RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-02-2019, 03:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
*Application Complete*
left-aligned image

Name: Peiper Slateskin
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter

Background: Custom NobleYou're a Disappointment!

Personality Traits: I keep multiple Holy symbols on me, and invoke whatever Deity might come in useful (Charlatan), No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am above the unwashed masses (Noble)
Ideal: If I can attain more power, then no one can tell me what to do (Noble)
Bond: I idolize Heroes from the old tales, and measure my deeds against them (Entertainer)
Flaw: I have a near insatiable desire for carnal pleasures (Noble)

Appearance & Personality: Peiper is a rather likable, and jovial, Dwarf; at least that's what he tells himself. Living life as the Eldest son of a well respected Guild Merchant, Peiper never really had to work for nice things...and it shows in his laid-back demeanor. In fact the only thing that seems to get the young dwarf going, is listening to the bards recount tales of old warriors. Even going so far as to have his father hire a weapons trainer, all so that he could act out fights the from his favourite tales with somewhat accurate fight-choreography. It had once been his father's hope that the son would outgrow the fairy-tales, and take up the family business. Unfortunately, wine, women, and all other unwelcome behaviors, have slammed shut any respect the other Guild members had for the boy; and he now finds this avenue closed to him.

Backstory: Peiper Slateskin, First of his Name, Son of the Master, Heir Apparent to the Trader's Guild. What more could one hope for? To be aligned with such a respected, and affluent, collection of Merchants, Bards, and Tinkerers. Peiper, however, failed to grasp the significance of his position, and showed little interest, or aptitude in the tradings of material wealth. Many nights the young Dwarf would lay in his berth, comforted by the company of his stuffed Owlbear Oliver, and the stories from his nursemaids, all the while his parents argued about the future of their stalled son. When Peiper began to show an interest in the tales of great battles, and the heroes of Ages past; his father took up hope that if not a Tradesman perhaps he could become a soldier, and take some structured discipline that way. Peiper learned from tutors how to hold axes, and swords, in each hand; how to raise a shield, and how to flurry the strikes from one blow into the next, but still he seemed lacking. His mother had even suggested if stories were what her young son loved, perhaps he could go to a college and learn to tell them himself. As the Guild employed many such talented individuals as advisers, and guides, throughout the city. "There is no honor in the Guild Master's son becoming indentured to his subordinates" That, at least the two men could agree upon, and though he did not relish in the idea of his future Peiper agreed to be sent away to the military training camps, to gain rank, and respect there.

Peiper succeeded early on in his training, his tutelage giving him a sharp edge on the rest of his class. He even was selected as a candidate for advanced instruction on leadership and tactics, that was, until 'the incident'. His head instructor had decided to search through Peipers belongings, a great disrespect to be sure, and had found Oliver. Coupled with his constant recounting of the exploits of mythical dwarfs, and the childish wonderment in his voice, it was decided an example had to be made, to grow this child up. When Peiper returned to his barracks he found the instructor, with a blade to Oliver's chest, and a few of his classmates snickering around him. Fear took hold, and as the thought of losing his oldest and closest friend washed through him, a strange bolt of electricity shot through his muscles. Just as had happened in his favourite stories, the hero's eyes grew black. His hands found the well worn wood of his axe handles, and he made their steel edges dance, as if they had been enchanted by some sorcery. His instructor was not expecting an attack, though with years of experience, was able to avoid serious injury long enough for the others to restrain his assailant. Dropping the Owlbear, and clasping at his wounded shoulder, the senior man looked with hatred in his eyes upon his pupil. Peiper it seems, had done well enough with his surprise, and ferocity, to cut deep into the flesh. "Contraband, Attacking an Officer, Conduct unfit for Duty. You are hereby cast out of Service, you shall be exiled in the morning for your crimes... now take that" He pointed with his good arm towards Oliver "Thing... and report the the Stockades. You, and You" Again, he pointed with his good arm to two of the Dwarves restraining Peiper "Make sure he gets there safely, wouldn't want anything to happen to our brother before he has to face his punishment"

Interactions
Lulrei: Peiper would find this young woman attractive, and given her jovial manner would likely be drawn towards her (if not for her beauty, than at least for her stories) any possible martial expertise they could share would also draw them closer together, at least in his eyes...he would love a sparring partner.

Atrux: Having no past experience with Lizardfolk, Peiper is immediately distrustful and nervous around the ranger...let him earn it, and even then don't believe it.

Aetus: Having listened to stories of Dwarves fighting and killing Elves, who in turn fought and killed Dwarves, for centuries. Peiper is unsure of how any long term relationship will work out, although he is willing to put up with him for the time being. The fact they are both proud of their heritage, and adequate fighters, gives him an uneasy peace, though again, he knows not for how long.

Aileen: Given Peiper's experiences with Guild Artisans (he did grow up around them after all) he would be instantly at ease around her once he found out what she was...however she may not always appreciate, or reciprocate his overly friendly and comfortable stances

Medel: Peiper would have no idea what a Teifling looked like, and may believe he is looking at someone who has altered their appearance with magic to be more menacing. As long as he didn't act against Peiper, the young Dwarf would have no problems listening...and being the gulible boy he is, believing whatever story the fiend might choose to tell him.

Last edited by Alemar; 09-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2983
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
Any feedback or comment on Medel's fit in the game is welcomeWIP
right-aligned image
Working Image
Name: Medel
Race: PHB Tiefling
Class: College of LoreBard
Background: Criminal (Blackmailer)

Personality trait: Patience is the virtue of learning.
Ideal: Family and Friends. I’d give everything to find my family or to Help me out here my fellow players make a friend.
Bond: I owe everything to Mulophor- although he’s a maniacal tyrant with an insane leader.
Flaw: I find it hard to keep secrets where there might be an opportunity to be had.

Appearance & Personality: Nearly six foot tall. Medium build. Crimson skin. Glowing yellow eyes. Large curving horns. Medel does his best to obscure his appearance when he’s travelling in baggy clothes and a large cloak. He’s not been taught much self-care having been raised by mad wizards and has poor eating habits and hygiene.

Medel is a determined, intelligent but angry young tiefling, disgruntled at his lot in life. He believes his worth is much more than those of the rich merchants and nobles he preys upon. Having been locked away for most of his life he can easily lose himself for hours or days in a good library. This is his first love; literature, history and secrets. In recent times he’s realised he might actually have a family and this hope threatens to change his immoral ways.

Backstory: Medel grew up under the care of Shradin Mulophor, second in charge to the Mad Mage Halaster. Mulophor was a power hungry and capricious wizard who worked hard to stay in the good graces of his insane master and mentor.

Medel was a tiefling, a rare creature bearing an infernal blood-line; curse or gift from Asmodeus. Other peers and apprentices of the Mad Mage would say, "How’s your experiment going?" referring with derision to the tiefling. As he'd never seen another of his kind Medel just assumed he had been created by Mulophor in some bizarre magical accident. The tiefling also knew no other home than the dungeon under the mountain.

The young tiefling earned his name “meddle” as he’d always be getting into things he perhaps shouldn't be, such as the library and old books or spying on people’s relationships. Once he’d learnt a secret he’d figure out how to gain advantage from it and thereby find fulfillment and a sense of self-worth. Secrets were often taken from ancient scripts and he developed a love for words; particularly words and stories of power. He held his own among the strange crew under the mountain.

Occasionally Medel made his way to the streets of Waterdeep where he was reviled for his skin colour, cloven hooves and horns. He learnt to sneak and deceive, donning a hooded cloak and binding his hooves in thick layers of cloth to deaden the clip-clop sound. He hated the way others viewed him but was careful and watchful, always trying to learn a secret that would give him an advantage or opportunity.

Medel had a natural ability for words, magic and histories. He learnt many secrets from the extensive libraries in the Undermountain. Often secrets that people didn’t want others to know. Such as the sordid lineage of the noble House of Maerklos, the secrets of dark magic from ages past, who owed debts to whom. It was this information that enabled him to blackmail a few unlucky merchants and lesser nobles and bring him his first income and freedom.

After word of the tiefling’s blackmails returned to Mulophos the two had a row and Medel left the Undermountain. He found himself lost and wandering and was not welcome anywhere due to his demonic appearance. He developed a hatred for the common people of above ground Waterdeep who treated him with such disdain. So he left beyond the city gates and headed south.

Yearning for some simple companionship Medel travelled south, eventually arriving in Athkatla. Two things happened in Athkatla that would forever change the the tiefling. A magical bird messenger found him and delivered a note from Mulophor. It read

A blackmail against a young noble of the House Vymmar paid off well with the young man embroiled in a scandal threatening his arranged marriage. However the Council of Six got wind of the newcomer to Amn and were glad for an excuse to rid Athkatla of this demonic blackmailer. As everything the tiefling had exposed was true it was even more uncomfortable for the authorities. Something needed to be done.

Interactions:

Drachenspirit’s Lulrei Khaneil

Medel would be fascinated by the Illuskan if she didn’t treat the tiefling with the disdain he’s found elsewhere on the Sword Coast. He would probably have read or heard of the Khaneils and might know something of Lulrei. If he witnessed her magic then he'd be even more curious. A little kindness towards the tiefling could well blossom into a friendship.

Grouchy’s Atrux
Medel would see the lack of emotion or disgust at the tiefling’s appearance as a blessing and an opportunity for alliance. Both the lizardman and tiefling had outlandish features and could not hope for solace in cities but together they might be strong enough to carve out their own place.

Vaynol’s Mirianna Lokrem
Medel would be intrigued by Mirianna’s unusual speech and would seek to learn more of her. Of course this interest might turn to aloofness or even hostility if she demonstrated her kinds typical disdain for the tiefling’s appearance. If a friendship developed and he learnt of her amnesia then he might offer his skills to help her find the truth.

EditionsVeteran’s Aetus Hi’ Erion
Medel would soon discover that Aetus’ personality runs at a cross purpose to his own. However, his skill at deception could hide his less virtuous traits and the tiefling would have a curiosity of the elf’s history and respect for the warrior.

Orgetorix’ Aileen Turen
Medel is looking for friends and allies as he’s been lonely for too long. Perhaps the quirky gnome could be a friend? If the tiefling learned of the nature of her magic then he would be most curious to learn more and find out about her patron.

Alemar’s Peiper Slateskin
What can Medel say? A dwarf after his own heart! Medel’s stories would endlessly inspire Peiper and if the dwarf could bear to associate with a demon then they could wreak all sorts of merry havoc!

Berith’s Jessamine Massot
Perhaps they’re so similar as to be opposites? Jessamine’s cocksure swagger and street smarts would rile and raise Medel's guard. If the tiefling learnt of her crimes... and skills... he'd be intrigued and want to learn more.

Carnage’s Olaf The Stout
By Bhaal, Myrkul and Loviatar! Whatever you do don’t let this one get his hands on you! The tiefling would be careful to keep its distance so as not to get accidentally crushed to death. Having been raised by wizards he’d relate this man to their bodyguards and golems rather than a peer.

Last edited by Niyaga; 09-12-2019 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1319
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
Mostly done outwith the interactions. Happy to take feedback for her
Old 09-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith

Lulrei

Atrux:

Mirianna:

Aetus:

Aileen

Peiper

Medel

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 09-02-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:06 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10120
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
As I think we are starting out from just getting there, I'd rather reserve my character's "take" on everyone else's characters "In Character" as it happens.
Also, reading over everyone's Backstories that are up so far, all are just too far apart and removed from my character for there to be even a chance she'd know them. Only one that might come close is Medel, and it would only be that Lulrei might have heard of Medel's crime before she left for Silverymoon (though that's a long trip), or Medel has heard of her family name as Merchants who deal in sheep.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
This is less of a common history and more of a quick opinion/first impression.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Ogretorix - I read more into your application and our characters may well know each other before this madness began.
Given the tailor/guild she (Aileen) worked for/with is in Amn, they probably bought their wool from Lulrei's family. She may have went along a time or two or three as the wool/sheep were brought to market and crossed paths with your Forest Gnome. She'd have been 10-16 in age and it would be during this time that they would/could have seen one another.
Lulrei would have been a learning shepherd at this time and brought along to see how the family conducted business, though having no say in it whatsoever.

For all of the other character's submitted, I'm working on the Interactions/first impressions and will add it to my application. through with adding that to my application.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-02-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:08 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
@Drachenspirit - Yea, I was focused on my background, and hadn't read any other in depth yet, but after reading yours, I agree, they could know each other. Aileen worked by that time in a small shop, so she definitively got to buy materials from the market.
Maybe not as friends friends, since Lulrei's impatience doesn't go too well with the gnome's chattiness, but maybe have enough confidence to have a cordial relationship and exchange letters from time to time. Surely Aileen would had sent you one or two after you went missing for some time.

If you got some extra ideas, please let me know through a PM not to saturate the chat.
Good catch!

Last edited by Orgetorix; 09-02-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2983
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
...Only one that might come close is Medel, and it would only be that Lulrei might have heard of Medel's crime before she left for Silverymoon (though that's a long trip), or Medel has heard of her family name as Merchants who deal in sheep.
I’ve now included an interaction for Lulrei Khaneil in my app. As he's been known to prey on wealthy merchant families he might know of the Khaneils.

Any magic-user is going to peak Medel’s interest as that’s what he knows best and can relate to.

Show me the Magic!

Last edited by Niyaga; 09-02-2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post

Aetus:
Thanks for the input. I made the changes you mentioned. I think Aetus will see himself as the true heir of his people's heritage and wisdom. He will be determined to flourish even in Oubliette, to show the Elders back home how wrong they were. As such, he will be a bit rustic in his speech.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:34 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@Ogretorix - I think that will work. Lulrei would answer a missive sent along through her family's business. Lulrei's impatience is with sitting and doing nothing for very long - like ADD. Listening to a chatty Gnome speak of adventures and stories wouldn't get old to the young lady.

@Niyaga - Lulrei would have only been in Waterdeep for the last 2 years, a little less actually. Minus the time it takes to travel via Caravan to Silverymoon until the banishment. So, it is possible they'd have met as she loves a good time and he's a Bard.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 09-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Old 09-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Carnage Carnage Carnage
Are you still accepting apps? Would love to get involved.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Definitely. Go for it.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1054
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
This sounds really interesting and I might have an idea for a character. Just a quick question, I don't know if I just missed it but what would be the prefered posting rate for this game?