RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1025
Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode Antipode
Crafting guidance added to the FAQ for those who have been asking. Well, and for everyone, actually.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I actually really like the restricting of the big magic classes. It forces us to create characters using classes that may not normally be the obvious first choices. For me, I’m going to do a full Binder. The Pact magic stuff has always seemed very interesting to me both from a mechanical and rp stand point. Will post full application when I get a second to delve deep into Tome of Magic.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
So obligatory question, draconic cohort/wild cohort yay or nay?
Old 06-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
So obligatory question, draconic cohort/wild cohort yay or nay?
Let's set the standard as "nothing that works like Leadership". Because let's be honest, that's just silly. So no Draconic Cohort.

Wild Cohort is probably in the "okay, I guess..." bin.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8328
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
What if that wild cohort happens to be a rabid squirrel? Also darn, banning out undead leadership, no army of ghosts for me. Perchance what is your view on obtain familiar?

Last edited by MundayKnight; 06-09-2019 at 05:35 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundayKnight View Post
What if that wild cohort happens to be a rabid squirrel? Also darn, banning out undead leadership, no army of ghosts for me. Perchance what is your view on obtain familiar?
Obtain familiar is available.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2432
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: I am treating this as more of a mantle/job description/title/etc. than a name.Baelvanna Aera'Vonethar
Race: Wild Elf
Class: Elf Ranger @ levels 1 & 4Ranger (5)/Beastmaster (1)
Planned Progression: Ranger (10)/Beastmaster (10)
Appearance: Aera stands a little under five feet and has an almost boyish build. Except for some lighter and slightly pinkish scars, her skin is nearly the same shade of brown as rich farming soil. Her large, almond shaped eyes are a dark jade green. Thin brows match the fuzzy layer of jet black hair. A mostly straight nose and mouth that is a touch too large for her face balance out her looks. She dresses in sturdy clothing that can handle her life in the wild and is rarely seen without her companion or weaponry.
RP Sample: Aera'Vonethar and Laria wandered into the growing compound that was the Calling Horns. They were on their way to meet with Toskar about the latest Gnashtusk issue. Aera was going to offer to help hunt the beast down. Before they could actually make it into the inn, a group of children came running up to them. This wasn't exactly unusual when she visited. The children loved Laria and the cooshee seemed to enjoy the attention they gave her while under Aera's supervision.

"Miss Aera! Miss Aera! We were playing and Mikael hid too good. We can't find him," one of the girls, Rose, said. Her bright blue gaze darted between Aera and Laria. "Can you help?"

Suppressing a groan of annoyance, Aera glanced down at her companion as she sifted through her memories of the children here to see if she knew a Mikael. Her mind came up blank. He must be new which meant that he might be lost. She knew the faithful hound at her side could easily track the lad down but she had a task to apply for. Still, a few more minutes couldn't hurt. "Mikael new?"

"Yes." Another child, Keth if her memory served her right, answered this time.

"Fine. Get me something with his scent." Before she could say or do anything more, Rose grabbed her hand and began dragging her towards the stables. Laria followed close behind. "Why are you taking me to the stables?"

"Mikael works here. I think he sleeps with the horses." The little girl stopped in front of the stable master. "We can't find Mikael. Miss Aera and Laria are going to help us find him."

"Got anything with his scent on it? A shirt, pants, blanket or similar?" Aera rolled her eyes when she was told to check the loft. She was maybe five feet off the ground when the children squealed and started chattering at someone. The elven woman looked over her shoulder and saw young man who looked as if he might have orc in his lineage. She stiffened momentarily before jumping from the ladder and landing in a crouch. Straightening, she rested a hand on Laria's head. "Easy girl. Toskar hired him and the little ones seem to like him." Her words were meant to be as much a comfort to her as to Laria.

Despite her statement, she was tense as the lad approached. His tusks and almost monkey-like nose became more pronounced with each step closer. He offered a hand when he was a few feet from her. "Hi. Name's Mikael. Sorry they dragged you into our game."

"Baelvanna." She held off shaking Mikael's hand but gave him a polite, if curt, nod. "I hope you'll forgive my rudeness but I have someone I'm supposed to meet. Heel Laria." Together, cooshee and elf exited the stable. Aera's plans changed once more. If Toskar didn't want her assistance in hunting down Gnashtusk, again, she'd stay nearby for a week or two so she could make her own assessment of Mikael instead of returning to the depths of the High Forest.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 06-23-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:37 PM
when mom find poop sock

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Poopsock Paradox Poopsock Paradox
im very new and i dont know what any of this means but i still want to start playing an rpg

can i get some help starting in this campaign?

can i maybe get a character to start off with?

do i have to put my character's details here as well?

do i need to be a fighter to have the weapon finesse feat

~ Welcome to RPGX. Please avoid repeat rapid-fire posting on our forums. You can edit your posts, if you think of questions and comments you'd like to add. ~Wyn

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 06-10-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1677
Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain Oghain
Withdraw

Last edited by Oghain; 06-15-2019 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:37 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopsock Paradox View Post
im very new and i dont know what any of this means but i still want to start playing an rpg
First, welcome to RPGX! I didn't do so myself, so I feel a little hypocritical recommending it, but you may want to consider applying for a solo game to get you up to speed with forum play and help you learn the mechanics of your chosen system.

As for this game, I won't lie, if you aren't familiar with 3.5 at all and you're fairly new to roleplaying in general, trying to get together an application here might not be the most fun you can have at RPGX. Of the "modern" D&D systems (broadly: 3.5, PF, 5E), 3.5 is unquestionably the most complex and the least played at this point (I'd recommend 5E for most new players, I think). Plus, most of 3.5 comes from books that aren't part of the system license and so aren't freely available online. And the starting conditions for this game (nearly everything from several dozen books available, and starting quite a bit above level 1) would make it extra challenging to dive into for a new player.

On the other hand, some people live for the challenge! Regrettably, I don't really have time in the next couple weeks to offer a 3.5 tutorial, and there really is a lot to cover. The core rules are available in the System Reference Document, and forums like Giant in the Playground and myth-weavers still archive discussions of 3.5 mechanics and builds from when the system was more widely played.

Regardless of whether you attempt a deep dive into the aging 3.5 system or ease into gaming with the objectively more approachable 5E, I hope you're able to get involved in a game and have some fun here at RPGX.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:12 PM
when mom find poop sock

Tools
User Statistics
ty for your advice! i dont want to inconvenience yall so ill try my best to do work on my own time!
Old 06-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2036
Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien Mairien
Would we be using the pre- or the post-errata version of Healing Hymn?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairien View Post
Would we be using the pre- or the post-errata version of Healing Hymn?
In general, applicants should assume that all errata are in place. In this particular instance, though, the errata is rather exceedingly dumb. I could probably be convinced to ignore it.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:38 PM
when mom find poop sock

Tools
User Statistics
does the backstory have to be friendly to the setting or can i make up places? I want to have my character's backstory be a lawn gnome body guard for a witch some where in the forest who wants to be more than just a lawn gnome
Old 06-10-2019, 04:24 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopsock Paradox View Post
does the backstory have to be friendly to the setting or can i make up places? I want to have my character's backstory be a lawn gnome body guard for a witch some where in the forest who wants to be more than just a lawn gnome
The setting is a pretty important part of this game. Ideally, you'd be able to read more about the Forgotten Realms in Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Player's Guide to Faerūn, and The Grand History of the Realms. Unfortunately, none of those books are freely licensed, so they're not available online.

What is available online is the fairly decent Forgotten Realms Wiki. This game is set quite a bit earlier than the "current" year in the official story of the Realms, so not everything there is particularly applicable, but it's the best legally available source of setting information that I can think of.