RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 07:36 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6224
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
True Crime: Zoo York City

Game NameTrue Crime: Zoo York City
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeCrime-solving, Crime-busting, Anthro animals.
FlavourMurder mystery, Zootopia, dark and gritty twist
Plot Summary
True Crime: Zoo York City
right-aligned image
On the filthy streets of Zoo York City, there are only three kinds of animals; The ones who get taken, the ones who do the takin' and the guys who fight back. In a rough city like Zoo York, you gotta be rough to enforce the laws that need enforcin' and sometimes, that means breaking some laws to make sure the important ones stay solid. When animals are killin' one another or robbin', somebody has to put a stop to it.

We got two crime scenes, one two days cold and the other as fresh as the coffee you're drinkin'. Startin' at the beginning, The two day cold scene was a mess, a poor gazelle of the night, most likely, her guts were ripped clean out and strewn all over the alleyway and the nearby dumpster but that ain't as gruesome as the second one, This one is bad. The scene as you walk into it, You can tell it was female by the shredded pink clothes and a zebra from the bloody, black-striped flesh that hangs in tatters on the fence. The most disturbing part, while you can tell it was a female zebra, you can also tell that parts are missing...

Nobody can turn heads or tails of these two murders so you're both on the case now. The only connection we could find is once we identified the two girls is they both worked the alleys, late night, had been picked up by our uni's once or twice, fur peddlers. Unlucky for walking down the wrong alley at the wrong time.

Details:
-I'll be taking 2 players, detectives, partners
-The system will be 5e DnD but I will be borrowing Modern rules from a fellow DM.
-Starting level: 3rd, You're both homocide detectives and have been on the Force at least a year.
-Equipment: Instead of a traditional starting bundle or a wealth system, you'll be more or less provided for by the Police Department. You'll start gameplay with a couple personal items.
-You'll choose what anthropomorphic animal you want to be and I'll try to give you stats and features aligned with that animal in the Monster Manual.
-Stats will 27 point buy
-Deadline: Depending on player interest.

Application:
Name:
Class: From Modern rules
Species:
Background: From Modern rules or from Fantasy PHB, You can mix and match traits from phb.
Personality trait:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
Appearance: You can have a larger image for your application to show detail but make sure you have something smaller for in-game or I can help you make a token. I want a description of your character, not just a description of the image you chose.
Personality: Feel free to put your background traits in paragraph form but give some context as to each one.
Backstory: I would like a third-person narrative, storyteller style. touch on things like how they ended up in Zoo York city and a detective in Homicide, where they picked up their profession/skills.
Connections: At least 3 people your character knows. Friends, family, rivals. Once we have several applications, I would like for you to give me reactions to your character's potential partner in a secret tag
RP sample: I want a sample post for this character, feel free to have NPC's in here. In-character. If you need a scenario, just message me.

Known Animals:

Username Character Class Animal
Imveros Edward Wright Tough/Bodyguard Elephant
gleefulnihilism Eli Perryman Smart Bat
Treble83 Chester Gould Charismatic/Negotiator Panther

Last edited by Arthilian01; 09-13-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
right-aligned image
Name:Edward Wright
Class: Tough Hero (Bodyguard)
Species: Elephant
Background: Law Enforcement
Personality trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
Bond: Somewhere out there I have a child who doesn't know me. I'm making the world better for him or her.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Appearance:

Ed is your typical (Wrinkly Anglo Saxon Pachyderm)WASP, tall, sturdy, and imposing. His hight, mass, and broken tusk often make others reconsider their life choices, muscles and beauty marks gained by giving as good as he gets in Zoo York's mean streets. However, those that took a moment to look saw the determination and soft sadness in his big gray eyes.

He dresses like an elephant twice his age. "The classics never go out of style, just like the law." He is fond of saying to rookies that question his choice of wrinkled pinstripe or crumpled fedora. For an elephant always bragging about his memory, he can never remember to iron or recall where he'd left his hat before sitting on it.

His apartment, pockets, and desk look the victims of a German Blitz. "A place for everything, and everything in its place." He says as he effortlessly untangles the chaos to grab what he needs. The boys speculate it just as much laziness as it is a way to stick it to the pencil pushers. His police work following much the same style, equal parts intuition, stubbornness, and baffling personal tradition.

A small cheap frame dominates the only cleared spot on the desk. A young girl in a flower hat smiles back. He often looks at it when he thinks the others aren't looking. "Came with the frame." He says when anyone asks about the young elephant.

Personality:

Ed is a cop first, second, and third, just like his father, and uncles and their fathers, brothers, and uncles before them. He always knows where the line, but isn't afraid to cross it when he has his mammal in his sights. The perps can just be so clumsy sometimes, am I right?

It made him an effective officer, and a crumby husband and father. Missed dinners, birthdays, anniversaries meant more overtime for the new house, more bad animals off the street, and a bigger pension at the end of the tunnel. Didn't Carol see, he was doing this all for them? If not for the appearance of the wrinkles, the staff at the squad house would have never known she'd left. The cheap whiskey is new too, but he'd never let that interfere with the job, the job always comes first.

To Ed, the law is more than tradition. It is in his blood. An insult to the law is an insult to the whole Write herd. Criminals are bad enough, but the worst crooks are those that spoke a fair game while being complete weasels. Nothing put a smile on his face like collaring that politician who was stealing an animal's pensions with a smile. Weasels deserve better than being compared to trash like that.

If you ask him, he'll say he doesn't care about species. He only cares about the law. He tries his best to live up to his words, but he's only mammalian. He's been before Tuskerson's desk more than a few times for how "clumsy" foxes and raccoons are in Ed's care. "Who thought it was a good idea to mix agility and smarts in such a shifty package." He'd mumble as he takes his licks from the chief. In truth, other small predators faired only slightly better.

Backstory:
~~ An elephant never forgets, and Zoo York never forgives ~~

The Wrights emigrated to Zoo York almost a hundred years ago. Impressed with the formation of ZPD and a lust for the American dream, William Wright left the Metropolitan Police Service, and he and his kin moved to Zoo York in hope for a better life.

As the oldest of five, Ed was expected to carry the generations-old mantle of duty. He grew up surrounded by the ZPD navy blue, steeped in police culture from the moment he could walk. A goodie two shoes growing up, the young elephant learned two valuable lessons on the schoolyard, how to finish a fight, and which fights needed fighting the most. His mother would fawn over the lad after a fight, but his father always wanted to know if he'd given as good as he got.

Ed enrolled in the academy the day he graduated high school. Having been born too late to join the war efforts, he sought to prove himself at the academy. Top marks for athleticism and procedure, adequate for marksmanship and general academics, and a look at his last name and heavy sighs for after-hours conduct. Any doubts were swiftly cast aside as he worked more hours and claimed more collars than any other rookies. His TO, officer Daly, tried his best to beat the wild streak out of the boy. To this day, Ed's shins ached every time he pondered an ethical dilemma.

The elephant remembered the night before his detective's exam with a wry smile. He received the nod from his captain, filed the paperwork, and rushed to phone his father. His father was a hard man, but the pride in his father's eyes when he'd shown his detective's badge, had seen Ed through some of his darkest times. He rode a desk at arson for over a year before he cracked his first landmark case. Got a medal, shook the mayor's hand, and had a promotion to homicide shortly after.

He gulped, Homicide, that was the big leagues. Roughing up some rhino thugs, and arresting a few ferret firebugs was one thing, now he'd be dealing with the nastiest Zoo York could throw at him, and he was ready. He cracked his knuckles and adjusted his suspenders. He was going to make this city safe, one psychotic mammal at a time.

Connections:

Connections
Christopher Daly
right-aligned image
Officer Daly was a career patrolman, he'd walked the streets for almost three decades now. He jumped at every opportunity to train the rookies, often heard saying, "Someone's gotta pop that fat head o there's, may as well be me."

He and Ed often visited the nearby pub after shifts. Chris to relive the glory days and Ed to forget about the current ones. The mallard had an impeccable intuition and always knew just what to say, or what not to as the case may be.

He'd been offered his shield more times than his fellow officers can count, but he's always turned it away. "Too much politics, not enough police work."
Renato 'Legs' Fiorita
left-aligned image
Legs was Ed's first collar, also his third, seventh, tenth, and so on. The elephant could make a career out of just busting that sly weasel alone. The only reason he was on this side of the cell was that he sang sweeter than any songbird. There wasn't a low-level thug he wouldn't snitch on to save his stinking hide. Ed was always happy to trade a trespasser or bootlegger for a mugger or assaulter any day of the week.

The weasel stayed one step ahead of the law and the mob by always knowing the right person at the right time. Need a package to fall off a truck? Renato was your weasel. Need an item to fall onto a truck? Renato. Need your criminal rival to spend time in the slammer? Renato knew just the elephant to make that happen.

He knew everything and everyone worth knowing.
Chupova Zoya "Zoyka" Valerievna
right-aligned image
A man can not survive on whiskey alone. Occasionally, he needs something fancy to remind him he's worth it, and it doesn't get more upscale than La Tranquillité, the music is French, that's how you know it's classy.

Ed came for the overpriced drinks but stayed for the atmosphere. The most beautiful animals you've ever met, sang, danced, and played the night away, casting a spell on the elephant. One night while walking home from the club, he caught wind of a commotion behind the club, a bunch of thugs that wouldn't take no for an answer. They did take fists though, wither they wanted to or not, and that when he met the club's newest dancer, Zoyka. Fresh in from Russia, she had no friends, something her and the elephant shared. A true friend is hard to find in this town, bonus points for being easy on the eyes.

Outsiders snickered about the two being a couple, Ed often overhearing their ideas for the sheer physics of the act. In truth, she was just a sympathetic ear, and one of the few people in Zoo York who could drink the elephant under the table.

Where does she keep it all?! He thought most evenings as he helped clear the club of drunks before staggering back home himself.

RP sample:

His massive lungs heaved like a bellows as he pounded the pavement with each step. He'd only wanted a knish, not a multi-block foot chase. The ram felt the same way. All he'd wanted was the lionesses' purse, and not near ten feet of angry policeman.

"The longer you make me run, the harder this will be on you!" Ed huffed as he rounded the corner, startling a group of homeless cats all pointing down the ally.

"You gotta catch me first tusker!" He punctuated with a rude gesture as he rounded a corner and rushed out of sight.

The ram may have been gone, but this city was alive and rewarded those who knew her ways. Ed strained his massive ears, hearing the school bell from four blocks away. He looked at his pocket watch. Saint Timothy's. He hefted his trunk and breathed in, burnt bread and wood smoke. That new baker still isn't working out is he, Ernesto? He knew where he was and the way he'd go if on the run. He knew this city like the back of his trunk. It was in his blood.

He surged down a side street and down another alley, trying to get ahead of his collar. He burst through some rubbish bins and came out directly in front of the ram, who dropped the handbag as he screamed to a halt before the massive lawman. Ed offered only a tusky grin as he removed his cuffs with one hand, and his service revolver with the other.

"HALT, In the name of the Zoo York Police Department, you're under arrest. Your choice of how this goes down." He said as he jingled the cuffs with his suggested option.

The ram sighed and offered his hands before him. The perp lowed his horns and charged as Ed approached. Its horns impacted the officer's stomach just as the service revolver cracked on the mammal's thick skull, dropping it like a sack of potatoes.

"GREAT! No lunch, likely bruised ribs, and now I have to carry you to the station?!"" The detective dropped the criminal on the hard street as he reached for the discarded purse. "OOPS" He said as his shins throbbed with phantom pain.

Last edited by Imveros; 09-15-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:29 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16109
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Also very intrigued. Always did love a good mystery.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:07 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
@imveros: i am average a post ebery other day or so but i would like to have my players keep up with one another
Old 09-04-2019, 02:19 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Also, im letting you choose the time period, if you build an app thats more like a 20-40s detective, thats going to be the time period. Same with a modern character
Old 09-04-2019, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I threw up a quick placeholder app in my previous post.

I should have time to finish up the rough draft tomorrow and have the finished product to you by the weekend.

On another note, while looking for noir animal images, I came across the Blacksad comics. Is it ok if I read those to get in the mood, or will there be spoilers? I only ask because your ad photo is from that comic.

Thanks again for the interesting game pitch!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage (1).png
Views:	54
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	81555   Click image for larger version

Name:	duke_weaselton.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	81556   Click image for larger version

Name:	duck-with-gun (1).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	81557   Click image for larger version

Name:	1541059943-lettup_tumblr_messa.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	81558  

Last edited by Imveros; 09-10-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2289
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Couldn't help but read the ad, see the picture, and immediately think of the music video for the Caravan Palace song Lone Digger (also involving anthropomorphic animals, strippers, and a lot of bloody murder). Good luck with the game, seems like a great setup.

Last edited by Starflier; 09-05-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 11:56 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Ah, character art. The bane of my gaming existence. Do like the idea of going a Noir 20s-30's-40's vibe. Wondering how real it would get other then the anthromorphic animals? Remember that Blacksad scene that strongly implies that an equivalent of the Holocaust definitely happened down to the number tattoos?

My best two ideas both depend on whether or not an equivalent of WW2 has occured yet, and equivalents to racial prejudice kinda factor in. Right now if it's Pre or During WW2 I'm thinking the closest equivalent of the prejudice faced by African-Americans is the prejudice faced by traditionally nocturnal species, and my character would be have the historical distinction of being the first Bat to have a Detective's Badge on the Day Shift in Zoo York City.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I have not read the blacksad comics so go ahead.

As far as world events, everything that took place normally except the two big groups would likely be carnivore vs herbivore with a fractional third group being omnivores. Nocturnal vs daytime animals can also play in. I like to tailor fit my games to the players as much as i run my story.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:14 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So, yes, after ww2 is fine if it works for your character concept, like 1950's is fine, im not getting too specific with time period for this game.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:23 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
I figure it’s like Prachett’s take on racism in his Discworld books. There’s no racism in Discworld books because in that setting Speciesism is far more interesting anyway. And we got a bunch of different species here, might as well make it interesting. :P
Old 09-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I like the nocturnal/diurnal angle better anyway. I have a bat in my work up and it just makes it even spicer that it's frowned upon.

Speciesism also has an extra layer of separation on it. I dont have to feel bad about being a speciest!

As for the time period, I was leaning more 30s, but as long as there are no cell phones, computer databases, and Zoom/Enhance CSI shinanigans, I'll be happy. I like a mystery I have to work for the old fashioned way. TO THE CARD CATALOGS!!!
Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3542
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
I haven't played in an Animal setting like this before. Can two individuals of different species marry and have children? Or do bunny children only come from bunny parents?

I'm eyeing the Investigator advanced class has a 'Contacts' perk. I just want to verify that these contacts would be in addition to the 3 connections we put in our application.

Last edited by anamiac; 09-05-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:42 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not the GM obviously, but if I was we do seem to have a racism allegory going. If we want to match the time period it would be inter-species marriage is illegal, though not always enforced. That might be a bit too real and depressing so maybe tone it down to 'legal, but there is a social taboo against Carnivores and Herbivores marrying each other'. The setting does have some variety, might as well use it. Logistically, it also seems like a nightmare if you stick to 'only the same species can have children' so - again, if I was the GM and I'm not - I'd go 'different species can effect the fertility rate, but kids can happen and species of the kids defaults to the same as the mother'.

Application:
right-aligned image
Name: Eli Perryman
Class: Smart Hero
Species: Bat [Nocturnal and considered an Herbivore as his diet is mostly Fruit, though supplemented with the occasional Insect. There are rumors of the occasional Carnivorous Bat, some even drinking the blood of other mammals. The rumors are actually true, if so rare that even other Bats think this is just a racist myth.]
Background: Investigative
Personality trait: My species is counting on me, I have to stay calm and think things through no matter the situation.
Ideal: Nobody should be above the Law. Justice Must be Blind.
Bond: She can destroy all the Order I'm trying to create with seemingly no effort at all, and I secretly love her for it.
Flaw: The only response to the Madness is to seek Order.

Appearance: Eli Perryman can't be more then 1'4" if you don't count the ears but he carries himself with great dignity. With brown fur and dark eyes, it's a thin coat but it's enough to notice. His hands look like they'd be more appropriate on a doctor or a librarian, he certainly throws a better punch then you expect him too though he probably won't win any boxing matches.

The dedication to the neatness of his attire is almost incredible and he's almost never seen outside of a three-piece suit. It's been rumored that his reactions to stains on his suit and more extreme then bullet wounds. The only real standout of his clothing is his sunglasses, which look like the hybrid offspring of normal sunglasses and welder's goggles. His posture he keeps as perfect as possible, even trains it when he thinks nobody is looking.

It's not just his clothes and posture that he keeps neat and tidy, that desire for Order seems to follow him wherever. His desk is impeccably kept, his paperwork is always perfect - he reacts to the madness of the world around him by trying to impose Order. That's obvious just by looking at him.

Personality: You can tell just by looking at him that he has a very Orderly personality. He probably should have been a lawyer, but that wasn't pro-active enough for him and his skill-set isn't quite right for it. He likes to think his attention to detail is more then just for looking through paperwork. The Law does appeal to him, it does help bring Order to a crazy world. Part of that madness comes from the prejudice of society, he's a Nocturnal Herbivore and of a species that isn't particularly popular even compared to other Nocturnal Herbivores. He's actually the first Nocturnal Detective on Dayshift Homicide, on paper he's a major move forward for equality and he's fully aware of that. In practice, he's just got work to do.

He does believe in the Law. A well-written Law doesn't fail, people fail to implement them properly. When intentional, the failure is a Crime. And Justice must be done. More than one person has misjudged that about him, he seems like he'd side with the rich and powerful - but he'll be the first in line if arresting a corrupt lawmaker.

He does have a secret though, one that could put his whole career out if it got out. There's a woman out there. She's a Carnivore, Diurnal, has the ability to upend any Order in her path with seemingly no effort at all, from one of Zoo York City's more important families - and they're desperately and tragically in Love. For now it's a secret he'll keep even from his partner.

Backstory: As a Nocturnal species, his family has never been treated as equals. Eli's great-grandfather only barely managed a nighttime pulman job with one of the major train lines and that was considered pretty good. This gave Eli's grandfather more experience with the technology of the trainyards and despite being Nocturnal he became one of the most respected Telegraph workers in the train lines. With this position Eli's father and aunt were able to get a proper education and in their time the brother-sister team were Zoo York City's most prominent Nocturnal Lawyers.

Having more money, legal status, and a better education then the average citizen did soften the effects of the prejudice faced by Nocturnals in Zoo York City, but it by no means got rid of it entirely. Eli's mother was murdered when he was a young child, and it's no secret that the police didn't put any real effort into finding her killer. They only put in an even symbolic effort was that the family had some money to their name and a few connections. Other families in the Night sides of Zoo York City had it worse.

His father was hoping Eli would become a Lawyer or a Politician, but neither were hands-on enough for him. He knew that if someone was going to make Order in this crazy world they'd have to make it happen themselves with a much more direct approach. He likes to think he began his Detective Training early with his mystery and detective novels, he still has some of his early books of Basil of Baker Street. The fact that the character considered one of the most prominent fictional detectives was a Mouse - which is pretty close to a Bat - made it all the better for young Eli.

As he grew up he was in the running for being one of the first Nocturnal agents of the Bureau of Investigation but the latest director of the Bureau put an end to such thoughts, but made him an excellent choice for a Zoo York City Homicide Detective, if on the Night Shift. The thing is, Eli's a better Detective then most of the more famous and appreciated Day Shift Detectives and pretty much all the brass of the Zoo York City PD knows it if they don't want to admit it out loud. And with these particularly baffling murders starting to cause a panic, well - it's enough for City Hall to put some pressure and force some Desperate Moves.

Connections:
Henry and Monique Perryman - Eli's father and aunt, a pair of Nocturnal lawyers. Were considered the most prominent Nocturnal lawyers in the city, now are considered past their prime but respectable.
Julianna Pierre - Upper class socialite and daughter of one of Henry Perryman's clients. Known for her political activism work. A diurnal cat, her and Eli have secretly been lovers for about 2 years. If knowledge of this got out it would ruin at the very least Eli's career.
Detective Harold Hart - A Rhino rival Detective. Rumored to be on the take though nobody can prove it. Might actually be technically a good cop, just surly about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RP sample:
Scenario:
left-aligned image
Eli had just come back from a terrible crime scene, A home where a family of Racoons were slaughtered. All the other crime scene techs gave Eli sideways looks the entire time he was at the gruesome scene, worried that the Nocturnal dayshift detective would take a more personal look at this case.

As he entered the station, the grizzly chief leaned out the door of his office and hollered for Eli to join him. As the big boar of a chief ducked back in without waiting for an answer, Eli could hear the whispers that suddenly arose around the bullpen from the other officers and detectives.

As the bat detective entered the office, Tuskerman nodded, "Close the door, Perryman." once his order was complied with, he waited only until the detective was sitting down before he flatly stated, "You're off the Racoon FamilyBangle case. Turn all your evidence over to Detective Hart." The chief looked hard at Eli then sighed, "I can't let a nocturnal cop on this case and trust you to not take it personal, You got a problem with that?"

The stereotype is that Bats are all blind. If anything the problem is the opposite. During the day Eli and pretty much all the other bats did wear shockingly dark sunglasses that look like he took the lenses out of welding goggles with side lenses to match. If anything his problem is the opposite, the bright light of the Sun made his eyes feel like they were burning.

One can immediately see the advantage of the bigger creatures as police, the smaller ones it's less obvious. For a Detective though, being Small can have it's advantages. Flying around an indoor crime scene is doable, but often a bad idea. Only something that should be done if you're sure it won't disturb the crime scene. Besides, the victims were Raccoons - only marginally bigger then he was. If anything he was having an easier time moving around then any of the Crime Scene Investigators, as far as he could determine he was roughly as tall as one of the older children and weighed maybe half as much.

He noticed the looks, it would be hard for him not too. Apparently they weren't looking back though, as he followed the example of his fictional heroes as much as possible. Stay Calm, be Rational, be Meticulous. It was well know that among the ZYPD the Day Shift was the side that got all the glory, the fame, the respect. The Night Shift got just barely enough to get the city together. So he had been determined to be the good Detective.

So he didn't know why he was being called into the Captain's office, and when Tuskerman said he was off the case he's blindsided. He keeps calm though, takes a deep breath, and his initial instinct is to obey the orders without complaint. Because this was the Law, and Order and -

No, sorry, no - this wasn't going to work. He stands at attention and after a few seconds to make sure he stays calm he speaks.

"Apologies Sir, but I do have issues with that call.

One, Assuming that I'd take it too personal because the victims were also Nocturnal makes no more sense then assuming any of the other Detectives would make a Diurnal victim too personally.

Two, With all due respect to Detective Hart - he'd have to tear apart the victim's house to even get a decent look at the crime scene, I would not.
" he gives, the second one swallowing his tongue a bit. His intuition said Hart was Corrupt, but since even if he was Eli knew he couldn't prove it he let's it go. For now.

"Detective Hart will have everything I have on the Bangle case by the end of the day. By the end of the day the paperwork on my protesting of this decision will also be on the desk of Sargent Sullivan." he finishes, even respecting the chain of command. That was probably one of his secret weapons really, the Paperwork for the job was to him at worst a minor annoyance for the time lost. Being the son of a lawyer does that to you. He just thought he'd make some copies, just in case. He was by-the-book, he wasn't a fool.

"Was there anything else, Captain?"

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 09-12-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
So far, both ideas seem to be close to a more noir feel. Im good with the nitty gritty feel for this.

Anamiac: i think im gonna stick to concept of species like star wars or fantasy forgotten realms. Alike species can breed and have offspring that is akin to both types of animal, like half-elf/human etc. But you can always adopt out of your species.