... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Jul 29th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3955
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Definitely interested in starting up a CoC campaign! I would love to throw my hat into the ring!!!
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 04:17 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 237
Don Cricri Don Cricri Don Cricri
@Anael, apologies I'm bit confused, are you still looking for new players? Few posts above you confirmed that you found who you were looking for.
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 08:48 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4403
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Thatís ok. Yes Iím still looking for 1-2 more.
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 09:12 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Tachikoma Tachikoma

Name: Harvey 'Valentine' Treweather
Profession: Conman
Appearence: Harvey has the appearence any mother-in-law would dream of, short and stylish blonde hair, piercing blue eyes and a charming smile. He dress stylish with attention to personal details like an red handkerchief with silver initials, a dandelion in the hat band. What he lacks in physical and mental strengths he make up for in charm and knowing how to say the right things at the right moment.
Background: Harveys working parents, his father William a cobbler and his mother Ethel a nurse, tried their best to instill a strong work ethic in the boy. If it weren't for the fateful day when young Harvey was only ten years old and William passed away in a heart attack, they might have. However as Ethel starting to get worse from aching joints, worn out shoulders and heavier and heavier drinking, the family went from poor to destitute. What Harvey took as a lesson from it all was, that there was no point in working hard your whole life if it meant you were going to die dirt poor anyway. So why not make sure you got what you wanted, even if you might piss off people? As Harvey ended is teenage years he already knew how to run card schemes, bluff your way to some scraps from the local butcher shops, but he constantly wanted more. So he started to create more elaborate schemes in high society, where he could use his charms and good looks to blend in and earn trust. As long as he looked like a million dollars, know one knew that he ate canned food and stole his bread.
Why Harvey is there: Who better to expose a conman then a real deal con artist? Besides, New York where Harvey spent the last few years have started to get a bit stale, people in his immediate circles have grown rather irritated that the promised Da Vinci sketches never seem to clear customs, despite numerous 'investments'.
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 09:33 AM
Purgare Preserved Wildlif

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5471
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'm interested, ideas are bubbling up like it were a shaken and just opened Coca-Cola, so something's coming your way soon!
I've never played the system though.

I've been thinking: would a former curator be a fantastic idea or should I avoid that? Such a character would likely have a lot of occult knowledge (read folklore and such) so it might be a good thing to ask.

Last edited by Sirviantis; Jul 30th, 2020 at 09:45 AM.
Old Jul 30th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
Any occupation can work. A lot of occult knowledge doesnít translate directly to knowledge of the mythos so thatís not a problem. They could have a ton of motivations maybe trying to prove to himself the occult is real or like Houdini using his knowledge to debunk hucksters...

Anyone who has expressed interest report here if you wish. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18129

Say hi in the ooc and let me know youíre experience level with CoC. We can then discuss the next game.
You can even start to roll up stats if you wish. There is no rush the other game is still wrapping up.

Game is now full. Applications closed.
Old Aug 15th, 2020, 08:27 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5639
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
Darn, I didnít see this in time.
Old Aug 16th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5526
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhammer View Post
Darn, I didnít see this in time.
Yeah, you're really missing out. Never know your luck though. First game we had a couple of drop outs.
Or so it seemed
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 04:19 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
UPDATED 10/2
I am currently seeking 1 replacement/Victim for my Call of Cthulhu game. We are in the middle of a scenario but introducing a new PC in will be no problem. I'll leave this up for the weekend. Then make my decision.

Just express I interest and give me a quick character idea. We are in New Orleans we can hammer out your reasons for being there later. If no one posts by Monday it’ll be first come first serve.

Last edited by Anael; Oct 2nd, 2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2020, 02:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Junebug82 Junebug82
Name: Gertrude "Gertie" McCarney
Profession: Book Dealer

Appearance: Gertie is a plump woman with rounded cheeks and a soft chin. Her nose, however, was narrow and sharp, and her blue eyes soft, thoughtful and a little sad. She wears her wavy dark brown hair long, often kept out of her face with a colorful scarf. A pretty young woman, she wears simple makeup and mostly unadorned clothes, not terribly bothered about her appearance. As long as what she wears is clean and tidy, she's content.

Background: The fourth of six children, Gertie grew up in Brooklyn, NY. Her father worked as an art restorer, while her mother, who'd worked as a librarian until marriage, instilled in all of her children an intense love of books. In her final year of college, she was hired to locate a rare book of poems and discovered her love of being what she called a book detective. She works for private collectors from across the country, hunting down and acquiring books on her employers' wish lists. She's an expert active listener with a knack for asking the right questions to the right people.

Reason for being there: To have the chance to see this infamous collection is a once in a lifetime opportunity Gertie would do anything not to miss.
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 09:33 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
It looks like there will be no other interest and the weekend is nearly up so I’ll call it a wrap. Welcome aboard Junebug.
You rolled in one my older threads the one we will be posting in is closer to the bottom. I’ll get a link to you later on and we will hammer out details.

Game filled.

Last edited by Anael; Oct 4th, 2020 at 09:33 PM.