... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I went to Galaxy's Edge first thing upon entering the park. I got pulled aside and interrogated by a First Order Trooper. We got fast passed into the ride immediately and my wife and daughter got to take the ride.

It was AMAZING. It felt really cool, and it was one you participated in so it was even cooler. Everything about it was Star Wars, like 150% immersion into it!

It was still pretty busy, some lines were an hour long!
Old 11-22-2019, 08:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12955
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Sounds great. My kids are all warping toward "too old for Disney World" -- but the last time down there they did really enjoy The Void's Secrets of the Empire Virtual Reality game at Disney Springs.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
There's no such thing as Too Old for Star Wars, though!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
There's no such thing as Too Old for Star Wars, though!
I'm living evidence of that!
Old 11-25-2019, 10:47 AM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9783
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I just want to chime in that I'm here and reading the posts. I don't think I have anything to add to the current scene, but should wait on Mendev's response/action.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11581
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
I should be posting soon. Just sat down. Going through updating games right meow.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:42 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
The skill and narrative must make sense. Going to the aforementioned high-class bar and using the Acrobatics skill to look for information on a street gang in the Spike isn't going to work. If you're not sure, ask.
You'd be surprised how much information gets loose in strip joints. :-D

JK. I like the idea of not having to spend-endless amount of posts just to gather some information so bravo for the mechanic in using different skill sets.

On a side note. For those skills and abilities which reduce the time for gathering information. i.e. Bounty Hunter's "Swift Hunter" or Envoy's "Well-Informed" How do you want us to handle those? This is not something we need an answer for now, as I currently have neither of those abilities. But just something to think about in the future. Might be a way for us to gather more information in the given time?
Old 11-26-2019, 12:54 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I've gotta side with Khalil here. Though you might have to be an Icon for it to work well...

T'aro's skillset isn't ideal for most of this, but if they help investigate Hardscrabble or Astral Extractions, maybe a Physcal Sciences or computers check could be worked in. Failing that, I'm not opposed to T'aro blinking her eyes real fast and screeching in an attempt to intimidate.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:28 PM

Tools
User Statistics
For Taro since he used to have a budget clinic perhaps he knows how to find out where injured gang members go for treatment.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
T'aro's skillset isn't ideal for most of this, but if they help investigate Hardscrabble or Astral Extractions, maybe a Physcal Sciences or computers check could be worked in.
Well this means with a high computers you have the Google-fu, right?
Old 11-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
That's my understanding! T'aro's not from Absalom, and hasn't been here before, so I wouldn't say they're *great* for finding a clinic-- but I like the idea and the flavor. Maybe they know the right questions to ask, etc.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11609
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
First off, I really, really like the approach to gathering information. Great job, ruffdove!

As for some more specifics... I guess short of talking her way to some info Grix could go any direction really.

Oh, also please be advised I have a big deadline coming up at work on the 17th. This may affect my posting schedule until then.

Last edited by Blackfyre; 11-27-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 01:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
That's my understanding! T'aro's not from Absalom, and hasn't been here before, so I wouldn't say they're *great* for finding a clinic-- but I like the idea and the flavor. Maybe they know the right questions to ask, etc.
Glad you guys like the skill check idea! As stated in the tips, a computers check goes beyond Google Fu -- it entails an actual cyber attack on the target, be it a corporation, law enforcement, even a gang. While on Absalom Station (or anywhere with access to an infosphere) you can Google Fu anything automatically... but more often than not the juiciest tidbits won't be available on line.

Great point on the Bounty Hunter skills for the future, Khalil. I'll give that some thought. For Swift Hunter, I'd likely give Mendev the chance to investigate three topics instead of two... if he were 6th level.

Unko: this may pose a bit of a challenge given T'aro's skillset and background... but I know you'll come up with something good.

Checking in from the road, btw. Take your time with this challenge.

Last edited by ruffdove; 11-28-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Just checking in. There's a lot to digest, and I'm at a heavy point in a couple of other games, so I may be a day or two. But I've not disappeared!
Old 12-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I'll get a post on tonight.