Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 12:37 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21748
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
The Founding

If interested please go to the first post of the third round of recruitment found here.

We are not curently accepting new applications at this time. Thank you for your interest in Wodine Gaming.

Last edited by wodine; 07-24-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:37 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
FAQFor a full breakdown of the The Empire, see this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakex View Post
Is the cosmology typical or do you have something special in mind? Like are the planes basically the same as depicted in Pathfinder materials like planar adventures? (Nine Hells, Maelstorm, The first world, etc...)
It is a 'Great Wheel' based cosmology.

However it should be noted that the axes are inverted as the gods tend to hang out based on Lawful vs Chaotic terms as opposed to Good vs Evil.

It should also be noted that the Outer Planes are rarely visited (save the Astral) as it is considered a pointless academic affair and there are wars to be won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
Question: Do each of the gods have a certain animal, or group of animals, associated with them?
See the full list of gods here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyre2387 View Post
  • When you say "reactions to some of the other passengers", are you looking for specific reactions to other PCs that applied and/or the NPCs you created or just general impressions about the passengers?
  • Would it be okay to work a background NPC into the colony? Say, for example, a family member among the body of colonists.
Well, I had originally just meant other PCs (sort of a means to see who would mesh well, etc...) but you could totally have reactions to the npcs I provided. After all you've been trapped on a boat with them for most of six weeks.

As long as they have a reason to be there, remember these weren't so much volunteers and voluntary conscripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
How is necromancy perceived in the empire?
Would you like the gibbet, flaying, or good old fashioned burning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
Making use of the kingdom building rules or something less structured? Everyone should studiously ignore the leadership feat?
Absolutely not, it's a friggin' mess.

You all won't be directly involved in day to day colony management. That's the governor's job. You're more of an elite strike team.

"We need this," or "whoa bandits!" or "what the !@#$ was that glowing orb in the sky."

That said, you will be able to guide the colonies development - or completely neglect it.

Applications
PlayerCharacter NameRaceClassIntended Role Complete
Drakex Jaman the Fool Half Elf Oracle Controller Needs NPCs
GunnyWar Roq Human Unchained Monk Ass Kicker Needs Passengers
Seekr34 Hawke Amill Half Elf Ranger Scout Done
Invictus Sir Bryan deBois-Guilbert Human Cavalier Face -
davide15 Brynwulf 'Bryn' Battlehammer Dwarf Wizard Spellcaster -
Vaerdies Dana Amound Human Kineticist Utility/Blaster -
Rylus Theodour Stempson Human Magus Striker Done
TheCatGodd3ss Eira Nightingale Human Ranger Scout -
Dirkoth - - - - Withdrawn
Crocodile Jurgen Bauer Human Paladin Frontliner -
JReid Fiothra Elf Druid Scout -
Jasontheswift - Human Paladin Tank -
Fyre2387 Winrich Eichenhardt Halfling Cavalier Front Lines -
AximusLokar Cina O'Shami Halfling Magus Striker Done
Squeak Corrivander Bookbinder Halfling Bard Monkey of Skills Done
suburbanplankton Merrick Blackwood Human Fighter Protector Done
Imveros Theomar Lassic Human Fighter Grey Warden Done
SSlotts Grathfire Honigwein Dwarf Unchained Monk Damage -
DukeofTuring Cameron Palaeologus Human Sorcerer Blaster/Utility -
taleteller50 Reginald Human Unchained Rogue Rogue Things Passengers?
Cristal08Darkmoon Nevi Sileny Half Elf Witch/Hunter Heals/Support -
dalarangreen Catrin Gantzlan Human Skald Trader Done
Sarsprilla Senieth Ros’linor Elf Eldritch Font Support/CC Done

Last edited by wodine; 10-01-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25990
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Amazing!!!!
Old 09-16-2018, 01:03 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Drakex Drakex Drakex Drakex
Is the cosmology typical or do you have something special in mind? Like are the planes basically the same as depicted in Pathfinder materials like planar adventures? (Nine Hells, Maelstorm, The first world, etc...)
Old 09-16-2018, 01:38 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakex View Post
It is a 'Great Wheel' based cosmology.

However it should be noted that the axes are inverted as the gods tend to hang out based on Lawful vs Chaotic terms as opposed to Good vs Evil.

It should also be noted that the Outer Planes are rarely visited (save the Astral) as it is considered a pointless academic affair and there are wars to be won.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:21 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Drakex Drakex Drakex Drakex
Name: Jaman the Fool
Race: Half-Elf
Origin: The Sundered Isles
Class: Oracle
Mystery: Whimsy
Curse: Song-Bound
Intended role: Controller
Physical description:
Personality:
Background: Jaman's father was a shaman in charge of the death ceremonies and funerary rituals, some kind of an undertaker. He was raised with two sisters. One of his sisters got in trouble with a visiting noble. Jaman was sent as a peace offering to the Noble. While working as a servant of the Noble in the heart of the empire, Märklend. One day during a masquerade ball, while he was attempting to entertain guest with comedy, he took his insults a little too far. This cursed day, was also the time, his abilities manifested. The noble didn't like the mockery and kicked him out. That's when his life as an adventurer and entertainer, begun.

He made the best out of the worst situation, using his singing voice with his newfound divine powers, to face monsters of all kinds and those who were seeking another mean to make some money.

Jaman was good at it. He had divine powers to keep his allies healthy, and a few tricks up his sleeves that most people didn't expect. The mercenary nature of his work combined with his entertaining performances. He made some coins rather easily, putting on an act to look exotic and strange to the marklenders.

His latest adventure involved him and his troupe, fighting a young adult Black Dragon, terrorizing the country side. Collecting his reward from the baron, a pompous noble, wanted him to stay and work as the private guard of the small town. Jaman as usual couldn't help but mock the Baron in his own home with many important men and women watching. What he didn't know, that the Baron had some friends in high places.

It didn't take long for Jaman to receive the letter of conscription.

Roleplay sample: Jaman stops in small town to enjoy a nice warm meal with his companions of fortune. They had slain a black dragon, a great achievement and certainly time to celebrate that night. The inn was lovely in its bucolic glory. He puts on a show with his song/comedic routine.
"Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Chavar made me pretty.
What happened to you!"

With a hoyden at his arm, and ale for the whole tavern, it was a great time. The next day, there was a gryphon waiting for him. It was the beginning of something that he didn't expect. The noble from the previous town, didn't take his jokes too well and used his connections to have Jaman enlisted.

Passengers: It seems like the captain has a good head on his shoulders but Jaman often never believes too much in first impression. The Folwin twins are entertainers just like him, so they can enjoy some of his more unusual comedic routines and style, being elven is a bonus to him.

-Gogrin Heavyfist, a human barbarian with the strong belief that "Talk is cheap", while Gogrin is a gruff man, who always speak his mind. He drinks a little too much and can't help but spending all his coins on women. While Jaman and him often had their differences, they both trusted each other lives in any dangerous situations.

-Frug, a gnome appears to be so out of place, he met him on the voyage. Frug is an inventor, whom failed to deliver on creating a music box for a noble. It didn't take long for Frug to be enlisted on the voyage, an all too familiar story. Without anything to tinker with, he is always fairly nervous and looking to create something.

Last edited by Drakex; 09-17-2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2732
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
looks cool, the 20 point buy is the only negative.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29982
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
This looks like everything I've ever wanted! I love resource management/town building games and I'm not afraid to cut my own path to explore the new frontier.

After reading your ad, it seems like tenuous peace, three kingdoms, and buffer areas make the perfect playground for mercs and other deniable assets. I've got an idea for an ex mercenary captain looking to start over again after losing his forces to the war of Monotheist aggression.

I'm thinking plain old human fighter. Keeping things simple has always worked well for me in the past!

I'll let this bake a little more, write it up, edit it, and have it to you by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
looks cool, the 20 point buy is the only negative.
Hey, look on the bright side, it could have been 15. Then we'd have to make some really hard choices!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 09-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4870
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Question: Do each of the gods have a certain animal, or group of animals, associated with them?
Old 09-16-2018, 05:56 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
See the full list of gods here.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:09 PM
Retired Marine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
ApplicationName: Roq (roc)

Race: Human

Origin: Stromlande Countryside

Class: Unchained Monk

Intended role: Ass kicker

Physical description: Roq is a short stout man often mistaken as an under weight dwarf. He has a bald head and long gray goatee. His blue eyes are both calming and inviting.

Personality: Roq is a relatively kind man with somber undertones. He is also haunted by the time he spent as a soldier in the war

Background: Roq's childhood was simple and rustic. Growing up the son of farmers on the stromlande countryside. He was enticed by delusions of grandeur thinking he would go on to a life of excitement and danger as an imperial soldier. Roq was a decorated soldier finding himself good at the business of war. After his time in the war he swore never to take up arms again and devoted himself to the study and discipline of a monk hoping to overcome his waking nightmares and the loss of his humanity at tides of war. Here he found his second calling proving himself very adept at the calling of martial artist.

Roleplay sample: Due to his battlefield decorations and his renowned prowess as a martial artist, Roq found himself on more than one occasion being invited to the court to perform for the nobility or to give classes on hand to hand combat to the young lords. Roq suspects he was conscripted because he was caught in a romantic involvement with one of the lesser noble's wives. Hence he is being sent away to avoid further scandal.

Passengers: Many of the passengers seem quite scared of an impending doom that they predict is coming for them, due to the fact that most of the passengers where conscripts due to a lack of volunteers. The volunteers on the other hand are excited and expectant of land and great riches to be had in the new world.

There are lots of personalities from some of the conscripts. There is a handful of conscripts that are similar to me. Some kind of specialized training and skill sets. They seem to maintain a positive mental attitude or if not a high opinion of themselves and their skills. We will be working together and so far I don't have anything bad to say about any of them. To be honest I don't really know any of them. I will have to spend more time getting to know them once we get off this ship.

The governor hmmmm the governor, he seems like a special type of person. He treats the people on the ship like livestock; a means to an end. He seems to not want to be close to anyone but would rather keep everyone at a distance. In my opinion its because he thinks he is so far beyond the common rabble. I guess he is the one calling the shots though so he will have to do.

Corrivander, the librarian of sorts, is probably the smartest man... well halfling, on the ship. You can see it in his eyes the way he seems to see right through people. I haven't spent much time talking with him, but I notice him he might be easy for some to miss being as small as he is. I have watched him as I have watched alot of the folks on the ship and he definitely was picked for his mind, there are plenty of strong arms and magicians aboard the ship but this one... this one's brain more than makes up for his size.

Merrick is a man that in some ways I am jealous of. Had a few things been different I might have been him, a life long soldier. You can just tell by the way he carries himself that he is proud and sure of himself. I would think he is a strong arm of what will be the law in this world to come. I am sure that the leadership of this long time veteran will help to guide this new settlement.

Cina is an interesting lil lady, she has prowess and grace and I can tell she is disciplined. We have had a few drinks together and she is a very capable sailor, even though that isn't what she is here for. She has a very honorable dedication to her clan and their ways. She has seen alot of the world and experienced much. I hope to learn more about her as we find our way in this new world.

Please Describe at least two (2) NPCs
Qua is a ravishing beauty married to whats his name, the fat simpleton. She has short dark red hair and slightly turned up nose like a fairy. She is gracious, kind and wise beyond her years. Roq met her at one of the exhibitions and fell for her at first sight. and wow could she kiss. That one kiss is worth the lifetime Roq will spend in the new world..... maybe.

J'miah is a woodsmen and carpenter who volunteered for the trip to the new world with his new wife Kellie they are a simple couple with big dreams. They owned nothing in stromlande and hope to find fortune in the new world. J'miah is a short and round Dwarf with full beard and long hair. He is pleasant and full of joy excited about his opportunities in the new world. Its almost like he doesn't even know that the last settlement was lost. Roq has spent countless hours with the young couple, laughing about the past and dreaming about the future.

Last edited by GunnyWar; 10-01-2018 at 03:08 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 09-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Retired Marine

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 280
GunnyWar GunnyWar GunnyWar
A lil about myself. I am a retired marine so I have lots of time for role playing and such. However I am completely new to pbp rpgs. That being said what should be my expectation for posting frequency from myself and from the other players/gm I dont want to hog all the light just because I am always at home and free?
Old 09-16-2018, 08:19 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyWar View Post
A lil about myself. I am a retired marine so I have lots of time for role playing and such. However I am completely new to pbp rpgs. That being said what should be my expectation for posting frequency from myself and from the other players/gm I dont want to hog all the light just because I am always at home and free?
I usually do 1-2 DM posts a week, since more than that and people tend to fall behind. Since you're new here I recommend taking a look here to help ease yourself in.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2956
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
question: would a Human (heart of the fields alternate) nature-bonded Magus be acceptable?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylus View Post
question: would a Human (heart of the fields alternate) nature-bonded Magus be acceptable?
I don't know if you could have the heart of the fields and be a Magus - practicing sorcery and swordplay all day makes for a poor farmer, but it doesn't break any rules.