RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-26-2019, 09:35 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 830
Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik Skryptik
@Gualdarrama - You get one major power but if it is a power that also has a minor benefit than you gain both. The only way to get a second power is to take the feat that grants you a new additional one.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 05-26-2019, 11:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryptik View Post
@Gualdarrama - You get one major power but if it is a power that also has a minor benefit than you gain both. The only way to get a second power is to take the feat that grants you a new additional one.
So I start with a major bloodline and take Divine Wrath.

@4th I take Healing with Power of the Blood... does it go to major because of my bloodline being 16?
Old 05-27-2019, 12:28 AM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Yes the new power would be based upon the strength of the score when it is taken.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
New to Birthright. Is there somewhere to get the info on all the npc and ranks in the realm or we making it up in our apps?
Old 05-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
@Clawsome

Yes, all of the lore is freely accessed here at the Birthright Wiki.

The lands and important details on the Southern Coast are located here.

You don't have to make a character that originates from the Southern Coast, that's just where the majority of the first Act will take place.

These are the most relevant maps (there are tons more)
Map of Anuire * Map of the Southern Coast * Map of the Eastern Marches

EDIT: After rereading the question I should add that there are a lot of NPCs developed in the details of many realms on the wiki but it's not extensive so if you need to make someone up that isn't defined in the lore to flesh out a background that is totally fine. Ranks can be assumed as pretty typical of a medieval society.

Last edited by Skryptik; 05-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2349
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Dori now ready to go if chosen. Link to Character sheet is on name, but please note change of surname.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag
How do you feel about the mystic class? I’ve been wanting to play test it.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3194
Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon Arkaon
I'd like to post my interest here! Never played, nor even heard of, Birthright, but I am really liking what I've read so far. I have an exam coming up on the 3rd (Australian Time, so that probably means the 2nd for everyone else) but I believe I can get a character up and running before the deadline. I will need to do some research first, (after the revision that shall consume my life over the next 4-5 days, of course )
Old 05-29-2019, 07:37 PM
Devil's Jester

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Dori now ready to go if chosen. Link to Character sheet is on name, but please note change of surname.
@Fwalin McFundin - Roger that, looks good and thanks for letting me know Fwalin.

Quote:
How do you feel about the mystic class? Iíve been wanting to play test it.
@The Firkraag - I actually like the Mystic, unfortunately psionic powers don't really fit into the theme of Birthright (in my opinion of course). My second favorite setting is Dark Sun but it feels like I've been waiting forever for official 5e books featuring Athas as a a setting. I am currently sorting through homebrew conversions to potentially use for a game set there and a mystic would be perfect but I won't be comfortable with launching a second game for at least another month.

Quote:
I'd like to post my interest here! Never played, nor even heard of, Birthright, but I am really liking what I've read so far. I have an exam coming up on the 3rd (Australian Time, so that probably means the 2nd for everyone else) but I believe I can get a character up and running before the deadline. I will need to do some research first, (after the revision that shall consume my life over the next 4-5 days, of course )
@Arkaon - Great to hear, I can promise the date won't be getting moved up if nothing else so you should have time. Good luck on your exam!

Old 05-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4443
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Time to throw a lit torch into the application bin! Correction. Putting out said fire and using the ashes to make something else.

Application
left-aligned image

Name: RillLlalee Lingold
Race: Halfling (Umbric)
Class: Fighter (Samurai)
Personality: Reckless in combat, Studious, Wise, Amicable
Ideal: "We are refugees from our own home plane. While we look for a way back we need to make ourselves known to the kingdoms and nobility of this world."
Bond: "I'll fight for those who struggle beneath boots and sneers just because they don't LOOK like they belong."
Flaw: "No I'm not a thief! I didn't steal this sword, it's my Grandma's! Well take it if you dare!!"
Deity: None, but if pressed he'll choose Ruomil
History:

Regency Choices:
1. Osoerde
2. Roesone
3. Baruk-Azhik

Last edited by Tyeal; 06-03-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
There are goblins of several varieties, orogs, and ogres and other giants. There are canonically no orcs in Birthright. In 2nd edition, an orog was typically a half-orc, half ogre. This was handwaved away and they just said orog was a species of humaniods.

Orogs are a subterranean race of miners and warriors that inhabit Cerilia's mountain ranges. They consider all other races to be their foes, and constantly wage war upon them. Orogs are slightly taller than humans, and more powerfully built, with a somewhat apish face and long arms. They have hairless skin, ranging in color from leathery gray to black. Orogs speak their own language.

Don't quote me on this but I believe this is the list of available races:
  • Cerilian Human
  • Karamhul Dwarf
  • Sidhelien Elf
  • Half-Elves
  • Umbric Halfling

Last edited by Gualdarrama; 05-29-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
cappucina cappucina
Name: Meem Yata
Class: Cleric
Archetype: Stoic Caregiver
Race: Human
Subculture: Brecht
Bloodline: Brenna
Allegiance: Medeore
Sex: Female
God: Ruornil, Seer of the Moon (Knowledge, Life)
Level: 4

Personality Trait: I can keep a cool head in any situation.

As Traveling Temple Planter
Ideal: I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy.
Flaw: I'm never satisfied with what I have--I always want more.
Bond: I work to preserve a library, university, scriptorium, or monastery. Is this OK if it's a whole religious order instead of just one place?

As Midwife and Healer
Ideal: Life is unpredictable and I have to be flexible to help it along.
Bond: I've saved the lives of children, some of noble birthright, and earn favor with the families.
Flaws: There is a price on my head in a certain part of the realm, because the family blames me for the death of their sick child.

Currently
Meem is a shrewd Cleric of Ruornil who understands that her religion needs reliable income to stay strong. She recognizes that it is structured to be a money making enterprise and it's got a fairly clear business model. Currently her mission is to oversee, fund, and advise a network of Temple Planters. She was once a Temple Planter herself - so knows how it's done from the ground up.

Origins
She originally comes from a large family of blooded, descendants of the hero Yata -------crazy last name ----- who fought at the battle of Mount Deismaar. The family legend was that the power of Brenna flowed into him and turned him into a Demi God. Maybe that's true and maybe not. But, he was certainly given something special that has been passed down through many generations. Over the years, his first name became remembered and his last name forgotten, so eventually the family took on his first name to try to hold onto the prestige of their Bloodline. Her family is part of the secular nobility of Medeore, and formerly one of great Dieman empire nobilities, that decided to remain in Medeore after Medeore claimed its independence. Her House has declared itself loyal to the Church of Ruornil, but it has not formally joined the religion. Part of the negotiation to remain secular, but continue oversee land, collect taxes, raise armies, and oversee the law (after agreeing to switch to the laws of Ruornil) was a change of location. The Yata family had owned a vast area and a beautiful castle near Surier in Alamier. They basically shared the governance of one of the bigger towns in the province with the merchant guilds and a few lesser noble houses. They lost these holdings and some status when the Dieman empire collapsed. They had to grant these holdings to the church as part of a formal treaty of surrender to the new and independent state of Medeore. The Yata’s has been playing both sides, they had done both good and harm during the conflicts to both sides. They spread a lot of word about the good they had done as soon as the end of conflict was obvious. Her family was allowed to keep additional, more distant lands they owned as well as expand and take over lands of lesser nobles who had fled once the empire collapsed, and was charged with making a last stand buffer, in case of a serious invasion, between the Spiderfell woods and the more civilized territory at the mouth of the ____ river. The move farther away from the coast was - into the lesser settled area of Caerwil - was initially a financial blow. They took over property that was much less developed, surrounding populations lower, the Keep much less ornate. But, they have more than quadrupled the size of their land holdings and they have earned the good will and even friendly gratitude of the Church of Ruornil. The family believes that eventually, in the long run, this trade off will end up benefiting the family. With hard work, good decisions, strategy that attracts more settlers, grows the size of towns, improves trade....the Yata family can again prosper and rise to the top. The new family lands are in the Northeast of Medoere, in the slightly wild Caerwil province, but closer to the border of Braeme and thus as secure as a domain can be in that Caerwil province. They are far enough out of danger from the smaller raids and annoyances coming out of Spiderwell.

Meem is on the fringe part of this family tree, it's her cousins that have the claim to the most direct descendant lineage. Their Great Great Grandparent was her Great Great Great Great Uncle. And, so on the massive (hopefully forever unfinished) tapestry of the Yata family tree...she can follow a trail that moves out to the edge and then find her name on the very far right corner while some of those she grew up with are clear at the center. Thus her families' new keep, lands, and holdings have been bequeathed to her dear cousins. Even though they were close as children, she had always understood that she would have to find her own way in the world as an adult. Happily, her path to independence became clear. She was called to serve Ruornil at a fairly young age. Her cousins are currently raising the next generation of the Yata nobility to live in the new family keep. There were memorable trips to Celestial Palace of Ruornil at Lake Adele - which may have had a strong influence on young Meem and the path her life has taken as an adult. She's put in years of service, and she is now rising up quickly in the ranks of her temple.

She started out as a novice, even coming from House Yata, at age 11. She was trained as an assistant healer to start and went through a lengthly apprenticeship until she became a healer in her own right in her teens. When her apprenticeship ended, she blended her divine gift for healing with her interest in traveling to new places. She had the patronage and favor of her wealthy and connected family to make it happen just the way she envisioned. Meem traveled farther east, as far as Roesone and Ilien. She discovers the wealthiest farm supported communities - she stays for a year or a harvest season, she healed the sick and it was fortunate that she had become an expert midwife. Naturally, she was quickly trusted. Her opinion became trusted. She's often quite right in the decisions she makes. Her opinion became important. She gently spread word about her God Ruornil. Families felt indebted to her. She used this good will to pull in resources and free labor to build modest shrines. During those years of temple seeding, she delivered hundreds of babies and cured many sick or injured people. She will absolutely put her own plans aside to care tirelessly for sick infants and mothers.

Eventually, in addition to recruiting new faithful and starting shrines in small, wealthy communities, she focused some travel to already established shrines and did her work to get enough to generate enough support to build a small temple with a few permanent clerics. She now travels to small temples to discover (or establish) or negotiate for some farmland to support it. If the clerics have been doing their work, there is some good will in the community and it happens. If they haven't been doing enough to generate this sort of good will...Meem reassigns them and brings in someone who she think can get it done. Not done tomorrow, but by the end of their lifetime. Meems vision will take generations and generations. She is working on the foundational structure of something in the far and distant future. Her vision is for each temple to be grand - with place enough for dozens of clerics to run it and who can make the temple and its land truly prosperous. Of course, all of these growing holdings will funnel some income back to Medeore. She travel back to Medeore to the biggest temples to network among the more powerful Clerics - let any new ones come to know her and understand how she is fairly indispensable to them if they understand at all about the need to recruit constantly, to increase the level of dedication, to best utilize the donations coming into each temple (its often grains and livestock), how to best staff the temples, what unique products each temple can make for the local markets or how each temple is going to prosper by trade in that area, and how the temples can become more than self sufficient and eventually make goods flow much like a guild system (but tiptoeing around the guild system) all the way back to Medeore. A flow of gold and trade goods to them straight out of the rich lands of their neighbors. It starts with small shrines and though those days are over for her she makes sure that the temple hierarchy has clerics that have taken her place and many of them all over the Southwest.

Meem is currently wrapping up a year on the Court of Nine Spells. It was an honor to be chosen and it was a year of a different sort of service to Ruornil. It was all intellectual filled with sitting through meetings and discussions and debates. And, though she had to delegate much of the heavy work schedule of overseeing the expansion details, she believed that the opportunity to site on the Court would eventually help her further her goals faster. She is transitioning out and is working side by side with her successor. She has truly missed the travel.

Meem is a healer who has seen it all. She's always calm and capable to the best of her abilities - or at least that's what it's looked like so far. She's seen more blood and gore than most warriors.

Domain: Travel
Minor Bloodline Ability: Alertness (+2 to initiative and +2 to perception checks)

Notes: Roesone is the larger country neighbors M to the East. Caercas is one of 7 provinces in Roesone that borders M. C is the largest and most densely populated part of Roesone. It's got rich farmland and the capital city. Traese Nolan is the lieutanant'/hand that runs the day to day of the area. Capital is Proudglaive, big port city with 10K residents. Baroness is ruler of Roesone.
Ilien is a teeny rich country that is wedged between M and Roesone along the coast. Ilien is a one province country. Free City, neutral, richest farmland on southern coast. Countryside is full of small towns and some towns of note: Goewhyn where the guild offers M special trading prices if they don't go further east than this town.

Holy Symbol on belt:

Last edited by cappucina; 06-08-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: working document - character building
Old 05-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skryptik View Post
@The Firkraag - I actually like the Mystic, unfortunately psionic powers don't really fit into the theme of Birthright (in my opinion of course). My second favorite setting is Dark Sun but it feels like I've been waiting forever for official 5e books featuring Athas as a a setting. I am currently sorting through homebrew conversions to potentially use for a game set there and a mystic would be perfect but I won't be comfortable with launching a second game for at least...
Fair enough. Iíve been mulling over the source material trying to see how a mystic could be reflavoured to make a suitable application, but it sounds like I may want to wait for that. Iím still interested, of course but will have to ponder what I should write up. Thanks.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok. My next question is whether or not you subscribe to the idea of half-elves as the Hanner Sidhe.
http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...nlluniau_Sidhe
Old 05-30-2019, 12:36 AM
Great Derpy Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 733
Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral Sadral
@The Firkraag, DM seems fine with it !

Quote:
AnswerI am totally fine with anyone using the Hanner Sidhe origin for a half elf character, it's honestly much more true to the lore. If I had a knack for such things I would consider trying to craft a true variant within the meta but for now it's just easier to say that all half elves have the same traits but are either born from a human/elf union or sidhe-touched.
I've rolled with it myself and it's great fun to use that bit of lore to craft a BG.

Last edited by Sadral; 05-30-2019 at 12:38 AM.