Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Strange Aeons
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52290
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Arkham Horror

For all of your out of character-y needs.

Welcome to the mad house

A few questions as we go forward:
  • Do we want to build characters together or separate? You all begin the game together, and you might/might not know each other from before the beginning of this fugue state, it all just depends. So I leave that entirely in you lot's hands. When you mention a character concept, keep in mind that you do so short of having a background.
  • This being a Lovecraftian game, I'm fine with allowing whatever alignment makes sense, so long as you're willing to be a team player. I prefer good in the face of evil, but in this case, evil against evil is pretty damn satisfying
  • I'm building up my repetoire of Lovecraftian jams, but feel free to throw a few out. Lustmord, God is an Astronaut, lots of metal, lots of Middle Eastern/Azam Ali/Dead Can Dance-type music, etc.
  • Does this font make my butt look big?

Last edited by Sassafrass; 02-20-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10764
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Hello everyone! Thanks again for the invite, Sass, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all (again in some cases).

I think it makes sense at to at least coordinate the rough rolls of the characters, so we don't end up with five squishys or five healers or some such.

To make a start here: personally I'd love to go for an inquisitor.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:57 PM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26226
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
I've had an idea for a character for some time.

I'm thinking swashbuckler (depending on guns in this setting) or a fighter.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Default Golarion guns, so Early Firearms. Totally allowable.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22271
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
I haven't really thought of a character yet, gonna take a good look through the players guide.

So we all have some sort of amnesia, aye? Is our background defined by our campaign traits? In which case do we need to make sure we don't have the same feats?
What about age? Are we fresh off the farm or could we just as well be scarred veterans without any memory or recollection of our abilities?

As for music: I listen to tons of darker, heavier stuff. I'd recommend all doom metal related stuff, post-rock labels etc.
Ahab make albums based on books and art, such as The Giant which is based on the book The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket by Edgar Allan Poe.
Pallbearer which is a bit more space-y and astral.
Cult of Luna, especially Eternal Kingdom but really everything by them is brilliant.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
What about age? Are we fresh off the farm or could we just as well be scarred veterans without any memory or recollection of our abilities?
That is a very interesting question. A scarred veteran learning everything anew... hm, very interesting.

And then I started to google Inquisitor images... Anyone mind Warhammer flavor?

Last edited by Blackfyre; 02-20-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22271
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
That is a very interesting question. A scarred veteran learning everything anew... hm, very interesting.

Good Lord YES!

First RPG I played back....in the last millennial was Warhammer FRPG, I still love everything Warhammer related be it 40k or Fantasy.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Originally I was considering this, but, oh, all those awesome WH inquisitors! That's going to be a hard decision.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Weirdly enough, your Traits do not define your Background. Your Trait determines your connection to an event, but not necessarily your past. Having the same Trait is not a problem at all.

Age-wise, I'm totally down for a few golden oldies rather than a bunch of young'ns. I'd be willing to overlook the age rules but most of you would benefit from that with your class choices.

Warhammer Inquisitors are fine But that image... Funny that image should show up again, wouldn't you say Ced and Thorsten?
Old 02-20-2017, 08:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
Warhammer Inquisitors are fine But that image... Funny that image should show up again, wouldn't you say Ced and Thorsten?
Oh? Now you made me curious. Do tell!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:02 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
I normally don't outsource my hunt for NPC portraits but for an invented NPC in CC, I ended up having to. A one-eyed, noseless paladin of Iomedae, which didn't turn up much but Thorsten found that one and we considered a Photoshop but never actually Shooped the image. So right now that's the image for the Prioress of Iomedae in Lepidstadt

Last edited by Sassafrass; 02-20-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15648
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
My initial thought for a character here was a skull-cracking battle witch (could go scarred witch doctor or battle shaman, still wavering) to bring the fury of the falchion and flame upon heretical cultists everywhere. If Cedric opts to handle the forceful magic route, I have a Mesmerist idea that would work well instead. Who doesn't love the old Beguiler? Or hell, the Medium also sounds fun as hell. I guess it is safe to say that I have not made a decision.

Also, I stand by this being a better version of the theme.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 02-21-2017 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26226
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Good Lord YES!

First RPG I played back....in the last millennial was Warhammer FRPG, I still love everything Warhammer related be it 40k or Fantasy.
So this is basically precisely what I wrote up yesterday. Scarred veteran using an image from the warhammer universe.

Great minds think alike?
Old 02-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
I expect at least one of you to make a child character now to offset this game from turning into Grumpy Old Men: Call of Cthulhu Fantasy Edition
Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 AM
Order of Truthwatchers

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4022
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
That font does, indeed, make your butt look big. Hello everyone!