Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 02:37 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23388
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
Is there a map of the world,or at least the known parts of it?
Not really. I'm working on making one of the empire, right now its just scrawled on a post it note.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 04:04 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Definitely interested in this game, I think I've finally got a concept I can run with for this game

WIPName: Cameron Palaeologus
Race: Human
Origin: Lesser nobility of the Empire
Class: Sorcerer 7 (Imperious Bloodline)
Intended Role: Mixed magical support and offense (spell selection depending on the other PCs), Beloved Leader

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Oct 2nd, 2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 04:23 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7389
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Not really. I'm working on making one of the empire, right now its just scrawled on a post it note.
If you need a map service, I heavily recommend Inkarnate for world and local maps. The stuff it creates is beautiful and I use it in my game(s).
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 04:31 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
I have Campagin Cartographer and GIS, it's how I made the colony map, I just haven't had the time.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 11:31 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
So, wodine, I wrote a few paragraphs about the backstory of my noble-born character's house in my application a few posts up. If you'd rather not read it just say so, I think it's interesting and important to his motives but I can also certainly just keep it all in mind backstage.

If you are up for a bit of reading, though, please let me know if anything I've written contradicts existing cannon or anything you've got in your head but haven't quite fleshed out. It's your world, of course, I just wanted to write up some of the history of a small part of it.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 02:17 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7262
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Well count me interested. Lets see what I can make in 10 days to impress our GM.

One question as I start considering my options; will leadership be allowed? It was mentioned by a player when he was talking about the Kingdom building rules but I don't believe the specifics of if the feat was allowed or not was clarified. I can understand if it's not, it can create a lot of issues for some GM's but for a game like this it's sometimes good to have too. On the plus side it allows a number of NPC's that the players have to design who will populate the town rather then relying on just the GM to make the community.

So what is the verdict? Yay or Nay?

Last edited by taleteller50; Sep 24th, 2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 10:55 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
will leadership be allowed?
I've thought about it.

I don't inherently dislike leadership - however, given we're starting this game off at level seven I don't like the idea of NPCs showing up with limited growth from the characters.

If you want to take leadership I expect you to find and befriend one of the NPCs in town and then you can take it at the next level.

So no leadership during character creation, but the option is available for later.

Does that sound fair?
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
As for my back-history... ?
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 11:50 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
I've thought about it.

I don't inherently dislike leadership - however, given we're starting this game off at level seven I don't like the idea of NPCs showing up with limited growth from the characters.

If you want to take leadership I expect you to find and befriend one of the NPCs in town and then you can take it at the next level.

So no leadership during character creation, but the option is available for later.

Does that sound fair?
Sounds Fair.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 01:15 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Application
left-aligned image
Name: Reginald 'Reggie' Miller

Race: Human

Origin: Bastard Son of a Noble forced to live on the streets because of his illegitimate nature.

Class: Unchained Rouge, Investigator

Alignment: Neutral

Intended role: Troublemaker, Planner, Plotter, and General Pain in the Rear (Usually with a Blade)

Physical description: With a Rakish grin, trimmed facial hair, and long hair pulled back into a pony tail; most would consider Reggie reasonably hansom although far from beautiful. This is mostly because, even though he's not arrogant about them, Reggie does go out of his way to care for his looks; grooming and washing once a day when possible. Even as he tries to mask it the young man's rough life can be seen in the scars which he tries to keep hidden underneath his cloths; each one with a story that seems to change every time he shows them to some cute admirer.

Reggie's cloths can change depending on the situation but the one thing he always has on him is a necklace which once belonged to his mother that he never takes off, even when he would otherwise be need. This necklace is his most precious possession and Reggie would do nearly anything to get it back if it were ever taken.

Personality: Intelligent and witty, most find Reggie to have just the kind of roguish charm that endears him to those around him. In truth this is a calculated show to ensure people underestimate the young man while internally he's trying figure the best angle to get what he wants or how best to slip a blade in. Deep down Reggie is angry at the world; angry about what happened to his mother, angry at what happened to his gang, and most of all angry at his father who could have prevented it all if he had wanted.

There's very little Reggie doesn't hold a degree of animosity towards but he tries to control it, hiding it under a smile and a wink. The few that did hold his respect, his mother and gang, are mostly dead now but it's not like the young man's heart is completely made of stone. Underdogs like him, those who have been given nothing but who still survive despite it all, deserve at least some consideration. Still, just being down on your luck isn't enough to completely earn Reggie's trust; you can only earn that by proving yourself and showing that it's worth having you around.

The one group that Reggie will never give consideration to, no matter how down on their luck they might be, is Nobles who, as far as Reggie is concerned, all deserve to wallow in the mud with a blade in their side for all the good times they've had at the expense of those 'under' them. The only people who are worse are those who have betrayed or hurt Reggie and those with him. Nobles in general might piss Reggie off but he can at least put on a good face when dealing with them rather then deal with the can of worms that might crack open if he didn't. On the other hand, those who have hurt the young man or the few people he does care about will soon find the young man venting his anger on them with a voice many find frightening despite his thin build or worse, a spine chilling smile and a calm, even tone. At least when Reggie's yelling at someone there's a chance they might redeem themselves or pay him back but once Reggie starts giving them the icy treatment he's already decided that the only way this is going to end is with somebody dead.

How these people will die usually involve complicated schemes or contraptions that no one but Reggie seems to have a full grasp on but more often then not the result is someone who deserved it dead and very little able to be traced back to Reggie's direct involvement. If someone's lucky and Reggie was feeling generous his trap/plan would only hurt them permanently or break them mentally but some would claim that was even worse.

Last edited by taleteller50; Oct 1st, 2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 01:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34810
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
@Wodine

Will you be offering feedback on the finished applications, or is it every man/woman for themselves?
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 02:46 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
@Wodine

Will you be offering feedback on the finished applications, or is it every man/woman for themselves?
I can try - It's the best I can offer.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
It seems my amazing power of invisibility is as much a curse as it is a blessing. Time for a PM...
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 03:19 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofTuring View Post
It seems my amazing power of invisibility is as much a curse as it is a blessing. Time for a PM...
I haven't forgotten I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Back in green

Tools
User Statistics
All I needed to know . Just feeling a bit left out...