Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 268
darkwulf23 darkwulf23 darkwulf23
Elred
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Quickly copying down the notes and snatching up the tome, I ran towards the library to find my mother.

"Elred, good timing, there is this nice elf girl I want you to meet and I arranged a...Elred, what's wong? Quickly telling her my situation I looked as my mother's face as a look of horror dawned on her face.

"I don't believe it. How could you risk your life like that Elred! Do you know what you're going to put your sister and me through!" I grabbed her hands to try to calm her down.

"Mom, I'm sorry, I know it was a stupid decision, but I'm going to fix it. I'll be all right."

Not quite calming down her face became like stone, though I could see the fear in her eyes. "So how long are you leaving then? And where will you be going?

I looked down, not quite meeting her eyes. "I'm don't know, but I need to leave soon."

Nodding slightly she reached into her pocket, pulling out a coin purse. "Take this then. It's all the coin I have on me at the moment.

"Mother, I can't, I got my own coin. She reached out towards my hand and placed the coin pouch in there. "I insist. You'll need this more than I will." Closing my hand around the pouch I felt my mother envelop me in fierce hug. "You be careful now. I expect you to come back to me."

I returned her hug, feeling reluctant to go. "I will mom. Tell Tethys what happened, and give her my love."

Before I let go, I told her one more thing. "I love you mom. And I am grateful to be your son every day." Those words sounded final, even to my ears.

She let go, tears starting to form in her eyes. "I love you too. Now go, you don't want to miss your ship."

I nodded and left, hesitating enough to hear her prayer. "Goddess Diarana, please watch over him. His life is too short as it is."

"I have taken the Oath"
Old 10-24-2016, 04:17 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OOCI edited your post for formatting; if you use the tags [IMGL] and [IMGR] it makes the pictures look like they are above which helps keep everything clean.

NarrativeLeaving your childhood home, you head down towards the small docks to find the ship that will carry you off to whatever lies beyond for you. It is no difficult task to find the appropriate ship; the large trading vessel is just about to leave. Rushing to show the captain your letter, he waves you on board just as the ropes are being let off. You go up to the deck, watching all you have ever known slowly fade onto the horizon...

Below deck, you find a simple cabin, barely larger than the bed it holds, that will be yours for the voyage. You clamber in, and sleep soundly.

You awaken the next morning to the cries of a gull overhead - more alarming, however, are the screams coming from the deck. The door to your cabin flings open, and a rough hand drags you from the bed. Only barely awake, you are powerless to resist as the figure pulls you up towards the deck.

You are roughly tossed onto the hard wood of the deck, and you struggle to adjust your eyes to the harsh sunlight. After a moment, you are able to take in the scene. The crew of the boat lies before you, some ten men, all bound by rope and seemingly unconscious. In front of them, the Captain has been forced to his knees, and his hands are bound. A large man - or perhaps not quite a man at all - stands next to him, and you see the cold glint of a sword pressed up against the Captain's neck. Standing in front of the Captain is a hulking man - though you've never seen one, you imagine this man to be the rare race known as a Half-Orc. His pale green skin seems wholly unnatural, though it pales in comparison to his hulking mass and strength.

"Surrender the cargo and you'll live!" the Half-Orc barks, his voice rough and lower than any you've heard. The Captain remains silent.

Apparently, you've been boarded by pirates.
"I have taken the Oath"
Old 10-24-2016, 04:18 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Elred
left-aligned image
Getting to my hands and knees I felt a bit of irritation at my fortune so far. 'Great, I just barely got started and I'm all ready getting into a fight.'

Looking around I try to assets the situation, figure out how many pirates there are, where they boarded from, and which ones are wounded.

"I have taken the Oath"
Old 10-24-2016, 04:30 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=63864
Elred Syldi (Neutral good)
Class: Sorcerer
Bloodline: Dragon/Cold
Background: Sage (Librarian)
Organization: The Silver Quill
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvian, Dragon, Undercommon, Primordial
Skills: Arcana, History, Deception, Persuasion, Performance, Nature
Stats: Str 8 Dex 12 Wis 10 Int 14 Cha 17, Con 15
Known spells:

History of the Isle and town of Kototi

Family history

Elred Syldi's background

People of intrest

"I have taken the Oath"

Last edited by darkwulf23; 10-24-2016 at 04:32 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

"I have taken the Oath"

Last edited by darkwulf23; 10-24-2016 at 01:37 PM.