twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 10:35 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3830
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
@OneDarkness- I'd say he was Christian for simplicity. Given his nationality Austro-Hungarian he'd probably have fallen more under one of the orthodox varieties.

I'm looking at a soft deadline of the 23rd. I may cut off new applications earlier if I see I'm getting a lot.

For those newer to the system if I really like your app I may tell you you are in earlier this way we can start answering any questions and getting you ready to go.

I still have some maps to finish and if I can I like to pre-write the intros and other descriptive scenes to make it easier on me later. I'm making good progress with that so the start date will really depend on when the game gets accepted, I finish what I need to and everyone is comfortable to start. I'd like to think late August early Sept. to get things rolling.

Last edited by Anael; 08-15-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
Bookfellow Bookfellow
Name: Reginald St. John-Smythe
Profession:Medium and Occultist.
Appearance: Tall and thin, with thinning brown hair and a charming grin. He cuts a dashing figure with his fine clothing and elegant sword cane, a gift from a friend whose name he will not divulge.
Background:
"From the very moment of my birth, they knew that I was Different. Worst thing in the world you could possibly be, old boy, when you have family like mine."

Reggie is a British expatriate, estranged from his family after what he darkly calls "The Incident". The precise nature of The Incident is murky at best, although it seems to involve a haunted castle, a wealthy heiress, and entirely too much beer. If pressed upon the matter, Reggie will simply smile, and say that he's saving the details for his memoirs.

Reggies first came to the public eye after the events of the Seventh Street Seance, in the course of which he channeled the spirit of wealthy financier James Joseph Austermann's deceased wife. Word of this remarkable young man and his deeds spread, and Reggie quickly became a staple of New York high society. A year of seances, exorcisms, and psychometry left him with reputation for matters occult second only to the infamous Doyles.

His reputation was only bolstered by a series of published articles, one of which, entitled "An Evening With the Spirits, with Spirits", appeared in the Saturday Evening Post. A likely account of a haunting, accompanied by a selection of drink mixes of Reggie's own creation, the tale proved quite remarkably popular. This was followed by an irregular series of stories on historical hauntings and occult practices, which managed the tricky feat of being both entertaining and erudite.

Most recently, an agent of Count Korisingraf has approached Reggie, soliciting his aid and expertise for the appraisal of the late Count's estate. Reggie was delighted to accept.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
Anael - My character is done and I think I'll keep the stats that you rolled. It will be a real challenge to keep him from loosing his sanity - LOL
Old 08-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Destroyer of Worlds

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3640
Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh Zinrokh
Another fresh new player.

Heinrich von Reinhart
right-aligned image
Heinrich von Reinhart circa 1915
Name: Heinrich von Reinhart
Profession: Military Officer (retired)

Appearance:
Once a considered handsome the Great War took its toll upon the promising young officer. In the dying months of the war a stray artillery round took from him his left leg and left him with burns to much of body. His discipline and determination undiminished the man holds himself proudly, his grooming immaculate, his face clean-shaven, hair combed and austere uniform starched and pressed.

Background:
Son of minor Prussian nobles
Educated at the Prussian War College
Served as Prussian attaché to Austro-Hungarian military during the Great War
Where he worked alongside with Count Leopold.

Heinrich is product of the Prussian military; proud, stoic and polite though a little distant and clinical with his social interactions.

Reason for being there:
Heinrich maintained a friendly acquaintance with Count Leopold via correspondence over the years. In his most recent letter the count had invited von Reinhart to visit. Having no immediate family or commitments von Heinrich accepted the invitation and set out for the count's estate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gettyimages-454303056-612x612.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	81325  

Last edited by Zinrokh; 08-15-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anael View Post
Mcderth part of me really wishes he was trying to pass himself off as an archaeologist or some other professional.
“Yeh deez uh artemehfacts look really old and uh pricey. I uh left my tools in meh truck so I’ll take deez with me.”
You want'a me to pull d'e wool over d'ere eyes? I can'a do d'at
Old 08-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
I updated the OP with a list of applicants and occupations. You may notice one in red and one in blue. Those are the ones that meet the criteria for the professional part of the application especially Davloats. Since rexlerlepp's is only a student I lowered him on the scale.

Lyserg even though Morty is an Engineer I didn't include him. Ed's main goal is identifying ancient pieces and an Engineer isn't exactly who I would call in to do that.

These markers have no effect on who I will or wont take.

Last edited by Anael; 08-16-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1676
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Outline of an idea
I recently picked up the rulebooks for CoC and am really enjoying it so far! I played a d20 Lovecraftian system a while back, but this system is pretty new to me.

He/Him
Old 08-17-2019, 07:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 306
Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix Orgetorix
I think i'm done with my first draft(page 2), save for some proofreading tomorrow, and a picture. I may have overdone it a bit and delved on Boston a bit too much, if you prefer shorter apps, I can (and probably will either way) take down some stuff, but the main concept is there.

Cheers!
Old 08-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good Orgetorix

Secret for Pickles
Old 08-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
character app
left-aligned image
Father Niklas Mendel
Austro-Hungarian, Male, 47
Roman Catholic Priest

Appearance
Weathered with the lines of aging, Niklas has the look of a man accustomed to hard work and has seen his share of things from this world. Grey is starting in on his thick dark brown hair which hangs loosely just to the shoulders and is clearly visible in in his beard which is well maintained. His blue eyes are certainly one of his more prominent features and stand out against his darker skin, they are on the paler side of blue but are still clear and sharp. He is only a bit of average height with broader shoulders but he is certainly gaunt as if he has been deprived of food, with bones and muscle clearly visible across taunt skin. As one might expect he often wears the cassock of a priest, and even in less formal setting he tends towards darker colors with a prominently displayed wooden cross around his neck.

Personality
Niklas is a kind soul, patient and understanding, knowing that he does not know everything there is to know in their world and eager to learn those bits he is unfamiliar with. He will go out of his way to help those in need, even if there is a cost to himself involved. He has a strong belief in faith, leaving him fearless in most other regards, though he has always thought that to be blind would be terrifying as all the things he might miss seeing.

Background
While he was born and raised near Graz, Austria-Hungary, he was never destined to spend his life there. His parents were simple farmers in the area with an orchard of apple trees, a small stable of sheep and a modest family farm hat provided for their needs with enough left over to cover that which they could not do for themselves. Devoted catholics they prayed often at home and made trips into Graz to the churches when they could, which instilled in Niklas his own strong belief in God and eventually his joining of this ministry. He was many of the things the church was looking for in its missionaries, intelligent, hard working, and persuasive. They cultivated his talents and has been sent to many places around the world such as africa, india, south america, and many places in between. He never feels far from home though as the rosary he wears is that of his mother's, and has been in the family for many generations.

While he was happy to share his experiences with God, it truly fed into his passions in learning about the cultures and histories of others as he was able to experience them first hand. While he was sharing about his beliefs they would often share about theirs, and he would dutifully record them all, listening to their stories, seeing their places of significance and finding the similarities in their own lore with that of the church. These similarities helped him to bond with those he worked with, and the church found his reports quite detailed with more than a few being cataloged away for reference or to serve as guides for his brothers and sisters in the church.

He made many friends along the way that he regularly writes and exchanges letters with, one such friend Father Thomas Lutker resides in Boston, Mass. They had served on a few missions together in south america where they had worked to help spread the faith among the tribes in the region, and both had a keen interest in the mythos of others. A local librarian at Harvard, Miss Juliana Simms, is another close friend that he visits often when he returns to the united states and calls upon her when he is researching some tidbit of information he has acquired in his travels that he is interested in knowing more about.

He is currently in Boston visiting with Father Thomas while resting up after his last mission, he fell ill while in the jungles and is taking longer to recover than expected. While his strength has mostly returned, he gets the sense that something has changed.

Reason for being there
Count Leopold Korisingraf's collection of antiquities has always been of interest to those in the field, especially given there have been few enough eyes on the collection that some items of interest or notability may be waiting with in his dusty storerooms. So when word started circulating that the Count was cataloging his finds in preparation to be displayed or gifted to be displayed, Niklas most certainly became aware of their existence. When he had returned from a mission in south america he had hoped that the Count might be willing to let him take a look but instead found he had passed at a ripe old age, and instead of at the invite of the Count found a letter from the Count's assistant awaiting his return which fortunately had arrived the morning he had arrived.

Last edited by OneDarkness; 08-19-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:30 AM
Lost During Shipping

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12947
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
I would LOVE to finally dip my toe into the CoC world, and even have a vague idea of a character I'd like to play, but I just really have NO clue about how CoC works, in any sense.

Good luck with your game.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:51 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
It’s pretty easy to pick up. Most rolls are made with a d100
Your stats and skills will have a number say 60. To score a success you need to roll lower a hard roll is half- under 30.
When you experience the mythos you lose your Sanity points.
And combat is fairly simple.

Throw in an app If you want I’m taking new players if not I’ve got no problem teaching you the basics on the side either.

Last edited by Anael; 08-18-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:19 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5343
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I may throw in an app. Just a case of finding one I like. Not familiar with the system.
Or so it seemed
Old 08-18-2019, 04:06 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
If you need any help or inspiration acathala let me know.

I like father Niklas so far onedarkness!
Old 08-19-2019, 11:28 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
I think what I'm going to do is make today the deadline for new interest. Anyone who expresses interest before then will still have time to submit an application or finish one up until the deadline. I already see some great ideas and adding more will not make the job any easier.