RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Okay, so could be either one... I think most of the racial traits related to Orcs are for Half-Orcs and I think discovering your adopted parent is actually a member of the species you hold responsible for the worst moment of your life would make for some more interesting role play down the road.

So I am totally taking Adopted, after that I am calling complete.

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 05-29-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
I like your icon; Fenneko is hilarious. I’d like to know if you’d approve of a Kitsune Sorcerer concept of a person that was cursed into the form of a fox as a punishment.

Character Concept
Name: Lawrence Bre’r

Race: Kitsune

Class: Sorcerer (Cross-blooded Karmic Sage)

Alignment: CN

Description: n/a

Traits (2): n/a

Drawback: n/a

Eastern or Western?: Western

Background:Lawrence was no one of real interest. He always caused just enough trouble to keep things from getting too boring. He found out the hard way just how dangerous curiosity and boredom could be when mixed together.

He doesn’t remember the how or the why; just that he was responsible for killing a Witches’ Familiar. In spite of a seething anger towards the boy, her punishment seemed rather merciful; by a Hag’s standards. She would have him replace her now dead Familiar, after a few necessary alterations.

Life from that point began to blur together in his mind. Days, weeks and months past by at a blink as hours, minutes and seconds would drag on for eternity as he wrestled with his mind. His next clearest memory was of a practitioner of the Druidic traditions. Though they were unable to break the Witches’ spell that ailed him. The Practitioner instead taught him some of what they knew. Helping Lawrence harness the transformative powers that caused his new form, even slightly; though this caused the spell to embed itself further into his soul.

After much time, and many failed attempts, he was able to gain some semblance of the humanity he had lost. Through his experience he has learned how to disguise his true nature, and gained knowledge in the art of weaving spells from the Aether, residing both within himself, and his surroundings.

Legends and myths about shapeshifters and those who deal with curses came to mind when he picked up one of the distress letters as it flew through the air. It sounded like a good place to start, so after pocketing it he decided to head East.

Last edited by Pumpkinhead11; 05-30-2019 at 04:00 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Cursed to be a kitsune... interesting indeed. I also hope what you have is a placeholder
Old 05-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
It’s a placeholder, yeah. I’ll remember to say so next time. My mistake
Old 05-29-2019, 04:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
So debating a few ideas... The one I'm most interested in is a traveling I know this would require approval but it could be fun. Especially if she's from a nearby nation where Vanara are accepted and not entirely sure why people are looking at her like she's a monster. If you'd like to avoid the additional race, I can easily swap for a kitsune. Or maybe kenku...Vanara druid (herbalism nature bond) traveling to gather more knowledge about how other peoples/races blend ingredients to make medicines and potions. Unfortunately, she keeps running into trouble because the natives either outright refuse or are exceedingly reluctant to trust her because she must be a Yokai since she looks like a surprisingly humanoid monkey.

Other ideas include a Kenku sorcerer (phoenix bloodline), a Kitsune rogue or ninja & a Yokai Hunter ranger (unsure of the race with this one).
Old 05-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1188
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode
This is mostly me tagging this thread so I don't forget about it. No real character placeholder until after the first of the month, when I see whether I'm in any or all of my currently applied games (and thus can evaluate whether I'm over-reaching on my game count).
I'm fairly certain I'll be making a real application here; just need to settle on the exact choices.

But, in the meantime... questions! I have them!
  • As a neophyte here, what does "frequently" mean?
  • What sort of level range expectation do you have for this campaign? That is, will a character be disappointing if it doesn't get its shining moments until level 3? 6? 10? ...15?
  • Should we assume more-or-less standard Golarion for the "West"?

Last edited by Antipode; 05-30-2019 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Okay, I am not seeing one, so I will try, and hope that it works.

Name: Omori Uta

Race: Kitsune

Class: Witch

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Description: Depending on the moon, or the village she is being chased from, Omori stands 5'0". She has intense amber colored eyes and black hair streaked with crimson.

Traits (2): Among Humans, Superior Shapeshifter (Racial Trait if that is okay)

Drawback: Family ties

Eastern or Western?: Eastern

Background: It is a great thing when a child is born. It is even greater when you are given the trust to raise a child that is not your own, after not being to have one yourself. That is what Omori Rea thought when a bundle was left on her the front step of her house, in her small village of Yasugi. She noticed little differences, but nothing until the child was 4 gave her pause enough to hesitate in momentary fear. She came into their living space and found a fox, black in coloring with red streaks looking back at her. It was no bigger than a kit, but most animals are feral, so she went for the stick she used for herding their goats. When she came back, her daughter, Uta was sitting in the same spot. Rea understood then what Uta was. She was a Kitsune. One of the Tricksters. Would she turn on her, as they all did in the stories? Thinking on this, she observed her daughter. She saw no signs that she had changed. She decided then to take a chance, to continue raising her as her own, and teach her the ways of nature. She taught her the ways of magic, herbs and the ways of the paths of the world. Becoming a witch only seemed natural for a creature of nature, herself.

Last edited by RacesWild; 05-31-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 02:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipode View Post
As a neophyte here, what does "frequently" mean?
I mean, don't take forever to respond. My only excuse is either waiting on others or work has been away from the computer.

Quote:
What sort of level range expectation do you have for this campaign? That is, will a character be disappointing if it doesn't get its shining moments until level 3? 6? 10? ...15?
I do not understand your question. Are you asking what the max level will be?

Quote:
Should we assume more-or-less standard Golarion for the "West"?
Yeah basically. You can still make up town/city names

Also, CrystalDarkMoon, I like some of these ideas, but you need a good reason to be a good Kitsune or a Kenku wanting to help the city. A Vanara could work honestly, they technically should be from Fhang Zhi but I forgot they existed. Speaking of Druid, I will be adding something in the info you may wanna see
Old 05-30-2019, 06:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Honestly, my main motivation for the kenku & kitsune ideas was trying to prove not all of their races should be distrusted on sight & an attempt to start some sort of movement towards some rights/legal protections for those willing to live peacefully alongside the rest of the races.

I'll wait to formally start an application until you get info on how vanara are viewed & their social acceptance in relation to kitsune & kenku.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1942
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Strange2099, lets see this fox boi
Thanks, Krow Nest!
And although it does look like the field is starting to get a bit crowded now with foxes, I’ll work on the write-up for my Kitsune Bard app over the weekend.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:45 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1188
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
I do not understand your question. Are you asking what the max level will be?
I guess I was really asking about the modal level -- what sort of level range you expect the campaign will spend the most time (my former local playgroup didn't always have particularly constant leveling rates outside of PFS Organized Play games). But if you've got an estimated max level, that'd probably work too!
Old 05-30-2019, 06:08 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1466
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
@ Krow Nest - I just need to do her physical description, and I'll probably do a portrait of each of the personalities because I like to make things hard for myself.

As a note, I've made the incident that split Scathach's personality yokai-related, but I've intentionally left it ambiguous as to what the actual cause is and what the voices are, so you are free to do whatever you like on that end and surprise me
Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2059
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
DM,

Kyoto the Samurai is now complete.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:08 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
DM do you want us to create your game room?

Thanks,
Old 05-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1466
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
I would now call Scathach complete! Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.