RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 12:59 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3976
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I didn’t post one, because I’ve yet to see a game live up to one, but I’d like to see two posts a week from PCs.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
I think my App is complete, lemme know
Old 09-04-2019, 04:10 PM
I encourage peace

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4094
Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel Jim Faindel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
I didn’t post one, because I’ve yet to see a game live up to one, but I’d like to see two posts a week from PCs.
Hey! That is a highly slanderous comment my friend, I feel quite attacked!

I simply misread "every other day" for "every other fortnight", is all.

The nerve of some DMs!

Last edited by Jim Faindel; 09-04-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Faindel View Post
Hey! That is a highly slanderous comment my friend, I feel quite attacked!

I simply misread "every other day" for "every other fortnight", is all.

The nerve of some DMs!
Old 09-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
I think my App is complete, lemme know
Might be a day or two, but I plan on giving hefty feedback to everyone.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6654
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
The Girl Who Had It Easy
right-aligned image
Name: Jessamine Massot
Race: Half-Elf (PHB version)
Class: Rogue (Swashbuckler)
Alignment: Neutral

Background: Charlatan (Forger)

Appearance: The best of both bloodlines combined in Jessamine. She's of slightly less than average height for a human, lithe and smoothly muscled like many elves. Some might consider her figure rather gamine, but the well-tailored clothes and high boots she prefers accentuate curves that the half-breed is more than willing to use to her advantage. With her bobbed hair and a devil may care look in her eyes, Jessy has a fairly rakish air that she can't conceal very well even on the rare occasions when she tries. It's easy to picture her in a seedy inn, quaffing a mug of bad ale while she trades ribald stories and insults with the men inside. She usually gets the better of them, too.

Personality: Some of the worst of both bloodlines combined in Jessamine. From both sides, she gets impatience and impulsiveness. Her elven blood gives her an element of hauteur that she can have a hard time hiding, and from her human ancestry comes a high degree of avarice and a pretty short-term view of life and the world. She's got a lot of surface charm and is glib and affable. Follow-through is not exactly her strong suit (some might call her "flighty") and that's something she recognizes and does not admire in herself. She'd give the shirt off her back to help a friend, if it was convenient, and would watch an enemy take a fall for something she didn't do without a qualm.

Backstory: "Shameless." "Her poor Mum." "Bold as brass." "A Gods-damned shame." "Saw it coming years ago." The anger and disgust was palpable throughout the old neighborhood as Jessy was led off in chains from the warehouse cellar where she'd been hiding. They'd even sent a full squad to grab her - a whole eight guards! - as if she were some murderer or worse. The lithe half-elf kept her head held high as the squad paraded her through the streets with their spears leveled at her back. Men and women she'd known for decades lined the streets, their faces hard and angry. A handful of muck scooped up from the street smacked against her shoulder, missing her head by inches. "That's enough of that," the lead Watchman snapped, but there was no heat in his voice.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Jessy was born into a solid merchant family in Baldur's Gate, only girl and middle child of five siblings. She should have learned the family business, gotten married, been a pretty productive, boring, citizen. Jessy had the brains and personality for success, too. Smarts enough and charm to spare. She was different, though, from the moment she was born. Slightly peaked ears and tilted almond eyes betrayed the elven blood that was a gift (or curse, depending on who was asked) of her paternal great-grandfather, supposedly a silver elf archer in the service of some elven noble in Neverwinter. Most in her family had something of the look or manner of elves, but in Jessy the blood had manifested more true than anyone could remember.

It was just a bit of paper, what's the big deal? the forger wondered as she was driven through the streets to a waiting oxcart. In her heart, though, Jessy knew that it was a pretty big deal. A stack of letters of credit they'd found, perfect replicas of those issued by one of Waterdeep's biggest trading houses. The ink on 'em barely dry, and some of them had pretty high sums ornately drawn on the creamy parchment. That had been a mistake, but the buyer had been in a hurry, and the price had been very good. Now, she thought it had been a setup. They'd crashed the door at a very convenient moment for them, and it was mostly luck that Jessy had been able to get away. They hadn't expected her to leap through the glass window, two floors above the street. Somehow, she'd not broken a leg and had been able to dash off. Stupid of her to head to the place where she'd been raised, but she knew every nook and cranny of those blocks. Apparently, the Watch did as well.

Last edited by Berith; 09-08-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
Carnage Carnage Carnage
Olaf The Stout
right-aligned image
Name: Olaf The Stout

Race: Human, Rashemi

Class: Barbarian

Background: Criminal

Personality Traits: Firm but fair. Oh I do love a good insult, especially one directed at me.

Ideal: Respect. Treat me with respect and I'll give you the same courtesy.

Bond: I left behind a life of adventuring to run my bar.

Flaw: Smoking habit. I always have a smoke on the go. Casual racism. I'm not too fond of elves.

Appearance and Personality: Olaf is built like a tree trunk, tall and wide. His skin has the weathered texture of a man who spent most of his early life in the outdoors. His hair has since thinned and grows in messy clumps around the middle of his head and matches the brown speckled with white colour of his moustache. He enjoy dressing in casual clothing, nothing too arrogant.

Deep down, Olaf is a man of kindness and respect, but he comes across as being blunt and arrogant. Earn his respect and he'll treat you with the same respect. Cross him and you'll know about it. Thinking back to one occasion in particular, it was a typical Friday night in the Grisly Goat, Olaf's bar, and a particularly rowdy group of young men thought it would be a good idea to start a fight with a local group of regulars. Olaf enjoys a good fight and usually lets them play out to a natural end but this particular occasion saw a chair being thrown across the room, smashing an urn that contained his dear old grandmothers ashes. The urn smashed to the floor and with it so did Olaf's patience. A thick red vein swelled on his forehead and his cheeks flushed with a bright pink colour. He calmly walked around the wooden surface of the bar, approached the man who threw the chair, grabbed the poor sod's neck with one of his giant fists and walked out the bar with him. No one saw or heard anything of the man since. When Olaf returned to the bar his face had returned to it's former, calmer colour.

Voice: Imagine a London gangster, I don't know if you've seen Tom Hardy in Charlie Bronson but that's the voice. I won't subject you to a Youtube clip.

Backstory: Olaf comes from a big family. His parents were still very much together and they'd had enough children to successfully storm a small castle. He'd seen plenty of 'orphans' at his pub but he had a sneaky suspicion that it was just a good line to pick up the ladies.

He hails from a small village just East of the city of Innarlith, which sat on the Lake of Steam. Him and his siblings all grew up to be beasts amongst men. He hasn't shared much of his life up to the point he got arrested. As the soldiers carted him away he knew that he deserved it. You can't violently eject that many people from a tavern without one of them having some kind of political power. He had obviously pissed the wrong man off and now he had to pay the price. He also knew that he could overpower the men leading him away easily enough but then what? They wouldn't let him live in peace to tend his bar. He just walked with his head down, his hands clenching into fists.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Interactions:
left-aligned image
Olaf stretches his back out with a little wince and snaps back to his original posture. Somehow, although he can't explain it, the others appear to be frozen in time. Only he is animated and has been struck with a brief insight into his new companions, but also inexplicably compelled to talk about the others to some unseen deity. He walks over to Lulrei first,

"Corr, that Lulrei's alright ain't she! Seem's like a bird I could get on with, with no troubles. Shame about the ol' magic thing though, seem's like you say one wrong thing to the girl an' she'll set your hair on fire or summink! I'd probably get on with her though, and besides, I ain't got no hair to burn!"

He chuckles to himself with that deep, almost raspy voice as he moves on. He stops in front of Atrux,

"Bloody 'ell! What we got 'ere! Don't see much a these things 'round my way. He seems like he's got the right idea though, bit of empathy never hurt no one! Man after me own ways, simple but determined. He's a good lad, not sure I'd share a pint with him though. I'll keep my eye on this one."

He carries on his tour of the group. Next is Mirianna,

"Now, this one seems a bit out of it. I ain't too sure I'd be too quick to trust her, what with all that magic stuff she can do. I'd never admit it to the others but I feel like I got a bit of a soft spot for her, can't remember where she's from. Only thing that keeps me going sometimes is my family. If I forgot them I'd be lost." He pauses to reflect a while, eyes glaze over while his mind wanders.

He snaps out of his momentary lapse in concentration and walks over to Aetus,

"Now this fella, bit of a pompus twit if y' ask me! I ain't ever been fond of these pointy-ears. Always looking down on folks like me. Bit highly strung too, can be a bit emotional, if you know what I mean. We'll see. If he carries on being as jumpy as he is me an him'll fall out. I'll wait until I know the bloke first though."

Olaf shrugs and takes a couple of steps onward. He approaches Aileen,

"Wooah," he gives a little chuckle, [/b]"Look at this one, she's bloody tiny! But I ain't in a position t' judge others by the way they look, take a gander at my ugly mug!"[/b] he says' pointing at his own face with one thumb whilst laughing. When he settles he carries on, "She seems nice enough though, be handy t' travel with, the amount of trousers I rip the arse out of when I bend over! Not too sure I'd get on with her though, I ain't into arts or stuff. I dunno, we'll see."

He notices Peiper and a smile runs across his big face,

"Now this bloke, he'd give me a run for me money! I'd love a good ol' scrap with this chap! You can have a laugh with this geezer too, don't take himself too seriously although I ain't too keen on all this Gods nonsense he keeps goin' on about! He either needs to keep it to himself or just bloody pick one of em to bark on about! Either way, I like him."

****WIP****

Last edited by Carnage; 09-05-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Next round of DM feedback!

By the way, almost everyone can assume that almost everyone else got asked "what's your planned subclass" or something similar. They all got the promises of not being tied to it as well.

If I didn't ask you, feel free to answer.

We've got some steep competition going on in this here thread.
Old 09-05-2019, 08:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
@Alemar - I think we could work a connection between our characters, to at least know each other a bit better. If your dwarf was the heir of the merchant's guild, then if not both ways, Aileen's mother wold know a thing or two about Peiper's rather infamous behaviour, which would get to my gnome. And it can be some juicy gossip. It's also possible that you dealt with Aileen personally: i.e. Peiper being banned from her store for some weird and embarrassing story (probably while drunk) sounds fun, and could spice stuff up.

Let me know how you feel about those ideas, and feel free to add on this if you want to!

Old 09-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 427
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
@Orgetorix I'm good with either of your suggestions, and would add another option: Aileen's mother and Peiper's father are friends...or at the very least on respectable standings due to guild membership; could be her mother visited and saw Peiper behaving poorly, which lead to her mother having a poor opinion of Peiper, and that gets passed down to you. I'm also ok with having a personal if not poor relationship due to drunken behaviour, although he may not remember what he did to cause the problem (since he was drunk at the time)...could be he tried to get amorous as well...I'll leave it up to you to determine how far he got with it as I don't want to propose something you are uncomfortable with

Last edited by Alemar; 09-05-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 98
EditionsVeteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Next round of DM feedback!

By the way, almost everyone can assume that almost everyone else got asked "what's your planned subclass" or something similar. They all got the promises of not being tied to it as well.

If I didn't ask you, feel free to answer.

We've got some steep competition going on in this here thread.
Poor Aetus, I only wanted him to come across as a proud elf warrior who does not know much outside his mountains. And yet, noone likes him.

If it makes things better, he loves to dance. He will dance out of joy, out of triumph or out of mourning.

I have not decided how Aetus will evolve. I think it depends a lot on the campaign. He could easily become an umbral stalker, or am horizon walker - appropriate here - or even a monster hunter. I definitely do not see him as a beastmaster.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6654
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Old 09-06-2019, 01:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1248
Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol Vaynol
First batch of interactions are up, I’ll add more over the weekend.

Last edited by Vaynol; 09-06-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2983
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
Iíve updated my Interactions to include the new and updated applications. I agree there's some great and interesting apps. Well done everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by EditionsVeteran View Post
Poor Aetus, I only wanted him to come across as a proud elf warrior who does not know much outside his mountains. And yet, noone likes him..
I quite like Aetus Heís just very different to Medel.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy