Race:
Human
Origin:
The Sudetenland
Class:
Nature-Bonded/BoundbladeMagus
Intended role:
Striker/Buffer/Debuffer
Traits: You gain a +2 trait bonus on initiative checks.Reactionary/You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (geography) and Knowledge (nature) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.Devotee of the Green

Physical description: Picture the most average person in the world then add about 10% more average and you have Theo. Average weight of a hundred and twenty pounds, average height of five foot nine. Sandy brown hair and muted blue eyes. His skin is farmer tanned and holds no remarkable scars or identifiable marks. Most people have a hard time remembering him if they are not close friends or family, in fact the most identifiable thing about Theo is just how unremarkable he is. He wears a plain white shirt with ripped off sleeves and brown breeches that are slightly to large and are held up by a ratty looking belt.

Theo does carry something that most find very hard to forget though, a battleaxe that is made of some strange black metal that seems to drink in light with several jagged points off the blade. The handle is made of a white yew wood that has veins of the strange black metal wrapping around it. When expecting trouble he wears a set of Kikko armor that looks like slightly more bulky cloth with wheat embroidered on the chest.

Personality: Theo has a problem with just how average he looks and is determined to change how he looks in the minds of those who see him. He wants to be remembered for something Heroic, something more than just working the fields his entire life. He remembers every slight against him but usually doesn't hold it against the person believing that people will rise to good if given a chance. His good friends and close family he would give his life to protect, those he considers a good person he will defend and stand shoulder to shoulder in a fight. Being a typical farmer he is very stubborn and knows that given enough time and care anything can grow under any conditions.

Background: Theo was born on one of the large wheat farms in The Sudetenlands, on a crisp cold night during winter to a farmer and a seamstress. His early years were spent watching his father work the land and playing with the few kids that lived close by. As soon as he was old enough he was put to work in the fields and was expected to be a simple farmer just like his father and his father before him. Theo was beginning to accept this life by the time he was thirteen but that's when the incident happened and changed his life and view of the world and the role he could play in it.

One night Theo found a man passed out from blood loss in the barn, calling his father and mother they brought the man inside and tended to his wounds. When the man awoke he explained that he was a merchant who had been attacked by wolves, not a common thing but it happens every now and then so Theo's father allowed the man to stay in the barn until he recovered. A week after that Theo saw the man behind the barn with a sword in hand going through drills and they all ended with some form of magic blasting out from the weapon. Theo was memorized by the display and watched fixated for over an hour before the man noticed him. Duke, as was the mans name, called Theo over and asked if he wanted to try and Theo eagerly said yes and took hold of the weapon. He began swinging it with a wild abandon until he sank the blade deep into a near by fence post. As he tugged to free the weapon he heard an angry yell and without turning around he knew it was his father. Theo gave the weapon back to Duke and then stood there being scolded, not for wielding the weapon but for slacking off from work. Duke agreed with Theos father but with a wink only Theo could see he proposed the idea of training Theo in swordsmanship just in case any animals or bandits attacked the farm. At first Theo's father rebuked the idea but as Duke explained that Theo would continue to work the fields during the day and then have an hour of so training before bed he came around and gave his ok.

Theo fell into a rhythm over the next six years, work till the sun started to set then train with a weapon and magic. Normally someone would exhaust themselves very quickly doing this but Theo had a constitution of iron and was able to make it work. It was also during this time that Theo had a dream about an axe inside a near by tree, he didnt think much of it at first but after having the same dream for a week he told Duke and Duke said well why don't you go see if your dream is true. Theo wondered how an axe could possibly be inside a tree but he trusted Duke and took the night off of training to cut the tree down. Sure enough as soon as the tree was felled Theo found an axe made of some black metal inside and it just felt right to hold. He stopped training with other weapons after that and focused on training with the axe. Another two years went by and now Theo could beat Duke nine times out of ten in sparring and that's when Duke announced Theo's training was complete that he had learned all he could from him. With tear filled eyes he bid his teacher fair-well the next day and vowed to keep training on his own and to one day make something of himself.

The next year saw a lull for Theo, continuing his training but not advancing and working the fields as he always had. During this time he thought about how to advance himself but kept running into dead ends until someone asked if he could magic the fields and an idea came to him. He spent the next few months using his art to help the farms, finding that his magic was well suited to helping the earth yield more and keeping vermin away. Everyone noticed the changes but very few could tell you why they were happening or who was making them happen which only set Theo more on his course to improve. The letter came late one afternoon...it looked like he was going to get his chance.

Roleplay sample:
It was getting late, the sun was starting to set and Theo had just come in from the fields when a man on horseback stopped him. "Good evening sir, would you know where i could find Theodour Stempson? I have a letter for him." Theo brushed off some of the dirt caking his pants and looked up at the man "I'm Theodour Stempson, but im not expecting a letter from anyone." the man on the horse eyes Theo for a moment "He did mention that you were unremarkable looking." Theo bristled at that "Now look here mister." he started to say before the man held out a letter with a seal Theo had only seen a few times "You have been Conscripted young man, be grateful." as soon as Theo's fingers grasped the letter the man on the horse snorted "Now i can be out of this damn place." he kicked the horse and was gone in a cloud of dust. Conscripted?! the word echoed in his mind as his fingers trembled while opening the letter. He read it three times before it sank in and he turned white, just in time for his father to walk up next to him. "What ye got there son?" he said holding out his hand "And whats got ye spooked? yer white as a ghost." Theo handed his father the letter to read as the words barely escaped his mouth as a whisper "I've been conscripted. There sending me to help start a colony and if i don't they will take our land." then the fear gripped him and balled into a tight knot within his stomach as he turned to look at his father "I don't want to leave you and ma." his father's brow furrowed as he finished reading the letter and he looked at his son "Ye don't have much of a choice son, but don't ye worry. With your new abilities you'll be fine and home before ye know it." then anger took hold of Theo who was this Emperor to demand he leave his home and threaten him with losing his families land....the land they have owned and worked for generations. but as he saw the mist welling up in his fathers eyes and heard his fathers words "I'm gonna miss you boy, be safe." they embraced and tears began to fall down his face.

Passengers:

Please Describe at least two (2) NPCs:
Duke Nabbe: Theo's teacher in the art of being a Magus and for a long time his closest friend. Duke is a middle aged man with salt and pepper hair that hangs down shoulder length and is often tied back into a lose ponytail. His skills with a blade are not the best but good enough to teach someone new to the art and to defend himself when needed. Duke doesn't like to fight needless battles and has no real home, preferring to wander the world teaching those he can. Also the one who put Theo's name in for consideration for the colony.

Stennos Perring: This thin slimy little man conned Theo out of several meals the first few days on the ship. A weasel of a man who only truly serves his own interests and does not care who he has to step on to improve his own standings. After Theo realized what kind of man he was it instantly put him at odds with him and Theo has spent considerable amounts of time on the ship trying to make sure that no one else got conned by this greasy little man.

Last edited by Rylus; Sep 26th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss TheCatGodd3ss
Very interested~ Going to go for a bladebound magus.

Chosen of the North

Eira Nightingale
Race: Human
Origin: The Orthodox State
Class: Elementalist Shifter/Guide (Ranger)
Intended role: Scout, High damage
Alignment: Lawful Neutral otherwiseLawful Evil

Physical description
A slim figure is a good way to think of Eira's build, not much muscle covers her body. Her slim build is accented by her long limbs, giving her a slightly elegant look. However the tatoos she wears with pride will lower most people's view of her. It does not help she does not carry herself with pride. Her blue eyes showing a hint of darkness within them as they seem to stare off into the distance.

The light skinned girl tends to hide her body with her armor, and covering clothing. However, there was one thing she never hid, a symbol depicting Kenai, alongside a long bladed weapon that seemed to tremble with power. The most notable thing about Eira, however, would have to be her laugh. She does not have the prettiest of voices, and her laugh is loud and will make anyone shiver.

Personality

Eira has a dark personality, smiling when others would be frowning, and laughing when things go her way. Eira has no issues doing what needs to be done, even if some people might wince at the idea. Most of the time when she talks Eira is very shallow and to the point, unless she is trying to get her way, of course. Despite her cold demeanor, she does follow the rules, she is used to, however, having some freedom from the law from her previous life before being conscripted.

Background

Roleplay sample
The arrow flies though the air, as Eira watched it go slightly higher then she meant it, catching the man running away from her behind the knee. "This is why I don't use bows..." The girl grumbles as she stands from her hiding spot in a tree, stretching a bit.

"Someone ratted you out, funny, for a cousin of the king to be loved so little. " She smirked, making her way to the downed man, who is screaming in pain. She bends down, taking the arrow, and in one hard pull, pulls the arrow out of the man, throwing it to the ground.

Binding the man's hands, she helps him up, and makes her way back to the city. "You are a lucky one.... Demanded you were kept alive... Not as fun that way." She does not go slow, why should a man who broke the law be given any quarter? He most definitely not find any with her.

Passengers

NPCs
Significant
Sophia Nightingale
Eira's mother, last seen in the Nightingale estate in the mountains.
A beautiful woman, head of the Nightingale home, and the overseer of the family's mine. There was an attempted murder on her life by her husband, but he was killed by Eira as she thought she was fighting off a dream.

Voyage
Jimmy Newton
A smartypants, at least in Eira's eyes, he had a lot of books and potions, maybe he was an alchemist? A voyage like this would need many people like him. Eira kept close tabs on this one, as she knows his services will be invaluable. That is, of course, assuming he knows what he is doing.

Last edited by TheCatGodd3ss; Oct 4th, 2018 at 01:12 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 01:28 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68054
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Marking a spot with interest.

at least, I hope that's interest I am using to mark...

Name:
Race: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, Half-Elf
Origin:
Class:
Intended role:
Physical description:
Personality:
Background:
Roleplay sample: Why were you selected for this honor to serve the crown?
Passengers: What are your initial reactions to some of the other passengers?
Please Describe at least two (2) NPCs. One of personal signifance, somewhere in the world and one you've met on the voyage.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 01:31 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23388
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Hi Dirk! You're not tired of me yet?
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5280
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
Application

Jurgen
right-aligned image

Name: Jurgen Bauer

Origin: Zwerge, Greifland

Class: Paladin (Chosen One Archetype)

Intended Role: Frontline Combatant/Secondary Support/Artistic Chronicler/Pretty Face

Physical description:

Personality:

Background:

Familiar
right-aligned image

Name: Hervor

Race: Badger

Sent by: Reyrgor

Motto: FORWARD CEASELESSLY!

Intended Role: Divine emissary/Life coach

Personality:

RP Sample

Passenger Reactions

Roq: Seems to be a decent sort, which is good considering the fact that we're all going to be spending quite a bit of time together in this blasted backwater. His style of fighting is quite interesting though, may make for a good art subject if he's willing to demonstrate some forms.

Theodour Stempson: That axe of his would never be my first choice of weapon to carry into battle, but what it lacks in grace I'm certain it more than makes up for in damaging potential. Appears reliable, though he should really do something with his hair or his wardrobe to make himself stand out more. Maybe I could help with that, as I do know a thing or two about standing out.

Eira Nightingale: Her sense of humor is a bit off-kilter, and she worships those strange gods from the north. I must admit, she does make me wary. Hopefully I don't get on her bad side over the course of this trip. Her tattoos are quite pretty though. I wonder wonder if they have any meaning to them...? I should copy them down in my sketchpad for later.

Winrich Eichenhardt: A real go getter, that one. I'm sure he's decent, but I don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on the intrinsic value of hard work. More power to him though, I'm certain he can pick up my slack while I go find something else to do with my time. Hervor seems to like him, and she now pesters me to look to this halfling as a proper role model. Terrific. Maybe if I'm lucky that hound of his will mistake Hervor for food and I can get a few moments of peace while it chases her around.

Cina O'Shami: Oh, I just have to ask her how she takes care of that stupendous hair of hers! Its a shame she hides it away most of the time, such a beautiful sight should be flaunted out in the open for all to see, like my own wonderful locks. She also seems to have something to do with those strange, Northerner gods like the dwarven woman, Gherla. I really should ask Hervor what Reyrgor's stance on the old religion is, because for the life of me I never paid enough attention at the temple to pick up on that. Still, she has a fire in her that seems to drive her forward, something I am certain will come in handy when we reach the New World.

NPCs

Last edited by Crocodile; Oct 4th, 2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 02:23 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
WIP

App
right-aligned image

Name: Fiothra
Race: Elf
Origin: Wilds of Greifland
Class: Druid (moon)
Intended role: Scout, Jack of all Trades, Tanky Wall of Fur and Claws.

Physical description:
Personality:
Background: Folk Hero

Please Describe at least two (2) NPCs. One of personal signifance, somewhere in the world and one you've met on the voyage.

Last edited by JReid; Sep 19th, 2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2349
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
WIPName:
Origin: The Northern Orthodoxy
Alignment: Lawful Good
Class: Paladin
Diety: Nynoeri
Intended role: Tank and minor healing
Physical description:

Personality:

Background

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Sep 18th, 2018 at 02:34 AM.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 02:37 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Awful lot of Magi floating around.

Keep up the good work everybody.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 07:26 PM
Skulblaka-vodhr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1956
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
As I'm fleshing things out, I've got a couple questions:
  • When you say "reactions to some of the other passengers", are you looking for specific reactions to other PCs that applied and/or the NPCs you created or just general impressions about the passengers?
  • Would it be okay to work a background NPC into the colony? Say, for example, a family member among the body of colonists.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68054
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Hi Dirk! You're not tired of me yet?
The same question should be asked in reverse...
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5068
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkoth View Post
The same question should be asked in reverse...
Yet me of tired not you're?
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 08:45 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyre2387 View Post
  • When you say "reactions to some of the other passengers", are you looking for specific reactions to other PCs that applied and/or the NPCs you created or just general impressions about the passengers?
  • Would it be okay to work a background NPC into the colony? Say, for example, a family member among the body of colonists.
Well, I had originally just meant other PCs (sort of a means to see who would mesh well, etc...) but you could totally have reactions to the npcs I provided. After all you've been trapped on a boat with them for most of six weeks.

As long as they have a reason to be there, remember these weren't so much volunteers and voluntary conscripts.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
How is necromancy perceived in the empire?
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:31 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
How is necromancy perceived in the empire?
Would you like the gibbet, flaying, or good old fashioned burning?
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Would you like the gibbet, flaying, or good old fashioned burning?
Do I have to choose? Can't I get one of each?

I'd hoped that with a LN god of undeath it might be perceived quite as darkly as it is in many settings. Hmmmm....