: +

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 12:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 357
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
@Rylus I would prefer not to have quite so explicitly evil characters, specifically a

though I will hold my judgement on the class until later if you want to complete a backstory and such.

And as a note for everyone else: Whilst evil will be allowed I was intending it more for the purposes of class alignment requirements and would greatly prefer good or neutral characters as that is what I had been currently designing the campaign for. People are hardly going to swap evils after all.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1449
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Mel is built up as far as possible without a sheet. Let me know if you need/want anything added or clarified.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 05-20-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 09:32 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
Old 05-21-2019, 03:14 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

Old 05-21-2019, 04:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 595
KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane KarlCullinane
OK, I've made some updates to Esta'Veal...including swapping out the placeholder name for something better. At his point I consider her complete, mostly. I'll rough out a basic Sheet for her...probably tomorrow after I get back from this stupid azz class. (Deleted : 77 words that could have lead to my bosses being able to figure our who I am in The Real World. Hey, thanks for that "Internet Security" class.)

Quote:
Hyregoth : When you pined for the spice rack of a friendly race.
Things to Remember #1: When attempting to bluff ones way out of an old bar bill, it is not wise to yell Tab?! TAB?!! I have been in this bar before, ye drunken lout!
As the Troll Master Chef was wont to say : There's no Race like Gnome, for the Hollendaise.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:00 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyregoth View Post
Questions/Requests:
I'm curious why True Neutral is not allowed. Normally, TN is a problem but you would think they would jump in on this as things are WAY out of balance.

I was thinking about Feral Child (Druid, Hunter) as someone raised by packs of wild dogs in the city but it doesn't allow Urban Terrain. Opinion?

I am also thinking about Druid (Urban Druid, Nobility Domain). Opinion?
-The True Neutral ban is more from a mechanics standpoint, as many abilities rely on alignment to function properly (Protection from good/evil/law/chaos, and the similar weapon abilities spring to mind). I'm fine with a character acting neutrally for "balance".

- As for the classes, I'll review them when I have the time. It's likely that I will be more than happy to reflavour archetypes if it seems fitting.

Last edited by Banewolf; 05-21-2019 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1449
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Best Urban Druid is Swarm Monger.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9757
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Can we combine multiple archtypes as long as they don't modify the same class abilities?
Old 05-21-2019, 03:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'll allow it with review.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9757
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Name: Hadhoz Anlor, Faithful of Asmodeus

Race: Human

Class: Cleric

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Physical Description: An average man, Hadhoz dresses in the colors of the faithful. A mess of unrurly brown hair on top his head and carefully trimmed goatee, he is dress in dark reds contrasted with black. He frequently displays a gold 5 pointed star on his chest and carries a five flanged mace as well. Unlike most of the priest hood, he disdains the heavier armor that seems to be so popular with his fellow clergy and faithful and instead prefers thick leather amour.

Personality: Hadhoz is a quiet man who preserves observation and questioning to loud preaching. He believes that faith resides deep inside and that moments of truth are brought out by challenges in one's perceptions over lip service for ceremonies. What a person is actually willing to do for their god is shown in these moments and the most regular believers will often fall short when forced to make that choice. This quiet has often made the other clerics in training question his sincerity in the religion, but his abbots always knew intelligence over fervor would seem him rise.

Background: Hadhoz is an orphan dropped off at a church of Asmodeus. Well his parents aren't dead, the priests don't or won't tell him who left him. He was raised a member of the faithful performing basic chores such as sweeping the floors and cleaning the kitchen. As he grew, he was taught his letters from books of the faithful and proved to be a sharp mind at the theoretical debates of the priest. Tested, he soon was given more studies in the word of the faithful. As he grew, he was taught how to lead the holy mace for Asmodeus demanded that any of his faithful be ready to defend it.

At 18, he was assigned to the troubled town of Sophier. As a member of the faithful, he was assigned to the Abbot in charge of the church who quickly took a dislike to him. However despite an early series of challenges based on his more quiet demeanor, he quickly proved his faith. Unhappy that he had succeeded, Hadhoz was assigned to the ghetto to work with the poor there. Hadhoz well unliked by those he now serviced, proved to be a capable flock tender. He knew when to look the other way and when to call in those who challenge the stability. However he resented his placement and as he was continued to be challenged by his leaders for his faith, he started to wonder why he couldn't become the one in charge...

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 05-28-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:27 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1178
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
right-aligned image

Name: Zevala
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Witch (Bouda)
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Physical description:
Zevala is quite a bit smaller than the average half-orc: a consequence of a childhood never having enough food or care. Though she is on the skinny side, she has strength that belies her appearance; her life has been a constant case of "be strong, or die". Because of her size, her features looks more human than orc at first glance, though in bright light her green skin is a dead giveaway, as are her tusks once one takes a closer look.

Personality:
Zevala never had anyone to look out for her as a child, so she learned to look out for herself. As she grew older, and her 'family' coalesced around her, she learned that they could trust each other - but the rest of the world was another story. And as her family began to be taken from her bit by bit, she came to understand that she could not afford to rely on anyone but herself. Other people may be helpful, she may make friends, but she can never again trust in anyone else for her own well-being.

She tends to be reserved when meeting new people, preferring to learn as much as she can about them before chancing the reveal of any of her own secrets. She does enjoy music and song, and the company of others, but she will always take responsibility for herself, first, last, and always.

Background:
Zevala's mother had been taken during a raid - one of many in those days - on a small farming community a half-day's ride from the walls of Sophier, She was kust over a year old when a troop of soldiers was sent to deal with the orc threat; deal with it they did, slaughtering the orcs to the last, and returning home with a ragged copany of women and children. Most of those rescued died over the next few months, being unable to recover from the mistreatment they suffered at the hands of the orcs. Zavala's mother was one of the casualties, leaving Zavala to be raised in an orphanage. She was only one of many unwanted half-orc children in the orphanage; with few families looking to adopt these half-bred offspring born of pillage and plunder, the only family she eve knew were the other rejects.

Despite her tragic beginnings, she managed to survive and flourish, forming a close-knit family with several of the other children that she grew up with. Being on the bottom rung of the social scale, with no family or social ties, they were effectively barred from all but the most menial jobs; Zevala and several of her managed to eke out a living collecting rags and bones from the trash of the city, and selling what she could to the paper-makers, soapers, and other craftsmen. It was most often a dismal existence, but she and her 'family' made the best of it; though the days were long and hard, the nights were often filled with music and song, around a shared pot of stew and jug of cheap wine.

It was always a hard life, but in recent months it seems that the City Guard have determined to make it even harder. Every few days, it seemed that another of Zevala's family was taken away: accused of vandalism, or theft, or simply 'being a nuisance'. Merchants didn't like 'those kind' darkening their streets, the Guard found them an easy target when they needed a body to accuse of a crime, and nobody of any import cared when they disappeared never to be seen again.

~~~~~

It was just a few months ago that Zevala first realized she had powers. Darok was singing a song one evening; she was drunk, swaying to the deep tones of his voice, when she noticed lights, dancing around his head. She concentrated, and found that she could make them dart about, pulsing in rhythm with the beat of the song. As soon as she realized what she was doing, she cried out in terror, and the lights flickered out...if the Guard had seen, they might have taken all of them away! Even so, she knew that she must test this new ability, so see what tits limits might be. Always in secret, in the darkest hours of the night, or hidden away in an abandoned room, she experimented: sparking a fire, mending torn cloths, cleaning a bucketful of sewer water. Suddenly, life seemed just a tiny bit less miserable.

Then came the day that changed everything. It was evening, just after sundown. She and her family had returned from whatever jobs they had been able to find that day; she was making a pot of stew, while Darok was dancing and juggling some metal cups. He lost his balance, and sent one of the cups flying out into the street. Darok turned to chase after it, but the cup struck a passing member of the City Guard in the shoulder - the Guard turned, and seeing the troupe of half-orcs in the alleyway, drew his sword.

"Begging your pardon, sir, I didn't mean-" Daroks' words were cut off as the Guard sliced across his throat, killing him instantly. "Filthy half-breeds", the guard muttered, then before anyone else could react, the Guard charged into the alleyway and cut down two of Zevala's sisters. He turned and aimed a swipe at Zevala, who could do nothing but throw up a hand, shouting "No!!!" Somehow, the swing went over Zevala's head. "Stop!" she screamed as he gathered himself for another blow, and he stumbled; tripping over the cooking pot, he fell to the ground. Zevala knocked over the pot, splashing the boiling stew into the guard's face, then picked up a carving knife and plunged it deep into his back.

She and the rest of her family scattered; she ran all night, until she was in a part of the city she had never seen before. That was four days ago, She has not seen any of her family since; she doesn't know if they are alive or dead. All she knows is that things must change, and she must do whatever is within her power to bring about that change.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23268
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi Banewolf -

Do you want me to create your game room if you are confident you going to get this started?

Cheers,
Old 05-23-2019, 10:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posting interest.
WIP Application

Jamin

Race: Vanara Sex: Male Class: Inquisitor 1Age: 18 Height: 5’4” or 2'8" Weight: 135 or 23
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Archetypes: Inquisitor (Sacred Huntsmaster/Green Faith Marshal)
Animal Companion: Ape (Trett)
Familiar: Monkey (Cabos)

Description
Jamin’s long thick mane of fiery orange hair, with streaks of red, encompasses his head, jawline and cheeks while obscuring his dagger shaped ears. His arms, legs and torso, covered in soft lightly colored brownish orange fur, marbled with cherry red spots, are comparable to a small human, a few inches over five feet. His movements are strong and simple with an distinguishable gait due to his hand-like feet. He has a soft, breathy voice with a slight hoo sound following the end of most sentences. His visible skin, promoted by his long fingers, palms, finger-like toes, soles of his feet, a triangle face comprising of a flat nose, short bridge rounded tip and wide nostrils, and protruding muzzle with a wide mouth, is dark raven blue. He has almond shaped pale violet eyes that gaze curiously out from underneath thick bushy eyebrows. Jamin emits an odd aroma of mint with a hint of lavender. Violet colored ribbons of various lengths flow from his head, weapons and clothing.
FamiliarCabos has a band of short soft light golden speckled colored hair covering his face that contrasts against the rough dark brown fur of his cap. The same dark color runs down the back, onto his long limbs and on his long thick prehensile tail while his chest, belly and upper arms support a golden red coloring. Cabos hands and feet are black. Cabos has a head to body length of 18 inches, a tail length of 19 inches, and weighs between 9 and 10 pounds.

Cabos is scared of large birds and loves to chase cats. He feeds on fruits, invertebrates, crabs, shellfish and small vertebrates like bats, birds, frogs and lizards.

Animal CompanionTrett has long thick reddish brown fur that covers his bulky body except for a saddle of dark silver-colored hair on his back. He has a pronounced crest on the top and back of his head, a long face with distinctive cheek pads and dark hazel eyes framed by a dark blue ring around the iris. Typical for his kind, and like Cabos, Trett strong arms are longer than his bowed legs. He is a juvenile and when fully grown will be around eight feet in height and weigh slightly over 800 pounds.

Trett is an opportunist eater and tends to blow raspberries at folks.

Personality
Jamin is creature of relentless motion. If he is not talking, he is moving about fiddling, cleaning, or crafting; most often doing both. Jamin is a passionate individual; charitable with his laugh and smile, quick to show anger, and easy to shed tears; mainly towards events that deal with animals and the young rather than with adults. Jamin is a relatively cautious person which has carried over to his social life. He is fast at making acquaintances but slow in making friends. Finally, Jamin can be headstrong and has his own ideas on what is righteous.

Background His family helps run the city-state of Sophiers incredible zoo that houses thousands of different types of creatures. He was one of the few who was born on the zoo grounds. He was raised to view all of Gaia’s children as equal once he reached age he joined the Order of the mother; an ally and protect of nature. He took on a new identity, Jamin, named after a herb, and his new role has put him above the rules of the order and he now answers only to Gaia; the Mother of all life.

His inquisitor training is diverse; doctrine, spells and he has learned how to fight with a new weapon; Tetsubo, a type of club. He spends his day finding enemies of Gaia; eliminate things that conflict with her teachings. He sees the world itself is an organism as such is alive and is the first child of Gaia. As such it needs protecting.

The hidden home of the order is found within grounds of the zoo and its employees. Jamins role at the moment has been to find and safe creatures being sold in the shadow market. This is how he came upon Trett and Cabos.

Last edited by Kshnik; 06-05-2019 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Hi Banewolf -

Do you want me to create your game room if you are confident you going to get this started?

Cheers,
That would be great, thanks!
Old 05-23-2019, 02:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23268
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Done!