twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Little Green Riding Hood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
DineDel
Rick looks at the huge clock hanging from the wall. It says 9:30 am. Suddenly, he walks behind Sam, and with a hand on the desk, and the other on his shoulder, whispers something to his ear.

Sam found this attitude strange, even disgusting, but Snake, without waiting for an answer he calls Ayman and Harrison a side. "My old man told me, before he left this shitty world, that you shall take care of the boring stuff as soon as you can. I say that we'd rather get moving. The sooner we finish this stuff, the better; if we can settle this by noon we will be be free until Friday. He lowers the volume of his voice to a whisper to avoid being heard by Mr McConnel. And if we are smart enough, we can get the special advantages of working for such an organization, if you understand what I mean..."

After a short pause he starts again in a normal volume. Ayman, why don't you go in his car? I'm pretty sure that if anything happens you and your gun could take care of him, I'll take this boy with me and we will follow you, don't worry about our security... He points in Sam's direction with a visible effort to hide his smile, "he will protect both of us"

Old 10-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
lampofdoom lampofdoom lampofdoom
Ayman nods before following Harrison to his car. So, Harrison, excited for your first assignment? Let's hope its goes quickly, I like the idea of being off for the weekend... He quickly walks off down the hall carrying his backpack, and rifling through it for something. After jumping in the passenger seat of the jeep he finally locates what he was looking for.

You watch as he removes a small cardboard box. He then reaches into his shirt and removes a small handgun. He quietly ejects the current clip and fills it with new bullets, afterwards he puts the box back in his bag and screws a suppressor onto the gun. He notices Harrison staring at him. Never can be too careful... He slides the gun back into his holster and begins stuffing seemingly random items into his pockets.

Last edited by lampofdoom; 10-09-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Ghost in the Shell

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
AusGre
" Thank you Mr. McConnel, we will get on this right away and we will have results soon." Nodding his head at McConnel, he put a copy the file in his briefcase, closing it shut and heading out the door to the parking structure, where his jeep was parked. Yet, he was stopped by Snake and his lack of thought, " Benefits? Are you saying that you are going to steal from this company?" He asked them, before brushing aside Snake and heading outside. Finally outside, Harrison took out a silver Zippo Lighter and a Marlboro 100's, lighting it up and take a deep breath inward. Enjoying every second of the smoke. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small set of keys and flipped his fingers to land on the jeep key. " I suppose Ayman is not riding with me. It's going to be a trip anyway." Sighing, he unlocks the key and gets into the driver seat, taking another puff of his cigarette.

Last edited by AusGre; 10-08-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
Slowly making his way down to the parking lot while spending most of his attention on the screen of his laptop, Sam decided that if he was going to be working with these people a small effort would probably be worth it.
Typing away with the speed of someone spending most of his moments awake by the keyboard, he quickly looks up the local pubs in Mayburg, taking special note of the ones seeming affiliated with bikers.
At the time they reach the car he feels satisfied and reports his findings to Snake.
oocIf a computer use roll is needed he will take 10 for 27 as it is a task he would routinely perform.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71
cmdr tugboat
OOCUhhhh, yeah. For taking a 10, that's pretty insane. You could probably peruse their bank statements with that. Use your power wisely.

Sam finds several bars in the less affluent suburbs, most with intimidating names like 'Don't Tread on Me' and such. The pictures that accompany these show, for the most part, rather run-down places. He can practically smell the smoke with his eyes. However, none of the really tough ones are within 4 miles of Mayburg, which is a more upper-middle class, with hookah bars and coffee houses.

The only unseemly-looking place in the vicinity is O'Houlihan's, a typical-looking bar whose fare most likely includes the more badass residents of Mayburg.

Coincidentally, it is on the same block as the rooftop upon which the incident took place. The bar is surrounded by a few apartment buildings and shops.

Last edited by cmdr tugboat; 10-11-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Ghost in the Shell

Tools
User Statistics
AusGre
Yes, Harrison looked at Ayman as he reloaded his gun, " To protect us..." He pauses in moment as he starts pulling out of the parking lot, " I do hope you have a permit for that..." Muttering to himself as he takes a deep breath of the cigarette, getting onto the street and heading off to Philadelphia.

Speed up time

This is for when we do speed up time to get to Philly. Ayman, would have noticed that Harrison is a very quiet man unless he asks him a question, the most that he would have told Ayman is that he lived in New York for his whole life and has worked in insurace for a good while. Other than that, as they neared Philly, Harrison would have started to chain smoke and frequently pick up more packs of cigarettes when they took, rest breaks.

Last edited by AusGre; 10-11-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Little Green Riding Hood

Tools
User Statistics
DineDel
"Ok, Sam, do you like heavy metal?" Rick asks turning on the radio and finding a station playing Aces High.

"I heard something about that place once in Dallas, I was too drunk... but I think I can remember something about it" He says as they follow Harrison's car.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
"You listen to whatever you like" Sam says as he scrambles through his backpack looking for something.

"Unless you got something important to discuss I intend to go through the file a couple of times to see if there is something there, mr big boss forgot to tell us."

After a few moments of searching he finally found a pair of earphones which he promtly plugged into his laptop and wore without waiting for a response from Snake.
Other than the few words uttered whenever they stopped for gas and the chewing on candy purchased through those stops, Sam remained quiet for the remainder of the trip.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 71
cmdr tugboat
OOCRick can not recall anything of note about O'Houlihan's. After hours of traveling, the group arrives in Mayburg right around lunchtime, albeit a late lunch. The trip down was pretty uneventful, marked only by the decrease and steady increase of building density. Mayburg itself is hardly set apart from the other suburbs nearby, but the main features you notice are the large business district and the well-trimmed foliage and new-ish architecture.

Sam cross-references the file and the interwebs to find that Mr. Whitman's and Mr. Niedziecki's workplace, Data Solutions, is a sleepy-looking, stout office building with a wide parking lot near the edge of the business district. The bar, O'Houlian's, is about a quarter of a mile away in the direction of where most of the employees live.

The file contains statements from both parties along with the police and witnesses. The general consensus is that Vincent (Mr. Niedzwiecki) got his panties in a bunch when Brennen (Mr. Whitman) poked fun at him for a promotion some three weeks ago. Panties in said bunch, Vincent lost it, shouting angrily at Brennen and, according to him, Brennen, and two nearby friends, tossed Brennen off the building with a mighty heave.

You also find the residences of both parties (one of them is currently the Mayburg Police Department). Included are the names of their bosses, and the company's (part-time) lawyer. Other than that, the file consists of nigh-incomprehensible forms and legalese.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Little Green Riding Hood

Tools
User Statistics
DineDel
At a traffic light at the entrance of Mayburg, Snake stops the car at the right of Harrison's one. He turned down the radio and knocked Ayman's window. "It has been lunch time for a while now, I'd suggest going to the bar that Sam found, perhaps eat something and then plan what will we do. What do you think?" His question is followed by his belly roar, embarrassing him a bit.

Last edited by DineDel; 10-14-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Ghost in the Shell

Tools
User Statistics
AusGre
The light had turned green, suddenly as Snake began to speak and Harrison had made a turn to the bar that he had said before, thinking something of that nature. Holding his tongue until both of the cars had parked, Harrison would wait to talk. Parallel parking his car next to the bar, Harrison had turned off the car and stepped out of the vehicle. Taking out another cigarette and lighting it. Waiting for the other two. As soon as the two had come to them and parked, Harrison spoke, " We should investigate this bar and somebody should investigate his workplace, plus question the witnesses and if possible, see the place where the man had thrown the other man out the window."
Old 10-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 252
lampofdoom lampofdoom lampofdoom
Ayman steps out of the car and checks to be sure the appropriate items are in the appropriate pockets before walking over to the other two. You two can check out the building he got thrown from, me and Harrison here will go check out his job. Data Solutions, wasn't it? and after that we can meet up here. Any objections? After waiting for a response he begins walking toward the bar.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
I do hope they have some sort of beef/bread/hot sauce combo at this joint. I cant live on frickin' candy bars forever

True to form, Sam kept his monologue internal as he walked slowly towards the bar with the laptop under his arm.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Little Green Riding Hood

Tools
User Statistics
DineDel
"Lets decide it with something in our stomachs" Rick says to Harrison as they go into the bar. He points a table besides a window. And asks for a beef & a beer.

While he waits for his launch, he starts looking at the people around them, specially women. After a general glance around the place, Snake addresses his colleagues "Well, you who had read the damned file, and putting a side the fact that we are getting paid for this little trip to Phily, why are we supposed to be here?"
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Ghost in the Shell

Tools
User Statistics
AusGre
Harrison sighed again as Snake suggested getting a bite to eat inside the bar, Harrison had to admit, he was a bit hungry from the lengthy drive and he could use a nice beer to wash away the headache. Throwing his half finished cigarette on the sidewalk, he quietly followed Snake into the bar. Sitting down at the table next to the window. The waiter came around, " Coffee, please." He asked in a quiet tone.