: +

Notices

Old Jul 22nd, 2020, 08:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
You really don't know who Snake is, but his gang/group destroyed your hideout and killed all your family and friends. So yeah, getting to Snake would be your priority. In the end, we will be telling a story about deep struggles, about losses and broken dreams, and how this group of people will deal with that, the end goal is not absolutely to kill Snake, but to see how it all will unfold.
Old Jul 22nd, 2020, 10:45 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 876
flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle flapdoodle
Interested very much, I like the homebrew setting. I'm trying to get back into PbP.
I'm getting a pirate-y vibe for my guy, definitely non human. Gnome? Goblin? This is my placeholder.
My post rate is gonna be pretty consistent as well.
Source: Volo's Guide
Complete

Application COMPLETE

Last edited by flapdoodle; Jul 23rd, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 12:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
flapdoodle

Last edited by Schwarz; Jul 23rd, 2020 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 03:36 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Name/Alias: Midnight
Image:
right-aligned image

Race: Kenku
Alignment: Chaotic Neautral
Class: Drunken Master Monk

Personality: Midnight is looking for revenge and wants it to get it from multiple people. Midnight is very possesive of his things having almost lost everything. He is as blunt as possible despite the fact that as a kenku he does not have a true voice when it comes to what is known as the elephant in the roo,. Midnight has a need to be drink almost all the time as this helps his combat and way of life. When he is not addressing something obvious He will speak in short sentences that will often be cryptic or abstract.

Backstory:
Being a Kenku living in Fort Last Hope was not easy. His earliest memory was that of his parents leaving him at the door of a monastery. One of the few if not the only one in the city. The Monks here welcomed him nonetheless and this is where Midnight learned the arts of the Monk. He was not called Midnight at first but was given the name as he was always found practicing at Midnight. Midnight become fond of one particular master. Master Dan, an open first master, wanted to learn the drunken arts but the monastery had considered the practice forbidden. He was found attempting to learn this new way anyways and was found out. A council of elders was convened which led to Master Dan being excommunicated. This didn’t sit well with Midnight.
Midnight left the monastery in the middle of the night mush the same way he arrived. His first goal was finding Master Dan. Well, a Master who wanted to learn the Drunken Master technique needed to be drunk. At least that was Midnights train of thought on the matter. Midnight found Dan inside a tavern called The Crystal Cave. Midnight had heard the same rumor as anyone who frequented this establishment. The original owners apparently funded the tavern from rare and sought-after crystals they had found somewhere on the Island. They were murdered no longer after the tavern was completed and thus the location of the cave is said to be lost to anyone. Rumors are that people have gone looking for this cave to never have come back. In fact, Midnights friend Quincy, a halfling, left the monastery a few years ago looking for the cave and he was never seen again.
Dan was surprised to see Midnight. He was angry at first but then understood that they both wanted to master the drunken technique together. Together, over the next few years, they were able to understand and grasp the eloquence of the way. They learned to make their own drink which they had named Death’s Embrace and this led to an even better understanding of the art. Their brew was so good that they would even sell it on the side. One-night Midnight woke up to a strange noise in the little house he shared with Dan. He walked into the next room to find Dan bleeding out a sword stuck in his chest. Dan didn’t have long but he spent his last breath telling Midnight two things. Their recipe was stolen and this is why he was killed. The other, his murderer was a dwarf with a glass eye and a limp. Dan uttered with his dying breath “He name was Azer….” Dan was not able to get the entire name out before his heart gave out.
Midnight didn’t have time to mourn as the sound of growing flames filled his ears. He turned to see that his house had been lit on fire. Midnight knew it was likely the murderer. He ran outside but saw no one close by. The killer had gotten away. Midnight ran inside and quickly grabbed what he could of his possessions and managed to just step out before the flames had entirely engulfed the house. Midnight could only watch as his house and his friend had burned to ash. He was not able to return back to the monastery so that was not an option.
One day, Midnight heard someone describe a drink they had to their friend in a local inn. The way the drink looked and tasted was described exactly as the drink him and Dan had created. The guy didn’t know where it came from. He said it was a gift. Midnight learned two things that day. This dwarf was making Death’s Embrace and that if Midnight was going to catch a murderer he needed to act like a murderer. Midnight reluctantly turned to the criminal underworld in hopes that one day he will run into this dwarf and now that he has mastered the drunken technique, give the dwarf the death that Dan didn’t deserve. This led Midnight to staying in the hideout known as Smoke and Fire.

Background Selection:
* Personality Traits: I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.I bluntly say what other people are hinting at or hiding

* Ideal: Change. The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things. (Chaotic)

* Bond: I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.

* Flaw: People who can’t take care of themselves get what they deserve.

Why are you interested in this game? I think this game sounds very interesting. I am hoping to play a game like this as a way to get better at doing pbp as far as describing my actions as well as what I am doing in the moment. Also, Snake needs to die and what batter was than from a bird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200723_013200.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	86082  
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 10:08 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Feedback would be awesome if you get a chance.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 12:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Impaleddearan, welcome

So, I was just wondering, what he lost when the hideout was destroyed? Did he have anyone that was important to him? Why he even bothers to go against Snake? Why he just doesn't go somewhere else, seeking his own vengeance alone? Those are some of the things I would like to work with in this game, losses, deep struggles, and how they will deal with the desire for vengeance against someone they don't even know.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 02:04 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
Maybe he lost his trail to the dwarf. Snake burned it down and this he would want to hunt down Snake for destroying his progress. He is already seeking vengeance against someone he doesn't know so what's another one. He is good at heart and perhaps thinks Snake deserves to be destroyed for doing to others what happened to his mentor Dan.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 10:05 PM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Again, we haven't established whether Snake is male or female... but what if Snake "stole" Auguste's daughter. He's a father who doesn't much care for his son in law and hasn't seen his daughter since they eloped?

Okay. I made this suggestion for backstory and it was rejected quickly. That's fine, it was just an idea.

Still, the character lost something valuable and we'll have to figure out what it was later.

Last edited by TADHG; Jul 23rd, 2020 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 12:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey TADHG, in my opinion, having a sort of double-agent would be nice, but I really don't want secrets between the party. I think everyone can RP that secret if you want to keep it, and will be very interesting story wise.

Snake would not capture someone, he would just straight kill anyone crossing his path. Also, no one really knows Snake, everything surrounding him is a mystery.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 12:34 AM
Descent Gaming Bradenton

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Okay somehow my other post disappeared.

To be completely and totally honest I wasn't even sure where I was going with it just throwing ideas up. I would think such a thing would have to be by nature secretive, and our DM didn't want that. Full disclosure, and no hard feelings�� It was possible he had some connection to the law, something I somehow didn't copy over when I fixed my application. Auguste was going to be an aide to the high counselor prior to adventuring. That's where many of his skills would have really shined, in diplomacy and what not. The doubleagent concept could have been with the government or with Snake. But I'm dropping the angle. Didn't have a lot of thought into it. Just like his daughter marrying Snake being the valuable thing he lost. Passing thought with no development. It's better to play it straight.

Last edited by TADHG; Jul 24th, 2020 at 02:46 AM.
Old Aug 16th, 2020, 05:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey everyone, so it`s been a few days since the end of the applications time, and unfortunately I'll not be holding another group for this setting. I could not find the inspiration and creativity needed to fit all the apps together and go with the story I had in mind. Maybe in the future, but that will depend on how my brain will work that out, I'm sorry guys and hope to see you around

Last edited by Schwarz; Aug 16th, 2020 at 05:56 PM.