RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 11:03 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Bajoran Security Officer - WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Catka Nelo

Species: Bajoran

Physical Description: Catka weighs around 140 lbs and stands 5'10" tall. She's got red hair and a light tanned complexion. She carries herself as one who can take care of herself, and she's rarely shaken.

Personality: Catka is loyal to a fault, and the phrase 'never leave a friend behind' is more than a motto to her. She's concerned about keeping people safe and keeping threats contained first and foremost, though if the latter can't be helped, she will readily deal with threats. She's glad to be aboard the ship and ready to show others that Bajorans are as capable a people as any other species in the Federation. She full well knows that the faults, successes, and general feelings others have towards Bajor can be affected by her and the role she has.
As with most Bajorans, she doesn't keep her opinions to herself easily and when she thinks it necessary, she will get her point across. Having grown up in an occupied world as part of the resistance, she knows how to follow orders.

Environment (Origin): Homeworld

Upbringing: Diplomacy/Politics

Starfleet Academy: Operations

Career: Young Officer. Lieutenant

Career Events:
  • [1]Conflict with A Hostile Culture
    [2]Special Commendation/Battle Tactics

Ship Role: Chief of Security\Tactics

Roleplay Samples:

1) The young Bajoran girl had just celebrated her eleventh birthday, and was smiling as she practically skipped into the Cardassian Ward Prefect's office in her town's sector. The weaved basket she was carrying had the desert bread that the Prefect was fond of, and she had promised him some. He had caught her trying to bargain for some fruit a month ago, and had pity on her, he said because her smile reminded him of his own daughter. She had brought him things he asked for many times and took what he gave in return, most thankfully.
It was all a ploy to gain his trust, and the basket she carried had explosives interwoven in the lining. She knew to dive behind the safe that was against one wall before the explosion went off. She had ignored his yelling before the detonation as she had ignored all the trinkets and such he had given her. None of it was her idea, but she was doing her part. She fled out the back, and many mourned after her death, blaming their oppressors as she was moved to another town to keep up the fight. It wasn't her first time to kill and it wouldn't be her last.

2) The freighter wasn't even capable of really hauling freight anymore, but that didn't matter. This was an all or nothing mission; they'd take the Cardassian light assault ship and the weapons it held, or die trying. The ship she was on was in a slow spin, so she and the other freedom fighters held on to various points until the other ship docked with it. Her freighter was supposed to have a highly valued Bajoran resistance person on board, and this was the only reason the Cardassian's hadn't fully blown it to bits already. Some had died already, but it was to be expected. The Ore dust that lined the cargo bays blocked sensor sweeps, so the Cardassians couldn't detect the crammed in squads of armed resistance fighters inside them.
The Cardassian ship let their shields down and docked with the old freighter only to find the docking ring sealing itself to the hull by a heat fusing compound. Security teams from the Cardassian ship stormed the airlock and met resistance. But... this was all part of Catka's plan. Personal, one-use short range transporters moved the squads of Bajoran rebels onto the Cardassian ship in all manner of strategic positions.
It was bloody, and violent, and over quickly. Transporting her team over into various prone positions into strategic spots on the ship meant her team had an immediate advantage. This earned Catka the highest honor for Valor a Bajoran could get in wartime, along with a reputation as a war hero, and a high price on her head during the war from the Cardassians.

3) She was days away from graduating from Starfleet, one of the first Bajorans to do so, especially in this manner. She had tested out of most courses with high marks not having to do classtime. It was an agreement entered in to that her past experience would be evaluated and count for certain classes. She had aced all the physical and security requirements, save one; the Kobayashi Maru. She was certain she could win the day and pass this test that all others save one had failed.
She was wrong.
She carried the burden of failure hard, it being the first time she had truly lost at something when a lot of people were depending on her. Sure she had lost friends and family during the occupation, but this was something she had caused or prevented from happening all on her own. Though she was ensured it was meant for all to fail, she knew one had passed, so she was sure she could.
She has never forgotten that, and after a time, she realized it was a much needed lesson she needed to learn. She is grateful to Starfleet for it in that no one died before she had to understand what it meant to make decisions that cost people their lives who were just crew and not combatants like she thought of them.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-04-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:07 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I think my app is finished. Really got into her Roleplay/backstory. If it's too long I apologize, but I wanted to give an outside looking in view of Catka, and then an inside looking out view of her as well. Hope you like it.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:22 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15612
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
inside looking out view of her as well. Hope you like it.
That sounds gross and painful.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22259
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
No redshirt?
Old 09-04-2019, 06:12 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
No redshirt?
We're in TNG time Moon, redshirt is command now.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Ah... FAIL
Old 09-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-04-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame DM 2007

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8348
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Walking Dead.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	81512  
Old 09-04-2019, 10:45 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I ain't no Red Shirt.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:23 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Lol walking dead!
Old 09-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9559
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
I love the Concept here. I've been a fan of Trek for basically my entire life. (It's the first live-action tv show I remember seeing, followed by Seinfeld, which probably explains a lot) I would love to apply, but with the character I have in mind, I'd be in direct competition for the slot with someone I like too much to even hint at taking the opportunity away from them. Plus, I know they do great stuff, and my abilities are lacking comparatively.

If you decide to open it up for the possibility of more than one character in a particular department, I'll be sure to apply with my Betazoid.

Good Luck, Wodine. This looks like it's going to be excellent.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:54 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratek187 View Post
If you decide to open it up for the possibility of more than one character in a particular department, I'll be sure to apply with my Betazoid.
I thought about that a la, chief O'Brien to Geordi LaForge, but the problem is it is really hard to mix bridge crew and non bridge crew consistently - and I'd hate for you to lag behind in the action because you're not the Chief.

Ya'know?
Old 09-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
I figured. I was looking at Security, but I didn't see her being "Tactical", as firing ship weapons and dealing with hostiles differs thematically. Plus, Drachen is good people and is always hunting for games like this.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:01 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Well you've got a week to think about it, mull it over. Maybe watch first contact or some episodes of voyager, maybe you'll be inspired.

Last edited by wodine; 09-05-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
I know what I'd do, the character I'd make, the role I'd enjoy. I wouldn't be able to move from that character, since most of her is already "written in my head". I tend not to vary much in what I enjoy to play. I'm in 4 games currently, with 3 of them being Rogues. I play what I'm comfortable with, because it allows me to better expand the character itself. I've played a lot of Trek sims over the years, and I just am most comfortable with Security characters.

At your mention, it's been a little while since I watched The Animated Series. I know it's blasphemy to some, but I'll always consider DS9 to be the best series in that universe.