Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 702
ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM ForeverDM
Odyssey of the Dragonlords

Game NameOdyssey of the Dragonlords
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeAn epic journey for a group of prophesized adventurers through the lands of Thylea.
FlavourHigh Fantasy, Greek Mythology Inspired, Epic Adventure

As of 5/30/2022: Closed.

Due to the popularity of applications for this game, I am going to have to expedite the closure of this advertisement. I am amazed at the response, as I thought they would trickle in more so than they have. Those of you who have applied, please continue on the process. I am still looking at the possibility of running a second group in the future, and will stay in touch regarding this, as well as the acceptance of the first group. Thank you for your time, consideration, and interest!

Mood Music for Your Reading
Welcome to the World of Thylea…

For many ages, Thylea was a wilderness of centaurs, satyrs, cyclopes, and other creatures who worshipped their native gods, the Titans. Mortals who came to Thylea lived in small, defenseless tribes—until the arrival of the Dragonlords.

The Dragonlords were an order of heroic, dragon-riding mortals who came to Thylea five centuries ago. They initiated the First War against the Titans and defeated their armies. Most of the Dragonlords and their dragons were killed during this conflict.

When all seemed lost, the mortals of Thylea were saved by the sudden appearance of the Five Gods, who walked the land in mortal guise. They forced the Titans into a temporary truce, called the Oath of Peace.

The Oath of Peace has prevented open warfare with the Titans for five hundred years. But now, the truce is ending. The power of the Five Gods wanes, and the Titans prepare to wage war upon mortals once again...

Ready for More?
Once you are finished reading what is here, and are ready to move on, I have made a few threads with more information, which are linked to the Table of Contents on this thread. Post an application here, then go to the link, and it will guide you to where you can place a character concept for me to look at!

M-F is pretty open. Weekend is sporadic.Come get to know me and ask a question!

I just began running a campaign! Check it out!

Last edited by ForeverDM; May 30th, 2022 at 02:54 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:26 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics

FAQs
Question Answer
This looks awesome! The admins don't like rolls in the advertisement though. Do you have a place I can roll for my character? Currently, rolls for new characters are on standby until people are contacted separately for full character creation and the details that are included in the process. For now, just the application questions on the main post need to be answered, and character concepts received!
Do you allow custom lineage? If a custom lineage matches the available playable races for Thylea, then by all means! A half-elf, half-gnome? Why not! It would use the rules presented in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything for character creation.
Do you allow custom origins? For custom origins, these can be discussed. The background you select at character creation is (for the most part), other than equipment and starting gold, overridden by the Epic Path you will choose for your character. More information on the Epic Paths will be put into an additional thread.
When can I get a character put together? Here is a series of threads I have set up so that character creation concepts can be underway! This is the second step to the application process, but rolls for stats will not happen until after a group has been selected.
I am a newer player, and don't know the system or mechanics fully. Is that okay? Of course! I am happy to help teach anyone who feels they need it! Just send me a DM, and we can figure out a good approach! Keep in mind, this campaign is not easy, but is rewarding and epic!

Current Applications
Username Received On Received Character Concept?
Delpinator May 23, 2022 Yes
Jrod May 23, 2022 Yes
Scavenger May 23, 2022 Yes
Onward May 23, 2022 Yes
Murphy2011 May 23, 2022 Yes
Crocodile May 24, 2022 Yes
Kymrel May 24, 2022 Yes
Anea May 24, 2022 Yes
Talissen70 May 25, 2022 Yes
PalladiaMors May 25, 2022 Yes
Peachfuzz221 May 26, 2022 Yes
Voodoozombie May 26, 2022 No
Drifter One May 27, 2022 Yes
ClamLord May 28, 2022 No
1Skell May 29, 2022 No
TheDarkStar May 30, 2022 No

Placeholder Applications
Username Posted On
MontageManiac May 30, 2022

Last edited by ForeverDM; May 30th, 2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3664
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
This looks awesome! The admins don't like rolls in the advertisement though. Do you have a place I call roll for my character?
Old May 23rd, 2022, 02:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
What interested you in applying for this game?
The advertisement is very catchy though I did at first assume dragonlance. Reading further though it is a cool concept of doing a Greek hero adventure. I've only done a quick preview though I look forward to more.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week? I could reasonably do three posts per week plus or minus one. I do have trouble keeping up with a game if I don't feel like it's going anywhere or posting decreases below once per week. I do try to keep up with the games I join though and have dm'd a few games on this site for six months and one for a full year.

If you have a character concept in mind, what is it?
Do not feel bad if you don’t have one yet, just let me know!
With rolls I like to see what the dice have in mind before rolling. Something like an achielies or Hercules could be fun though.
This campaign will use D&DBeyond for character sheets, and you will be added to a campaign with the other players using the site. Are you comfortable with D&DBeyond and using it for gameplay, character info, and keeping notes?
I've made multiple characters using the free character creator on DND beyond but that's the extent of my knowledge with the site.

Out of all the information above about the setting, what intrigues you the most?
While ive only had a quick glance it pulls you in and the Greek hero concept seems intriguing.
Do you have any writing samples or posts that you are proud of? Give a link and I will take a look!
I'm not a great writer but I enjoy playing. I have played in multiple games and dmd a few. Would you like to see one of these?

Zylfaelor a charismatic noble with 5int

Ceri a trouble making 14 year old noble

My last gm adventure

Last edited by delpinator; May 23rd, 2022 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:02 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpinator View Post
This looks awesome! The admins don't like rolls in the advertisement though. Do you have a place I call roll for my character?
The post will be adjusted shortly for this. I am not doing rolls as of yet for the applications, and instead that will be done as I go through the applications that are posted here, and then contacting people individually to get the rolls on another thread.

Thank you for the application, I will put it in the second post to start keeping a "registrar" of sorts.

Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application
The theme, mythology and genre is extremely pleasing.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week?
I only have interest in long term. Short term and one shots are not my bag O tricks. 2-3 times a week isn’t an issue if it’s jiving well

I mean, an aspiring dragon rider of course.

This campaign will use D&DBeyond for character sheets, and you will be added to a campaign with the other players using the site. Are you comfortable with D&DBeyond and using it for gameplay, character info, and keeping notes? I have not breached her doors but I’m Willing to give it a shot if accepted

Out of all the information above about the setting, what intrigues you the most? It’s not the typical dnd setting. The high fantasy flare. Being part of something bigger.

Do you have any writing samples or posts that you are proud of? Give a link and I will take a look!
I do. I will link them shortly

Last edited by Jrod; May 23rd, 2022 at 09:53 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:18 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
Placeholder

Do you allow custom lineage? I’m guessing not, but wanted to ask for clarity’s sake

Do you allow custom origin?
If a custom lineage matches the available playable races for Thylea, then by all means! A half-elf, half-gnome? Why not! It would use the rules presented in Tasha's Cauldron of Everything for character creation.

As for custom origins, these can be discussed. The background you select at character creation is (for the most part), other than equipment and starting gold, overridden by the Epic Path you will choose for your character. More information on the Epic Paths will be put into an additional thread.

Thank you for your interest!

Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:24 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by delpinator View Post
This campaign will use D&DBeyond for character sheets, and you will be added to a campaign with the other players using the site. Are you comfortable with D&DBeyond and using it for gameplay, character info, and keeping notes?
I've made multiple characters using the free character creator on DND beyond but that's the extent of my knowledge with the site.

I'm not a great writer but I enjoy playing. I have played in multiple games and dmd a few. Would you like to see one of these?
In terms of D&DBeyond, I have made the edit in the original post, stating that it will only be used for the organization of your character sheet and linking of it during sessions. It will not be used for rolls, other than referencing your sheet for the appropriate modifiers. Everything in game related will be done on RPGX.

It is okay that you don't have tremendous experience using their toolset, as I will be doing the majority of the work in setting up your subclass, if you choose one unique to this campaign.

As for some writing samples, I would love to see them!

Last edited by ForeverDM; May 23rd, 2022 at 04:24 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I have links to my writing samples up.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 04:58 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
Scavenger
What interested you in applying for this game?:

-I'm looking for a play by post game to really get stuck into. I like the fact that it's a long haul, from 1 to 17 or 20, and a couple of posts a week suits me fine. Then there's the setting which is fresh and epic. I enjoy that it's heavily influenced by Greek mythology but still feels like dungeons and dragons. Seems like a really cool mash-up.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week?:

-Absolutely. I have a steady job, kids and so am pretty set in my routines. A post or two a day shouldn't phase me. It's also the reason i'm looking at play by post since getting a group together is trickier than ever these days.

If you have a character concept in mind, what is it?:

- At the moment I'm eyeing Lutheria and wondering if I can't create a character connected with that somehow. I do think I want to go human, since I enjoy the mortal tangling with Gods aspect of Greek mythology.. but other than that I got nothing yet.

- No worries here.

Out of all the information above about the setting, what intrigues you the most?

- Two things I suppose: I feel like adult themes tastefully used to propel the story forward and create drama, can be really cool. Then there's the sheer Epic sense that I get when I read about the setting.

- Not yet but I will write up a sample or two here to test out different character ideas if that's alright?

Edit: (I'm adding character ideas and writing samples below

Last edited by Scavenger; May 24th, 2022 at 02:53 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 05:12 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
What interested you in applying for this game?:

-I'm looking for a play by post game to really get stuck into. I like the fact that it's a long haul, from 1 to 17 or 20, and a couple of posts a week suits me fine. Then there's the setting which is fresh and epic. I enjoy that it's heavily influenced by Greek mythology but still feels like dungeons and dragons. Seems like a really cool mash-up.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week?:

-Absolutely. I have a steady job, kids and so am pretty set in my routines. A post or two a day shouldn't phase me. It's also the reason i'm looking at play by post since getting a group together is trickier than ever these days.

If you have a character concept in mind, what is it?:

- At the moment I'm eyeing Lutheria and wondering if I can't create a character connected with that somehow. I do think I want to go human, since I enjoy the mortal tangling with Gods aspect of Greek mythology.. but other than that I got nothing yet.

- No worries here.

- Two things I suppose: I feel like adult themes tastefully used to propel the story forward and create drama, can be really cool. Then there's the sheer Epic sense that I get when I read about the setting.

- Not yet but I will write up a sample or two here to test out different character ideas if that's alright?
Thank you for your application and interest, Scavenger! I would love to see a couple of samples. This setting is very interesting, and the mash-up works really well!

On a side note for those of you reading this, I am going to be preparing some threads, which talk more about the setting, including images and other resources to give you inspiration for your characters, and ultimately for rolling stats and building the characters to be setting ready!

I just ask that you standby for a bit while I get it all set up, then the links will be put into the original post. In the meantime, please continue to put applications in and I will enjoy reading them!

Old May 23rd, 2022, 05:21 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Murphy2011 Murphy2011
Wow, so much detail.
I would love the chance to play a game like this.
Consider this as my placeholder, and I'll get straight into creating a character.

I loved Greek Mythology when I was in my early teens, I would sit with my dad and watch all the old movies, Clash of the Titans, Jason and the Argonauts, etc. It was with these movies that really drove home my interest in role-playing games.
I literally just set up an account for this site yesterday, so getting the chance to play a game that has the promise of going long term really colours my interest.

Do you feel like a commitment to a long play-by-post game is feasible for you? How many posts do you feel you could make in a week?

I currently work during the nights, in a job that really doesn't take up too much of my attention, so being able to type up a decent post or two per day shouldn't be a problem. Weekends and during the day is a different matter, being a father of 5, my time gets rapidly consumed.

I really fancy the idea of playing a Herculean Barbarian. Brawn over Brain, and pretty to boot (well entirely depending on rolls of course).
I want to build a heroes hero, who does the cheesy quotes and power stances, one who doesn't hesitate to put themselves in the line of danger to protect those that can't protect themselves.

I have a D&DB account, but have yet to put it to much use as of yet. However I'm more than willing to play with it.

I have this scenario in my head where my character would charge in towards creatures of ridiculous proportion. Extraordinary epic fights where the outcomes have drastic and over the top consequences.
Everything feels highly exaggerated like a bard reciting songs of impossible deeds.
I want a story that I'll remember, just like the movies I watched with my dad as a kid.

I have no samples as of yet, but I'll drop in a couple as soon as I can. I'll try for at least an action sequences, and a social encounter.

Last edited by Murphy2011; May 24th, 2022 at 02:46 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 05:23 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy2011 View Post
Wow, so much detail.
I would love the chance to play a game like this.
Consider this as my placeholder, and I'll get straight into creating a character.
Great! Glad that you're excited! Looking forward to your application, and in terms of creating a character, there will be links to more information and a thread to post your character concepts soon! Just have to fit writing it all into real life scheduling.

Old May 23rd, 2022, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2674
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Alright, consider this my placeholder, might take a while for me to get an app up with all this detail though.

App

I just love the Greek mythology vibe your setting has. I certainly want to play a game like this.

Yes, I absolutely would, and I think in a week's time, I could make about 5 posts. Depends on the situation but 5 is general how much I could post.

Do not feel bad if you don’t have one yet, just let me know!

I was thinking of playing the nymph, though I don't know much of the race, I have a concept in mind. She's a druid of sacrifice and has since made a vow to resign her chaotic and fey urges to be more attuned to nature and to continue being a Keeper of The Ways. She's also not from here, but from the very distant past when the Old Ways was simply called the Ways, it was at a time when the Titan's Wrath was about to begin and where the Keeper's where put in a desperate struggle to survive. In order to keep balance to the world, she, along with a small sect of the Keeper's, sacrificed themselves to bring balance. However, she was brought back at the same time as the dragons were resurrected, so she's stuck in a strange, new world filled with questions and wonder.

Yeah, that's fine with me, I have a Dndbeyond account where I have a few character's here and their for pbp

I'm more intrigued on what adventures you can come up with this setting. I'm sure expecting some great things from you.

Oh yeah, of course I do, here's some links that I like:

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...11#post9432211
Here's a farewell scene when I played as Mulan
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...09#post9432809
Here's that time my gardener character had to fight a blood demon with a magical baking paddle
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...59#post9431759
And here's that time where I had to juggle about three servant NPCs and my character at the same time.

Last edited by Onward; May 24th, 2022 at 02:23 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2022, 10:50 PM
Lost In Time

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onward View Post
Alright, consider this my placeholder, might take a while for me to get an app up with all this detail though.
I have added your name onto the application placeholder list.

Looking forward to seeing it!

Closed Thread