RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-31-2019, 08:47 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Adventures in the Forbryter Oubliette

Game NameAdventures in the Forbryter Oubliette
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeFresh Start in a Harsh Frontier
FlavourCo-Operative Survival, Low Magic Item, Heavy Role Play
Plot Summary
The SettingUse Faerun for your Home, Pantheon, Background, Crimebackstory, but you're no longer there. Your character was convicted of a
  • No murder, rape, or treason
  • You're not necessarily guilty
  • The Oubliette is used by any government with knowledge but access is maintained by The Council of Six in Athkatla who often accept bribes to take known innocents
  • Think outside the box; creativity here is going to be the most highly regarded section of the application
minor crime* and sentenced to banishment.

You find yourself on another plane in a penal colony known as the Forbryter Oubliette. There's only one known established town, but the gates are barred to your entry. A harsh winter set in early, ruining the harvest, and the townsfolk are starving. Unwilling to take on the burden of more people, they turn away the batch of new arrivals on threat of death.

As a newcomer to a place that's hardly common knowledge, you're literally left out in the cold with no idea what's around you. You turn to those around you to survive.

The Application
Name:
Race & Subrace: Any nonflying from PHB, Volo, or EEPC. SCAG's Tieflings okay.
Class: Level 1, any from PHB, XgtE, SCAG. No UA or Homebrew. Other official sources considered case by case.
Background: Same as class sources, plus Tomb of Annihilation is definitely in, Ravnica and Eberron are definitely out. Otherwise, asking doesn't hurtsome. Reskinning is okay, but give me the source and do a spoiler tag rewrite. Consider carefully. While Acolyte's Shelter of the Faithful, Guild Artisan's Membership, etc.some might suit your backstory, they'll be near useless in game play. Anthropologist's Linguist, Archaeologist's Historical Knowledge, Outlander's Wander, etc.Others would be a huge boon. Also, if your background comes with a Haunted One's Harrowing Event, Hermit's Discovery, Inheritor's Inheritance etc.story hook, be prepared to write it up and work for it.
  • Personality Traits
  • Ideal
  • Bond
  • Flaw
Appearance & Personality: Sure, you can cover your appearance with an image, but tell us about who you are. Give me some adjectives.
Backstory: You can give your life story or just give the details of your crime. Imagine you're getting to know the rest of the party around the campfire. What would you divulge? Feel free to lie your pants off or be plainly open, but I want the truth in secret tags.
Interactions: Either in secret tags or in the open, let me know how your character would feel about the other characters as the applications come in. I stole this from Troy, and I found it a great tool to hit the ground running when the game starts. Feel free to tag back and forth if you feel someone misread your character. You don't need to do all of the other characters, but bonus points if you do. Minimum three.

Gameplay & FAQ
  • Party Balance: I'll try to draft a capable team, but I have a feeling this campaign is going to bring a lot of ranger, barbarian, and druid applications. That said, I'd totally take 5 cloistered scholar wizards with great backstories before any one character with a great build and cliché backstory.
  • Party Size: I honestly don't know. I expect 6, but I've been known to accept way more. I'd also like to keep it manageable though, so I might be more strict with myself. Anyone not accepted will be on the reserve list if I need more players.
  • PvP: Social only. You can insight check each other and rifle through each other's things, but no violence. This is meant to be a co op game. You'll need each other out there.
  • Ability Scores: Point Buy 27
  • HP: Max at first level, rolled thereafter, reroll 1s.
  • Gold & Equipment: Standard per class & background, but spend your gold. Any gold left over was confiscated before you were teleported to the Oubliette. **Encumbrance, Rations, and Ammunition will be tracked; buy extra!**
  • Multiclassing: Not until Level 5, Maximum two classes.
  • Tone: Keep in mind your PCs are struggling to survive in a forbidding and unknown environment. Please keep any OOC jokes to the OOC thread.
  • Any tips on Favoured Terrain/Enemy?: You have no idea. Your PC's ignorance extends to the Player. Tie it to your backstory.
  • I have an idea....: Let's hear it.
  • DM feedback: I intend to provide heavy feedback. If you have specific questions, I'd suggest a second secret tag or fieldset with anything I haven't answered in Bold so it catches my eye as I scroll through. If you have multiple questions, a bullet list will help my poor little brain.
  • Orphans: I get it. Faerun is a rough place, but what's with all the orphans? Let's try a new trope, please.
  • Can newbies apply?: Yes, please.
  • Can I work on my application with...?: I love co-applications. Go nuts.
  • Character Sheet: If you have it, I'd love to see it. Not necessary until acceptance.
  • Are you still reading this?: Bless your heart.
  • Application Deadline: Midnight Pacific 9/18/19.

General Player Questions:
  • Is UA ranger allowed? Would it be a good idea?: I'm not giving blanket approval to the revised ranger, because I see them as a wee bit over-powered, but, I also know the relative power level of rangers to other classes. Keep in mind, all the "situational stuff" that's typically discounted when evaluating rangers is going to be the cornerstone of this game. So, with that said, if there are some aspects of the revised ranger that you want to ask for, I might approve a couple on a case by case basis, but I think you'll be far happier with the base ranger in this game than you might be in other games.

Applicants
PlayerCharacterRaceClass
DrachenspiritLulrei KhaneilHumanWarlock
GrouchyAtruxLizardfolkRanger
VaynolMirianna LokremHumanSorceress
EditionsVeteranAetus Hi'ErionWood ElfFighter?
OrgetorixAileen TurenForest GnomeWarlock
AlemarPeiper SlateskinMountian DwarfFighter
NiyagaMedelTieflingBard

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 09-12-2019 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:35 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10062
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Hexblade App - WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Lulrei Khaneil

Race : Human, Illuskan

Class: Warlock Hexblade

Background: Inheritor

Alignment: CG

Characteristics
  • Personality Trait - I get bored easily. When am I going to get on with my Destiny
  • Ideal - Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling
  • Bond - I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day I hope to see them again.
  • Flaw - I have a weakness for vices of the City, especially strong drink.

Appearance & Personality:
Pronounced: 'Lul-ray', though the first syllable is less emphasized. Spoken correctly, it is said quickly and almost sounds like "lil'ray', but with the "uh" sound between the "L's"Lulrei stands 5'11" tall, and weighs around 165 lbs. She has an Athletic to muscular build with Raven black hair and green eyes.
Her personality is quite easy going when there's no danger about. She is quick with a laugh, even at her own expense, finds good in most people, and loves to have a good time.
She is always extremely interested and curious about all things Arcane.

Backstory: The Khaneil family have been merchants for generations. Although they have dabbled in many profit making ventures, their largest and continuing enterprise is that of Mutton and Wool.
They raise sheep and own a great many farms of those who do as well. They dabble in the halls of Nobility when they need to, but those that do in the family are few. Lulrei has 5 brothers and two sisters. She is the middle child and grew up traveling up and down the Sword coast on ships and caravans. When she became 10, she stayed with an Aunt and Uncle on a large sheep ranch in the hill country of Amn. She learned how to Nature Skillprotect the sheep as a Shepherd would and learn to Survival Skilllive off the land when need be.
She was happy here for many years.
On her 16th birthday, she was sent to meet her Parents in Waterdeep. It was here that she learned of her fate. Every other generation, the middle child of the middle child makes a Pact with an unknown entity from the Shadowfell. This person so designated, takes up the way of the blade and embarks on a quest for knowledge for this entity. She is told that this pact is not only binding on her, but if she doesn't enter into this agreement, then her entire family's lives and fortune will be forfeit to this entity.
She readily agrees, and on a lonely hilltop in the dark woods outside of town, she is imbued with abilities and knowledge from this Shadowfell entity.
She knows how to wield certain blades and how to wear and use many types of armor. Beginner magical cantrips and spells are bestowed upon her
She is fitted with a remade armor of her family's business colors, Blue, Gold, and Silver and the emblem of a Ram.

After a bit of training, she is sent on her first quest by this entity. She is to steal a Tome from a Library in the far away city of Silvermoon.
She hires on as a caravan guard and embarks from Waterdeep on the Longroad to Triboar. From there, she traveled the Evermoor way to Silverymoon, once again as a Caravan guard. She presents herself as a Noble Knight of the Merchant House of Khaneil in order to gain access. Her Patron had told her right where the Tome would be. It was on a dusty shelf, in between a Tome called 'The Apex Testament' and an equally old and large Tome named, 'The Codices Of Rocmir.'

She ingeniously used an visiting Academic's magical bag of holding to get the Tome out of the Library.
It was when she tried to steal the magical bag that she was caught by the old scholar's familiar. She was almost to a ship as she fled when the guards caught her.
She was brought before the authorities and when she explained that this tome was ancient and belonged in her family, she wasn't believed. She had no papers, or letters of Marque to prove who she was. The armor she wore meant nothing to the authorities, nor those who kept the Vault of the Sages.
Furthermore, they had not only never seen the Tome, nor did they have any record of it ever being in the library. In the end, they weren't sure if she was trying to sneak the tome in, or if she was up to something else, so she wasn't believe at all. Both she, and the Tome along with her were banished. She was sure her family would get word and start making inquiries on how to get her out of prison, but she wasn't sent to prison. She was sent to... here. Wherever here is.

Interactions/First Impressions: Lulrei was raised in a merchant family and that means all intelligent beings are capable of trading and thus doing business with. She looks down on no race, or species at all, recognizing all as equal. Certain warring Orc and Goblin tribes and the like may be the exceptions.
  • Atrux -Sees him as a capable warrior and hopes secretly that his barbaric tendencies doesn't get the group in too much trouble, or push opportunities away from the group.
  • Mirianna - Feels she is a kindred soul, both because she's human and has the use of the Arcane. Given she seems lost, Lulrei will feel a bit of a need to protect her.
  • Aetus - realizes quickly that he is a capable elven warrior. Given her ability to speak elven, she will on occasion if she feels she's not getting through to him. Inwardly, she things he needs to tone it back a bit given what the group now faces.
  • Aileen: Knows the friendly gnome from her time living in Amn. She trusts her and thinks of her fondly as they lived in the same area for a time and did business together.
  • Peiper - She finds a kindred spirit with the dwarf in the form of having a good time. She likes to drink and listen to tales.
  • Medel - They'll get along well given his spinning of tales and retelling of past battles and adventures. Sharing knowledge of the Arcane will be a welcome thing with her as well. He may be put off with her a bit when he finds she's of the well known Khaniel merchant family of the Sword Coast, though she herself, is not known among the family.
  • Jessamine Massot - She's heard of the Massot family, though only a tiny bit. Reputable and good traders is what she's heard, but nothing specific about the family. Jessamine is something of a mystery to Lulrei. She wants to take her at face value, but it seems like she's holding something back. Lulrei believes it to just be that she has some past she doesn't want coming out, whether that's it or not. She'll trust her outright, and only stop if that trust is lost.
  • Olaf the Stout - Lulrei will find a kindred joking spirit in Olaf. She's no trouble tearing verbal strips off him as long as he returns the favor. Any insult mixed with a good comedic style line will have Lulrei laughing a lot, sometimes when it's at the worst time. Olaf should find this out quick about Lulrei and it may become a game to see if he can crack her up when it's borderline inappropriate.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-11-2019 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Adding newest Player's Characters
Old 08-31-2019, 09:54 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 08-31-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:20 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Hi there! I have a TWF ranger -yes I known they're suboptimal- I have been dying to play. Is UA ranger allowed? Would it be a good idea?
Old 09-01-2019, 09:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Interested. Complete for now, will add interactions as the applications come in.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Atrux
Race: VoloLizardfolk
Class: Ranger 1
Background: Outlander

Personality Traits:
I am incredibly calm and methodical, and find it difficult to get excited. I see no problem with scavenging items and making food out of fallen enemies. My emotions are more animal than human, but it's just the way I was born.

Ideal:
Survival. I will do whatever it takes to return to my tribe and bear children.

Bond:
I am loyal to the teachings and ways of my tribe. People and things that bring me pleasure and/or are useful to my survival should be protected and looked after.

Flaw:
Laughter seems to bring others to ease, so I try to mimic it often - even when it is inappropriate.

Appearance:
Atrux's monstrous appearance can be frightening to those who are unfamiliar with the lizard men of the south. Atrux stands as tall as a man but slightly hunch backed, and would most likely be much taller if he could stand up straight. He has a long elongated jaw and snout that resembles that of a crocodile, with razor sharp yellowed teeth and a long snake-like purple tongue. Thick grey scales cover his body, intermingled with shades of green, and his wiry relaxed build reminds you of a coiled snake. His reptilian eyes are yellow and watery, and seem to rotate independently of each other. A simple ragged and dirty looking loincloth secured by a thick leather belt covers his nethers, and from underneath the loincloth a large crocodile tail emerges from his hindquarters. A ratty looking cloak made out of crudely stitched wolf fur is around his shoulders, and on his hands and feet are crude looking gloves and boots stitched out of different kinds of animal fur. A crude leather backpack with a makeshift quiver contains most of his personal items, and attached to the belt is a variety of gruesome looking blades, both long and short. A longbow is slung over his body at the right shoulder, and although well used it appears properly maintained and in good condition.

Personality:
Like most lizard-men, Atrux has simple needs and wants. Life is all about survival and the tribe. Providing for the tribe and procreating to continue the tribe, specifically. Emotions like the smooth skins are so fond of are alien to Atrux - he does fear dangerous things, he just recognizes them as things that can kill him and should thus be avoided. He will gladly attack and kill something that he sees as food or needs, but prefers to flee or hide from equally strong creatures who threaten him with harm. He recognizes the needs for a strong tribe to protect oneself, and those in his accepted fold that he sees as useful or bring him pleasure are things to be guarded and protected as they will do the same for him. Life is about the here and now - the future is always uncertain. He saw that laughter can sometimes bring favorable results to the smooth skins, so when he is around them he tries to mimic it but the combination of the horrible gurgling sound and it being interjected in inappropriate places does not always go over well with others.

Interactions:

Last edited by Grouchy; 09-03-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
Basic InfoName: Mirianna Lokrem
Race & Subrace: Human
Class: Sorceress
Background: Outlander
Personality Traits: I trust in the inherent goodness of others to the extent that others believe me to be overly naive. Despite appearances otherwise I am very driven — my aim is to strengthen my magic so as to defend others weaker than I from those who would pray upon them.
Ideal: Magic should be used to protect the oppressed.
Bond: There is nothing I won’t do to recover my lost memories.
Flaw: I believe in the greater good, even if it is not the right course of action to take.

Appearance and PersonalityFor Mirianna Lokrem, beauty is indeed skin deep. On the surface, the girl is truly beautiful, with eyes the colour of deepest emerald glimmering with twin pinpricks of enigmatic light — a dancing light to bedazzle those who would look upon her in their intertwining webs. Her alabaster skin, pale and flawless, resembles a porcelain doll.

Mirianna is woefully unprepared for the Forbryter Oubliette, dressed as she is in tattered and torn garments identifying her station in life — that of a lowly peasant. Not only that, but these tattered robes offer scant protection against the elements, specifically the bitter cold as the harshness of winter begins to settle in.

She speaks in a voice that is lightly lilted, almost musical in tone. Softly spoken, what is curious about Mirianna’s speech is her penchant for speaking in an unusual, almost olde-world dialect, with some of her expressions and mannerisms being decidedly archaic for the time she now lives in.

Mirianna is an amnesiac. She does not remember her life prior to the Oubliette. It is as lost to her as the ethereal void itself, although she sometimes suffers vivid nightmares of the time before it is as fleet and shadowy as ghosts dancing in the darkness. Every time she reaches out to clutch the strange fleeting memories, they dissipate into nothingness whenever she begins to get close to them.

This is her goal. It is her obsession.

BackstoryMirianna woke, and when she woke she found the snow coming down. Clutching tattered robes futilely to her chest, Mirianna sat up to see herself lying on a hilltop. Gasping from the shock of the chill landing through her body, she stood, stumbling down the hilltop, trying to find something....someone....anything in the way of habitation and humanity in this strange land.

In her mind, the time before was nothing but a deep and dark black hole. Her memories gone, torn asunder from her being like one would tear a gnat from their body, she tried to recall something, anything from her forgotten past. It was gone though. All of it, gone. Everything that had made her who she was had been stripped from her, and all she had left was a name.

Mirianna Lokrem.

Eventually, seeing a village in this strange and inhospitable place, Mirianna limped towards it with the last of her fading energy......

She was turned away from the door, refused entry on pain of death. Desperate, defeated, Mirianna fell to her knees in the snow, not knowing where to turn or who to turn to.

It was then that her hands erupted into a ball of luminescent energy, the light shining from them, called forth and given being from her desperation.

”Magic....I have magic,” she whispered in stunned amazement.

Standing, she gazed at her hands in wonder, the light streaming forth as she turned away from the gates. Perhaps....perhaps she wasn’t dead quite yet.

InteractionsLulrei Khaneil: I am lost. My memories are nothing but an impenetrable dark void. Just when I think there is nowhere I can turn to, she is there. She is a shoulder for me to lean on when things get difficult and I feel that she is someone I can rely on. Even though all looks dark and the way is shadowed, her manner is something that sets me at ease.

Her strange mixture of swordplay and magic is curious, something that intrigues me. I must learn more.....

Atrux: Although I would say that I’ve never met one of the lizardfolk before, I don’t know that to actually be the truth. I can remember nothing in my memories save the swirling dark miasma of forgetfulness. However, that said, there is something......primal about Atrux, and I don’t know how I feel about that.

He is an oddity in a land of the unknown. Such a combination will surely lead to trouble.

Aetus Hi’ Erion: The elf makes me feel uneasy. His eyes look at me like they see me as.....a lesser person? Weak perhaps? Yes, perhaps he makes me feel weak. It makes me want to call on my magic, show him that I can be as strong as the others....that although I have no memories that in itself doesn’t make me a weakling.

I am lost, yes, but that does not make me incapable of defending myself, and I have the means inside of me to prove it.

I only wish I knew how I came to have the use of magic.....

Aileen Turen: Shes so fast she makes my head spin with her unbridled creativity. When she speaks, you can see the love and passion of what she speaks of....if you can ever get her to quieten down. She seems somewhat flighty to me, but I feel that on a personal level she can be trusted.

Are all gnomes like that? I wish I could remember.

Peiper Slateskin: The dwarf seems solid enough, with a jovial enough manner to set one at ease somewhat. I feel reassured by his presence, albeit his pursuit of the more.....base pleasures is something that I fail to see the use of.

Medel: The tiefling is an enigma to me....yet there is something there that I cannot explain that intrigues me. His heritage draws me to him in a way that I cannot explain, and I feel that there is a kinship there that is beyond my comprehension. This....this is a riddle that I will find the solution to however.

Jessamine Massot: I can’t shake the notion that I know Jessamine from somewhere. She is impulsive, reckless, daring and she has an attractive roguish charm that I cannot help but smile to. Despite her mannerisms I find myself liking her and I find myself wanting to spend time in her company. I hope to get to know her better on our journey.

Olaf the Stout: Despite his frightening appearance and the fact he looks like he could snap me in twain with barely the effort, Olaf’s personality is anything but. He’s straight talking, mayhap a bit too blunt for my liking but I know I can trust him. He will not let me or anyone else down — that I truly believe.

Last edited by Vaynol; 09-15-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditionsVeteran View Post
Hi there! I have a TWF ranger -yes I known they're suboptimal- I have been dying to play. Is UA ranger allowed? Would it be a good idea?
I'm not giving blanket approval to the revised ranger, because I see them as a wee bit over-powered, but, I also know the relative power level of rangers to other classes. Keep in mind, all the "situational stuff" that's typically discounted when evaluating rangers is going to be the cornerstone of this game. So, with that said, if there are some aspects of the revised ranger that you want to ask for, I might approve a couple on a case by case basis, but I think you'll be far happier with the base ranger in this game than you might be in other games.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
I'm not giving blanket approval to the revised ranger, because I see them as a wee bit over-powered, but, I also know the relative power level of rangers to other classes. Keep in mind, all the "situational stuff" that's typically discounted when evaluating rangers is going to be the cornerstone of this game. So, with that said, if there are some aspects of the revised ranger that you want to ask for, I might approve a couple on a case by case basis, but I think you'll be far happier with the base ranger in this game than you might be in other games.
Thanks for the answer!

I think I will just go with an wood elf fighter. Is a modified Uthguard Tribe member background from the Sword Coast acceptable to depict a wild elf from the North? The idea is that he was exiled for 101 years for a crime he did not -entirely- commit and wants to find a way to go back and clear his name. Can work great with a druid character or another elven or half-elven character. Plus, it is a nice change from the Outlander background.

Survival-wise, it gives him enhanced foraging abilities and a proficiency in Bower's tools, to manufacture ammunition if needed.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:26 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditionsVeteran View Post
Thanks for the answer!

I think I will just go with an wood elf fighter. Is a modified Uthguard Tribe member background from the Sword Coast acceptable to depict a wild elf from the North? The idea is that he was exiled for 101 years for a crime he did not -entirely- commit and wants to find a way to go back and clear his name. Can work great with a druid character or another elven or half-elven character. Plus, it is a nice change from the Outlander background.

Survival-wise, it gives him enhanced foraging abilities and a proficiency in Bower's tools, to manufacture ammunition if needed.
The Heritage feature would be slightly self-nerfing, because you're not going to be in those lands or meet those people, but it can totally work. You'd still get the foraging benefit, but I'd say you only get advantage on charisma rolls to deal with people similar to the ones you're supposed to get help from per the feature.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
The Heritage feature would be slightly self-nerfing, because you're not going to be in those lands or meet those people, but it can totally work. You'd still get the foraging benefit, but I'd say you only get advantage on charisma rolls to deal with people similar to the ones you're supposed to get help from per the feature.
Thanks for this. Here is Aetus Hi-Erion, 'He whose blood runs quickly'. I will post the details in this post, as he is still work in progress.

Aetus, Wood Elf fighterName: Aetus Hi’ Erion (“He whose blood runs quick”)
Race & Subrace: Wood Elf

Class: Fighter level 1

Background: Elf from the North (Heritage)

Personality Traits
I look down on people who are not warriors.
I over-emphasize my tribal heritage, because I am the only one who remembers it here.
I think like a stalker and a hunter.

Ideal
Sincerity: I must always seem myself clearly, and the others too. I abide no treachery.
People: I must find a new tribe. We are all we have

Bond
I will master my impulsive nature and achieve serenity. Then, I will find who destroyed my people
I am probably the last true warrior of my tribe. Me deeds will preserve my people's name and heritage.

Flaw
I can be impulsive and emotional.
I have been betrayed. I do not trust easily and I detest lying. I cannot abide treachery.

Appearance & Personality:
Aetus is average in height for a wood elf, standing between 5 and 6 ft ( 1.75 m). His slender, whip-cord physique makes him look rather taller. He has very pale bronze skin and black eyes and hair. In his chest a back, there are extensive tattoos of elven runes and pictograms. Aetus is dressed in leather, wool and cotton, with numerous cords and scarves on his person. As is his people’s custom, he wears a scarf when he hunts or stalks and carrues a short leather cowled cloak made from his skin of a mountain leopard, his first kill. Other than that, his only personal item is a necklace of a strange large tooth his Elders gave him. Noone has even been able to identify it.
Aetus walks with the sure grace of a born athlete. While he is not especially muscled, he has the controlled energy of a coiled spring in his actions and movements. They are always a bit too fast, too precise to seem relaxed. This constrained tension is also seen in his facial expressions, When he is focused, his face is a mask, when he laughs, his whole face splits in a grin and when he is angry, he looks like a thundercloud.

Backstory:
Aetus is an elf of the North, barely a century old. His people, the Tar- Quarisi, have lived in the primordial forests of the Spire mountain-ranges since the world was young. Aetus was born in world of majestic snow-covered valleys and huge forests, cold plains and forbidding mountain peaks. His kin have been fearful hunters, patient artisans and wise dreamers for millennia. In that world, Aetus Hi-Erion was born and raised to be a warrior and a stalker, hunting his people' s enemies and seeking his prey as silently as a snow leopard.
However, Aetus was not named ˜He whose blood runs quickly" for nothing. Among his kin, he was always quick to act, quick to decide and quick to speak. He wore his thoughts on his sleeve and often voiced them. His fighting prowess was apparent early on, but his Elders watched and cajoled, trying to teach the young warrior serenity. They failed.

A month ago, Aetus was coming back with a patrol, after tracking and fighting mountain goblins. Aetus had just been accepted by the Snow Wolves, the prestigious border guards of the Tar-Quarisi. However, his first mission was a disaster. Tasked with ambushing mountain goblins that were encroaching in the People's territory, Aetus' band kept attacking goblin fortified positions, losing members in the process. Aetus quickly realized that his band's leader, the elf Sarriss was an incompetent, who had been given command only because he was the son of the legendary Warchief of all the Seven tribes. Sarriss was after the goblin;s plunder, and did not care how we would get it. As was his habit, Aetus voiced his opinion in the campfire and again in the Council, when the struggling band came home. But Sarriss was too cunning and shrewd. He had arranged behind Aetus' back to blame defeat at the young, untested warrior, by making sure his inner circle of friends shared the spoils. As such, Aetus was thrown out of the Wolves for slandering the victorious Sarriss and conveniently sentenced to Forbrytter for 101 years, to learn courage and cunning there.

And so, here is Aetus, the double betrayal by his comrades and his commander still raw. Aetus will learn patience and serenity, oh yes. He will thrive even in Oubliette and make such a legacy of his name,to give even the Tar-Quarisi elders pause.

Interactions:
Atrux: The lizard knows what he is doing and his heart is in the right place. He understands the value of the tribe and knows how hard survival can be. But he as beast as he is a man. And beasts can be unpredictable.
Mirianna Lokrem: I cannot understand the human. Her powers are strange and she is like a child. A powerful child. She is rootless and branchless. But kids are sacred, the Elders say, are they not?
Medel: A mushroom should not be judged by its color, the Elders say, because the prettiest are the deadliest and the ugliest the most nourishing. It takes some time to understand the creature. But sometimes he reeks of duplicity and I cannot stand liars.
Aileen Turen: The gnome is no fighter. She has strange powers, true. But she is a city rat. On the other hand, she too, was betrayed and framed. In that, she is a kindred spirit.
Lulrei Khaneil: I like this human. She laughs easily and she is good with a blade. Blade and magic can be a very potent combination.
Jessamine Massot: To see such potential wasted. Jessamine is unreliable. I hope she sees she cannot charm winter. And lies have very short feet.
Olaf The Stout: I like this human. He is sturdy, he says his mind and he seems dependable. I don't begrudge him his dislike of elves. Some of my cousins can be haughty at times.
Titan : What a wonderful creature Titan is! He is made of Art and strength, and has the heart of a child. I would gladly travel with him

Last edited by EditionsVeteran; 09-13-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
@EditionsVeteran: I know you're new, so I don't know if you're aware, but rpgcrossing has its own character sheet profile, which will be the Just to make info easy to find at a glance.official character sheet for this game. If you prefer your own, you can use it for your reference, but I'll need the official one for my use, meaning you'll have to upkeep two sheets. I know this can be complicated (because I use dndbeyond sheets for my PCs, but give my DMs the site's sheets, but it's your call if you use the secondary sheet.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
Posting my interest here! I'm new to 5e, but it doesn't look too different from 3.5 or PF.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 09-01-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:27 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
Mostly done, just need to proofread it a bit

Aileen
left-aligned image
Name: Aileen Turen
Race & Subrace: Forest Gnome
Class: Fey Warlock

Background: Guild Artisan (Weaver/dyer)
Personality Traits: I'm creative and hard working. I like structure in my life.
Ideal: Art, community, religion and hard work are my four pillars. Your life is stronger with those.
Bond: Lasair's necklace is my most precious treasure. It reminds me of my friends and family and it soothes the pain a bit.
My faith in Lady Tymora keeps me going, she has never left me down.
Flaw: My indecision, if coupled with urgency tends to make me really anxious, and it can go all downhill from there.
Some say that I can be a bit prideful, but I call it earning what's yours.

Appearance & Personality: When she's at ease you can see Aileen singing or mumbling things to herself, or rapidly tapping different parts of her head if she's thinking. Always in fashion, the gnome likes to wear properly tailored clothes that match her phisique, which is not hard since almost everything goes with a tame grey skin tone, fiery yellow eyes, and auburn locks. Plus, being less than 4 feet tall means twice the wardrobe!

Creative and very methodical in her actions, the young tailor is most comfortable when quickly brainstorming concepts one after another, starting from scratch ten times if needed be, until she finds the most interesting one. When faced with instant decisions tho, she has been known to make some big obvious mistakes, often overlooking glaring issues. All in all, Aileen is a competent and hardworking individual, when she manages to get her mind to focus on the subject, that is.

On a social level, Aileen loves feeling as a part of a caring community, and she tries to fit there by being as involved as possible in it, not minding going a bit out of her way to help others in need.
Affable and a bit chatty, her gnomish blood makes her talk for a few more seconds than what's really comfortable for society. That is unless she's discussing her Arts, gossip, historyinterests, in which case she will talk endlessly with a burning passion, albeit little structure.
When facing violence, her reaction favors the flight aspect, usually trying to avoid the situation and alleviate the damage, rather than facing the troubles head on, unless there is no other way.

Backstory: WIP It all starts at Tethyr forest, way south in Amn, where her mother Breena shared a cold night with a forest gnome in one of her caravan runs. She kept it as a secret, hoping her husband Sindri wouldn't notice, but the second he saw the baby's skin he knew. Aileen had inherited the dark tones of the forest instead of the rock's ochres. That day Sindri left them both, and she would never see her stepfather again .

The gnome's infancy was a bit rough, travelling from town to town with her mother's entourage, and barely surviving in the tough competition of the trade way. Those years were not in vain though. In the constant travelling she opened to people, and through their interactions, picked up a few Elvishlanguages and dialects, as well as quite a bit of history and lore from the old Republic.

Having reached 10 years of age, her mother decided that she didn't want her child to follow her steps in such a hard trade, and even less leave her in a primitive forest with her father, if they could ever find him. Instead, Breena took Aileen to the small temple of Tymora, in Athkatla for a blessing. The Lady must have smiled on the child, because coincidentally, the priest there had a tailor brother that was looking for an apprentice. Taking it as a sign, Breena accepted, and a week later, the child was living with Master Khemed Dumein.

In the strange little shop, without knowing anyone, Aileen focused her mind on the job, and soon it was clear to her mentor that the girl was gifted. Being in the capital of the trade empire, Aileen had access to the best materials and an unendless pit of inspiration. Plus, the forest genes bolstered the kid's natural creativity in a bizarre and uncommon way, and the "Dumein's Magnificent Tailoring" business flourished with its new talented student

Aileen breathed Amn's culture, almost becoming human in character, and little by little she started to be a part of the city, even by helping wherever she could with clothes made of scraps to give the needy a second chance like the one she had. By the time she was a young woman, she had become an accomplished tailor, had a bunch of friends, and even scored a stable boyfriend. Her mother visited regularly enough for Aileen not to miss her too much, and they spent all the time they could together, with clockwork visits to the Lady's temple to thank her for the blessings.
All in all, life was going great for the young gnome. In the store Aileen made a decent living, and on the side, her little charity brought unexpected clients as they recovered from their problems. Mr. Dumein was getting old for a human, and it wouldn't be long until she could buy the business for herself, but one day a great opportunity appeared, and as her mother reminded her, Tymora only smiles at the brave.

The prestigious Weavers Guild opened a position inside their doors as a resident tailor. Of course the opening already had a name, and the judges had been bribed by the Argrims, a merchant family well connected to the infamous, but noble Vemmils. Still, the tribunal carried on with the tryouts to keep the farce. Aileen absolutely aced the rigurous tests, and in shame, three out of the six judges quit on the spot claiming unsurmountable differences in evaluation, forcing the tribunal to dissolve. The scandal grew enough to the point of having to retire the Argrim candidate before it was all made public, and when the test was repeated, the young gnome got her rightful spot. One of the youngest gnomes to ever make it, at 35 years of age.

Obviously, this didn't sit well with the merchant family, and not a year after, Aileen got accused of stealing a collection of rare underdark silks. The planted proof was solid, and she was facing another unfair tribunal. Hubris, they called. Her pleas and cries did little to convince the Six, and the tailor was thrown into a dark cell for seven days, sentenced to exile at the Forbryter Oubliette.

A bit in shock after landing in her cell, Aileen sat down and started meditating on why and how she ended there. She had her suspicions, but not a definitive proof. Not that it mattered, but it helped pass the time. The picture was more and more clear, and the impotence turned it into tears and anger. In a fit of rage-fuelled anxiety, the little gnome hit every stone and kicked around her hay bed until she fell asleep, earning a few bruises in the process.
With the rest of her pillars gone, Aileen clinged onto religion, and the rest of her days there were spent in depression and prayers.

On Exile day, she could barely look up as she walked forwards in tears. Between the barely contained mob of people gathered for the mass exile, she could recognize some of her friend's faces, but the cheerful racket drowned any chance of communication. And she could only thank the Lady that her mother wasn't there so see her. Her now fiancé Lasair was waiting for her at the end of the road, where they allowed him to pack a few supplies for the other side. With a last kiss, he handed Aileen a necklace with the Lady's symbol before the guards separated them with their poles, and started to drive the tailor towards the building.

Interactions: I was given a second chance in life, and I believe everyone else should have one as well. Unjustified violence may turn me away from that, tho.
  • Lulrei - I have known her for some time now, and she has always been a good friend and trade partner. We have a lot more in common than we think, and while I don't want to say that I'm happy to find her here... I kinda am.
  • Atrux - The Lizardman makes me feel a bit uneasy. I can sense some sort of honor in his speech, but I can't figure out what that uncivilized honor consists consist of.
  • Mirianna - The girl seems pretty lost, so that's something we have in common. If nothing else, she is going to need a decent tailor.
  • Aetus - The elf scares me even more than the lizardman, and his obsession with vengeance seems to have consumed him. I think I felt some something like that when I was locked in prison, so I understand where he comes from. I wish I could help him, but at the very least, he is a good reminder of what can those thoughts can do to you.
  • Peiper - My mother warned me about this dwarf, and I didn't listen. Let's just say that he's banned from Dumein's store. He knows what he did. Apparently, he's a bit of a slacker, and he doesn't take things seriously, but at least he doesn't seem particularly ill-intentioned, and he is appreciative of art, so... Could be worse.
  • Medel - Tales of tieflings are wild, and range from them being consumate liars, to seducing mothers to later eat their babies. This one seems nice enough, and our love for silly gossip and stories may make us close friends. I don't mind giving him a chance to prove the tales wrong. Plus, we're out of babies, so there's that.
  • Jessamine -
  • Olaf -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TinyTailor.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	81474  

Last edited by Orgetorix; 09-06-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 11:42 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
@EditionsVeteran: I know you're new, so I don't know if you're aware, but rpgcrossing has its own character sheet profile, which will be the Just to make info easy to find at a glance.official character sheet for this game. If you prefer your own, you can use it for your reference, but I'll need the official one for my use, meaning you'll have to upkeep two sheets. I know this can be complicated (because I use dndbeyond sheets for my PCs, but give my DMs the site's sheets, but it's your call if you use the secondary sheet.
Thanks for this. I knew about the character sheets here, I just prefer my own. However, if you want applications to use the site's sheets, I will transfer the character there.