twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-01-2019, 11:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 164
thawizkid thawizkid
Dragon of Icespire Peak (Recruitment Closed)

Game NameDragon of Icespire Peak
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeA collection of locations, quests, and challenges that inspires you to tell a story.
FlavourThis game will have lots of Intrigue!
Plot SummaryAs it sounds, this game is straight from the Dragon of Icespire Peak module. I am requesting 5 PC's, who will start at level 1. Please let me know the following:

Name:
Race: From official WotC material only.
Class: From official WotC material only.
Image:
Back story: At least 1 Paragraph.

Once chosen for the game, you will need to complete a character sheet.

Posting Requirement: I would like at least two posts a week.

Background:
Driven from lands farther north by more powerful dragons, a young white dragon named Cryovain has descended upon the Sword Mountains, claiming the snow-capped range as its domain. Typical of its kind, Cryovain is dim-witted and cruel. The dragon patrols the skies around Icespire Peak, surveying its territory while hunting for food and easy treasure. With each passing day, the dragon’s domain grows as it ranges farther across the land, preying on anything it can catch with its claws or freeze to death with its icy breath. Sightings of the dragon are becoming more common, as are its attacks.

A crumbling fortress on the northeast spur of Icespire Peak serves as the dragon’s lair. Cryovain seized the icy fortress from a tribe of savage orcs, killing the orc war chief and forcing the tribe’s survivors to flee into the foothills and forests. Enraged by the death of their war chief, the orcs have called upon ancient allies — evil, shapechanging, half-orc spellcasters who bless and advise them. These half-orcs worship Talos, an evil god of storms, and many dwell in the dark depths of Neverwinter Wood. In stormy weather, they gather on remote hilltops to summon Gorthok the Thunder Boar, a primal entity that serves Talos. Like the god it serves, Gorthok delights in destruction.

The orcs aren’t the only creatures thrown into upheaval by Cryovain’s sudden arrival. A manticore driven from its mountaintop nest by the roaming white dragon has migrated to the foothills and begun terrorizing folk living on the outskirts of the mining town of Phandalin. Other monsters in the region have been similarly displaced.

Player – PC Name – PC Race – PC Class - Status
Houtoku – Eadric – Human – Rogue – WIP
Rhadiel – Mal – Wood Elf – Druid – Complete
Samildinach – Sam – Human – Cleric – Complete
Trebel83 – ? – ? – Application in transit
Morathor – Yian – Tiefling – Warlock – Complete

Last edited by thawizkid; 09-01-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Edited to accept 5 players instead of 4.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 507
Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku Houtoku
How far from the sea/ocean/port cities would this take place? I have a concept that's been rolling in my head, but it might not necessarily fit.
Current Games: Broken Isles
Old 09-01-2019, 02:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Houtoku - as far as I can tell, it starts about 35 - 40 miles from the Sword Coast in Phandalin.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:53 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rhadiel
You got me at intrigue

How long would you expect this game to last - or is it more of an open ended sandbox?
Old 09-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2180
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
The Sword Mountains are just to the north-west of Waterdeep, and are pretty much on the coast themselves

Old 09-01-2019, 04:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1619
Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach
Man id love to play this with my big human cook (frying pan main weapon) but ive never played 5e before. If that doesnt bother you too much then i'd like to apply (I just need to Google what the heck official WotC material means
Old 09-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Rhadiel, I’d at least like to get through this adventure but I would also like to go onto Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage at some point as well....it just depends on the group.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rhadiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thawizkid View Post
Rhadiel, Id at least like to get through this adventure but I would also like to go onto Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage at some point as well....it just depends on the group.
Oh, that sounds great, I prefer longer adventures over short ones or one-shots. I'll add my application shortly.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samildinach View Post
Man id love to play this with my big human cook (frying pan main weapon) but ive never played 5e before. If that doesnt bother you too much then i'd like to apply (I just need to Google what the heck official WotC material means
Samildinach, new players are welcome. Maybe your character could be a fighter, having been a cook while he was in the service. As for WotC, it means Wizards of the Coast - the company that puts out D&D material, who is owned by Hasbro Games.

If you are searching for some quick-start rules for free, the Official D&D website has them here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Last edited by thawizkid; 09-01-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhadiel View Post
Oh, that sounds great, I prefer longer adventures over short ones or one-shots. I'll add my application shortly.
Sounds good, I prefer longer adventures as well.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1619
Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach Samildinach
Sam
left-aligned image

Name: Sam
Race: Human
Class: Cleric

Back story: Sam was a charismatic man with a hearty laugh,big hands and wide shoulders. He had a clean shaven head, a large mustache and wore no shirt as he enjoyed showing off his many spiraling blue tattoos which covered his chest and back.

Sam could be found in his popup stall in front of his house cooking horrible concoctions which he coined as "Hearty food to line the stomach". He's constantly fiddling with a large black frying pan which rarely leaves his side.

He bore the scars of battle over his naked chest and when questioned he would always jest about fighting demons and monsters and laugh it away, who would believe a cook fighting monsters anyway...

Old 09-01-2019, 04:57 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rhadiel
Here is my application.

Mal
right-aligned image

Name: Mal
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid

Back story: As a travelling healer and a very patient practicer of husbandry, Mal is welcomed in pretty much any settlement his wanderings takes him to, regardless of size or population. For his troubles, he never asks more than what he believes is a fair price, usually a lot less than other of his peers get for an honest day's work. You will never hear him complain though, even in the rare occasions some greedy farmer cheats him out of a couple of coins for his service. Anything he makes extra, he donates to whatever orphanage he comes across on the way to his next destination. It's a way of life he feels has been lost to most of the people he encounters.

Recently, this idyllic routine has been shattered by the sudden apparition of a dragon right in the midst of his usual route. He found himself having to adapt from catering for sick lambs and birthing sows to suddenly mending severe frostburns, raked flesh and bite marks the size of mill stones. Such injustice wrought upon an innocent populace was something Mal could not stand for. He did not know if he could, but he was intent on setting things right for everyone affected by this terrible dragon, even it that meant perishing to its claws.

Last edited by Rhadiel; 09-01-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: grammar fixes
Old 09-01-2019, 06:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 696
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Interested. App to follow.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
thawizkid thawizkid
Who we have so far:

Player – PC Name – PC Race – PC Class - Status
Houtoku – ? – ? – Might Apply?
Rahdiel – Mal – Wood Elf – Druid – Applied
Samildinach – Sam – Human – Cleric – Applied
Trebel83 – ? – ? – Application in transit

Please excuse my not using a table, just wanted to get this information out there and don't have enough time at the moment.

Last edited by thawizkid; 09-01-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:55 PM
ArtistErrant

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9139
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
I'm pretty close to done with a backstory. Image might take a little longer but hopefully I'll have it ready sometime tonight.