mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai mahousenseiikai
Mine is also ready for review...
Old 03-12-2018, 11:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214
WAY a WIP, but just so you have my character's name at least.

Name: Travok Holderhek

Race: Mountain Dwarf

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Patron Deity: Dugmaren Brightmantle

Class: Fighter

Background: Guild Artisan

Personality Traits: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it, I’m a perfectionist.
I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.

Ideal: I work hard to be the best there is at my craft.

Bond: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me.

Flaw: I’m quick to assume someone is trying to cheat me.

Appearance: Travok is of average height for a mountain dwarf, around 4’8”. He has a light complexion, due to the amount of time he has spent underground during his life. His dark red hair is braided behind him, as is his thick red beard.

Personality:
Motivation: Describe what motivates your character.
History: Describe the character's back-story.
Role-Playing Sample: What was your character doing before being captured by the drow?
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by RedWolf0214; 03-12-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:59 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5908
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Reviewing the applications for which a review was requested... Also, don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any about the campaign or the way I intend to run it.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8608
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Buddle Cobbleshaper is complete and ready for review.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
FamnDool FamnDool
OK, made some final additions to El'lyssyn, he's ready for a full review.

I'll probably flesh out his History between now and The Choosing, but that's mostly flavor stuff.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7919
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
I believe my application is complete and ready for review. Thanks for the comments and questions, I think it's a much better application because of them.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3516
ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones
I’d love a review of my character as well.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3934
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Old 03-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Mordecai Nowhere
Basic Information:
right-aligned image
Name: Mordecai Nowhere
Race: Tiefling (Feral Variant)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Patron Deity: Amaunator
Class: Ranger - Hunter Archetype
Background: Soldier - Rank Officer (Deep Delver feature)
Appearance: Mordecai stands 6'1" tall with an unlikely muscular and bulky build with broad shoulders, arms, waist, tail and legs with leathery, dark blue coloured skin. He has long wavy jet black hair with white streaks that come from the front of the right side of his hairline. His two long horns reach crookedly upwards 1'2" and are pointed at the tips of the horns. His eyes are completely black with the same jet black coloured, thick eyebrows. His facial features are a mix of that of a human and a demon with small horns protruding from the top of his jawline and three small rounded pieces of bone that have grown from the top of his nose to his hairline. His bones have also developed horn like shapes along his shoulders and elbows as well. He wears simple clothing, preferring loose robes that only cover the left side of his body and wrapped tightly around his waist and wrist. Over top of the robes are his armour that cover his most of his left side, chest and waist. His pants are also loose fitting as well and wrapped tightly around his shins to his ankle and protected by greaves. His feet are bare, strong, calloused and leathery, allowing him to not have to wear boots. He does have a scar crosses the left side of his chest to the right side of his waist. He has the scar covered with the robes and armour.

Personality Traits, Ideals, Bond, FlawPersonality Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. / I’m full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
Ideals: Independence - When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)
Bond: Years ago, you lost people you loved in a raid by creatures from the Underdark. They disappeared without a trace, either slain or taken into the depths, and you've always wondered whether they might still be alive and held as prisoners.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives and I would do anything to avenge my fallen comrades.

PersonalityHis companions would describe Mordecai as observant, calculated and calm, while his enemies would describe him as cold, merciless and . Someone who likes speaking to others and finding people to help, taking care of those who are lost and helping them find escape and killing whatever may be attacking them. In combat he is merciless, relying on his strength and agility to outmaneuver his enemies and finish the off quickly. He likes to smoke, drink and partake in gambling, especially in games of skill. He hates the creatures of the underdark for what they represent and the reputation that it gives his own kind. He has a particular hatred for the Duergar as they were the reason that his company was killed and or captured, leaving Mordecai to die in a pool of his own blood. He carries the mark to this day and is his greatest shame, which he covers with his clothing and armour. When something bothers him he often reaches for the scar as it gives off a slight painful feeling and acts like a warning of the choices he makes, to think and not rush into things as he once did.

MotivationMordecai had two main goals that he had wanted to accomplish before he was captured. His first and most important goal is to gain the acceptance and respect that he feels he deserves as a creature that lives above ground. All his life he has been called demon, outcast, fiend, just to name a few and is constantly having to prove himself to not be the evil creature that they all think he is. By hunting the creatures of the underdark he felt that it would aid in achieving this goal.
His second goal was to find his company that were taken during an ambush as well as bring back the remains of those that had fallen. He was good friends with his company and had earned there respect, but now, they are dead and/or captured. He wishes to find out what has happened to them and avenge them if need be.
Now as he has been captured his goals have changed, his new first priority is to break free and get home to his love Aianna. The only woman who had ever loved him and accepted him for who he was. He would ask her to marry her if he makes it home alive after all this.
He also wishes to help those that are also captured back to safety and above ground. When he does he hopes that those he saved can rally their allies and they can make sure that none of this can ever happen again.

History Mordecai was born and left out in the Dunwoods to die, as his features terrified his folks and they thought that he was a demon. He was founded by a ranger named Jacar Silvos and was taken in and raised from him. As he grew he learned the trade of becoming a ranger from Jacar, but he was no woods favouring ranger, he preferred to hunt in the underdark and trained Mordecai to use his blades, rather than the bow. Mordecai's bulky size favoured such a style of fighting and only used the bow to catch those that tried to run from them. As he grew his master and father figure helped him gain acceptance into the small village of Helgabal where he was still considered an outcast, but at least respected him as he and his master often brought meat and skins for the town to sell and use.
As he grew into adulthood he fell in love with a woman named Aianna who seemed to love and respect him for who was was, not what he looked like. Unfortunately much of Mordecai's time was dedicated to hunting within the underdark, he planned to marry her some day, even bought a ring to give to her when the time was right. He was happy, as happy as he could ever be. But the creatures of the underdark were getting brave, more aggressive and hostile, so much so that the tiefling, his mentor and a group of other hunters made the choice of trying to find out what was causing all of this.
During one expedition, Mordecai had gotten cocky and told his mentor that he should take the lead, at first Jacar didn't approve, but eventually allowed him to take the lead. It proved to be their downfall, as the group was ambushed by a band of Duergar and because of Mordecai's lack of experience at the time were taken down quickly. He had to watch, laying in his own pool of blood as the Duergar took down the rest of the company, he thought it was his end and darkness began to surround him. But he then awoke, his wounds crudely patched up and awoke to find no bodies left where they should have been. He thought the Duergar had taken them, he wanted to go find them but his injuries would not allow it and he crawled back to the surface.
He was founded and cared for, asking where the others were, he told them that the group was ambused and taken, for some reason, leaving him alive. Aianna was the only one to believe him, the others had their doubts, thinking he turned to evil and had them killed. He argued and was given a second chance, he had to go back into the caves and find the missing people, return them or bring evidence of their deaths and allow the village to give them a proper burial. He would have to go alone, which he accepted, when he was healed enough he gathered his things and set off to find his missing company.

RP Sample:The tiefling looked upon the familiar tunnels as he retraced his steps to where he had fallen before. Blood still stained the stone from where the ambush had taken place and Mordecai reached for his scar. The pain still resonating within him, reminding him of his mistake, he let out a long breath and squatted, looking for clues as to where they went. He noticed footprints, about the size of the cursed Duergar's and began to follow the path.
It took him to an opening where the path seemed to end, and below another path seemed to have their footprints again, they must have climbed down from here and continued on their way. Seems that luck is on my side this time, he thought as he prepared his own rope to climb down, but then he heard something, the slight sound of footprints. If it weren't for the silence of the cave at the time he would not have heard it.
He laid on his stomach and took a look over the ledge to find the a band of Duergar, he immediately recognized who they were. The same cursed creatures that had ambushed them, it seemed as if they were one man down, must have killed one in the last fight. Mordecai knew when he didn't stand a chance and wished to follow them, possibly taking them down one by one. The tiefling began to back up, only to feel something hit his foot from behind him. He paused and slowly began to turn over to see a spear pointed at him and the missing Duergar holding it. The small creature whistled, notifying the others and didn't even need to hear their footsteps to know that they were coming.
"Just make it a quick death you child of a jacka**." He said to them but got no response, instead the Duergar spun his spear around and hit him hard on the face, and darkness consumed him. When he awoke he was tied up and help by a number of ropes and chains from the rest of the party.
"You're awake, good, now start walking." The leader of the band said, his piercing red eyes and silver white hair wrapped into a topknot, pointing his longsword at his throat. He tried to move, but couldn't and finally gave up and nodded.
"Alright, I'll get up but understand when I get out of this I will make sure of it that I am the last thing you see in this -." Mordecai began to reply, the Duergar all laughed and the leader then punched him with a straight right.
"Get up and get moving. The drow will pay us nicely for a strong, young fellow like yourself, oh how they love to have fun torturing and experimenting on your kind." He said, laughing again as the tiefling spit out the blood filling his mouth and smirked before beginning to walk to his fate.
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.

Last edited by Kaneda Shepard; 03-21-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:21 PM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
Old 03-14-2018, 04:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
ready for review
Old 03-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master Disaster Master
Thanks for all the review requests; and please don't worry if I am not able to review your application immediately.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:09 PM
Natural 20 ;)

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneda Shepard View Post
Question: What are the limitations for the Tiefling Variants? Are we able to use the Unearthed Arcana or just use the ones that are listed in the books?
Only the variants published in the listed books, please; there are a few in the SCAG.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 959
Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard Kaneda Shepard
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaster Master View Post
Only the variants published in the listed books, please; there are a few in the SCAG.
I do not strike with my hand; he who strikes with his hand has forgotten the face of his father. I strike with my mind...I do not kill with my sword; he who kills with his sword has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with my heart.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3516
ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones ColdBones
Thanks for the feedback! I've updated my application and consider Domu complete!