twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25298
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
I will heap all my skillpoints into Badassery since that's a skill for all occasions.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 63652
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Good call, Cedric.

I'll get the link to Roll20 up tonight. I have to get some work done for another game tonight, but I should be diligent regardless.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:35 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterpound View Post
I will be taking UMD as it fits with my guy and if built him with a positive charisma modifier, even though he is a witch. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a primary CHA caster with it too.

My specialization is going to be debuffing. I think the other witch is more of a buffer. I'm going to take ranks in intimidate as well, for a cheap -2 on mobs at low levels. Having all of our considerable arcane power specialized is a good idea, but we should have a little bit of redundancy. A lot of the skills are taking are not usual witch skills, so no arcana or spellcraft. Someone else will have to identify.

Sorry for typos, I'm on my phone.
Primary Cha caster but already discussed it with DM and not doing UMD, but can change if needed. We have a bard, if he doesn't take it then I will.

I will be going big on Know Arcana and Spellcraft. I get the Identify spell at level 3 (bloodline bonus) but as a sorcerer I am very reluctant to get it earlier, partly becuase it is really weird and rubbish for a sorcerer, and partly because I have discussed this with the DM and it is a bit sensible for Carlo's tastes. The Bard can take it, but he is restricted, the Wizard can too, with fewer consequences.

Good on you for making a witch with okay Cha. They strike me as a class which should have some force of personality.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
My witch, too, is heavy on the social skills.

Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:22 PM
of flesh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10494
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
I always thought it was strange that they weren't charisma casters. Never made sense.

You don't need Identify to identify magical items, just detect magic and a spellcraft check.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 07:42 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterpound View Post
I always thought it was strange that they weren't charisma casters. Never made sense.

You don't need Identify to identify magical items, just detect magic and a spellcraft check.
Ah, of course. Well yep, got Detect Magic, going to max Spellcraft, we are fine there.

Not only are witches from stories often charismatic (even the green ones with warts) but they use quite a lot of enchantments which are better from a high-cha caster.

On that subject, anyone planning on taking the spell Unnatural Lust? It still makes me laugh when I read the description.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ready for Battle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15243
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
What's are XP gain, Sass?

Also, in the brains department Olga is running 16, 15, 16.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
I'mma be chatting with my Witches about their CHA vs. INT spread.

And XP for each player is going to be dependent on what they've been up to since they met the good Professor. Fair? No, but in my book it's practical. If this is going to be a problem, let me know.

The link to Roll20 can be found here. Drop on by and chat with me, I'll be on for a while. After I do some work elsewhere on the site I'll start on the private threads. Reminder: be sure to turn off your mic and video as soon as you join; don't want anything embarrassing getting out to everyone else.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25298
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
I won't be putting any points into UMD, not fitting with his character. In fact he will probably be very spell-lite since his charisma ain't the hottest thing. Trying to juggle between some knowledge/Skulking/Diplo while being able to whistle a tune.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 10:52 PM
of flesh

Tools
User Statistics
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Haha, maybe the bard should be INT based?
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
My, changing all the rules, aren't we?
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 01:06 AM
of flesh

Tools
User Statistics
*whistles and looks around*
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45867
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Well, I wanted the big reveal to be in-game, but for planning purposes I may as well spill all the beans now: you should know that Mara is an If you hadn't guessed a divine class already. After all, Sass wouldn't let the party die so quickly--we need a divine caster to ensure everybody dies a suitably slow and lingering death.oracle. Yep, another character with good charisma. This should be a blast.
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 03:32 AM
of flesh

Tools
User Statistics
Hahaha, excellent! We can lie, convince, or threaten our way out of ANYTHING!
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
"You there, vampire! Stop sucking on that innocent bystander! And have you considered the redemptive power of Sarenrae? By the Dawnflower, yes! You, too, can be redeemed! Now walk with me into the sun, and feel the fires of goodness overcome you!"

And that's how the party won the AP.