Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Strange Aeons
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 09:44 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52340
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
You take the mwk. weapon or 300 gp of potions and scrolls in addition to starting wealth.

And to be fair, those very specific beings are rather prominent in this campaign
Old 02-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15698
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
You take the mwk. weapon or 300 gp of potions and scrolls in addition to starting wealth.

And to be fair, those very specific beings are rather prominent in this campaign
They damn well better be or Paizo is gonna get a nasty email from me.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22271
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Right.

After going over the EMS archetype again and in hopes that every npc is a Lovecraftian horror in disguise I've decided to go with it.

I'v also invested points in all Knowledge skills except Nobility, Local and Nature.

Are there any specific languages that such a scholar might wish to learn or is just Aboleth?
Old 02-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10764
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Oh, languages, good point. Since our past is undefined... would it be cheesy to go with Aboleth as second language? Or do you wanna define the second language for Victoria, Sass?
Old 02-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Rules Enforcer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26226
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Right.

After going over the EMS archetype again and in hopes that every npc is a Lovecraftian horror in disguise I've decided to go with it.

I'v also invested points in all Knowledge skills except Nobility, Local and Nature.

Are there any specific languages that such a scholar might wish to learn or is just Aboleth?
Half the creatures mentioned in that archetype speak Aklo.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
Right.

Now when we don't see a single mythos abberation for the first 3 books I'm gonna feel like a real dick for even brining it up.

Thorsten is dead on, though. Aklo is an ideal choice. Ancient Osirion would be funny but probably of no use whatsoever.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
I was kind of hoping they'd implement a language in the vein of R'lyehian as-and I don't know why- but I figured Aklo was more of an elemental language but after reading up on it I see that it's from the Cthulhu mythos and other similar fictions, so expect me to be fluent in it by the end of the year.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
It seems, unless one of you folks is throwing in a curveball, that I am the only class that gives UMD by default. My charisma is no bueno so I'm thinking of picking up Pragmatic Activator as my second trait to use my considerable intelligence bonus for it. Is my thinking off here?

Hey, Sass. Where do we stand on the availability of Major Drawbacks? I saw two ayes, one nay and one non-committal shrug. Could help me plan a bit if I know how many feats I can start with.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 02-25-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:41 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10764
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Oh, major drawbacks. Totally forgot about those. Wanted to read through them again.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 AM
Order of Truthwatchers

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4072
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
You could always pass on Psychic Investigator for Empiricist.

Last edited by Icereach; 02-25-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
I'm taking a major drawback (Blatant), so that adds another Aye to the pot.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:16 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
You could always pass on Psychic Investigator for Empiricist.
Believe me, I am chafing at missing out on those sweet bonuses. Empiricist is mega broken for an investigation focused character. But I've taken it on a character I am currently playing so I am going for flavor this time. Less Holmesian logical deduction, more Marloweesque instinct. The sleuth archetype has always really called to me, despite it being arguably a bad exchange, but a psychic detective just feels properly Mythos for this AP.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Aklo and Elder Speech would both be suggestable; Aboleth is flavorful, but wouldn't necessarily be useful in this campaign. Ancient Osiriani is flavorful too, and will be useful but not direly so; there will be plenty of characters that we can use that know these tongues. That said, I can make some minor alterations....

I mean, I'm misleading you all into thinking we're playing Strange Aeons when in fact we're playing Ponyfinder

I can confirm that we will see Aberrations very, very soon into the game. And often. But they aren't the only creature Lovecraft throws out, so be aware of that. Abs feature heavily but are not alone.

Judging from the popularity, I think we're going with Major Drawbacks. Go forth!
Old 02-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Order of Truthwatchers

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4072
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
*shows off his abs*
Old 02-26-2017, 10:19 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Well, that's a way to make the m'ladies and the m'fair sirs lose their minds.

In more ways than one

I count two completed characters of five. How can I help you lot who haven't got the done button from me?