a dispatch from Starfleet Command on the matter. The Cardassian government had apparently made a claim on this system, something about a faulty reference beacon misjudging the border. A nonsense claim, and they knew it. They were hoping the Federation would simply give in.

Before the captain could give an order, an alert flashed on Thrak's console. "Sir, they're charging weapons!" Moving quickly, he diverted power to the forward shields, just before the disruptor blast landed, causing a minor tremor to shake the ship. "Red alert!" came Captain Raymond's quick response, and immediately the lights darked and the alert klaxon wailed. "Return fire, Mr. ch'Rannir. Try to take out their weapons." Thrak responded with a distracted, "Aye, sir," as he worked at the targeting controls. The Hideki class's disruptor banks were relatively well-armored, at least for a small scout ship. He remembered a trick he had heard from a friend on the Rutledge though. If he aimed just right... the phaser lanced out, impacting the hostile ship. Disruptor fire replied, but the shot went wide, cleanly missing the Tecumseh. A moment passed and the ship turned and began to move away, out of weapons range. Thrak smiled. "Their disruptor targeting systems are disabled, sir. They're powering warp engines."

First Contact
Stardate 47926.5
Federation Science Outpost
Sigma Iota IV

It was supposed to be a simple away mission- beam down to the planet and make contact with the science station. Starfleet had lost contact with the scientists a week ago and the Tecumseh was sent to investigate. Sensors didn't pick up anything unusual, and all the team's lifesigns were accounted for, so it was assumed the issue was a mere communications blackout. The fact that Thrak had been picked to lead the team instead of Commander T'nal, the XO, showed how routine it was expected to be. So, when he tapped his combadge and got nothing but a buzz, he was worried. He turned to Lieutenant Ferrin. "Any idea what's blocking our comms?" Thrak asked. "Some kind of scattering field?" The engineer shook his head. "No, sir. I'm getting the same readings we picked up on the ship, nothing unusual. If there's a dampening field, it's not one I can detect." Thrak's antennae flexed. Apparently it wasn't a simple equipment malfunction. "Phasers to stun. Say close." The team filed behind him, drawing their phasers, as he made his way into the outpost.

Entering into the main control room, Thrak saw the science team, all apparently unharmed, but surrounded by a group of unfamiliar aliens. As the away team entered, all eyes turned to face them. The aliens raised what appeared to be weapons as one of them strode forward. "More intruders? Drop your weapons at once." Thrak tensed. This was about the worst scenario he could have imagined. He signaled his team to keep their phasers ready. "I am Lieutenant Commander Thrak ch'Rannir, of the Federation starship Tecumseh. Who are you, and why have you taken our scientists prisoner?" The alien leader gave him an intimidating glare. "We are the Rannoch. Your 'scientists' are trespassing on our planet, as are you. We are merely defending our territory."

"Your territory?" Thrak asked. "We thought this planet was uninhabited. There are no beacon or anything of the sort indicating any claim on the world." The Rannoch replied, "We... prefer to be left alone. We do not advertise our presence to other species." Thrak thought for a moment. A xenophobic species, out here on the fringes of explored space. Obviously advanced technologically, as they were able to hide themselves from sensors and block all communications. They didn't seem overtly hostile, though; at least, they hadn't harmed the scientists. He signaled the away team to lower phasers. After a moment, the Rannoch leader did the same. "I believe," Thrak said, "That there has been an unfortunate misunderstanding. As I'm sure your captives have explained, this is only a research outpost. We're from the Federation, an interstellar nation composed of hundreds of species. We are peaceful explorers, and I can assure you we had no idea this planet was claimed. If you allow us to leave now with the scientists, I can promise we will not return. If you give us a basic starchart of your borders, we can mark the entire area as off-limits- without making the reasons public, if you prefer." A tense moment passed as the offer was considered, before the leader gave a hand signal, and the other Rannoch stepped away from the scientists. "Your proposal is acceptable."

Academy Memory
Stardate 40493.2
Australian Outback
Earth

Sweat beaded on Thrak's forehead as reached the final stretch of his run. Everyone had said that Professor Tuvok was tough, and they were right. The daily runs had been one thing, but now he had him out in the desert- which was especially demanding to an Andorian. Fortunately, the ordeal was almost over. Just one the other side of that massive rock would be a shuttle waiting to take him back to San Francisco. He took a final swig of water, finishing his small canteen, and put on an extra burst of speed for the final stretch. As he rounded the rock, he was surprised to find not a shuttle, but a small crate with a PADD sitting on top. After taking a moment to catch his breath, he read the message displayed.

Greetings, cadet, it read. He could practically hear Professor Tuvok's voice in the formal wording. If you are reading this, you have completed the first stage of your advanced survival training. Advanced survival? This was supposed to be a fitness exercise! Within this kit, you will find everything required for you to survive in the wilderness. In three days, a shuttle will arrive to retrieve you and you will be graded based on your performance. It left off there, without so much as a "good luck," not that he expected one. Opening the crate, he found a basic survival kit- very basic. Letting out a resigned sigh, he loaded it into his pack and began scouting the area for a suitable shelter.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf thrak.pdf (133.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Exhibit A; 09-13-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:49 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Is there Room for a Bajoran Security Officer?
Old 09-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Wodine: I did a lot of improvement, let me know what else you'd like to know about her.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:15 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
We do need more redshirt!
Old 09-04-2019, 12:28 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I'm not one to turn down an application!