RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-19-2019, 06:45 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1676
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
Drat and double drat. The website just lost a post I spent the last hour typing up. I'll take that as a sign to step away.

Have fun!

He/Him
Old 08-20-2019, 06:13 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3880
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Thanks Pickles! *Not a phrase I thought I'd be typing today....

The game has been approved. I'm placing the link here. Anyone is welcome to come and take a look as I get it ready for the start of the game and to follow along once it has started. Please no posting there until I make decisions on who is accepted.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18129
Old 08-21-2019, 01:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
Bookfellow Bookfellow
Working on a sheet now, but is there a template or anything that you would like us to use?
Old 08-21-2019, 02:40 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Man for some of you staying sane is going to be difficult with those low pow scores.

I'm going to start looking over the applications and making some decisions so some of you may get early notification. I think there is only one applicant who expressed interest but hasn't submitted anything so I'm still holding to my soft deadline of Friday.

Bookfellow there is no template as long as it makes sense. OneDarkness has a good format in the notes section of his submission. You'd still have to add in weapons, HP and other notes and it might be easier to edit that way

Last edited by Anael; 08-21-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:55 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21848
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
As a friendly neighborhood Old One, allow me to drop in, for a moment.

While we do not have on site character sheets yet (its a WIP) I will share my BBcode sheet which you may use, should you find it pleasing.

Iš! Iš!

Old 08-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks wodine!
Old 08-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5343
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I'm hoping to have the app done by tomorrow morning, which should still be night for you hopefully DM.
Or so it seemed
Old 08-22-2019, 02:59 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds good Acathala. I'm East Coast time.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:24 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Name Jack Baxter

Age 37

Profession Police Detective

Appearance Jack was handsome once upon a happier time. Now his weatherbeaten face shows every one of his 37 years, and a couple extra. Once iron black hair shows signs of iron grey hair. Piercing blue eyes remain his best feature. The suits he wears are typical of a detective gumshoe.

Background Jack was a Chicago detective with a bright future. Well he did have a bright future until he met his wife. Beautiful, kind and intelligent Clara, whom Jack instantly fell in love in, was also black. In era where interracial relationships could land you in prison or worse, Jack and Clara got married in secret, by a sympathetic priest. They had to pretend Clara was Jack's housekeeper. The year and a half where they were married. was the happiest of Jack Baxter's life.
All good things end. Jack came home one day to find the outside of his house daubed in racial slurs. Rushing inside he found his wife stabbed multiple times. This was not the worst of it. His own colleagues treated him like he was the criminal, and it was pretty obvious that it was racially motivated. Even colleagues he considered friends turned on him. Despite having an alibi and no motive for the crime, Jack was forced to resign from the Chicago PD. Clara's killer was never found, and Jack had to accept that after running down every lead he got from working the case privately.
Five years passed. Baxter took a job with the Plymouth PD, on B&E. He's partnered with the newly promoted detective, Tom Drummond. The two hit it off. Baxter becomes Tom's mentor and surrogate father figure, whilst Tom is a surrogate son for Jack. They're a pretty good team. Criminals are caught left, right and centre.

Why Jack Baxter is there. There have been accusations that some of the collection was obtained through theft. Jack had actually interviewed the Count before his death, and he vehemently denied the charges. Even accounting for mental illness Jack found the Count off. A lack of evidence means Jack has to let it go.
Until he gets an invite from Edward. Jack is unsure why he got one. Tom is unable to be there, because his pregnant wife is due to give birth.
Or so it seemed
Old 08-23-2019, 09:03 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
And with that I'll bring the application process to a close! Thanks to all who have shown interest. I will go through the applications again and have a final list of accepted players by the end of the day.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:51 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I took another look through the applications and I think I already had my mind made up so there is no need to drag things out. It was a tough call and I even went one spot over and I am taking six players on. Without further ado...

The investigators on their way to madness and death are:
Mcderth
OneDarkness
Orgetorix
Bookfellow
Ballon
Acathala

Make your way over and say hello, ask any questions you have and so on..

As for the rest I appreciate your interest. If you any player drops and you want to be considered an immediate backup let me know.

Last edited by Anael; 08-23-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13414
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Thanks can't wait to see what sort of shenanigans you have in store for us
Old 08-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Anyone who was accepted feel free to stop on by and say hello and/or ask any questions you might have. If you haven't already been in touch please check in.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18129

Last edited by Anael; 08-24-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:12 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics

I am currently seeking somewhere between 1-3 replacements for my Call of Cthulhu game. The last scenario below will be wrapping up shortly and I will be starting a new campaign. I am leaning towards taking it to New Orleans since it ties in with a sub plot for my remaining player. If you interested in playing a CoC game new or experienced let me know and I can expand on things and begin to get things moving. This will be first come first serve. For the moment all you need to do is express your interest in playing and we can discuss the next scenario, get some characters made and so on.

The plot hook for the new investigators for New Orleans:
A wealthy businessman is offering a hefty sum to investigators to find out more about a local Voodoo priest. He believes the man to be a fraud obviously as there is no such thing as magic or spirits. Normally he would not waste time on such people but because his sister has been taken in by this mans con he is afraid the priest will try to scam her out of much of her considerable wealth. Before she loses one red cent he must be exposed as the con-man he is.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:24 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
As one of Anael's players, well the last player standing, I can attest to him being a good DM. The system was very unfamiliar to me, and he was patient and helpful in getting the mechanics of my character set up, the shrewd detective Jack Baxter. He's been one of my favourite characters to play on this site.
Or so it seemed